WE ALL FLOAT DOWN HERE

ew.com/article/2016/07/13/it-movie-pennywise-first-look#

Nothing is sacred

dat lazy eye

looks too clean/demonic

curry pennywise was scary because of the mix of 80's special effects + how dopey he looked (that irl clown serial killer call back)

Same shit with Carrie. They made her all "cool scary" looking, instead of goofy scary, which is the scariest type of scary.

Don't like it. The only two things that can salvage it is his voice and his screen presence.

Looks more like 'Edge' than 'It'.

Fuck you hollywood… Fuck you…

Have they announced that the kids are going to be aged up to 18 and at least half of them made black and/or girls yet?

Seth Green's character will also now be a mtf tranny.

Wasn't there a girl in the original book?

Didn't she fuck all the boys to "comfort" them near the end?

It's 2016, one girl, one black kid, and a couple of jewish boys isn't nearly enough diversity these days.

I've never met a man afraid of clowns. Why are Americans such pussies?

I wonder if they'll at least try to do some of the crazy psychic battle shit or any of it's forms besides the clown this time.

Yes that's what Stephen King wrote. Before to kill the clown in the sewers in 1958, at age 12 Beverly had sex with all the Loser's Club to "bond" and calm them. Also King wrote that the little whore only reach orgasm with two of them.

Google John Wayne Gacy

I know who John Wayne Gacy is. That would just make me afraid of pedophiles though.

I've seen clowns on festivals at a young age so I suppose that's why.

I'm an American and I've never met a man who was afraid of clowns. In my experience, it's only girls.

I thought the order went, they killed the clown/werewolf with silver, the stuttering kid did some astral plane fight with the creature and sent it away, then the kids got lost trying to get out the sewer, so the girl fucked them all, which turned the black kid's magic pathfinding ability back on so he could guide them out?

It's been years since I read it.

Stephen King is truly the cuck progenitor.

I wrote before instead of after, you're right. The thing is Beverly was a whore as a little girl, and whore when she grew up

The movie was only good the first half, and quickly fell to shambles the second half. It's nowhere near sacred.

This so much.

It was at its best when they were kids. As adults it's just not as entertaining.

Hold up. Wasn't there a 40-50 year timeskip after IT was repelled by the children? Does this mean the last half of the movie is going to be full of faggots on their cellphones? Also, I wonder if IT will be a giant spider again.

I can agree with that. Timeskips can be really hard to pull off in the middle of movies and the longer the skip, the more shitty it usually gets.

Will they put in the scene the loli has sex with all the kids this time?

Why did you even bother asking this? You know they won't.

Stephen King is a fucking pedo and should be hanged.

true story tbh fam

All pedos should be hanged. Even if we lose half of Holla Forums's userbase.

double true story tbh fam

A man can dream.

You're going to be hanged in the great Holla Forums purge.

No u

The Great Holla Forums Purge™
It's HAPPENING, pedo filth.

Right, i forgot about that part of the Book. If i remember correctly it wasn't even a particularly short sequence, King took quite a while to describe everything.

Yes… he spent way too much time describing how the fat kid's cock was so huge it was hurting the girl even after taking four or five dicks before him.

the only reason the original It was good was because of a single actor's performance, this is going to be 100% irredeemable.

now I'm not saying the original was a fucking classic, it was full of trash but Tim Curry was the saving grace that made it worth watching, without him I can't see this being anywhere near as entertaining

Let's not be hasty, user. Let's offer them a choice, hanging or castration.

Lies. The first half was solid, and so were the performances. Even Seth Green.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Stephen King fan by any means, but he has written some great stories. I'm talking purely about his novellas; The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, and The Body. The Shining as well, but that doesn't fall into the same category as the others. I don't care for anything else he's done, but there is talent in those works. I doubt most of you have even read them.

Also I only just finished reading the article now, they already have a fucking sequel planned

So not only will we get one shitty movie, but two if the chinks eat it up. Which is honestly up in the air if they make it right to get past their sensors. I don't know how horror movies fare over in the Land of the Dragon.

Speaking of, I absolutely love The Long Walk. It was the first novel he ever wrote, as far back as his time in college, under the Bachman label.

I know he's not popular here, but when King was 'on' he could really turn out some interesting shit.

for each of those you have the langoliers, sun dog, library policeman and geralds game

king is very talented when he wants to be but also cranks out shit on a daily basis to placate his "constant readers"

Hell, Id half expect them to link it to the dark tower movie and build a Stephen king cinematic universe around it.

What's the point if the clown isn't going to be played by Idris Elba?

DROPPED

I'll have to check that out, thanks. I guess I also have a soft spot for Carrie, but I never found his horror very interesting. Movies like Misery and Pet Cemetery were okay too.

I'm well aware of that. It was getting ridiculous. I was just saying that he has written some great things, and they were made into great movies. Some of these idiots don't know any better outside their memespeak.

Long Walk is about as non-horror as King really gets. It's a dystopian thriller set around 100 boys participating in a marathon to be the last one standing.

It's my favorite kind of battle royale.

I fucked up hard. I mean about as non-horror as his horror stuff in particular gets.

My favorite's The Running Man. Shame we'll never see a remake because muh 9/11.

Part of what IT did was seem to play with ghosts at a few points and the Chinese are super fucking picky about that.

They have to have the ghosts be shown respectfully which couldn't really be done well for a horror movie I would think. So may not be the sort of thing they could include for a Chinese audience.

I remember when I was a little kid I read one of his stories about a finger that came out of the plumbing that scared the shit out of me for an entire summer. I took to taking shits out in the woods near my families farm until my dad found out where I was going every night and beat the shit out of me.

What's there to be scared about in the woods? Aint no obscene demon finger going to try and plug my cornchute out there.

skinwalkers, for starters.

They aren't real

I know that story. It's called The Moving Finger. The best part of the story was near the end when the protagonist has taken care of the finger. He starts to think about it, and he wonders if the finger is going through all the pipes up through his hotel bathtub, then what is the finger attached to on the other end? This revelation at the end was the scariest part to me because I don't want to know what a finger that long belongs too.

The original was great in part *because* it was a made for tv movie. What people never get is that working within limits forces creators to be more creative sometimes, this is one of those examples.

A lot of the editing is really clever that way. That scene where Ritter is kissing the girl and he notices she's wearing half a clown costume in the mirror, and then he turns back and it's Pennywise "KISS ME, FAT BOY!"

I just hate this because it portrays clowns as evil monsters out to harm people.

Clowns are just people that want to make others happy, and laugh. There is a rich tradition of clowns going back centuries, but now this modern edgy crap has ruined it.

Now so many children are afraid of clowns, because they have been fed this "murderous creepy clown" imagery.

I just hope we still get this scene or a scene like it.

God, that young librarian is gorgeous!

Hollywood loves the 80's now.

I blame/commend Drive for this.

Blame the ICP.

It's a novella.

This scene in IT's first part (no one liked the second one) might have been one of the best trolls in the 90s. I knew dozens of kids who were left traumatized by Pennywise, because their parents didn't expect a primetime tv movie to steer into horror this fast.

And then there's idiots who get their facts from e-celebs, who weren't even born back then and the series boring and not so scary. Tim Curry deserved a load of emmys.

That & Rage would actually make for powerful movies if done right, but of course they wouldn't be. Don't know why everyone pusses out about Rage when the protagonist only kills 2 people, and in very short, non-gory scenes. The worst, most disgusting events in Rage are perpetuated by adults trying to control the kids, that's the whole fucking point.

The story Rage is a pretty accurate descriptor of how teenagers really feel, deep inside (the kids in class, not necessarily Charlie). I was a teen in the 80s, long after King, sure, but it was still that way for us. It's a shame no one wants to admit it.

Amazing, I never liked clowns, I never found them funny at all, only annoying, but Tim Curry's IT makes me laugh every time, mainly in that scene. How is it that a clown that is supposed to be scary get to be so funny?

Don't get too excited, she is Canadian.

Because he loves his job, that's the secret to making a great villain. Reading a story is not like playing a game, where you need to be the hero beating the baddies: the villain is part of the story as much as the hero, and needs to be relatable.

Tim Curry seemed like he had so much fun playing Pennywise. The jokes are so corny, but the way he does it makes it hilarious every time.

Is this gonna be two stories told side-by-side like in the books?
Seriously, watching the movie was such a let down.

I'm sure this won't suck a fat cock. I'm sure people criticising it won't be called immature muh soggy knees manchildren. I'm sure it won't try to be edgy like the fuckawful Galactica remake was.

i fail to see the problem, but "feminists" will say this scene is gross and creepy.

And I'm sure the CGI will look better and scarier and more realistic than the practical fx in the original.
And that the child actors won't either be up-aged into pretty teens played by wooden 25-30-y/o actors, or annoying Episode I Anakin Skywalker-tier child actors.
I'm sure the camera won't be a janky mess of whip-pans or some other 'innovative' technique.
I'm sure there won't be a surperfluous chase sequence.
I'm sure it won't be filmed through some color filter to seem le deep.
I'm sure it won't get preachy about anything or other there's a moral panic about.
I'm sure the soundtrack won't have buttrock.
I'm sure the director and studio care.
I'm sure there have been two or fewer writers, and that this hasn't been stuck in Development Hell for years or something.
I'm sure that if the original cast endorses or has cameos in it, they won't look like POWs reading forced confessions at gunpoint.
I'm sure they're planning to respect the source material, and not remove elements they deem 'problematic.'
I'm sure there won't be some distracting big-name actor who the viewer can only see as 'that actor' or a more famous part they played and not whatever probabably-bit part they're hammily playing for their cocaine money.
I'm sure it won't be set in the modern era so they can hawk smartphones and big gulps, and to show that the writers know fuckall about how technology works whenever a character mentions anything about computers or the internet.
I'm sure the action sequences won't be a bloodless, blurry, jumbled mess.
I'm sure it won't be rated PG-13.
I'm sure it won't be in 3D or HD and full of gopro footage.
I'm sure I will love it.

Nah. The black kid didn't make her come. Nor the Jewish kid either.

That scene will never be acknowledged and you know it.

Frankly, I have yet to meet a person who read the book that didn't think the orgy scene was gross and unnecessary.

There was a sort of chase scene already. When the jewish kid runs out of a haunted house after seeing it, and jumps on the other kid's bike and they zoom off in case the thing is chasing them.