There's a commonality between all these characters

What is the commonality? The similarity? What is the name for characters like these?

In case anyone doesn't know them

All of them are overrated actors?

characters

I would say the similarity is that all three were ordinary working citizens who channelled their anger and frustrations with their lives and society to create an alter-ego who brought them their rise and downfall.

I would say they are Byronic Heroes because they are anti-heroes whose dark, mysterious passion fuels their drama in life, and they are all very romanticized characters because the audience views them as cool and likeable despite their darkness, as their frustrations are mirrored in the lives of the average citizen.

they all have at least 2 things in common

whynotboth.gif

"Office worker everyman stuck in dead-end job who snaps".

See also:

Wanted
Office Space
The Amazing Misadventures of Dubsguy
Brazil

The word you're looking for is "Faggots"

SMALL GUY

Are you talking about American Psycho or something else? That wouldn't really count because Bateman wasn't a normal average guy but incredibly rich and succesful.

It's the corruption tv trope.

The bad part is that somehow this destructive behavior is seen as the only way to rebel. None of this characters have rebelled and brought something better to his fellow man, but only destruction.

They are paragons of half truths.

But it was still about the 80's corporate world, and him being a product of it. I don't think it's saying that living in that world made him insane exactly, but all the qualities are there. I've seen some interpretations that he never actually committed any of the murders.

meme characters

How long until they reboot Breaking Bad with Idris Elba as Walter and the sheboon from Ghostbusters as Skyler?

Well, there's already a South American version that's basically a shot-for-shot remake.

It's like…a pyrrhic victory 4 tragic heroes in a post modern critique of consumerist pre-modern nostalgic delusions of modernity revealing the inherent evil of the common white male because YOU JUST KNOW and it really makes you think. In other words:
JEWS

>Byronic Heroes
You have to go back.

You have to go back too.

Destruction of the state is a noble & lofty goal.

You have to go back.

They're all just like me.

Polyamory = cucking

I think you could put this guy in that category too, he was a soulless wreck by the third day and living under false identities was his specialty.

While Jack is certainly a badass he is also dead inside I am fairly sure. He is basically just running on his military training/instinct the whole show.

It's "white cishet male giving in to their nature".

It really makes you think.

Who thinks this? It's no real question that all these characters could of done something different by simply not taking action or just by taking different action.
Walter White could have just gotten the cancer treatment, been beloved by his community and eventually gotten funding from that one couple that offered it to him and either got out of the drug trade real quick or never got into it.
He would of died quietly.

Tyler Durden could have kept going to the therapy things and ignored Bertha or he could started fight club and kept it a small thing where people got together and took out their problems in terms of hand to hand combat. He didn't have to take it as far as he did but he did.

D-Fens could have found another job where he was treated like shit and kept going home to mother till she died and kept trying to beg his wife to see his kid again.

The point of these characters aren't what they could of done in order to stay good-two-shoes, but rather what would happen if you didn't do the 'right' thing? Would the world be in a better place? They live out what many wish they could do in their everyday lives. Society is poisoned, not in the way feminists think about it, but you think about the common reasons these characters are the way they are, Walter White is a man who basically didn't act like one most of his life, he went along to get along. His bad decisions (selling his share of the company) haunted him his whole life. While his good decisions were met with ingratitude, a disabled son and lung cancer (for someone who didn't smoke). There comes a point where you look at the bad things you've done in your life and ask yourself if things would have been better if you didn't do those things. I'm of the opinion that everything happens for a reason and even though these things were bad, would it have been better if they never happened?

checked

I really don't think you can call it that, that's giving away characters that mean more then that to people who don't deserve them.

Stopped reading there.

This is me. Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It’s me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you’d see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say “Yup, that’s me”. I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I’m assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I’ve found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It’s really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it’s almost like we’re identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

Walter White = Imperialistic madman on a mission to build a meth empire
D fens = Crazy asshole who is fed up with the government
Tyler = Edgy nihilist that hates the system

have. could have