Itt:

itt:
Post movies you don't understand why people hate it

is that the new ghosbusters?

Because it's fucking terrible?

Not good, but still better than the 2014 flick tbh.

Time to kill yourself :^)

all Godzilla movies are shit

no exceptions

But you need to go back to reddit first fam.

The 1954 one was an exception.

Final Wars might be shit but the main theme/score is really nice.

The original Japanese cut of Gojira was fucking amazing what are you on?

nope. Godzilla's barely in it. it's mostly just a bunch of gooks being boring in black-and-white

Godzilla fan here.

I can totally understand why some people would call Godzilla films shit, HOWEVER you gotta give that the original one and the 2014 Legendary remake are good movies, the former being a classic of great artistic value.

Godzilla 1998 is more like a new take on The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, enjoyable on its own, but not an actual Big G film.

The point is that Godzilla is a metaphor for the horrors of nuclear war. Good thing it wasn't on screen too much because back then even the practicals were shit.

Nah. It's a shit flick. It has some stunning visuals here and there, the scenes with Godzilla. The rest of the flick sucks ass, feels like a generic monster flick with mediocre script, bland acting, sloppy pacing, and retarded direction. Even the destruction scenes are abysimal

a perfect Godzilla movie, then

you're being too mean, japs and gooks in general can't into film making worth a shit, godzilla is better than 99% of trash that come out of riceland

Because it wasn't Godzilla.

It's much better when you take into account that Japan fixed this movie in the lore by saying Americans are stupid and thought the monster from this movie was Godzilla when it was another monster (I think they named it Zilla)

I honestly just wish the sequel to the Legendary remake just tells humans to go fuck themselves and has more of the monsters.

Because the movie is called Godzilla and it blatantly does not feature Godzilla. Other than that it's a reasonably enjoyable American kaiju film.

still better than everything kikewood ever crapped out though

That's some quality damage control right there.
Is there anything the Japanese can't do?

Fuck their women.

Their women deserve big American benis, so it works out.

Because weebs couldn't handle lizard godzilla. Instead they're praising the shitty new one with burn skin, derp eyes, and a penis for a tail.

Weeb plz

The music is the only reason I watch.

I liked the ones with gay aliens. This one was shit.

Which one?

Because

And because it really wasn't that good. It also wasn't the complete trainwreck people make it out to be though.

P. Diddy made gold by simply using a sample of some crappy Jefferson Starship song called Silk.

Actually, not true. Godzilla fans have been more turned off by the new look. Only a small hand full are praising it.

Even with the renaming to just Zilla, the sourness is still there. People now say that the 98 movie is actually good because most of their opinions are influenced by James fucking Rolfe from his Godzilla-thon where he didn't praise it as a good Godzilla movie, but as a good monster movie in general.

I legitimately love the design, at least more than showa era and legendary Godzilla. It grew on me.

It's a well designed beast, not a blatant dinosaur ripoff. The posture and small details are really unique. And those curves are actually nice.

Does it have to be a girl, though?

What are you, a faggot?

There's an HR Giger style sexualization in Godzilla's design. Of course it has to be a girl.

Well /monster/ says that they need a human face, for it to not be bestiality.

It's not just that, though. It's feminine, too. That just makes people feel weird, rather than scared, like they were of the xenomorph.

It isn't even a girl though. As the 98 movie explained, it is a "HE," but an unusual "HE." Meaning he is a shemale.

yeah, fuck that shitlord James Rolfe

The design is fine, yes, but everything else about it wasn't Godzilla.

It's asexual, actually.

Last I checked, worms aren't "shemale".

it was a okay little monster flick with a lot of charm, it just really shouldn't have been a Godzilla film. It's a shame it couldn't be its own thing.

At least we got the god tier first season of the cartoon thanks to the movie. Even japs liked that.

Shit design and lack of giant monsters battle aside I loved the rest of the movie. It was just as campy and cheesy as the Japanese ones.

didnt the cartoon end on a cliffhanger?

Worms are hermaphrodites.
checked

About time somebody checked it.

This is why nobody comes here. How are you gonna check such severely legendary digits, when you're too busy defending Godzilla '98 from criticism.

I actually enjoy it, even though the Godzilla design is shit (just the head, really) and they shouldn't have made him a girl.

It's a fun movie.

For no logical reason.

Deviantart plz go

gno

I don't think so, but the budget was significantly cut after the first season and it showed. It definitely didn't have an ending though.

It literally ends with a character practically turning to the camera and saying "We must get rid of all nuclear bombs." Not to mention the fucking retarded science in the film.

Well, zilla could be a trap

90's american action shlock with really average actors and plot
Doesn't address the core theme of godzilla; weapons being too dangerous to use and not understanding their impact, godzilla not being a monster but a victim
Also the weakest godzilla has ever been, doesn't have radiation breath powers, killed by mundane military weaponry, isn't really threatening at all and illogically hides in the sewers or subway or something?

That movie was one hour of boring shit to do with humans, then one hour of godzilla kicking ass. There was also a 'Japanese' American wielding a katana who had a huge Stalinstache. He was great.

Because a Japanese fisherman told them it was.

/monster/ here, you guys are faggots.

Godzilla is clearly the victim of nuclear mutation and it's own size though.

So, a bunch of tank penetrating hellfire missiles are not allowed to penetrate through animal skin? Are you like 10 years old?

It was cringeworthy though.

The Poseidon remake was pretty good.

It was okay I guess. But good remakes are few and far in-between.

Toho's Gojira franchise is the only good cinematic universe known to man. Prove me wrong protip you can't.

Godzilla's revenge, Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla, and Godzilla vs megaguirus exist

The Manchurian Candidate remake was actually good.

Neither are lizards and lizards aren't asexual either.

Its now considered "hip" to hate 300 because of

The comic was better anyway.

300 was only good for memes. The actual movie was pretty much schlock. Cheesy dialogue, over the top acting, dramatic narration, exaggerated monster-men on the side of Xerxes, the agonizing colour choice, the stupid b-plot of 'do we help or not?!'.

It's a fun stupid action movie the first time you watch it, but I'd be bored to watch it a second time. Though I agree, historical accuracy is a dumb reason to hate it.

Wait till he comes back with

Godzilla wasn't portrayed as a victim, it was a monster. The only time it seemed at all sympathetic was when it was finally shot down. Nobody expects an animal to withstand missiles designed to destroy tanks, but Godzilla is not meant to be an animal.

Well yeah, that's the point innit?

Why this one absorbed all the hate of American Kaiju films when JJ's Cloverfield was worse in every way still mystifies me.

I'm personally really partial to the Legendary Godzilla design. It pulls off a masculine and bulky look without looking too humanoid (not to mention that he doesn't have thunder thighs like most of the other Godzilla designs).

I expected a terrible movie but it was actually pretty fun and I enjoyed the duck jokes. Great production values too. I have no idea why people hated it.

Except for the Louis Cuck King approved script it was another stunning Ridley Scott film. Real shame that the script was so poor, could have become a classic otherwise.

Never seen so much shit taste in one thread.

Kill yourselves, all of you.

lol fatmerican porkzilla

I want Gojira to sit on my face.

Because hating Zack Snyder and everything he does is a meme so normies chew it over and over and over until its regurgitated remains create a confirmation bias about everything he's ever done. I'm not gonna go be like "all of his movies have been excellent" or anything, but you had to have noticed that there's something really off about the criticisms his work receives. I'm willing to discuss this civilly if anyone wants to because it's an interesting phenomenon, just please don't shitpost me into the floor for being perceived as a whiteknight for his work.

Because there was a ton of shit in it that was nonsensical dogshit for the sake of Ridley Scott having a boner for 'pacing' that didn't actually justify anything.

Embedded is a mini-documentary on the whole thing and why it went to shit. tl;dr, Scott mussing up shit because he's so high on success he can be schizophrenic with production and executive meddling. The original script and script writer basically got screwed over because he changed tracks of the movie at least twice mid-production and a bunch of elements in the movie were never meant to be in an Alien Prequel.

Disclaimer: I don't really like this chick's content or her in particular, but she's pretty on the mark with this vid because she mostly sticks to her research and what happened with the scripts.

IMHO, Scott gets away with a ton of shit through excellent technical skill, an eye for talent, and having his credentials be so well known that it's a meme that he makes good movies despite having massive missteps like Robin Hood or the fact that all of his work that's set in a historical or contemporary setting (Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Body of Lies, etc.) are really, really factually inaccurate. His shit's well-made and entertaining, but I make no bones about the bullshit he lets slide. To me, he's a rich man's Oliver Stone in a way.

This design I am okay with, but god damn I wish there was more of him in this movie.

How are you fucking japs so cucked?

Fuck off furfag.

Fuck off jap.

I sincerely believe that Sucker Punch got the weirdest criticism when it was released, for a problem that the movie itself addresses. The "problematic sexism that is pervasive" was lampshaded in the movie by the dream within a dream nature of the main character. I thought Sucker Punch sucked not because of sexism, but because of the overly long action scenes and the bad acting. The visuals were ok and the premise wasnt as sexist as the critics made it out to be.

300 to me is a good movie. Its fun, quotable, has a unique visual style, and was a cultural hit. Is it Casablanca or The Godfather? No, but almost no movies are. People criticize 300 based on some strawman of people thinking its the greatest movie ever made. It isn't, its just a good movie. And its not schlock either, its unironically entertaining.

The Watchmen was a great movie. Ive never heard any convincing arguments why it was shit. Rorschack(spelling?) gets quoted all of the time, and I thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the Comedian was great. Its the best of "Hack Snyder".

Dawn of the Dead was an action movie with bad acting and an old premise, but it was released before Zombies became the worst thing about popular culture.

My rankings for those 4 movies would go

Watchmen > 300 > Dawn of the Dead > Sucker Punch

Everything after that, like the Batman vs Superman movie, I havent seen(but ive heard its trash)

I mostly agree with you.
I really liked the movie, but I agree that it had that strange affect where the leads have hackneyed acting while all the supporting roles are excellently acted. The problematic sexism argument was really the only one that was actually commonly bandied about. Amongst my own peer group, they all disliked it because it was 'depressing' or something. Other then that, I never heard any real criticisms of it. There actually weren't many people bitching about the action scenes' length and the acting when it came out.

A lot of people think it's cool to hate on it now because it was such a smash hit when it came out, so I wanna chalk it up to hipsterism being a mental disease. Furthermore, modern leftists were being apologists for an openly propagandized portrayal of the Persian Empire, not in a historical fiction piece, but a comicbook adaptation. Pseudo-intellectuals, pseudo-intellectuals everywhere.

The only real argument I've ever heard that was in good faith was 'Muh Squid' and most of the time it's quoted, it's by the comic's fans that are usually smart enough to realize the squid was untenable in a movie title.

I concur.

I really liked it, but I'm aware of its faults. The issue I have never get really discussed though because everyone is too busy shit-talking about how it's not the 1970's version of Superman. He's not even the New 52 dickhead Superman, just not an absolute boyscout 24/7 so everyone shits the bed and tries to pretend they know what Superman is and what he's about. Embed related, it pertains the majority of the criticisms and mostly sums up why I think they're illegitimate.

There's a really good Batman movie in it, that's all I can really say. I didn't even like the version of Batman they went with, but whatever. It was a really good-looking movie, like the rest of his stuff, but executives forced him to put fucking everything in the movie at once and Zack himself has too much of a fan boner for Frank Miller.

There are no arguments why Watchmen is shit because they are the same arguments against all capeshit.

Assuming we agree on capeshit being shit, why is it that normie critics love Avengers, and Civil War, and whatnot but think Watchmen is hot ass?

Watchman is darker and more nihilistic than Avengers cartoon atmosphere, which turns normalfag audiences off
As for being a poor adaptoin, it literally copies the comic panel for panel for shots, which doesn't work for a film.