ITT: Post movies with god tier special effects

ITT: Post movies with god tier special effects

Starting off with one of my favorites.

Terminator the Second

get that cgi shit out of here

practical effects only

The rather simple yet mind boggling "simulation" Robert Downey has in Avengers, where he is a teenager again interacting with his long dead parents.
Its really wierd because its so close to what he really looked like back in the "Back to School" days movie.

that's the power of disney you fool

imagine if tron legacy had that kind of tech, jeff would have looked seamlessly younger

Yes, that's what CA3 really was

umad because cgi isn't necessary, it's just the cheaper option.

what is it? I've never seen this film before.

Herbert West: Re-Animator by Stuart Gordon. It's a good movie, I recommend it (and also From Beyond which also stars Jeffrey Combs and is directed by Gordon).

… Computer Graphical Interface?

That guy was great in DS9, but I had no idea he played brunt until recently.

Computer generated image, it refers to effects that are rendered on a computer then overlayed onto the film.

I prefer it over practical in every situation except when a live action character is directly involved, like a fight scene or blood splatters. I can't take stuff like The Thing seriously despite how technically impressive it is because practical effects will always be more poorly animated than something that's CG. It's much easier to revise and tweak CG animation than it is to individually set up everything on the practical model which often would involve manually remaking parts of it that were intentionally destroyed in the animation. Moving organic things animated with practical effects always look like an unedited rough draft of an animation before it is finished. Again I appreciate the skill that goes into it but it just has severe problems with looking realistic outside of still frames.

>>>/newfag/ confirmed

I thought your autistic ass gave up on trying to force that shit meme.

Not him, but you have to admit that there is a certain degree of charm and skill in practical effects. Just look at some of the examples posted here or with something like 2001 or The Tree of Life.

They had that kind of tech, they just botched the implementation.
The textures and model were fine, it was the lighting that fucked it.

Did you watch the video? How about you provide a detailed explanation as to why you think "muh cgi" ruins movies rather than calling everyone a cuck, you fucking cuck.

/discussion forever

"Computer Graphics" is enough user. CGI stands for Computer Graphical Interface".

That scene with the T. rex chasing the jeep looked pretty shitty, tbh fam.

Also the part with the Galamimus stampede. Pretty much any time they switched to CG in Jurassic Park it looked awful actually.

How come the CGI in Jurassic Park looks so much better than anything today? Even the bugs in Joe's Apartment look better than most models today.