Cisbusters Box Office Predictions

Industry experts are saying $40-50 million during opening weekend, which would actually be pretty bad for the film, but due to shill reviews, enough normies might actually be tricked into seeing this. Either way, with a budget of $154M, this has a big hurdle to overcome.

I predict about $65M for OW, with a domestic total of around $180M. There's too much controversy for it to completely flop, but anything under $200M will send the signal to Sony to bury any sequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/user/ur47649904/boards/?uc=1#history
twitter.com/HopeStillFlies/status/753302892451364864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No way. Only movies that "have legs" and spread through word of mouth end up being profitable if the movie doesn't have strong opening weekend. $60mil opening weekend with a blockbuster coming the week after and no China release is disastrous.

Part of me suspects maybe 190 or 200+ mil. Most recent major blockbusters had some extra help from China, and I bet this movie will flop in the west, but China will be the one to prove how well it will do and those shits barely ever pay attention to trailers or critics.

China is not going to release the movie there. The Chinese government prohibited its exhibition due to its disrespectful treatment of the dead.

newsflash, it not showing in china due to chinese regulation on foreign media.

Hollyjew is trying their damnedest

they already know its shit

Oh, yeah it competion for opening week is a cutesy film about animals. So yeah, the industry expect 40m to 50m but that a bit too generous. 30m at best to 10m at worst.

$40-50M for the OW
$100-150M domestic
around $100M foreign
$200-$250 worldwide

UK 11 July 2016
Ireland 11 July 2016
Argentina 14 July 2016
Australia 14 July 2016
Brazil 14 July 2016
Chile 14 July 2016
Netherlands 14 July 2016
Philippines 14 July 2016
Portugal 14 July 2016
Singapore 14 July 2016

Thailand 14 July 2016
Canada 15 July 2016
Poland 15 July 2016
USA 15 July 2016
Vietnam 15 July 2016
Croatia 16 July 2016 (Pula Film Festival)
Hong Kong 21 July 2016
Israel 21 July 2016
Finland 22 July 2016
Norway 22 July 2016
Sweden 27 July 2016
Czech Republic 28 July 2016
Greece 28 July 2016

Croatia 28 July 2016
Hungary 28 July 2016
Italy 28 July 2016
Cambodia 28 July 2016
Kazakhstan 28 July 2016
Republic of Macedonia 28 July 2016
Serbia 28 July 2016
Russia 28 July 2016
Slovenia 28 July 2016
Slovakia 28 July 2016
Austria 29 July 2016
Bulgaria 29 July 2016
Estonia 29 July 2016
Lithuania 29 July 2016
Turkey 29 July 2016
Germany 4 August 2016
Denmark 4 August 2016
Belgium 10 August 2016

Japan 11 August 2016 (limited)
Spain 12 August 2016
Japan 19 August 2016
France 24 August 2016

Wow for real? The new movie is fucked then.

I think it's weird that of all the commercials I've seen for this movie, none have actually featured the cast or scenes from the movie. As in, no teasers or trailers, but rather spoofs on whatever TV network they're on. Like during the NBA championship, they had Kobe Bryant do some weird…I don't even know what to call it? It's clearly promoting the movie, but doesn't actually reference it. Anyone else noticed this? I mainly watch sports and news, late at night, if I watch it at all.

Kinda struck me as weird too.

China don't release movies with ghosts on them.

Because there are NONE good scenes to show in the first place.

Secret Life of Pets blew box office analysts away and the word of mouth it's getting is sure to keep it at a similar number next weekend. In two weekends another kids movie comes out, and Star Trek 3, an actual movie actual people actually want to see comes out. It's fucked.

Not to mention, out of the 60 or so people I talk to regularly in my life, I know exactly two people who want to see it. Me, and a coworker. And we ain't paying to see this shit.

Fuck off normalfag

Out of everyone at my workplace only one who wants to see it is the 21 year old part time fat girl. Possibly unrelated, but once during lunch hour she asked me to sign a petition to make #GiveElsaAGirlfriend and when I told her that petition crap was a load of shit, she threatened to call me a sexist homophobe so I had to sign and threaten my position over some fucking sjw fanfiction shit. Fucking bitch.

absolute beta bitch. I hope she makes you sign more stupid petitions, cuck.

Such is the sad life of a wageslave.

[spoiler] That sounds awful. Where do you work? I work at a movie theater and all the people there are pretty cool. The best part is, if I actually did want to see Ghostbusters I'm allowed two free tickets a day so it wouldn't even matter. [/spoilers]

could that fact be why they had them outright killing the ghosts and throwing them around as if they were solid objects? Plus the whole different dimmension thing shoved in at the end, to show they were more monsters from a different dimension than ghosts/spirits

newfag use **

Was either a petition or my job. Besides not like those petitions do anything and the bitch got fired after she harassed a customer for some stupid shit of her's.

So they pretty much fucked the the lore of the franchise? Great… Thanks a lot Sony.

The wait is killing me.

None of my coworkers have even mentioned it

The more people see of the movie the less inclined they'll be to watch it.

Only one mentioned coworker of mine talks about it. I think I mentioned her to you guys before

But of course is a woman the only one to talk about it

for shame

Way too optimistic, Sony.

You should have raped her. It's the only way to fix a feminist.

20 mil domestic
15 mil foreign
30~40 overall

Total flop

IS ANYONE SURPRISED THE LEADING SHILL REVIEW IS FROM A SALON CUCK?

If not signing a petition of a part time scrub can cost you your job, it's time to find a new job.

Ghostbusters isn't as much of a phenomenon overseas, if I'm not mistaken.

Even if it does remotely well here, the rest of the world really won't give a fuck because they don't like dumpy white women doing their best "sassy librarian" impressions, and giant gorillas screaming ghetto shit.

What a fucking faggot.

Why do you want to see it?

Slav here. Everyone loves ghostbusters fam, literally everywhere. It's a world classic.

It will flop in China for sure, which is pretty much all you need to have your movie tank nowadays.

Well, seeing as it's not playing in China…

I hate the chinese, but they did good banning cuntbusters.

err, yes it does

That's Taiwan, not China. The PRC censorship board has a thing against depictions of ghosts and other representations of dead ancestors, so it's not showing there.

I want to fug chris hemsworth.

Whatever, chink related. The point is it will flop there. If it's not playing on mainland, even better.

He's the only good thing about the movie.

I don't think they banned it, I think Sony didn't even bother to try and get a classification there, because it's about ghosts. You can get around those kinds of regulations if you've got a good relationship with the Chinese. Legendary Pictures, who made Warcraft, managed to get Warcraft approved for exhibition in China despite the presence of supernatural elements because their company is owned/has close connections to the PRC. Sony, however, is a Japanese company and Chinese and Japanese don't generally get along.

It's not a whatever. One is the biggest film market outside of America, the other is just another Asian market. Playing in Taiwan isn't going to save their flagging movie sales the same way an exhibition in China probably would.

It's ironic, with all the fuss about the movie being all female leads, a man is both the best part (Hemsworth) and the worst part (Paul Fag).

If it's not showing in mainland china than any foreign market is ever so important. Including Taiwan and all of asia, where it's gonna flop.

Japan screening of this will be limited only a few selected theather will have a showing and depending on that other will follow suit.

i l3l'd

Everyone I know thinks that movie looks like pile of shit.

Congratulations. Now you will have to sing every dumb petition she comes up with.

You should have just said "No, sorry" and leave it at that.

why are you so fucking insecure?

signalling alt-right is very trendy right now, it's the safe state-approved pseudo-rebellion of today.

wew, a hothead entered the thread

50/50 split with theater owners plus the additional marketing budget makes this movie a financial failure with anything under $400 million globally

why does Germany and France get it so late? is it that hard to dub it into Arabic?

:^)

400m would be the case if MAINLAND china is involve but it not. It hoping that it will do ok in domestic sales but that kinda hard when they're giving away ticket for this shit show, hell, the inflatrator it came out just go see that.

One of this thing doesn't look like the other! :DDDDDDDDD

There are shills spending their free time defending this movie

looking through the ghostbusters board on IMDB, I found a shill.

imdb.com/user/ur47649904/boards/?uc=1#history

Looking at the post dates. So many posts in one day defending ghostbusters. I'm going through the list. 21 pages worth of posts defending this film, All within one day. He's going all out defending this film.

There are 25 posts in one page. If I'm doing the math here, he posted 525 shill posts in one day defending this movie, all posts are on the same board. There was maybe 2 hours of a break in between.

Five hundred and twenty five posts defending ghostbusters 2016.

This individual sold his fucking soul to shill this movie.

What soul?

I really do hope this movie takes a bath. If it doesn't, it teaches Sony that all they have to do is fill their casts with all women and all minorities and they can completely deflect all criticism for their shit films as being 'racist' or 'sexist'/'misogynist'. It would basically be a licence for Sony to become even more cancerous than they already are.

what the fuck are you talking about? the film needs to make 400 million in box office sales in order to turn a profit. it doesnt fucking matter if the sales are in finland, china, or fucking syosset they need 400 mil globally

They will do that even if it flops. It will mean they had a good excuse for their movies to flop.

Yes, but the fact that it flopped would deter them from doing it again. They could bitch and moan about how sexism caused it to fail but at the end of the day, they'd be deterred from making similar movies because their lack of financial success would demonstrate to investors that such films are unprofitable.

Whereas if the movie were a success, they'd keep making films of similar quality knowing that they can get the critics on their side, and, in doing so, guilt the general public into seeing some of the worst films ever made.

They should stick to their niche, which is talking about the virtues of pedophilia

Are you fucking autistic? China is the second biggest market for movies, if China is not involved, nothing makes 400 million.

>>>/reddit/

Japan will release the movie in august (they always release American movies very late). And with the selected theaters thing, Sony scarcely could make any money from there.

>>>/oven/

I work at a movie theatre, and I can say with 90% certainty this movie will bomb. finding dory might outperform it and the secret life of pets definitely will. there is almost no hope for this movie doing well, especially with the inflated budget.

That almost is the problem though, the uncertainty is still there. Can't wait for the numbers to roll in.

Fam, when the movie is officially released, Can you tell us the details about it?

Aye. I kinda wanna know what normies think of it, even if anecdotal.

No way!? fuckin' hell, nice one china

If only TFA would've had a force ghost…

It's already out in Ireland, didn't even know and I live here, I'v never heard anyone even talk about it either.

No it wasn't. Firstly no reasonable employer would fire you fr refusing to sign her petition and secondly, if they did, that's the best indication to you that the job wasn't worth working, because they'd have found other ways to make your life hell

it already outperformed it.

You guys will love that one.
twitter.com/HopeStillFlies/status/753302892451364864

So uh…feminism lost I guess.
Yay?

Dory is a huge success isn't it? Kinda made up for the loss with the failure that was The Good Dinosaur.

New reviews are just as lulzy

Because reasons.

Well, you see, they're getting report of no confidence for foreign sells so they gave up on marketing to certain areas. My latino friends is telling me that all Ghostbuster advertisement on spanish speaking tv stations only last about 7 to 10 seconds before cutting back to the regular programming.

Ay mi madre, por dios, que es eso ese

Por que es mierda

Si, verdad

Why is that girl using our memes?

You need to sit down, user
some girls lurk, and even post, in these boards
I know. I did not believe it either.

Was wondering how long it would be before they pulled out the GG boogeyman card. Next project on Pascal's slate is the LW "book" so you can bet if cisbusters does well they're going to be hitting that playbook full force.

smh

I thought the Commies destroyed all their culture?

what
how did you reach such a conclusion by just joking about the fact that there are femanons ? Geez, calm down.

>>>/suicide/

Not the person you're replying to but I'll definitely watch whatever the first shitty ripped version is just to make fun of it and have ammunition against anyone that defends it ("you can't criticize the movie you haven't even seen it!"). Hopefully someone will put it on infinity.moe so we can have chat and shit.

Rarley have I seen a more pathetic bunch of idiots.

Like that will stop her hating men.

i love how Dobson is retweeing this shit.

You know Holla Forums would just be /hebe/ and a shit tier /a/ if not for gloopitygrope right?

I'm surprised KiA isn't pledging to see cisbusters, honestly.

How did you even get here then?

It will be the #1 movie throughout the summer. Star Trek will be BTFO, and Paramount will have to go bankrupt. Warner Brothers will cancel the release of Suicide Squad in theaters. They will sell it over to Asylum, and it will be released on the Syfy Channel. Through a special arrangement with Sony, the CG face of Melissa McCarthy will replace all faces in Suicide Squad. All dialogue will be the fart gag from Ghostbusters 2016. Suicide Squad will literally case many suicides.

Sony pictures recasts Spider-man as Melissa McCarthy. They replay the pizza delivery scene from Spider-man 2, but instead she just delivers empty boxes.

Basic Instinct gets rebooted staring Lena Dunham. 90% of the movie involves shot of her vagina. Showgirls is rebooted with the cast of Girls.

1 billion dollars should be the low ball. Clinton wins the election and forces China to release it in theaters. Their society collapses.

why do they all look bored

Because they are.

I wouldn't mind Paramount going bankrupt.