Daria thread

Daria thread.

Was discussing it in a Cisbusters thread and it can hold it's own for a discussion. Any similiar series suggestions are welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

businessdictionary.com/definition/Generation-Y.html
businessdictionary.com/definition/Millennial.html
outpost-daria-reborn.info/song_list_1.html
vh1.com/video/misc/83171/beat-kids-pharmacy.jhtml
ebaumsworld.com/videos/kid-dressed-up-like-hitler-interviews-people/165852/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do people actually like this? It's boring, annoying and unfunny.

Yes, it's entertaining, has good plot lines and a few chuckles.

It's a series of it's time, if you lived through that time it feels cozy. Sick Sad World was a direct reference to 90's cable TV stuff and that's just not something you can understand today

MTV was never good.

True, but they were lucky enough to get some solid shows. Well, three shows to be more precise.

Nothing MTV ever showed was good.

It also pokes fun at liberals too, faggot.

lacks the laughs but still…

Was Daria jealous of her sister? Apparently Quinn outsmarts Daria to the point of play dumb just to not to antagonize with Sandy and she prettier than her.

Generation X was probably the worst Generation. Even worse than Gen Y.

Are gen Y the millennials or they're a different shit?

Nihilism was growing in popular quite a bit throughout the 90's and it seemed like much of what she complained about was just feeling like most people around her got too worked up about things. Which seems sorta anti-tumblr.

businessdictionary.com/definition/Generation-Y.html

businessdictionary.com/definition/Millennial.html

Looks like the same group and also an extremely large group since it seems to spam about a 15 year period.

You might need to watch it again when you have a better grasp of the english language

Yeah, but she was still bitch and complaining doesn't really help the situation.

isnt this more Holla Forums?

Fuck off rulefag

Did you even watch Daria? Way too cynical for a tumblrina.

She'd be ripping SJWs a new asshole.

PRAISE KEK

iirc, in the episode where the Microsoft expy apparently won't hire minorities and women, doesn't she btfo Jodie for using her minority status to try get an internship?

Yeah it was a regular theme throughout Daria for characters to have special snowflake statuses called out. It's why it annoyed some people when Tom came around and shit on Daria for essentially acting like a special snowflake by shitting on others for so long.

Back to maisiefag land faggot

I mean sure, she doesn't agree with the hiring policy, but she does spend a bit of time being cynical about the other side of the coin too, which is something MTV would never do now.

There was also the episode where Jodie's parents get introduced as hyper-sensitive race baiters.

Yup, I seem to remember that.

Also, Jane would be pretty much making a mockery of feminism (in the self-esteem episode, she touched on it a bit, IIRC) and probably exploiting white knights, just for the fuck of it.

They'd both be either making fun of/ripping on SJWs, for the most part.

I can imagine Chuck being quite aligned with the MGTOW/red pill mentality.

It's amusing to see them being popular amongst a number of SJWs, since Daria and Jane are in the other end of the spectrum of social justice – they do their own thing, and don't give a shit about anyone, but they do call out on other people's bullshit and show them how pathetic their attempts of being edgy and original really are. They see themselves wading through a river of hypocrites.

Sick, Sad World was a satire of what we would consider '90s cable TV sensationalism, proto-clickbait, if you will.

more like diarrhea

ftfy

Gen Y is the people born after gen X and b4 1995

Millenials are basically everyone after that

please, there was an entire episode where she made a big deal about a company not having any women on their upper management board

she even went to the fucking interview and outright told them that she wouldn't work for them because of it, wasting EVERYONE'S time

she's not proto-sjw, she IS sjw

chuck would be a failed pua and probably a beta-cuck

didn't they have Daria in a relationship with a rich guy that she treated like shit?

Quinn really did deserved better

Go fuck yourself, caller.

1.The Maxx
2. Sifl & Olly
3. Cartoon Sushi
4. Daria
5. a fifth thing

Obviously underage or never seen the show. Daria seems to be bored or lack energy but she's the opposite of a nihilist. Her problem is that no one ELSE cares about anything.

They don't fucking get it do they? It's just another trend to them. I guess Daria would sigh at the irony there.

Jackass was god tier

it's jane wearing the makeup, which she did in the show

why does Jane need pancake vampire makeup? she's the same skin-tone as Daria.
Daria has makeup too, which ruins it. I guess my complaint is the whole picture, its too damn clean and sterile. They should be at a grungy 90s pizza joint, not some pristine, fake 50s-style shit. The pizza isn't even on a fucking pan; who just sets pizza on the table? They look like "hot girls" playing dress-up, not like Daria & Jane. that whole image is against the spirit of the show, which makes it confusing, it sets off red flags in your brain.

sounds like you just have autism

I have the entire Daria Restoration Project seasons, I'll check it out.

Either way, I wouldn't say it qualifies as a proto-sjw… too bitter and sarcastic at everything.

And some people consider Daria and Jane proto-hipsters too – they were both on the Grunge end of the spectrum, hipsters aren't walking repositories of cynicism.

Jane strikes me as an AiC fan

Wonder Showzen and Aeon Flux?

And then you had her school director, who was a greedy chink bitch, and her teacher, who was a batshit insane manhater.

I don't recall the show being particularly preachy, and Daria gets called on her shit often enough so you understand she is not a saint.

lmao right knowing shit is 4 nerds XD

Fuck yeah! I hoped our Daria discussion yesterday would lead to a thread.

What did he mean by this?

Welcome to cosplaying.

Aeon Flux and this

>>>Holla Forums

Oh yeah, Wonder Showzen too on MTV2

Dunno, the goth chick banged him in the "Is It College Yet?" tv movie.

But yeah Andrea is the best background character of all time in any cartoon

Yup, I remember those. They both got made of by Daria and Jane regularly, they never took them seriously.

As with that other teacher who was a complete emasculated joke.

These two are closer to what they'd look like in real life, sans the low cut top on Daria.

She'd never wear that.

MTV WAS NEVER GOOD AND ALL THOSE SHOWS ARE GARBAGE
YOU ARE THE CANCER

Nihilia wouldn't do a fucking thing because she's NOT REAL.
>>>/waifuist/

CUCKOLD BOARD OWNER LET ME POST

Trash.

Garbage.

So is safe to say you're a gentleman who only watch the pbs, right?

kys

Headbanger's Ball

Please fuck off cuck nigger

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/

Since nobody has mentioned it yet, MTV had access to music licensing and stacked the background music.

The list of shows that feature Rage Against The Machine and Iggy pop are pretty slim. Made me instantly like daria.

If you like that 90's shit this shows bretty gud.
outpost-daria-reborn.info/song_list_1.html

Oh fuck yes!

Fuckin' A, man.

>tfw you'll never make sweet, passionate love to Jane while blasting Soundgarden in the background

I'm not quite sure how to react, so I'm part of a generation that everyone pretends doesn't exist?

A man can dream

Plus Trent would be a great dude to hang out with.

I'll never give up on my 90s waifu

Daria is definitely a nihilist for the most part, but it doesn't have to mean not caring about anything so much as just caring about the here and now. It's more an abandonment of superficiality like what her sister was so obsessed with.

Nihilism was a fairly popular mindset in the 90's kids was almost bucking against hyper superficiality of the 80's.

Made it fairly funny seeing how emos then developed in the 00's almost like a generation rebelling against the nihilists culture of not caring about bullshit so much by becoming whiny fucks in retaliation.

Wonder Showzen was ahead of its time. It still holds up really well.

Question: If kids were adopted nihilism to combat 80's superficiality, what are the 2000 and maybe the 2010s doing?

Like said, Emos were kinda one-upping goths and grunge, while taking some of their aesthetics, and making it all about EMOtions.

At least, that's how I remember it.

My theory is 00's emos bucked against the nihilism by driving themselves into emo culture which had some aesthetics similar to goth, but was obsessively mopey as they tried caring too much about absolute bullshit.

Then in 10's we started getting hipsters which kinda bucked against the emo trend of caring too much about everything, but did so through the deranged practice of becoming superficial about trying to look like they weren't.

It's kinda sad and funny how this has almost come full circle with one generation trying to do the opposite of the last, yet with the last couple just seeming to make things worse and worse.

"-How many classes of med school do you have to flunk to become a pharmacist?"

BTFO

vh1.com/video/misc/83171/beat-kids-pharmacy.jhtml

"-Whose hat represents more oppression, yours or mine?"

ebaumsworld.com/videos/kid-dressed-up-like-hitler-interviews-people/165852/

REPENT!

TV used to be better and you don't need nostalgia goggles to see it.

Yeah, those headlines will fit perfectly in Gawker´s shit soapboxes.

What about that spiderman show?

I still occasionally hear "lesbian seagull" in my mind

Not sure if tv is aware although i believe it has an inkling:

Mike Judge is one of the horsemen of the apocalypse. hes warning us that its all going to end, badly, but instead of listening we are stuck on the couch singing

you accurately summed up what made Jackass great in one sentence

I just binged this and I need more.

I just called them hippie faggots, because millennials are as stupid as 60's hippies but with anal aids

mi negro

You're retarded.

No, Millenials and Generation Y are the same thing.

Quit your petty moralizing, you self-important aspie.

There is one thing that has to do with race about Beavis and Butthead. If they ever attempted to do something similar to Beavis and Butthead with nonwhite people then the SJWs would go batshit.

That's true. They even wring their hands over people on their own side, like Sacha Baron Cohen.

Kill yourself.

Right, let's get it out of the way. Who would you bang in Daria?

Daria or Jane, of course.

Don't know I hope it involves guns thou. Anyway it's a circle how the trends go

Measuring when a generation starts and ends is completely subjective. Some people say gen X is people born after 1980, some say it's people born after 1990. There's no science in it.

I was born in 1984 and I can be considered both gen X and a millennial. It's fucking stupid.

Andrea or Jane