Terminator Salvation I LIKE IT!

rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_4/

Why do critics, metacritic and rotten tomatoes hate this movie? I only see imdb have a diverting opinion on this.

I liked the movie. How can people bitch about the typical hollywood sequelization and copy-pasting old plots and repurposing them for a new movie and then bitch about filmmakers taking risks and diverting from that?

I think it's so unfair!

It's a garbage movie with an altered plot to make Christian Bale the star of the movie. John Connor was supposed to have only like 10 minutes of screen time, so Bale made changes of the script to make himself the main character. It was supposed to be centered around Marcus uncovering Skynet's Brave New World-style plot to enslave humans with transhumanism. The altered script is so boring compared to the original, although less cheesy. The little girl was supposed to be white too.

Now that you say that, I agree with your sentiment. I liked the first half of the movie, where it was mostly just Sam Worthington more.

And I liked that the female main character wasn't a "strapping female heroine". It gave him much more signifance, making everyone rely soley on him.

I didn't know about an alternative script, but now that you say it, I can definetly see how in the second act of the movie the whole theme of the movie gets distracted by having so much John Connor in it.

I don't think it's a garbage movie though. It is definetly better then just the mindless sequels T2 and T3 and the ever newer Terminator which basically soft rebooted the whole franchise.

You really don't know how much I hate the hollywood concept of a sequel.
Oh you want Hunger Games again? We will just host games again and oh, you say, the rebels are now storming the capitol?

Time for yet another game!

A new Star Wars sequel? We will just remake the original.

I hate this so much.

Well for one, notice the fact his hand is missing.

I enjoyed the movie but didn't like the ending. I felt that Connor should've died, even though I'm a big fan of Christian Bale. I liked the sound design for the harvesters, really scary.
I wish they made a sequel to that movie or the tv show instead of making a reboot with Khaleesi Connor.

But it had Arnie! That's all you need!

Connor dying makes no sense. Screwing with the timeline and retconning is what destroyed the series to begin with.

It's better than Genesys, I'll give you that.

It's shit but at least they tried something different unlike utter garbage like 3 and genesis.

he looks so sad, I just want to hug him

Connor was supposed to be dead in the original script. He got his face implanted on Marcus.

It's probably my favourite of the post T2 movies. The others tried to hard to be T2 again. We already have a T2 and it's pretty much perfect. They're never going to top it.

Genesys is by far the worst movie in the series. It doesn't even feel like a real movie. It feels like a pilot for a TV show, which it turns out it basically was.

T2 was horrible. If they want to rip off previous Terminator, it should be the first movie.

The original script was wrong to kill off connor. It was retcon bullshit and it is a good thing they didn't go with it.

I feel like the only thing Salvation was missing was graphic human violence.

At least The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show was great. Genesys isn't.

What, the indie b-movie over the Hollywood action remake? Not gonna happen.

meh it was okay

I don't know why but I was really disappointed when the movie came out. Probably because it was the first movie in years that I was *actually* hyped for.

The trailer hinted at a big plot by Skynet to finally destroy the Resistance and in the end it's revealed it was just sending an unknowlingly Marcus to convince John to attack a Skynet facility so they could finally kill him.

It was a big let down IMO.

The action was kind of dull. The side characters were annoying, expecially the little girl. Kyle Reese had no reason to be in the movie, like at all.

Arnie's face CGI'd on the German bodybuilder was ok. It worked.

The ending also didn't solve anything. John Connor lives, Marcus dies and Skynet has one less robot-factory. What else? Nothing. If these events had not happened, nothing would have changed at all.

Oh and of course, there had to be one stubborn general that dooms the whole plan because he doesn't automatically trust the main character.

I rate it 5/10.

It's not awful like Gynosis but it's really dull and uninspired.

T1 > T2 > T3 > TS > a pile of shit, a needlestack of aids and raping nigger clowns > TG

(haven't seen sarah connor chronicles so i can't rate it)

Well put friend.

TS >= T3 tbh

It was a shit move.