I miss George Lucas

I miss George Lucas.
He was really unique, yet contemporary. He wanted his films to be high art, yet not a tryhard. He was a genius, yet tried not to confuse his audience. He wanted the simplest visuals, yet strove for technical perfection. His worldview that I learned from Sculpting in Time and The Interview is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever read in my life.
Is there any modern director that is anything like him?

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Star-Wars-Clone-Wars
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Season-01
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars/Movie?id=36699
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

George only got better as he went along. I wish he was directing the sequel trilogy.

I'd really like to see what he could put together with the tech of today. He always pushed the limits of what you could show so it could have been spectacular.

I watched Labyrinth at my local historic theatre this weekend.

Why don't more people talk about his work in that? It was pretty good.

Yeah I think people give Lucas a bad rap, I think the episode 1 wasn't that bad.

The guy is a top bloke and I wish him the best in his future endeavours.

I think most people dismiss it because of David Bowie.

I admit his more recent films weren't as good as the OT, but despite all the hate they weren't bad films (except maybe episode I) and were actually good, and unlike the new ST or SW, they actually felt genuine in terms of how they were made. Nowadays all movies seem to use this same repetitive formula designed to appease the masses in a way they know will get them the most bucks. George also tended to listen to the most vocal fans (even if it was over some silly shit like wanting their twilek jedi waifu in the films) unlike Abrams who only pays attention to politically driven fan pandering by sjws.

I honestly think it was a great movie and very imaginative. Although I personally thought Dark Crystal was better.

Also despite that I dismiss Episode 1 a bit, I don't think it was that bad, but some things, mostly the directing, acting, choreography and one or two scenes could've been done way better.

I thought the directing and choreography was fine, it suffered the most from having a goofy fully CGI character and a kid actor. The script could also have seen a couple of revisions but all in all it's probably my favorite film of the prequels. AotC had amazing visuals but the romance part didnt' really work. RotS was very enjoyable but I felt the action sequences were too much.

I honestly don't think there was anything wrong with Phantom Menace, aside from Qui Gon should have just been Obi Wan and Anakin should have been older.

Attack of the Clones however is pretty bad. The romance is cringe x 1000, and Obi Wan and Anakin hate each other so it undercuts the friendship claim.

And Jim Henson

I don't disagree with you. You are more than right, but the choreography during the climactic lightsaber fight could've used improvement.

This without a doubt. The only thing enjoyable about Clone Wars were the fight scenes and Jango who got taken out like a bitch. The only plot detail that bugs me is the "clone soldiers".

I would have taken Detours, 1313, and more Clone Wars over TFA, but a not prequel-style ST

why are you worshipping a no-talent hack

It was so bad that I liked it, when Padme started dressing up in borderline fetish gear and tried to blueball Anakin I completely lost my shit.

He was good at world building and didn't need to constantly remind people that the original movies were a thing unlike JewJew. The prequels at least caused the EU boom (most of the good stuff was contained in video games from that era but still) and he respected what other people brought to the table as long as it didn't try to change his films.

If he didn't have a circlejerk that wouldn't challenge him on stupid decisions, the prequels would have been alot better. The potential was there. Also, he started to hate the fanbase who worship Star Wars because of their incessant bitching and moaning about how he's "raped their childhood." Prequels weren't good but people take that shit too seriously even a decade later, let them be forgotten.

So true. Ignoring all the inbetween shit the overarching narrative was pretty great. Sheev actually lives up to his reputation as a devious villain.

Where it did fuck up was with Darth Vader. They turned him into a whiny bitch when there was no need to do it. For that matter, he really should have been older in Episode I.

Oh, and the way they fight in the PT really illustrates how retarded SW is in terms of warfare. Trying to ape WW2 (and WW1 even) tactics too much breaks immersion, especially when there is no reason for them to.

Still, I like the PT because it manages to introduce lots of cool new concepts (unlike TFA) and gives each location a unique visual style (unlike TFA). There's "meat" to everything that happens, unlike with TFA where I felt everything was devoid of any substance.

It's funny how the prequels really expanded the scope of the universe and tried to connect a much bigger plot to the very personal OT story and make them riff of each other, only to have JJ shit all over that and reduce the scope until the universe got smaller than in the OT and just remake the first film.

Yeah, the TFA universe really feels smaller. You don't get to hear about anything else happening besides what the main characters experience themselves, no Obi-Wan talking about the Clone Wars like we had in OT, no masterful conveying of a planet's culture, people and customs through visuals, no wider supporting cast or grand, sweeping events.

Hell, in all of the movie you see one, fucking one, Star Destroyer, the battle for the Star Killer consists of a measly 20 TIE fighters and X-Wings taking pot shots at each other, compared to the fleet actions in the OT and PT. Even the fights look boring as shit, nothing like the visceral feel you get when the Clone Troopers get out from their dropships, gun blazing.

Hell, just compare Jakku, or whatever the fuck it's called, and Tatooine. How Lucas shapes the planet and the atmosphere in OT and expands upon in the the prequels, and then what the kike does with Jakku, that might as well be Tatooine-Lite.

Fuck Jews.

It got ridiculous when it seemed like they all were in one single solar system since they all could see the Starkiller laser beam. It would be like if Luke could see Alderaan blow up from Tatooine. You got like a three second shot of the guys you were supposed to care about getting killed but you never even saw them before that happened. What was the point of that?

And Jakku was a real disappointment, especially after the trailer bait shots of huge wrecks in the sand.

notice the lack of obnoxious grey color filters and pointless flairs for every single source of light?

And I think that's why that movie was good besides Lucas. I think is impossible to make a movie like that in the future, because of CGI and politically correct concerns.

JJ pls go

It's funny how they had they played up the Starkiller as bigger and meaner than the Death Star, yet they destroyed it just as quickly just to ape ANH's climax
Wasn't that the city planet from the PT?

Didn't he try being diplomatic about ignoring stuff like meichlorines or whatever?

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

This right here to be honest was my main issue alongside too young Anakin. Everything else about the movie was actually pretty good.

Things didn't have to turn out this way. If he'd been more receptive to criticism after The Phantom Menace, he could've fixed things. He didn't heed the warnings. He just continued to operate blindly until he had no choice but to sell.

Oh please. That was literally nothing and just a quick way to pander to pleb fans who pretend they care about the lore. Besides, aside from the prequels almost no SW media brought up the little buggers anymore.

If only we could've stopped this.

Jar Jar is the reason Sheev got voted into power.

No. They retconned it into being a completely different planet that looks just like Coruscant because "reasons". Same reason Tatooine is called Jakku and Yavin is called Fourth Moon of Bullshit.

Pretty much this. And the fact that the entire "galaxy" could see that beam like a jet plane flying overhead was… ah fuck it. That pile of shit doesn't even deserve to be talked about.

They even made the galaxy feel like a real galaxy filled with all sorts of wild fauna and aliens. Even in the old films the lack of a non-human presence was mostly due to the lack of good effects and expensive costumes with things like staff comments and comics explaining that the Empire had a strict Anti-Xeno policy which made them way more intriguing as an antagonistic force.

Actually in the many novel adaptations of the prequels, they always show Jar Jar as some sort of implied idiot-savant who secretly wants to study surface dweller behavior since Gungans and the Naboo humans have always been at odds.

What's next, are they going to say Ewan McGregor didn't make a voice cameo after all?

That's not how you spell "good guys".

He didn't even get in the credits and the voice in the film sounds nothing like him so the Disney shits could do it if they wanted to.

trips mothafuckin confirm

oh thank fuck, you guys are the only other people i've ever seen bring that shit up

like jesus fucking christ, you can't keep up with your own map of the goddamned galaxy? mars is a fucking bright light in the sky on a good day, yet the hosnian system can be seen from takodana as if it were moons orbiting the planet.

midichlorians weren't even a bad thing, it was simply a physical representation of the force for the jedi to study and understand. the force was still that big mystical energy binding the universe together. midichlorian count had essentially no purpose, since anyone could train to become a jedi. think of it like power levels in dragonball z, if you're born with a higher power level, you'll be stronger naturally.

it was confirmed in interviews that he did the voice, so they can't backpedal on it

Antagonistic doesn't always mean evil. Just in opposition to the protagonists/main characters. The comics, games and novels were also good because they would portray both the good and the bad of both the Empire and the Sith with realistic moral grays rather than black and white drama Abrams and Disney reinforced.

I used to hate the midis but the comics and games and even the Clone Wars cartoon rewrote them to seem like a genuinely more meaningful and relevant element that helped to keep everyone and their mother from becoming a jedi/sith.

The Disney overlords can pretty much do whatever they want these days. I sometimes wonder if Wall-E was trying to warns us of what Disney was becoming.

There's a few comics that did that, and TIE Fighter, if you stretch the definition of morally gray, but I can't really recall any books that showed the Empire in a positive light.

The most they did is prove, after the fact, that Sheev was right all along.

It just shows that force users are jews and Kreia did nothing wrong.

The novels pretty much showed that the Rebel Alliance was a mistake and that if those idiots hadn't been in such a rush to annihilate all traces of the empire maybe they would've stood a chance against the Vong.

death star? i don't remember the empire being painted too negatively in that novel, not even really in a gray area.

That's what I'm talking about. The Vong proved Sheev right, and IIRC, near the end of the timeline the galaxy is so fucked up and chaotic that civilization breaks down, with only a few core world retaining the knowledge to build FTL drives.

The Thrawn trilogy pretty much shows Vader, and by extension the Emperor, as villains that poisoned the world of them assassin furries on purpose to then "save" them and gain their loyalty.

Thrawn is shown as an honorable man, but even then the Emperor is painted as a bigot that only put him in charge after Thrawn showed how godlike he was at his job.

Exactly. If the Empire had gone undisturbed the end result would've been worth the decades of tyranny.

Fuck it hurts… I can't believe he was replaced by a teenaged black girl who Vader thinks of as a daughter for some reason. I can't believe Aftermath is supposed to serve as a replacement for the novels. WTF were they thinking?

What did he mean by this?

Lower district fags shit on the streets?

I know most of you didn't grow up with Star Wars but you don't need to be nostalgic over a guy who literally thought about naming villains "Darth Icky" and "Darth Insanius"

It really makes you think

All the sewage of a city covering the whole fucking planet has to go somewhere.

That's a pretty stupid reason to not take part in the thread. He was still surrounded by capable editors who prevented him from doing anything too stupid. A good editor always helps to bring out the best in even the worst sorts.

They didn't try hard enough

If he had a capable staff that wasn't just yes-men the second time around the prequels would've actually been good.
Instead we get Jar Jar and dead eyed actors in sterile CGI.

Damn, that movie was beautiful.

At least they stopped him from fucking up Clone Wars too bad. Only thing he got away with was changing Korriban's name and Darth Bane's design (which was a pretty shitty thing to do tbh). But at least with Lucas you could reference that shit. Disney doesn't even allow Rebels to do any of that shit or even use curse words which Clone Wars was allowed to do in most episodes even when Lucas was more active.

Get stuffed, you fucking pleb. This one scene had more tension than everyone of JJ Abram's shitshows combined.

Hell Disney doesn't let Rebels do anything at all to the point where they have to recycle plot elements from Clone Wars and do shit like webm-related.

Almost all the scenes that didn't involve Anakin and Padme were actually pretty awesome tbh. The Tusken Raider massacre could've been much better though.

No fucking way thats real

Did you see The Cuck Awakens? It's the same level of quality.

Ya, but helicopter lightsabers? I don't fuckin believe it.

The disney shit is terrible too.

If Lucas' staff had done better to stop the pieces of the autistic train wreck that are strewn throughout the prequels it'd have been a classic. Don't pretend that they don't suffer from basic directing faults, as a result of both abuse of CGI and lucas sitting on his ass and not telling them where they should be.

It's from a children's cartoon

As if that's an excuse

Clone Wars was aimed at a wide audience with many episodes featuring murder, violence and even sex between Jar Jar and an alien princess. I am not joking with that last one. Also that's like saying kids don't deserve good shit. Might as well just make them watch a smiling turd dance for 30 minutes.

The Prequels were great films, you can't understand this because you're a weak-willed cuck. You heard critics say they were bad, so you agreed. You will be misled over and over again throughout your life, and you will never learn.

There's just some ways you don't fuck up physics.

Cartoon Network was a lot more hands-off than Disney, mostly because they didn't own Star Wars

Everyone acknowledges that he was a bad director, but if he wasn't surrounded by yes-men he could've done better. Look at Hayden Christensen, he was terrible in the prequels but in his other and later works he's actually a good actor and it becomes clear that Lucas' crappy directing was holding him back. TFA however had not as many yes men around it but it still turned out the way it did despite all the money they threw at it. Because of it Abrams now has his own squad of Yes Men who will ensure that everyone of his crappy ideas will be treated like a Spielberg masterpiece.

CN pretty much murdered any good cartoon they had and chased away all the talent, which is why abominations such as Steven Universe are allowed to exist.

And it paid off. With Rebels the main protagonist used a laser slingshot for the first season as a weapon and somehow even took out dangerous foes. Now he's wielding a lightsaber that shoots tiny stun blasts instead of lasers. Hell he's never even cut anyone with the saber while Asohka was killing shits left and right halfway in.

Older cartoons on CN allowed mature humor, occasionally curse words, sexual humor and all sorts of crap, especially on Cow and Chicken, yet these modern shits call the new cartoons "progressive" and "unrestrained" for implied space rock asexual creatures or some shit who never do anything remotely violent or mature other than cry about moronic relationship drama.

It's hard to not be surrounded by Yes Men when you own the company, the franchise, have basically no-one above you and have a history of just firing people when they disagree with you. Remember in the behind the scenes footage to Episode 1 George even says he let go an editor when he wouldn't cut the film "his way".

Separating the film from George's ego isn't possible. The prequel trilogy was born out of a desire of his to feel like he was still a hotshot film director when in reality he was always a better film producer.

I still remember the episode where they have to "pacify" Geonosis a second time, and them stormtroopers going all 40k on the xenos, flamethrowers and all.

That show had a fucking massive body count.

Those were the days. Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, I am Weasel, all good shit.

Then you had Adult Swim, all the DCAU, Symbionic Titan.

Now they somehow managed to fuck up Dexter's Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls and are still shitting out Johnny Test episode.

Fucking Jews.

I thought they only rebooted PPG and Teen Titans into shit. Dexter's Lab hasn't been touched as far as I know.

Symbionic Titan had plenty of violence and sexual tension in the story yet it was cancelled for not selling enough toys. What a crock.

And all the awesome clone murders filled with brain parasites. Even Ahsoka (the show's kid friendly hero) was allowed to go full swing and butcher her comrades.

You haven't seen the new episodes, have you? You lucky soul.

Oh, man.

One of the most violent cartoons aimed at a general audience the West has produced.

To see it being replaced with the shitshow Rebels just adds salt to the wound.

It's amazing how much pass feminism gets you

Later seasons got even better with Ahsoka grown up effectively allowing them to remove all the kid friendly aspects of the show. Only thing I hated was Darth Maul being brought back. If not for that the final seasons would've been perfection.

As for the Dexter's Lab, I don't watch CN anymore but I know full well about PPG and TT and they're both garbage. But I've seen no mention of them butchering Dexter's Lab, yet.

They literally just gave it to her on a silver platter for it. For fuck's sake.

I couldn't last one episode of the new Dexter, it was that fucking awful. Even the art is shit.

Yet I just found out she's in the Lego TFA video game too

The kids of today are going to be so cucked.

Just watched it because of your post. Some really good puppetry and practical effects in this film of the kind you don't see anymore.

Why? She is literally nobody and only gained the position fairly recently. This is fucking bullshit.

You did good friend.

Here is your (you)

His eyes lack the red though.

:^}

What is your point? Looney Tunes is supposed to be ridiculous. This is a cartoon about war time and political strife. But please continue posting emojis while acting like a nigger.

She put Star Wars "back on the map" (with Disney backing), and got a producer credit on hundreds of Spielberg and Hollywood movies

Only reason Star Wars is "back on the map" was because Abrams' name was tied to the film along with it obviously being Star Wars. Doesn't matter who produced the film. She wasn't even a mainstream subject till recently. If anything Star Wars put her on the map.

i was blatantly baiting user. You need to stop posting, go out and calm your autism

That actually sounds fucking good. Where I can see the cartoons and the cgi one?

There is a specific order or can go full in?

George should have just remained a producer. Being a Writer/Director at the same time was clearly too much for him, having him remain as the producer who also chimed in with ideas would have meant the Prequels wouldn't have sucked so much.

Kisscartoon has all the episodes of both Clone Wars cartoons. I could probably link you to the torrents if you want those.
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Star-Wars-Clone-Wars
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Season-01

As for the order, the first 2D clone wars cartoon has to be watched in a certain order. With the cgi one it depends. Some episodes are part of a small arc but some are standalone, with others taking place in different times during their lives. Seasons 1, 2 and maybe 3 are pretty shitty when it's about Anakin and Ahsoka, but the clone episodes are the most violent and mature episodes in the series.

Yet she's been talked about as CEO of Disney more than folks like Feige and Lasseter

So not release? Shit

Thanks to Star Wars. Before then she wasn't relevant to the masses at all.

And I've just saw there is a move for cgi….it will have to be seen at the end of s4?

Not like it matters. Each episode from the first CW cartoon is only 5 minutes long so you can get through it pretty fast.

You talking about this?

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars/Movie?id=36699

Yeah

The movie is pretty shit compared to the show so watch at your own risk.

>George once trolled some video game developers so he is bad
Sure, buddy.

You know, you're right. Seeing Kotor fans pissed was actually pretty great. Sure George had many flaws but… back then, when he did stuff, whether bad or good, it always made me happy. Even when the stuff was stupid that I got angry, but it wasn't genuine anger. More like humorous frustration. The kind you get when a friend pukes on your floor. It always made me feel… warm. Its hard to explain but that's kind of how it was.

But IJ4, guys!

That's a man, right? I mean, biologically, it has a y chromosome, doesn't it?

It would be funny if any of those leaked at this point

That bigfoot is definitely more man than woman if that's what your asking.

I doubt it. But it would be great if they had been. What a fucking waste and even the old cancelled Battlefront looked better than the TFA shit we got.

Holla Forums IS THIS RETARDED

It might be time to take a break from Holla Forums. Look at what you just said.

Too bad he doesn't want anyone to see his personal indie films

The romance was shit, but the action was golden even if they did overuse green screen.

Shit looks like a ps2 game.

There was absolutely no good reason whatsoever to make Jakku a planet. The entire movie would have been immediately improved if JJ had just made it Tattooine. It would have at least made the audience a little more involved in whatever was happening.

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you saying that AotC didn't have some stunning shots? In that case you are retarded, dismissing the visual quality of a film because of plot is dumb. Take The Cell for example, magnificently shot but it had a retarded plot. You can still enjoy the visuals.

Just wait till the later seasons. Everyone knows the first 2 seasons look like crap. Unless you mean the designs which are actually based on the first 2D cartoon by Genndy.

I heard Jakku was supposed to be a junk region of Tatooine. Either way, even that wouldn't have improved TFA much.

Its strange how the effects in Episode I and II have aged better than III.

Well of course it looks like shit.

Nice bait friend.

Pick one.

>>>Holla Forums

Also

The entire thing looks like shit and isn't remotely interestingly written.

At least bother to study the subject your mocking before making such cheap bait. If anything Dodgers was 0% affected by hollyjew and it never even used flash you silly cunt.

>>>Holla Forums
Fuck off and stop derailing a George Lucas kino thread.

Stop acting like a rabid little twink already.

That was a short sequence near the end and I don't agree that it looked that bad. 90% of the film was pure kinography.

Remember, he made Red Tails, as movie that could have been good without him re-writing history and making it into basically a cartoon. Even racists were offended at that movie.

I cant tell if people here are shitposting or actually liked the prequels.

Or they just hate everything post 2012

The Prequels are the best Star Wars movies ever made, and they'll stay that way thanks to Disney.

Because they're not going to be exploited like the OT, like it was before?

You TFA fags could at least try to have some self-awareness. Anons in this thread are just the prequels were good or okay. Not great, or at least better than TFA. Just like with TFA, the prequels were beloved by the masses and they wouldn't shut up about it until 2008 when hating them became a meme.

I honestly never saw that coming.

Summerfags need to leave. Full Holla Forums has always loved the prequels, they're quality flicks.

Anons your letting your hatred of Disney cloud your judgement. Search your feeling you know the truth is the prequels fucking sucked. Don't become hipster contrarian faggots that like shitty movies to be different.

Think that was always a meme

GET THE FUCKOUT, YOU GODDAMN SUMMERFAG!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Episode II was shitty only when it involved Padme and Anakin. Episode III was shitty because of Anakin's acting and the romance shit again. Episode I was shitty because of Anakin and Jar Jar. But I don't blame the actors. It's just that Lucas is a lousy director who makes his cast act stupid.

At leas try not to seem obvious. There have always been threads where shits try to discuss the good and bad of the prequels. Only difference now is that TFA fags like to make a big deal out of it by bringing up the hate around TFA which was just an okay or mediocre film with pretty effects but ugly costume designs.

Your post was gay, and you should feel gay

Kill yourself, you fucking cuck.

quads confirm, all disney star wars is trash (as any real fan knew the day it was announced)

I said okay or mediocre. By today's standards okay is basically Rocky 5-tier.

Rocky 5 is an infinitely more enjoyable movie.

What a fucking time to be alive

Holla Forums is not one person, user. Personally I've always admired the prequels, both from a professional standpoint and as a fan. I'm sure there are some RLM drones who actually watched the films instead of just the cringy Plinkett "reviews" that have changed their minds but I also think that even to the most casual viewer TFA is a huge step down both from the OT and the prequels.

I also don't think you could call it reverence, it just seems like appreciation of the good qualities they had.

Whatever your opinion of the prequels, this much is true; Lucas actually tried to do something new and different. Sure, he did the expected nostalgia baiting by having Clones waved in front of us, Obi-Wan running around with the future Darth Vader. It had to happen obviously, they're the prequels.

However, Ep VII and onwards, the slate is clean. They could tell any story they want, visit any planet, do something new with the Star Wars name. What do they do? Remake A New Hope with a Mary Sue as our protagonist so she is the most capable, badass, intelligent, strong, funny person in the whole galaxy.

Its incredibly lazy and uninspired. I would not be surprised in the slightest if Ep VIII is just Empire Strikes Back remade with the current characters.

All these faggots with no memory of the golden age of 80s and 90s when Star Wars was pure.

No prequels, no reboots, and the vidya were mostly good as well. Looking back, The Phantom Menace didn't just ruin Star Wars but even signaled the end of good Hollywood cinema.

Just admit it user, we were all heartbroken after TPM and wouldn't admit it. If all you have in his defense, is that "he tried", maybe you don't really respect neither the man or the work.

Let it go, we're better off with 3 good movies than unlimited works ranging from average to abysmal.

I hold no ironic opinion that the prequels are good, just that Lucas at least did something different. This new Star Wars franchise they are going to milk dry is doing nothing new. Even the damn spin-off coming out this year has to be about the OT and Vader.

The prequels immortalised Star Wars. If not for them it would just be this old curiosity like Flash Gordon, but instead they turned them into a part of a greater whole and thus elevated them. The Star Wars saga is like a Greek play with an intricate web of visual poetry. The prequels are kino of the highest order.

Not many people understand the autistic genius of Lucas though. He may even have gone too far in a few places. Like when he wanted the dialogue to be more of a soundtrack to his visual motifs instead of centering the film on the spoken drama like any conventional director would.

What are you talking about? "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere" is shakespearean.

This.
You might argue that they were goos movies, but bad SW movies.
Yet at the same time the feminist awakens was a bad movie all by itself.
Tying SW to it just made it much, much worse.

Low quality b8 there weeb.

80s games were shit m8, take off your rose tinted glasses.

Lucas reminds me of a typical sci-fi nerd in that he loves needless details and world-building but is terrible at actual storytelling. He needs someone else to write the story that takes place in his setting

Good world building is what really sells a scifi movie, at least for the scifi enthusiasts of old. TFA had no real world building with just random settings thrown in based on nostalgic locations of older films and no real meaning behind these new places, the new order or even the protagonists and their affiliates. It was all just mishmashed together into an easy formula normalfags who pretend to be "lol so nerdy" could follow.

I have to say when I watched the prequels I really didn't care about any of the characters, I was more concerned with each of the battles and alliances going on between the CIS and the republic. I would rather have had a trilogy focused solely on the clone wars with the jedi/sith conflict being mostly off-screen, with jedi occaisonally showing up and destroying everything in their path. then, the climax of the third movie would be the newly imperial army throwing entire battalians at the 'evil' jedi to destroy them.

This to be honest. Normalfags complained that what they hated about the prequels was the war drama and politics, but if anything that shit really fleshed things out, and some of the best episodes in Clone Wars involved the corruption, murder and lies within the senate. The comics even showed that the CIS actually had a noble cause and portrayed Dooku as someone who was well aware of the Senate's corruption and the Jedi's slow decay into a political powerhouse rather than a noble organization of defenders and righteousness. That was until Clone Wars started bringing back that black and white shit when Maul came back and made Dooku a generic one dimensional villain.

A grand setting perfect for young authors, media makers and tabletop fags to revel in. A shame the new material is pretty much fucking it in the ass. Looking at you Chuck Wendig.

Exactly, this user gets it.

The new EU is shit, since TFA didn't bother to do any world building at all it sucks as a setting. Say what you want about the prequels but they really enriched the EU, there are so many stories you could tell in that setting. It's so rich in imagery and places.

if I had to chose between a movie with bad writing and good worldbuilding versus a movie with good writing and no worldbuilding I would chose the former. yes, I understand that good writing implies world building, or at the very least some form of contemporary verisimilitude, but it doesn't seem that filmmakers are on the same page.

It's a shame TFA didn't have either.

Here's Holla Forums greatest minds at work, lads.

This tbh. The new material isn't even trying to expand on the lore or even build a new world. Each new shit pretty much runs on its own canon that tries to follow the movies while being as PC and "memeable" as possible. For fuck's sake, the new shit has been using the Ackbar trap meme and turning Solo into a fake tough guy who's compensating for something.

Thank you for the witty rebuttal. You sure disproved him.

hey, look it's an ot purist

everyone look at him and laugh

The only good OT movie was the first one. Empire and ROTJ lacked Lucas's expertise.

fukken quads get

tbh, i wonder how they would have gone down if he had directed them

Damn you quads. Empire was the best SW film anyway along with Revenge. Best books were those by Timothy Zahn and James Luceno.

Anyone have a pic of that ugly laughing alien from the "new cantina scene" that looked like a reddit reaction image?

ROTJ was 50% crap. The first half on Tatooine was great stuff. Everything else is only okay because of the effects.

THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH ROTJ

lol ewoks suck

Half of it was wrong. The other half was right.

I think we all know what was REALLY missing…

yeah, the silent opening is annoying.

JJ really don't understand scale, does he?

And you're the reason for mary-sue wars, who didn't even have the decency to finish of Lucas' stories before injecting their own load of pozz into it.

I'll agree with you about Episode I, since a good portion of the effects were practical and not done completely behind a green screen.

As for II, it's effects are almost practically the same as III.

They all still hold up very well I think.

Did JJ even use any miniatures?

Sorry for the spam but I want the "It's all greenscreen and CG" myth to die.

And done.

Go to bed George, you're drunk

Drunk on success. The Disney deal worked better than I could ever imagine.

WE'RE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING

This. A brave few who weren't afraid to stand up against nostalgia-goggles wearing gen-X fatasses have been defending the prequels for years on the various Holla Forumss

Now that it's finally ok to say so everyone is coming late to the party as critics move on to attacking sequels instead

It's not entirely a myth, since the actors' actions would be purely in front of a green screen and overlayed on the models.

Wasn't he assblasted later on and compared it to selling his own children?

He was very disappointed that JJ just remade his original film and that they didn't use his ideas. He was also pretty emotional when he had to abandon SW as he always had been very connected to it and had to leave his baby in the hands of kike pimps. He also said he considered it sort of a breakup with SW and Disney when they gave him the finger so he just dropped it and moved on.

I guess that is what we should do too but it's going to be pretty hard to avoid hearing about the continued pozzing of SW.

That's a gorgeous shot.

Yeah but there was a lot of scenes shot on location too and real sets.

I wonder if he chose Kathy as his heir apparent because he trusted her to side more with him than Disney.

I personally didn't like Revenge, but I loved the shots.

The Force Awakens is for normalfag scum, the "It's just a movie, guyz! lol, don't think about it" crowd

GEORGE LUCAS IS GOD

What a fucking poor excuse for a shit.

Go back to the Jar Jar thread and complain about how no one hates the prequels as much as you.

I still find it odd that Episode 1 felt more real than 2 and 3 which just felt like they were recorded entirely in a green room.

Fat fuck shouldn't have sold it then. Honestly, I lost all respect for him when he did.

SHEEV?

I honestly thought Felucia was completely cgi.

I'm pretty sure the consensus is:

ESB
ANH/ROTJ (?)
ROTJ/ROTS (?)
TPM
AOTC
A pile of shit.
TFA

He got old and tired of fans hating his guts

Maybe it was because of the switch to digital cameras? TPM had only minor shots in digital.

Put ROTS below TPM, and it would be 100% accurate

ESB is too high, TPM is too low. But I really couldn't place them in an order of quality because I like very different things about each film and that's not really quantifiable.

Ranking movies and assigning them numerical scores is asinine. They are subjective.

The prequels are good space-opera. People pretend the original trilogy is some master-piece of Kino. Come on, it's just entertaining movies.

Just like the prequels.

The prequels are masterworks tier of kino though.

There are objective and subjective qualities to films but the problem I think is that you can't turn that into numbers. Criticism is informed opinions not mathematics.

Well that explains a lot tbh. They would've been better off not going digital.

I'm 31 and I saw the Sequel Trilogy all in theaters when originally released.

Watching them now is an incredibly nostalgic experience.

I know I won't feel the same about TFA as time passes. Even if I were in my late teens when I saw TFA, I don't think I would feel nostalgic about it 10 years later.

SW, TESB, and RotJ?

You mean the Original Trilogy?

i presume you mean the original trilogy, and you would have to be at least 44 to have seen them all in theaters when originally released, you lying cuck.

unless you mean the prequels, which is stupid because you're using the wrong word you illiterate fuckface.

Probably but Lucas was all about pioneering technology and being on the frontier. These days pretty much everything is digital. I have to agree though, always preferred film myself.

No need to get so mad, user, you should watch that blood pressure of yours.

Newfag. The mod of /r9k/ is in his 60s and don't get me started on 4chan /a/'s userbase.

tbh

JJ Abrams

The mod of /r9k/ should kill himself and stop being a drain on society.

Pantsu is in his sixties?

japan was a mistake

The prequels were bad because they were fucking bad, not because anyone said so or said otherwise.

Pleb.