Avatar 2 gets new release date of December 2018

gamenguide.com/articles/32566/20160711/avatar-2-release-date-news-update-premiere-date-pushed-back-due-to-same-opening-date-with-star-wars-new-plot-details-revealed.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_holocaust
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how the fuck did it take almost ten years to make this?

if it had come out two years after the first one it would have been huge. is anyone gonna care anymore now?

Cameron's getting old.

No. The big thing about Avatar was the 3D effects. 3D's been shoved down our collective throats now, and most people don't go to see the 3D showings any more, so really nobody cares about this movie. It'll probably do as well as Through the Looking Glass.

Cameron makes crap, but he makes it well. Despite it not pandering to your political ideals, it's genuinely quite watchable movie.

if this one isn't HFY I will be very befuddled

So, reading his George Lucas related interviews, James Cuckmeron actually legitimately believes that his forgettable flick is the next Star Wars?

Well, Abatap 1 is better than the SW reboot.

also
>>>Holla Forums

Cameron's not what he used to be.

Bottom line, he waited too long to make this movie. If he'd made it in 2012 there'd be some hype for it. But now the public have had time to forget Avatar, which was not his best work anyway. If this movie makes a billion I will be surprised.

Don't underestimate it. Star Wars got big despite coming out 35 years since the last good-ish movie in the setting.

Avatar is not Star Wars. Not even close

If garbage like Star Wars can become so big then anything is possible.

I don't know, he's still focused on the technical aspect of movie making.

The thing is, Avatar is more forgettable than even Attack of the Clones. Lucas, although sometimes silly, always had a unique vision for his films. Shit, JarJar will be remembered for all eternity for all the right and wrong reasons. Cameron is just a boring senile old guy.

Now you are just full of shit. George makes ugly, unrelateable cartoons that don't make sense. Cameron makes predictable action with good pacing and good aesthetics. So maybe he's boring, but he's more boring compared to Lucas in a same way as the guy who sells you a good product is compared to the hobo who slaps shit in your windshield while waiting for lights to change.

Thing is that garbage Star Wars became big because there was nothing like it ever attempted before. The 70s had two other big, blockbuster films. The Godfather and Jaws, and Star Wars dwarfed both of them because it was all-ages, it was sci-fi and it had big budget special effects the likes of which had never been seen before or had only been seen much more limited, smaller scale.

Whereas with Avatar, yeah the 3D effects were impressive, but all they really amount to is having a bunch of spears leap out at your face. Take away the 3D effects, the movie's a dull, boring retread of a story type we've seen a million times before. The novelty's not there.

BIG

BLUE

COCKS

I'm not sure if TFA or Abatap is more forgettable. I only remember the knife wielding mech and braid sex from blue pocahontas but it was quite some time since I watched it. TFA is obviously fresher in memory buy I don't remember much about it either.

The main thing that surprised me about Avatar was how little staying power it had after a few years even after becoming the highest grossing movie of all time. Has it had any cultural impact after the first few years?

It made 3D a thing again. That's pretty much all it did.

Aside from every studio wanting to do shit, post-converted 3D effects for their films because they could charge higher ticket prices for it, no. Avatar had no cultural impact whatsoever.

George Lucas (The Phantom Menace): "We're never gonna beat Titanic, nobody can"
James Cameron (Avatar 2): "We're never gonna beat Star Wars, nobody can"

So what, he makes a fucking space opera about english speaking humans and aliens with nuclear fusion technology and plasma weaponry. Nothing makes sense.

Attending Louis CK's standup comedy might be comfy and prestigious, but I'd rather watch a funny hobo slapping shit on the streets and spewing creative bullshits than listening to Louis' cuck jokes all night. Flicks aren't supposed to be boring, they're pure entertainment.

Both are forgettable trash tbh.

Well I saw a Cirque du Soleil inspired by Avatar commercial called Toruk. Apparently been on for a while but this is the first commercial I've seen of it on TV. Didn't think there was enough material or interest that Cirque du Soleil would want to a prequel story for it.

Are you talking about Cuck Awakens? It didn't make anything special. It flopped in asia too.

What did he mean by this?

It made 2 billion dollars.

Your opinion is garbage. The prequels have issues with their scripts but other than that they're great films for kids and teens. They're very unique and there isn't anything comparable to the SW saga.

Star Wars is overrated as fuck

And?
So did Avatar which it didn't beat and never will. So did Titanic, which it didn't beat in the initial box office. So almost did Jurassic World, which it performed just slightly better than.

Also 2 bill is what it made by now, the initial box office - what studio is looking at - was just barely above 1 billion and struggling.
It's absolutely nothing special by today standards and what Disney was expecting. They probably dumped a billion in ads and merc alone.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_holocaust

These are the two highest grossing movies of all time not adjusted for inflation. If you consider just coming under these two movies as doing nothing special, I don't know what to say to you.

1 billion on a ~300 million budget is not bad. God knows Warners wish they made that much on Batman vs Superman

Most films coming out today struggle to crack 500 million, never mind a billion

Look, the fact that you didn't like the movie has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the movie was a success, which it was.

Is it now? And what do you mean by that? Is it too popular? Do you feel critics rate it too highly? I wouldn't agree either way.

If anything I think Star Wars is underrated. The grand chiastic mythological story structure and creative visual designs are unrivalled. What I really want to know is which similar works you would rate higher. See, as far I'm concerned Star Wars set the bar and nobody has even attempted to reach it.

Except Avatar and Titanic were new IPs while SW is only, I dunno, the most popular thing ever made. And it couldn't even come close to either. Give me a fucking break, it's an embarrassing box office for it.

~300 mil budget + as much for ads and merc = almost another billion. Like I said. They barely get anything out of this.

What the fuck are you talking about? Every like second blockbuster nowadays easily cracks 1 billion mark. Fucking Fast and Furious franchise is we billion now. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

Look, the fact that you're autistic and don't know jack shit you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Force Cuckens didn't gross anything special.

Star Wars sucks

checkem

fugggg :D

You suck.

Is capeshit still doing well at the box office? You'd think people would be tired of it by now.

They are starting to scrap the bottom of the barrel for capeshit. The crash will come soon enough.

I love how Holla Forums always gets historical facts wrong, even when it's German history.

That's not Holla Forums, it's a goon trying to make fun of Holla Forums.

How do you tell the difference?

You're all neglecting the most important question: Will Avatar 2 bring Abatap back to us?

he dead

Just read between the lines and if it seems to be written by a balding fat cuck who hate the west and whites then it's a goon.

/po/?

Look yourself in the mirror, goon. Tell me what you see.

ftfy

not pandering? the bad guy looks like a fucking starcraft ripoff, he's a buzzcut space marine with a cigar. and this movie was not that entertaining, it felt long and hackneyed. there were even "look, 3d!" scenes like every other dumb effects tentpole has, but somehow people bought into this retarded marketing schtick that this time, FINALLY, they've got it right

You mean make baseless assumptions about an anonymous stranger's motives depending purely on my own feelings? That sounds mentally healthy. I can see the appeal, every mistake belongs to the enemy while every success belongs to the true Holla Forumslacks. I suppose that guy who called the Islamic Golden Age a myth perpetuated by medieval Jewish historians was also JIDF. It's all a masterfully-crafted plot to make everyone think that Holla Forums is willing to misrepresent historical facts so that they fit better with their narrative.

Probably so it'll be ready in time for Disney's shitty new Avatar park.

shut up, cuck

I'll watch it if it's not a ripoff of another story this time.

Is a myth perpetuated by those ignorant of the glorious Persian culture which was shared with Arabs who ran with it and ran it into the ground within a few centuries while Persia continued creating until Mongols slaughtered them and Turks created a pale imitation.

Hush, user, don't want to tell too much truth to goons at one time. Might make his head explode.

Cameron has made better Part II's than anyone else in history. So I think it would be kind of foolish to think he doesn't know what he has to do to get people hooked again.

Nah, he's worse than spielberg tier when it comes to sequels. At least spielberg has The Last Crusade.

You're a fucking autist contrarian. Anyone who isn't retarded loves those movies. He also makes sequels that aren't just retreads of the original, which is a GOOD thing.

I think Aliens have subpar story, mediocre action scenes, and not enough tense. The characters are all annoying too, didn't care much about any of them. Die Hard is a better action film.

But T2 was T1's story all over again, this time it's terminator vs terminator.

*flick

Cameron hasn't made a good movie since Titanic. He should have just retired.

user, you know better. Humans are the white people of space, you cant have them being the good guys :^)

If it came out a couple of years after the last one it would have just been considered the latest milked cash cow series. Sort of like how The Avengers was a big thing when the first one was made but now it's sort of meh since we get Marvel cross-over films every year now.

Making people wait a long time for something is what makes it a big thing when it finally comes out. Look at the hype for The Force Awakens or Toy Story 3.

I wish my soul had a release date.

Titanic sucked. It was a boilerplate melodrama/romance with simplistic characters and ham-handed sentimentality.

I think the movie wasn't supposed to be like that. I don't know what pushed him to make the romance the main story.

Must be his wife's daughter.

Imagine how great it would've been if Billy Zane's character had been the protagonist.