Farscape

I just finished the series and here are my thoughts. It's essentially what Voyager should have been. I actually thought Voyager was pretty decent until I watched this. Farscape completely exposes how fucking mediocre and boring Voyager is. I fucking loved Farscape: fantastic puppetry work (was blown away by the good puppets and didn't know Jim Henson Studios was behind it until the end of the series), great characters, and a satisfying story (a little disappointed about how it was cancelled and had to wrap everything up with a 2-episode mini-series two years later).

Scorpius is now one of my favorite villains.

You mean the real hero?

I really liked how in the end, John's hand was forced and he had to use a weaponized wormhole to end the war. A sacrifice of tens of thousands of people and an entire planet for the greater good. It was neat to see a Pyrrhic victory between John and Scorpius' struggle over the technology. I really wish they had one more scene together at the end of the show.

I haven't been able to get through the last season. Just so boring compared to the rest. Is it worth it?

One of the best things Farscape ever did was just the casual banter and bullshit.

On shows like Star Trek they tried making everyone look like some wonderful hero 24/7, rather than just having downtime where they were getting drunk and stupid or just fighting with each other. I get that it was probably just done as filler, but it made many of the characters dramatically more likable.

Missing one hell of an ending.

I loved this little fucking asshole.

Seriously? It seems so fucked compared to the rest of the series!

Which episode did you stop on?

scorpius did nothing wrong

It's been awhile. It think it was when the crew just got off the planet with the fucky magnetism or whatever.

That's only 3 episodes into the season. It gets better. The early episodes of the season are mostly filler, though, and the ones you stopped on are indeed the most boring.

The writing was inconsistent at times. They never really knew what to do with Zan. Scorpy did nothing wrong. Harvey is the best character. I want a three some with Chiana and Sikozu while dargo watches like the cuck he is.

Fun as fuck about halfway through season two to the end of three.

He is not an asshole. He is a Dominar of Action!

2 gripes I had with the show:
1. Holy fuck the theme was terrible
2. Jool. What the fuck were they thinking?

I remember hating him a bit at first, but just gradually the fucker grows on you.

Dumping the few webm I made. Love this show. Didn't like the baby arc. Wish they would have stuck with simpler romance.

I don't know, I liked Jool.
I couldn't stand that old woman (I forgot her name), she appeared out of nowhere and the crew was acting like we were supposed to know her since the beginning.

I wish they could, sadly in the commie future created by Roddenberry, humans drink non alcoholic beverages like a bunch of kids.
What a sad future.

On Deep Space 9 they had people drinking a bit and each Trek had some kind of bar they supposedly had people drink at. They just never had them doing anything related to having downtime unless it was another holodeck adventure.

It got ridiculous when they had one episode of DS9 where Quark went back in time to something like the 1950's US and had him marvel at people smoking because of how unhealthy it is. A guy who seems happy to make money off people's vices was disturbed that people smoked.

What did you find bad about the theme? I'm not sure if they changed it after season one but I feel it captures both an alien and militaristic feeling in one go. Fitting with the idea of being chased.

i like the theme of the first 2 seasons
the other one is shit tho

iirc the blue skin chick had some kind of allergic reaction to the face paint and had to quit so they had to bullshit a character quick and you get her

at least she was kinda hot

sikozu was better

also had no idea it got a blu-ray release

think ill give it another watch

The blue paint made her kidneys bleed.

ykes

Shit son, hope she got better.

Why? It's not like she is hot or anything.

Stark was an agent from the first Matrix.
Zan was a Bond girl from the best Bond film.

Faggot.

Any more?

The first 3/4 of the theme is fine, it was the yodeling women in the last part.

that was a really shitty trashy american sci-fi series

plus super-retarded costumes, especially of the villain

0/10, you made it too obvious with "american".

It was American funded, but only one actor was American and it was filmed in Australia with basically a 99% Australian cast.

Australian

It was originally Australian

Crais did nothing wrong and eventually sacrificed himself and his ship for the greater good.

Also, remember the bank robbery episode? Top tet.

Even the rubber suit aliens in that show were kinda cool.

i swear i didn't photoshop this. check for yourself

Deep Space Nine was better than this shit and Voyager.

Last season is a little weak and bits of the miniseries are meh, but you have to see the end. Crich-ton finally pushes back.

Sikozu's ok, but I don't know if my dick can ever recover from Aeryn.

i had a hard time suspending my disbelief because they expect me to believe that turbochad chrichton is an astronaut. never got past season one because of that.

actually i didnt even finish the first season.

The show starts at the end of the first season, when they put on the PK uniforms.

The alien puppets in this shit didn't look remotely as good as the Dark Crystal puppets and costumes.

so ive heard, but i could not suspend my disbelief long enough to get to that point.

So delusional is the wizard mind.

All astronauts are by the definition you've provided a "chad". If you just mean handsome and well-built but also a genius. That's basically all of them. You have to be in perfect physical shape and in complete control of your weight to go into space. There are no fat astronauts, user.

you must have been too dumb to understand real plot development, because farscape had none after they made scorpi some walking dog to that woman in the later seasons

I stopped watching this show then, its almost as if it had the same writers as Andromeda Ascendant post season 1 writers with ninjas and shit

I would rather watch all 7 seasons of ST:Voy than this turd of a show

I think it's possible that Claudia Black ruined me for all other women.

claudia black is so fucking beautiful it amazes me.

Aged like milk though.

She was like 40 when Farscape was made. So… she was already up there. So, she actually aged pretty well, she's just that old.

Would still bang.

She's 43 right now, user. She would have been about 27 when Farscape first went on air.

She really has aged like milk.

Shame, she was banging back in the day.

apples and oranges
If you want to compare DS9 to anything, compare it to Babylon 5, since both are more about a space station and the interactions between the humans on the station and the aliens. Farscape is more about a human literally going where no man has ever gone before.

Sikozu is best sci-fi waifu.

for you

I only ever liked DS9 (or any other ST show for the matter) whenever it pointed out how fucking retarded the Federation was.

Coming close to Season 2 now and man was it inconsistent. The few good Episodes were really good, but most Episodes were really just the typical standard schlock you've seen a million times already.

It's like they went down a list of standard tropes.

Was this when you were in high school, user?

I liked the part where the puppet midget gets to experience what pissing feels like to a human male.

Watching the series again, it's nice to see how well the effects hold up thanks to using puppets and regular costumes rather than too many computer effects that poorly age.

DS9 was the best of the lot. Every other ST was shit by comparison.

Remind me who created these weapons?

End yourself.

End yourself.

you're a beautiful person, please keep living

But OP you missed the point. Which girl is most bangable and why is it Aeryn?

His actor had a slight lazy eye.
It's kinda funny when you watch his interviews or lectures at unis.

I hear a lot of good things about Scorpi but as I am near the end of season 2 I don't find him to be all that special. I like him better than Crais since he actually has charm, striking a fine balance between humour and terror. But he's pretty much as one dimensional as Crais was in season 1 since his motivations amount to just getting Criton and he gets his ass beat or doesn't do much at least in season 2. He had a fine introduction but I feel like it went downhill so far.

I find Harvey to be more interesting than him even though they are the same person because of how insidious he is. That episode with the characters posing on Earth was brilliant