Okay anons, I am looking for some sci-fi show to watch over the summer, watched Babylon 5, Star Trek, The Expanse...

Okay anons, I am looking for some sci-fi show to watch over the summer, watched Babylon 5, Star Trek, The Expanse, Farscape, Red Dwarf, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly.

Anything worth watching you can recommend you lovable bastards?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sd23slMhWQU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_fiction_television_programs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sense8 :^)

SG-1. Start with the original movie if you like but don't be put off if you don't like it. The series is a massive improvement and shares none of the main actors. The characters are mostly different too.

Atlantis is worth moving on to afterwards. Universe is shit.

Lexx is worth watching for it's weirdness i suppose.
Alien Nation and V are pretty old but worth it in my opinion.
Space 2063 wasn't to bad either.

The Outer Limits, 1995 version
Fringe
The X-Files, but don't expect anything past season 5 to be any good
Falling Skies, if you want to watch something with your kids
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, if you want a better understanding of the Millennium Challenge and what's happening in the world today
Yukikaze

SW The Clone Wars (some story arcs are pretty good).

SGU is a good show.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Stargate: Assholes in Space. "I'm pregnant." Parody became reality.

Teengate Universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sd23slMhWQU

How is Farscape? I have watched the first three or four episodes and I'm on the fence still.

Blake's 7.

Don't have much to add, but I know that feeling man. After watching all those, there seems like literally nothing left.

SG-1 as mentioned is good followed by SG -Atlantis. Those should take you awhile though.

First couple seasons of Andromeda I thought were "ok". kind of shits the bed after that though.

First season of Dark Angel was bretty gud.

People really like Sliders, but I couldn't get into it.

Also, if you're interested in anime.

Outlaw Star is fantastic, followed by Cowboy bepop. Heroic age has some cool space battles.

Wait till this magnificent motherfucker shows up.

Black Mirror, it's been great, it's not exactly Sci-Fi but uses technology as a base to the plot and how the world could be or is today affected by it.

I tried watching Andromeda, I had to stop because it was trying too much to be Star Trek but in reality it was just boring. And I hate the character who looked like a weird half-human half-poodle hybrid.

I know it was based on a bunch of ideas from Gene Roddenberry but it's was so fucking boring to watch.

Scorpi is one of the best villains ever created.
Grand Moff Tarkin is #1

Scorpi did nothing wrong. He did his duty.

Farscape is one of the best out there.

No other series has made me care for a ship. No other series gives it's ship a backstory.

Pilot was cool.

Scorpi was great.

between this nigga and that hot kike claudia black, farscape is definitely alright

Nearly the entire cast was great. Aeryn's hot as fuck, Crichton is both a great comic relief and action hero, and alternates between being a madman and the moral voice of reason. D'argo is an absolute bro. Pilot is sympathetic as fuck, and I wish I could have him as a roommate watching my house.

Only really disliked Chianna for the slutty shit she pulled.

Holy fuck I forgot about that show. I am surprised Holla Forums hasn't turned it into full meme status now especially with those string vests, purple hair and sex aids on the front of every spaceship.

and now I'm kind of sad Star Trek Phase II never got made, even though it probably would've sucked.

Holla Forums needs to watch this as a marathon.

Red Dwarf's first six seasons are comedy gold. Later series are hit and miss.

If you want some sci-fi featuring puppetry the Gerry Anderson shows like Captain Scarlet, Thunderbird or Fireball XL5 are a good watch.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_fiction_television_programs

My opinion is pretty much the opposite of this user's. SG-1 and atlantis felt really cheap and B movieish and got progressively worse in my opinion. That said I watched SG-1 all the way through just because there was nothing else on in its timeslot where I lived when it was airing. I couldn't make it that far into atlantis, it was just to cringy and the acting is fucking horrible.

Stargate Universe felt like a Stargate show made by people who actually cared/were good at their jobs and the acting was much better for the most part. It does suffer from some melodrama, but partially that is because of the difference in plot format from SG-1 to SGU. I see it as very much like the shift from TNG to DS9. SG-1 was very villain of the week in the beginning only shifting to longer overarching plots in the latter seasons while SGU has a bit of villain of the week but is more focused on the overarching plot from the get go.

I forgot to add one show in my post : Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I agree. SG-1 felt like TNG (a perfect 90s/00s formula with exploration, fun and drama sometimes), SGA was like TOS (cartoonish with cheap looking sets, bimbos on every planets, actors like David Hewlett overacting). I see SGU as the DS9 of the Stargate franchise. A show hated by a lot of people while in fact it's the show with the most interesting characters and ideas and it has its own identity. With SGU you see how the civilians and the military react to the unknown (for exemple Rush and Chloe after being taken by the blue aliens, or people separated from their loved ones). Sure, people will say "but that's not what Stargate is about, remember muh explosions and muh P90", yeah but the point of making a new show is to try something different.

Watched an episode. Literally everyone smoking cigarettes and drinks cabinets everywhere. I miss the 70's

Strongly disagree. SGU was total shit because of virtually everything about it.

See, Battlestar Galactica was getting cancelled, they cancelled Atlantis at the same time to try to have SGU replace both shows, so it's written like BSG. It's edgy, there's shakey cam, lots of scenes of people talking over eachother while arguing, lots of "Wait, can he do that? He can't do that! This is wrong!" bullshit.

The premise is supposed to be that they're trapped on this derelict alien vessel and don't know where they are, but the tension is immediately destroyed because of the FUCKING STONES. It turns out early on they secretly had a stash of these stones from an SG-1 plot that let people swap minds with people in other galaxies. As a result they're in contact with Earth the entire series in an incredibly awkward way. We get lots of plots about truly gross shit like "Woman has sex with the body visiting her because her husband's mind is in it" and "girl decides she doesn't want to go back to the ship and tries to stay on Earth in the new person's body."

Barely any of the characters were interesting r had any good traits to them, so besides the Scottish scientist who was easily the best character and actor, everyone got broken down to their main components by the fans, most of whom were angry about the show. Names like "Lt. Hooters" "Sgt. Christfag" "Private Angryblackman" "Fat beta scientist" "asian dyke" "major la bamba" and "politician's slut daughter". The producer actually went all Gawker and complained to the fans online that calling her a slut was misogynist, and had to have people point out in the comments "Dude, she's a fictional character, and this is how you wrote her. So far all she's done is fuck people."

SGU would have been fun if it had been an expedition to the ship that got stranded, instead of a human rainbow of unlikeable fucks that got there by accident.

And yes, the stones kill any sort of fucking tension the show could have had, since now half (and more) of the plot revolves around goddamn fucking drama concerning shit characters the audience could give less of a fuck about.

SG-1 and Atlantis were mindless fun, and while, yes, after close to 20 seasons the formula was getting stale, there was plenty of room to "mature" the storytelling without turning it into the edgy soap opera shit with gratuitous sex and people arguing with each other on screen.

You could have had plots about exploring the ship and trying to fix it, visiting planets that aren't Canadian forests, meeting cultures that aren't cookie cutter PC shit and feature some truly alien customs, have the cast engage in morally questionable actions in order to survive, etc. Instead, it's family and relationship drama, same shit that made Terra Nova unwatchable.

Something a little older here but one I loved as a child into classic series.

Back when men were men and women were women. it probably doesn't hold up now, but I always loved it.

Oh shit. I was just thinking about this earlier.

SGY, like BSG before it, was a drama set in space rather than SF. Unsurprisingly those who liked Science Fiction over fucking soap opera-tier drama did not like it.

Captain Scarlet is the tits.

SGU*, obviously

BSG ballaced the two things a lot better though. Probably because there was constantly tension abord the Galactica, and there were no communication stones to ruin it.

BSG is certainly a better execution of the Soap Opera/Character Drama in Spaceā„¢ formula if that's your type of thing. If, however, you dislike that genre as most fans of SF (and thus SG-1/SGA) do they are both objectionable.

I'm fine with a little soap opera drama, as long as it feels appropriately placed