Guys i'm scared

What if Cisbusters turns out to be a financial sucess?

This morning i was reminded of Waterworld, a movie that created so much bad publicity for being the worst and most expensive movie of all time years before it was released.

Critics predicted it to be a flop, insiders leaked information about the incompetent production, the movie was a disaster long before the theatrical release.

And then when it got released, people stormed the cinemas because they wanted to see this horrible trainwreck they heard so much about with their own eyes. The movie still wasnt a financial success because it was so costly, but what if the same happens with this movie?

What if all this publicity makes people flock to the cinemas on the first weekend and make this a sucess?

I don't know about the US but, in my shithole country no one is excited to see this movie.

As far as fabricated controversy is concerned, the fifty shades of gay was far more successful than this heap of shit.

Guys i'm scared.
What if this meme turns out to be a sucess?
This morning i was reminded of gondola, a meme that created so much bad publicity for being the worst and most expensive meme of all time years before it was posted.
Critics predicted it to be a flop, insiders leaked information about the incompetent production, the meme was a disaster long before the imageboard release.
And then when it got released, people stormed the cinemas because they wanted to see this horrible trainwreck they heard so much about with their own eyes. The meme still wasnt a success because it was so costly, but what if the same happens with this meme?
What if all this publicity makes people flock to the 8chins on the first weekend and make this a sucess?

gondola is the best meme

What if this flight turns out to be a sucess?

This morning i was reminded of Snakes on a Plane, a flight that created so much bad publicity for having the worst and most expensive cargo of all time years before it was released.

Critics predicted it to be a crash, insiders leaked information about the incompetent crew, the flight was a disaster long before take-off.

And then when it got in the air, people stormed the plane because they wanted to see this horrible trainwreck they heard so much about with their own eyes. The landing still wasnt a financial success because the plane was dented, but what if the same happens with this flight?

What if all this publicity makes people flock to the airfield on the first weekend and make this a sucess?

You have nothing to worry about.

The media was against Waterworld because there was no social incentive to promote it. It was just another overbudgeted action movie indicative of the mid-nineties.

Also, critics and journos back then would have cut their teeth in the seventies and eighties, which with the birth of home video and endless reams of shit being put to celluloid, caused them to toughen up.

But seeing Cuntbusters is a "political act" for generation snowflake don't'cha know?

Pic unrelated.

There's an embargo on reviews that's not lifted until the release date. It was originally going to be lifted earlier, but Sony pushed it back all the way to its opening day. It would seem Sony is less than confident that every film critic is going to fall in line. There's only so many they can buy out, and the no one takes what the millennials say seriously.

Just like Robocop remake was? Total Recall? Karate Kid? Conan the Barbarian?

Paying public hates remakes and boots as much as we do. Cisbusters will flop at the box office.

What if this guy turns out to be a big?

This morning i was reminded of the mosquito man, a guy that created so much bad publicity for getting caught being the biggest guy of all time years before the fire rises.

CIA predicted it to be a flop, Dr. Pavel leaked information about the incompetent plan, the plane crashed with no survivors long before the time for fear (that came later).

And then when they shot a man before throwing him out of the plane, people pulled off that mask because they wanted to see this horrible flightplan they heard so much about with their own eyes. The guy still wasnt that big because he got caught, but what if the same happens with this guy?

What if all this publicity makes people pull off that mask on the first weekend and make this a big guy?

Alright, I'm going to post this one more time and then take a screenshot and repost it every fucking time you post this stupidity again. There is absolutely zero chance of this movie being successful. OP is trying to create an impression that it could be successful in the flailing hopes of creating an "It's inevitable!" mindset, but there's no basis for it being remotely successful. It's going to end at least three careers, and deal a huge blow to feminism. I'm going to outline all of the evidence of this.

-The trailer is the most disliked video in youtube history. Sony acknowledged it was a popular sentiment to hate this movie by instead releasing subsequent trailers places other than youtube where there were no ratings.
-With the exception of Ecto Cooler (which doesn't even reference the movie) every single piece of merchandise associated with this movie has been a massive failure. The toys are on clearance before the movie's even out.
-Activision is offering the movie as a bonus bundled with the game. Do you think Sony would agree to have the movie offered for free with a shitty video game if they had any confidence at all of high blu-ray sales?
-They've changed their marketing strategy repeatedly and very schizophrenically. Attacking the audience is always a bad sign and only ever hurts the product. At the same time they've tried desperately to appeal to a male audience by changing the posters and are now emphasizing the guy who plays Thor's part in the film because he's the only element that tested remotely well with any segment of the test audiences.
-Paul Feig had a twitter meltdown the likes of which we haven't seen since Trank had when he realistic F4ntastic was going to flop.
-Even among self-described progressives like ComicBookGirl19 and Spoony, the reaction to everything has been overwhelmingly negative. Only diehard leftist sites no one takes seriously are defending the film.
-Even among SJWs, a good portion are upset the black character isn't a scientist, so they even alienated that audience.
-Sony had to threaten lawsuits and force everyone involved to promote the movie and appear in it. The only member of the cast who seems remotel enthusiastic about promoting the film is Leslie Jones, and you can tell it's fake enthusiasm and she knows her career is one of the ones this film is going to kill.
-Advanced ticket sales for the movie are abysmal.
-Sony has repeatedly pushed back the review embargo which means they know the reviews are going to be terrible, and any critics who may have been on the fence about defending the movie just because of their politics will have no choice but to give it a bad review, meaning it's only good reviews are going to come from Armond White and Chris-chan's brother.

There is zero chance of this movie being a success, goon.

I think that Waterworld was a fun movie.

TL;DR

It is not about ideology, it is about money.
Money is always always always the answer. If being an "interesting failure" will make people the most possible cash, that's what will happen, the narrative changes to suit the capital and not vice versa.

Why is there so much nonsensical American politics surrounding this movie? Have you ever heard someone discussing the politics of the first two movies? They were about lazy guys hunting ghosts.

How abysmal?

Like pretty much non-existent.

Yes it was, I've seen it a couple of times. People in (((Hollywood))) have a stick up their ass about Kevin Kostner though, and they picked this movie to trash (along with him).

It's not the greatest movie of all time, just a bit better than average for an epic adventure post-apocalyptic film, but it certainly doesn't deserve the overwhelming majority of criticism it engenders.

Even fucking Movieblob panned it. Bob "no bad tactics! Crispman called it shit.

It must have taken some double think for him to manage that

What about it?

Just don't watch it. They have no power over you.

are you serious? this has been a thing for decades.

I was asking about this particular review embargo

If they're so afraid of negative reception, why bother to screen it for critics at all? Why not use the Kevin Smith tactic and say 'It's not for you, you critics'? I mean, it's not like anything else could possibly go wrong in terms of publicity for this film, they've already given everybody else the finger, why not the critics?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would Cole give it a good review?

Because he prides himself on being a contrarian faggot. Keep in mind that him and Armond White are the only two people to give Toy Story 3 a bad review.

Of course it will be a smashing success. I've always thought so. The MSM is behind it because it pushes their leftist agendas. And the average movie-going public is the same retards that made Avatar the highest grossing movie of all time. You believe in people too much if you think it will tank. People are not to be believed in. They will disappoint you.

But Toy Story 3 was overly-sentimental, emotionally manipulative self-fellatio. Giving it a bad review isn't contrarian. It just means you're honest.

That's all the Toy Story movies.

shitty facebook meme
gb2 reddit

Cole's complaint wasn't any of that shit. Cole didn't like it because Cole, a childless forty plus year old man, didn't think it was appropriate for children.

You can fuck right on outta here.

I have seen Gondolas on my nephews laptop with 9gag watermarks. When something filters down that low it means it was successful enough to spread to the lowest common denominator.

i for one intend to voice as much negativity as i can about it in my attempt to dissuade people from going to see it.

Have you actually read the reasoning behind his bizarre reviews? He realized Armond always going against the flow got him attention, so he tried to do the same thing, but he's a stereotypical extreme leftist so his reviews are always overtly political in a retarded way. I don't just mean like he gives leftist movies a good review, I mean there are cases where he'll review some kids movie and give reasoning like "This movie reminds me of the Bush administration and the useless war on terror, thumbs down!" He gave the Spongebob movie a thumbs down on the basis that it was like the Catholic church because it promoted pedophilia.

This is a guy who once gave an indie film it's sole positive review, resulting in the film's director saying he was "the smartest critic in the world". Cole took that to heart and has the quote forever at the top of his fucking website.

I'm interested in seeing how the critics go - I think it'll be split evenly between a first group of all the young'uns who claim it's the best film ever made and will signal-boost on twitter for some likes, and the established group that will all just go "meh" - not slam it outright, but just say it's either painfully average or just pretty bad.

And it'll be fun to watch the first group then try to paint the second as sexists for it.

Review embargo + hard anti-viewer shilling + arrogance with their current cheerleaders means it's pretty safe that the general public won't flock to it. It'll only get worse the first week when they all go on damage control and act like a bunch of retards because no-one else is joining them on their side.

Get your contrarian ass outta here. Waterworld was garbage.

This is an 10/10 thoug this part is inacurate:
I wish this was true but not really. They will just pretend it failed because of misogyny and use it as another excuse to try again. Not to mention, they already spread their claws over Star Wars, where they can spread their toxic ideology all over the unwitting masses and more easily dismiss detractors than this pile of garbage.

You have to understand, its not like feminism is on the line and they have to win this fight. They are a bunch of whiny brats that don't like people disagreeing with them and seeing so many doing at once made them panic.

This. I'm looking forward to the tumblr salt mixed with virtue signaling and the damage control of the feminists hacks who will be sprouting that the failure of the movie is because of misogyny and the patriarchy

That's about to come back and bite them too. Why do you think Abrams pulled out after the film was released? He knows the second one isn't going to make as much money, and he wants that to be someone else's fault.

For all the feminists saying the movie proves a film with a female action hero can succeed, it only happened in this case because of what Abrams refers to as his "mystery box" no one knew what the plot was going to be going into the movie -which makes his complaints about the lack of Rey toys hypocritical and stupid. People didn't go to the film because there was a black guy or a flat ugly chick, they just went because it was called Star Wars and the original cast would all be in it. People went to see Han Solo, Chewbacca and light saber battles. The new elements were all the ones that got the most negative reactions, and it's telling that the most popular new element was a storm trooper beating the crap out of one of their new characters.

Rogue Squadron is already undergoing massive reshoots because audiences hated it. Said it was too dark, and a lot of people are complaining they're sick of the protagonist of every Hollywood movie being "skinny white brunette".

I want to believe this is true. I want to believe he posts Alex Jones threads on Holla Forums, and talks about Fist of the North Star on /a/.

I hope your trips are the trips of truth, user.

eh

Wasn't it announced that every movie was supposed to be given to a different director long before the release of TFA or did i dream that?

Is this supposed to be a good thing? I would have appreciated a SW movie that was a bit more mature and i'd rather have a skinny white chick than a black chick.

It was, user's talking shit

GUYS, I'M SCARED THERE AREN'T ENOUGH THREADS ABOUT THIS FUCKING TOPIC!

Would you like a bump?