The Twilight Zone

What does Holla Forums think of this show? Overated crap that's only value is in how humorously bad some of the plot twists were or decent Sci-Fi anthology that had more hits than misses?

I always liked it myself, but maybe I'm biased having had watched reruns and VHS tapes of it with my Dad when I was younger

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5074173/The_Twilight_Zone_-_All_156_Episodes_Original_Rod_Serling
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I still enjoy it. Great variety and it's always nice seeing some of the future stars make their first appearances. My favorite would have to be the one where those people are locked in the vault with that guy who hates them. Or Owl Creek Bridge. Did anybody watch the Forest Whitaker reboot back in the early 2000's? I never paid attention to it.

I watched a bunch of episodes years back and loved them. I'll have to go through the whole series eventually.

Prefer The Outer Limits

From what I saw, the reboot was rather forgetabble, which is a shame, The Twilight Zone was never anything too complex, a simple Sci-Fi plot with either a tangled little mystery or a twist kept for you at the end stretched out in a 22 minute, and later 45 minute long segments, how you fuck that up is beyond me, though perhaps the 1950s-60s were a better time for Science Fiction

My favorite episode is a tie between the one with the old lady who is afraid of death and the one where the kids find a wonderland in another dimension on the otherside of their swimming pool to escape their parent's divorce

It was terrible.

Mind explaining why you didn't like it user, if you were kind enough to bump the thread, would you be so could as to give as a thought out arguement as to why?

This isn't Holla Forums after all.

fuck off /pol

Classic show that still holds up today.

there's always one of those guys

as for me, show was great overall, some episodes coulda been better (and definitely worked better on paper) but still great from start to finish.

Garbage. When it wasn't lecturing the audience with its presumed moral superiority in a proto-SJW shitshow, it was engaging in M. Night Shyamalan-tier TWIST endings.

I get the feeling Rod Serling was a real prick to be around. The kind of guy who thinks he's so much more sophisticated than everyone else when in reality he wrote B level crap, social signaling at Hollywood cocktail parties about THOSE people in the South or something, as he chain-smoked himself to death.

And I just looked this little fact up right now, didn't know this at all, went to check and yep…Jew.

It's better than the vast majority of shit on Holla Forums, being a classic. Might even be worth binge watching.

A lot of the episodes could be classified as noir, with their moral ambiguity and use of shadows, angles, and surrealism. Just as many as could be classified as 'moral lectures' if you wanted to call it that.

Of course, you just want to shitpost about a classic.

I tip my fedora to you, my good gentlesir.

My Little Pony deals with morals a lot better than The Twilight Zone ever did.

I thought it was fantastic. Probably my favorite sci-fi show.

I remember I used to watch it a lot and fucking loved it as a kid. I started the series watching from the start. It was fucking amazing for two seasons then it's quality dropped spectacularly hard. I am not sure why. I mean there were still good episodes here and there (and I am not saying every single episode of the first two seasons was great), but it's like the quality went all over the place.

One of the best shows I've seen. One of my favorite episodes is the one where the aliens visit earth and invite people to their spaceship and the guy finds the book "To Serve Man" and the TWIST is that the aliens are just eating them.

I always watch the original Twilight Zone marathon every New Year morning.

Fucking newfag.

Is that a thing Latza actually said?

Pretty good but I really wish television would show more science fiction/horror anthology series on syndication more often. Outer Limits, Night Gallery, etc.

Twilight is shit

if you like it and are not a 15-year-old girl, kill yourself

weak b8 m8

Why you hatin' against Twilight? What did Paul Newman ever do to you?

Are you telling me you didn't like Reese Witherspoon's tits?

It's just that Harlan Ellison wrote two really good episodes for Outer Limits, the ones that James Cameron ripped off for Terminator, and he didn't write for the original Twilight Zone. He wrote for the 80s revival but that show was a pale imitation of the original, even though Ellison's episodes were pretty good.

I wouldn't put it past the faggot.

Fucking newfag.

C'mon people let's get back on topic. Which was the best Twilight Zone episode and why was it The Invaders?

?????????????????????????????

anyway, I disagree, the best episode by far was Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up, the Twist double twists in on itself in the last second to such a laugable degree I can't help but love it for being so stupid.

get oute reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I love that episode almost as much as I love Little Girl Lost.

so two good episodes from one show suddenly makes it better than all of twilight zone?

gents, you are both wrong.

A Game of Pool, Five Characters In Search of an Exit, Time Enough At Last and The Howling Man all qualify for best episode.

oh, i forgot The Hitch-Hiker

Bullshit the lot of of you. The Dummy was clearly the superior episode.

I fucking loved that episode. The smug look from that three eyed xenoshit gets me every time.

But the best episode was clearly "And When the Sky Was Opened"

Great episode, simple concept executed perfectly with a great twist at the end, top-tier taste user

The Howling Man is sort of given, I don't think anyone really needs to mention it, its one of the most well known and regarded episodes

I'd like to add The Old Man in the Cave, The Obsolete Man, A Stop at Willoughby, It's a Good Life, and Miniature.

the old ones are fucking great, almost timeless, watch that shit when you are zonked on psilos or something if you are into that kinda thing..

for most of us that are a bit older there is probably a nostalgic element to it, I too would watch these with my old man and my uncle stateside

Rod Serling will always be the coolest motherfucker in the room, still love his freeze-frame walk ins

probably my favorite one is the episode about the bomber crew ending up over the desert, loosely based on a true story except for the twist of course

obvious bait that still fucking rustled me, bravo

still have the big torrent btw, ill seed tonight if anybody wants

(looks like there is an even bigger one out there, 64gigs, altho it might just be better quality)

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5074173/The_Twilight_Zone_-_All_156_Episodes_Original_Rod_Serling

can you post magnet link?

can't access TBP because Finland is a hellhole

All the military ones+ the ones about some kind of apocalypse are my favorite for some reason, military spooky shit is somehow more plausible as ridiculous as it sounds, its practically a genre with the russkis f.e.

It might be the juxtaposition, the military background grounds it and give it a believable basis which makes the paranormal/inexplicable stuff..pop more

also this was the 50-60s, you couldnt really make up anything that was scarier than reality, i.e. the very real possibility of complete thermonuclear annihilation

sure, should be able to do that, cant you get on one of their proxy pages?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:664454fb381d34aa53919fcc4ce02be23c321072&dn=The+Twilight+Zone+-+All+156+Episodes+Original+Rod+Serling&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

thats…right i hope? Perkele!

shit, this:

is for you

Pretty good but Outer Limits was way better.

thanks m8

The 90's version has tits too, making it even betterer.

you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. quit shitting up the board.