/got/ general - off-season #5

My wife's son edition
Previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-completes-investigation-hillary-clintons-personal-email-server/story?id=40346712
tagthesponsor.com/home
atlnightspots.com/instagram-models-pissed-dubai/
crazydaysandnights.net/2016/01/todays-blind-items-bani-is-in-town.html
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Snow/Theories
twitter.com/Maisie_Williams/status/750391783645929472
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for GRRM

FUCK GRRM

More like "its no chapter time"

Awesome, the recipe is complete now :)

So Maisie was really just promoting GoT there?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

does Sam's wife's son have down's syndrome?

Pls post :)

No idea honestly, she will probably shill R'hlol to Dany next season and hopefully getting nekkid in the process, haha. It felt like she was supposed to have another scene in S6 but it was cut in editing room.

For being a product of Craster's pedo incest factory, he looks fine

How many times have they switched the baby now? Isnt he supposed to be like 3 years old by now?

What are the prerequisites to get one? Do I need to send money to immigrants?

hnnng
this. it felt stupid that she only got a single scene.

1. print out pic related
2. jizz on it
3. post pic

reminder that 11 TWOW chapters have now been released

assuming it's slightly longer than ADWD, it might have 77 chapters, i.e. we've already read one seventh of TWOW and the story has not progressed at all

what worries me even more is that there's a POV with a second chapter where nothing happens.

I'm very interested in her character's development :)

To Maisie?!

Is any of those chapters good?

depends. did you like those Brienne chapters in Feast where literally nothing happens?

they're not even TWOW chapters, just ones that were cut from ADWD because they were too boring. I'm not even sure gurm has written a single page of TWOW.

What's the verdict? What went right and what went wrong?

Which ASOIAF/GoT character would most likely spy on the King for his/her own interest and then get pardoned by the Master of Whispers regardless?

abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-completes-investigation-hillary-clintons-personal-email-server/story?id=40346712

For entire S6, top 5 and bottom 5 in no particular order:
Hold the door
Bastardbowl
Buildup to sept explosion
Tarly dinner
Thorne, Olly and Marsh hanging
Honorable mentions - Arya vs Waif Ep7/Ep8, Mormont loli, theatre troupe, The Hound, Tommen's suicide, Dorne cancelled
Dany/Yara scene
Euron
Tyrion
Dany burning the temple
Dorne in Ep1
Dishonorable mentions - every Dany scene except the one with Jorah, not finishing the season with sept explosion and Darth Cersei, Cleganebowl cancelled

4/5
S4 > S1 > S6 > S3 > S5 >S2

I was going to say you have good taste until I saw the order you put the seasons in.

it ended instead of going on forever

Good list, but why'd you put s4 first and s2 last?

top jej

Because he is a show only fag so S2 was bad for him

S3 and S6 are interchangeable in the ranking, S6 had more memorable moments but also more silly stuff. S4 and S1 are the only 5/5 seasons for me :)
What is your season ranking, Master of Lore?

But I'm a showfag as well and I thought s2 was the best one.

She was likely eating shit, getting pissed on and having sex with dogs.

I've read the books twice, ACOK is an excellent book and D&D didn't handle it well at all. The abortion that was Dany's storyline in S2 is the single worst thing in entire GoT. Next to no character development except Theon and overall boring and useless season that could have been skipped or compressed to a third of its running time.

Everything about Dany is an abortion. You can remove every single page of her POV and nothing would change. That's how much she has to do with the main plot.

She was always shit, if they cut out her POVs in the book and just had the occasional news from across the sea we wouldnt miss a thing.

sounds pretty fucking haram tbh

Bravo Martin!

S4 had the best happennings as far as plot is concerned, and best pacing, editing and cinematography. Didn't you like it?

tagthesponsor.com/home
atlnightspots.com/instagram-models-pissed-dubai/

because she enters the main story once she invades Westeros, which means her entire storyline before that is prequel, ie. pointless.

Maisie a shit, Arya had potential in the books but is total garbage in the show

S-surely Sophie wouldn't do this? For 40K…

I'll beat you up with a stick

But the battle of Blackwater had a cool adaption, Theon was good like you said, Arya and Tywin were in their prime and everything in King's Landing was top tier. S2 had a lot going for it.

God I am so glad that Dany is finally getting a fucking move on and getting to Westeros.

The more I recall of it, the better it seems, yet it still somehow didn't resonate with me. Perhaps it's because of how glum things looked for the Starks at that point and how little they got compared to the Lannisters, in which case it's just me having favourites in the cast.
For me, seasons 1-3 were a great hat trick.

Useless arch in the show, they cut out the one thing giving it meaning

I'm just gonna start calling her Coldsteel.

It's a tough one because the seasons became more and more inconsistent as time went along.

S1 = S2 > S3 > S4 > S6 > S5

True enough, even for low Dany standards S2 was the bottom though. I don't think GRRM is good at writing magic, but House of the Undying is a fantastic passage that was ruined in show. Not to mention they included stuff that should have been cut, and vice versa. Otherwise D&D are pretty good at choosing stuff to omit.

>Season 2 is still better than most of the rest of the show

Are you trying to upset me?

even if I liked her that wouldn't make the Arya vs. Waif sequence any less retarded

Can't do book Undying; it would spoil too much.

don't forget, S2 Tyrion was best Tyrion

How can it spoil things that have already happened?

crazydaysandnights.net/2016/01/todays-blind-items-bani-is-in-town.html

What reason is there to believe that this is true?

I think they just didn't feel like casting the characters involved in Dany's trip

Book Undying would have made the events of the Red Wedding, Renly's death, Jaime's true reason for killing Aerys, and probably Jon's parentage (because D and D would handle it with the subtlety of a brick), Euron killing his brother.

First for being in Maisie with love

That too; they didn't want to write themselves into a corner if they had to cut out Euron and Aegon later.

hahaha banis

Yeah, but that's all been revealed already, so who cares? It's not like showfags would be able to make heads or tails of all the crazy bullshit without prior knowledge.

GEG

DUBBLE BENIS

Why is she dressed like a Powerpuff Girl?

Hello there

It's not as le shocking ebin tweest if people are expecting the massacre of a King and then it happens one season later.

Also on a slightly related note:
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Snow/Theories

God Elio and Linda, give it up and stop being butthurt bookspergs, the show spoiled it. Get over it and put Jon Snow's parentage on the main page.

It's fashion, user

Hello :) Do you possess any Maisie pics from the Beyonce concert? You implied it in previous thread.

Haha

because she likes to puff powder

What would that thing be?

jdimsa

I get what you're saying, but you're acting like there weren't 200 clues to the Red Wedding before it was going to happen. Besides, like Balon so eloquently said before he died, he was the last king standing. And then he died.
So every king wound up massacred. Besides, they already did a crazy flashback sequence with Bran, they could have done the same with Dany and condensed all of her visions from the book into about 15 flashing seconds. Sure, people would dig through the screencaps and analyze it, but the people who do that already know what to expect anyway.

There's a compromise that could have been found between spoiling too much and having Dany walk into a room with dragons and have them breath fire through her and roast a teleporting wizard. The atmosphere was completely different as well.

Okay, cut that if you want, but don't tell us fireball elves are any better.

I agree with you too, and I think it would've been fine to see, but this was one of D and D's rationalisations. The other is that they don't want too much because it'd alienate normalfags; it's why they've changed their minds over the years and we've gotten magic but so jarringly. The books for all their faults have a sliding scale of magic that'd likely end in Dragons vs. Others vs. Demon Euron.

The other reason is they'd have to adapt things like Aegon if they did it, and they didn't want to write themselves into a corner because they're cheap cunts.

I bet they're still holding out on it in hopes of gurm going with the Ashara version because it's a more obscure(=retarded) theory that involved more overanalyzing.

Can't find the other 1, have a Maisielegs instead

in the books she discovered her warging powers while being blind

I wish they had Aegon. Shipping Tyrion over to Dany so quickly ruined both his and Barristan's storylines, and it would've damaged Dany's if it wasn't already a horrible clusterfuck.

jesus christ

/thread

Elves are kind of crucial to the plot (WWs origins), Darkstar, LSH and moose are not. Keeping the anime elements to a minimum if possible.

I don't even like Cat that much, but she is always cunt deep in political intrigue.

Maisie is best

In the show, she used her blind training to kill the Waif, it had a meaning in the end too.

No. You have a shit taste

Damn, that's an enire Tumblr squad with her

I wish I could do that

Yeah, that's why I did save only 2 pics, but I can't find the other

One of the very few highlights of S2

Why do we need to do that? Answer: to appease normalfags. Well, it makes for a sterile story imo.

What you have to understand is that D and D are cheap. The reason they cut all these things is because they all have one thing in common: new, extra and interesting characters who have lines.

Say what you want about AFFC Brienne but she meets different people who have different perspectives on the world and thus would require you to pay actors more expensively than an extra. Same for Sansa's Vale plot. Especially so for Aegon's plot and Tyrion's travel adventures, which, again, you might not like, but this is why they were cut.

It's not because D and D are 'fixing' GRRM's work, it's because they are cheap and don't want to pay extra actors.

what's that? the last time someone found Lena attractive?

You don't have to be a normalfag to have a low tolerance for anime and anime-like elements. 4ch/8ch are weeaboo forums and majority of people even here consider it a very bad and juvenile taste.

You're the one calling it anime like elements just because it's high fantasy, dude. It's the same mentality D and D have; that only neckbears will enjoy such a thing.

But he's a harmless cuddly old man, just look at him :3

So that means he can't find a woman attractive?

He can't find his dick under all the lard.

she's one of the most annoying characters in the entire series, every version of her.

I was refering to Darkstar, Lady Stoneheart and moose, not magic in general. There have been fantasy elements in every single season, I don't feel like the show is suffering by the lack of it.

That's why I didn't cared when she died. Neitehr I cared for Robb. The only one I was feeling sad for was Oona Chaplin, because I found her hot

If you read it knowing she's actually a bit of a despicable person and you hate her hypocrisy, it can get fun.

Funny how the two motheriest mothers in the series (Cersei and Catelyn) are actually despicable mothers despite it being their 'most redeeming quality'.

Oh come on, you're being silly.Characters ride dragons, Oberyn and Darkstar are expies of one another, and Benjenhands is half rotted like Cat.

You're just being biased.

It was nice, but come on, we were robbed of Roose and his leeches for it. Charles Dance is a fantastic actor, but leeches, man.

Don't forget that time she took the midget hostage for no good reason other than her deluded suspicions.

I would argue that Cat's most redeeming quality is her cunning political mind. This is the woman who pulled one over on Tyrion Lannister, who completely and utterly outwitted him at every turn until they got to the Vale. She knew not to trust Frey, she knew what the most important duties of Jeyne were, she knew Ned should never have gone south, and she knew that she can never directly tell her husband or sons any of this in public without damaging their political station.
Cat's not an awful person, nor is she stupid. She, like so many other characters in this series, has a glaring, crippling weakness that was exploited. Just like Littlefinger.

Rudest post ITT

So smart, so strong, so independent.

Given the information available to her at the time, it was a gamble. If Tyrion was guilty which even Cat wasn't totally sure of, then she can get justice for her children and keep her family safe while averting war because Tyrion actually did it. But if he was innocent, then… well, we saw what happened.

There was definitely no way for her to know that would cause Jaime to attack Ned's men in the streets.

Yes, that's how women utilized their power in medieval times. Are you surprised?

Yeah, not like Jaime is his brother or anything.

Tell me, how old were you when you realized you were a white knighting cuck?

Oberyn is a fleshed out character with motivations and traits, showing his extravagance and arrogance while being human. Darkstar is something they considered in Bethesda Softworks as Oblivion NPC but then decided Japanese market isn't worth such risk.

In some ways she's clever, in other ways she's irrationally stupid. Whilst she knew how to take a dwarf hostage, she had horrible evidence to do so, and was better off playing it clandestine.

She would have doomed her House and the North by recommending Robb's heir be some random matrilineal Starks in the Vale, for example. But as I said earlier, her leaving behind the kids that actually need her, as well as abusing Arya and Sansa (in opposite ways), really ruined her House.

Like I said, even as a mother, Cat is horrible.

I literally said the opposite in the post you're quoting, user.
ASOIAF House of the Undying: 10/10
Mance's amulet and ninja waifus: baka

I didnt hate her because she was a cunt, I hated her because she was a dumb, annoying cunt. there's only so many idiot Starks my brain can process.

Yes, she made a lawful arrest to bring Tyrion to trial and was well within her rights to do so, as she wants to make him wait for the king's justice, not her own.
And yes, Jaime is his brother. So? Jaime never would have done what he did if Ned hadn't coincidentally resigned from his position as Hand that very same day. Without the power of his office to protect him, an event that Catelyn could never have foreseen, Ned was painting a huge target on his back. Your third statement isn't even an argument.

Try again, and this time try not to use information Cat had no access to. If only she was as omnipotent as the reader, then all of this would have been easily avoided.

Also might I add that her freeing Jaime Lannister was

a) Foolish because who knew if Brienne, Cleos and he would survive

and b) Foolish because Robb would have NO bargaining chip; what is compelling the Lannisters to return the girls? Nothing. They could just execute Brienne and Jaime and be done with it.

And this is indeed what Jaime thinks before he grows some honour and turns Neddy.

She was playing it clandestine, but then Tyrion went and recognized her. Go open your book, mate, she was literally minding her own business until Tyrion walked into the inn and called her out by name.

Nigger, she used her pussy pass to con a bunch of well meaning guys into abducting an innocent man to face a "trial" in the court of her sister.

By dragging him to her sister's court and stacking the deck against him. The only reason Tyrion survives is because he outsmarts her in the end.

Imagine what he would have done if Cat had managed to get the dwarf killed.

She had no access to any information. She merely suspected the midget because she didn't like him.

If only she wasn't a cunt, if only the fantasy genre wasn't filled with white knighting betas…

What's her other option? Jon?

What was he supposed to do? Pretend he doesn't know the woman, when they had met not a few months back? Insult the wife of the Warden of the North and Hand of the king?

Uh, no, she suspected him because Littlefinger told her Tyrion did it! Now, you and I both know that Littlefinger is a total slimeball who can never be trusted, but this is the man who was raised with her since they were kids. Littlefinger's sketchy, but Cat has no reason to suspect he would lie to her.

Tyrion? Tyrion didn't even know he was a suspect for anything. He just tried to say hi and got arrested for it. I guess you can say he should've kept going past the inn, but even Cat thinks that before she arrests him.
Is making a lawful arrest against the man you think tried to kill your child a bad thing, now?

Yes Jon. Put aside the bias for a second and realise that the castle trained Stark blooded child would be the better ruler for the North to rally behind than randoms from 1000 miles away.

I feel like you've missed a few steps in logic here. Why was this rational?

yeah I think her freeing Jaime was the point where I fucking trashed her forever and started praying for her death.

My internet connection died

You're getting your timeline mixed up. The incident at the crossroads happened after Cat had already left King's Landing and suspected Tyrion for hiring someone to kill her son.
And her bias is hardly unfounded. In the history of Westeros, legitimizing bastards has, in 10 out of 10 cases, been an absolutely horrible fucking idea that resulted in ruin for everyone involved. I'd be paranoid, too.

Your Honor, I rest my case.

Yeah, sure, and she obviously thinks his word alone is justification enough to abduct a noble from a fellow house for shit and giggles.

Let me make it plain. In the best case, this would have cost her, and her husband, plenty, because she has fuckall as proof, and you need proof beyond any possible doubt to get away with something like this. At worst, this means outright war.

Does this sound like Cat thought her shit through?

Yup. Truly a criminal mastermind trying to get away with the attempted murder of a child. Not that Cat could figure out why anyone would kill Bran when there's Robb and Rickon and Jon even still walking around.

That was retarded, but nothing screams greek tragedy like every single thing the Starks have done this entire series.

She didn't abduct him. She legally called on her father's bannermen to detain him until he could be brought before a court of law and tried fairly. Of course, this is a front so nobody suspects she's heading east to fuck his shit up, but he was still tried fairly in the end and found innocent of his crimes.
She followed all the legal procedures of Westeros, don't bother trying to bring contemporary ethics and legality into it. Plus, if you'd read the book, you'd know she knows house Stark is going to war. It is fully within her head that Ned is going to spark a war with his investigations and she needs to get ready for it.

That's fine, be paranoid, but I'm saying it isn't rational paranoia; what's Jon gonna do once legitimize? Kill the remaining Starks that are all dead anyway?

It doesn't matter what Jon does. What about Jon's sons? Or his sons? It's a bigger picture than just Jon, it's Jon and every male that could come out of his frozen ballsack. If Jonny 2 thinks that Winterfell is his, Robb's kids be damned, then that's a real bad situation that could've been avoided.

*legitimized

I like Cat as a character; she's a little bit too introspective for my taste, but she's okay if you accept her as a flawed person. She's much more morally 'good' than Cersei that's for sure. It's just that her qualities as a mother aren't very good, even in that world.

that's what you get for living in a third world shitpile

On nothing but her word alone.

Yeah, that was a fair trail, sure.

Only because he was smart enough to pick his "champion" well, not because the trial was fair by any stretch of the imagination.

Complete fucking bullshit. And even if that were the case, what she did precipitates events before her supposed preparations are ready, catching her house with their pants down. But I guess she, and cucks like you, could care less men are going to die just so she can have her hissy fit.

But why would Jonny 2's kids think Winterfell'd be theirs if the will only says 'until my own heir comes of age'.

Does Cat really think Jon would birth such evil children? That's even worse; this is the boy who grew up with her SONS, if she truly thinks this she's kidding herself and wilfully blind - he'd do anything for them and would NEVER raise a kid to contest the claim of a rightful cousin's heir. Again, an understandable opinion too have, but far from rational.

Personally, I find Cat more interesting because of her flaws. It's her motherhood that becomes her downfall. It's Ned's honor that kills him. It's Robb's integrity that kills him. Even Jon, trying his hardest to be the fantasy hero he was meant to be, gets killed because of the values and ideals that make him Jon.

Seriously, it's a straight up Greek tragedy, complete with random, impossible twists of fate designed purely to fuck your whole shit up.

As we all know, Cat is not the most rational person where her kids are involved. She's pretty good at everything else, though.

You don't seem to get how trial by combat works. It's fair by default, because you're being tested by the gods, not men. If your guy dies, then you're guilty regardless of the evidence, and it goes the other way. There's a reason it's been an accepted form of legal recourse for hundreds of years in Westeros. Respect their culture, you fucking savage.

It's her petty need for revenge that fuck her, and her family up. Lady Stoneheart is the embodiment of what Cat truly is, a petty, vicious creature.

It's his idiocy that kills him. Ned picks and chooses when he wants to be honorable. He lies about Jon, he lies to Jon (because it is easier to fool him than to let him make an informed decision), he throws his honor away the moment they threaten his daughters.

Yeah, what a swell guy. I'm sure he told himself he was doing the honorable thing (so much like his father!), when he just so happens to pick the "honorable" choice that would let him fuck his lady love in peace, instead of owning up to previous commitments and oaths made, or thinking about what is best for his subjects.

Ned is a hypocrite.

Yet when Tyrion asks for someone to champion for him nobody is willing, because they want him to be killed.

Stay a cuck.

You can talk shit about Cat all day, but I will not stand for this slander of the good and just Eddard Stark, you shit eating cunt.

Yeah, that makes Tyrion guilty. It's a stupid system to us, but we're not medieval serfs, either.

No, it makes the trial a sham. Cat chose the Vale specifically because she knew that Tyrion had the highest chance of dying there, trial by combat or not.

You're defending the actions of a hysterical woman, that keeps fucking up time and again, by trying to paint them as some shrewd political maneuvering on her part.

This is the woman that let Jamie Lannister go because he gave her a sad speech. Next you'll tell me Dany is a wise ruler.

I do enjoy that analysis.

Ned's honour doesn't kill him imo; he throws it away at the last second. This is the common misconception people have of Ned; I think what killed Ned was mercy; he has a (quite noble, sure) complex like Jon that children are blameless and innocent and cannot come to harm. That the life of a child is precious even if said child is born of incest/is dragonspawn.

The same reason Jon doesn't kill Ygritte.

Okay, maybe refusing Renly is his honour killing him, but really it's a mixture of the two, with more-so the kid killing thing imo. But he thought Cersei would be like him and less cavalier about her children, and assumed he has the City Watch because he trusted Littlefinger which was the truly idiotic thing to do, but as that user said, book LF is very different and quite trustable.

*Because she thought that he would play fair in war and return her daughters (one of which she wasn't even sure they had)

No, where else was she supposed to take him. South to King's Landing, right back into Lannister hands? West, to… what, Renly? The Westerlands? Or should she have headed over 1000 miles down the kingsroad to get back to Winterfell, where everyone will expect her to take him? Who else can Cat trust?

too much of that shit, and it starts screaming idiot plot instead.

Ned is an imbecile. Machiavelli does a good job of arguing that a "honorable" ruler is a shit ruler. The job of a king/noble is not to live up to the (Christian) ideal, but to keep peace and stability in his lands.

His very position demands of him that he be morally flexible and willing to get his hands dirty, because his duty is not to be a moral paragon, but to ensure the well being of his subjects and make the land prosperous.

Ned fails in every aspect in that regard. Tywin is actually what a real ruler is supposed to be, because he isn't some virtue signaling cuck, he understands what his responsibilities are. Hell, Ned's greatest crime is that the only thing of importance he taught his spawn is MUH HONOR, and that memetic idiocy got all of them killed.

He sure was merciful to all them deserters. Guess his mercy only applies to his family. Truly, a paragon of honor.

Cersei actually did think of her children first, not her moral posturing. She played dirty specifically because she was more concerned with winning and securing the lives of her children than treating intrigue like a fucking soccer match, with rules and "fairness".

If Ned had had a shred of common sense he'd have captured her and the children and made sure no harm came to them, while keeping them politically neutered.

Littlefirnger straight out told him to not trust anyone. Him and Renly both urged him to start the coup before Cersei could marshal support. Ned instead chose to act like an idiot, and Littlefinger dropped his stupid ass.

She's a coalburner m8, no seriously, look it up.

She cucked the guy who played Robb with some nigger.

Yeah, you're right. For all his honor, he still could have made it out of King's Landing in one piece if he hadn't taken mercy on Cersei's kids. Either way, my point is that its the virtue and hubris of the Starks that lead to the near complete destruction of their house. Classical hubris.

You're right. Ned misunderstood the position of Hand, badly utilized his immense political power, and faced the consequences. You'll find that Tyrion, a much more successful hand, does understand the full scope of his power and had Machiavellian cunning to cement his position within KL's political structure. He was benevolent when it benefited him and ruthless when it was necessary.

However, don't be so quick to call Tywin a real ruler. There's a reason that immediately after he dies everything starts falling apart. A man like Tywin who controls everything with an iron fist invites a power vacuum when they die, while a man like Ned who fosters symbiotic relationships with his lieges is fondly remembered after his death to the point where his bannermen will throw themselves behind his son in revenge.

It's two different styles of rule for two different political climates. It's not that simple.

They weren't weak little children/women. He has a complex about that, as I said.

Daenerys and the Lannister kids aren't his family. Though I suppose Daenerys is his brother in law's sister which makes them kin, though I don't think Ned consciously thinks that.

Maybe she shouldn't have abducted him in the first place. Maybe she should have thought her shit through. Maybe she should have stopped being a woman.

The plot died a horrible death by book 3, when GRRM realized he had no fucking idea what he was doing. I can't believe he sustained the story, where none of the good guys win because they keep acting like imbeciles and not doing anything, for five books.

It took Jon two whole books to figure out if he was gonna ride against Bolton, it took him even longer to figure out what to do with the Others, and then Martin just cockblocks any sort of plot momentum by killing him.

I guarantee you the fat faggot will need an additional two books to wrap things up with the pace he's going, if he doesn't die by book 6.

it was fair enough for him to have an out and they actually let him go after. sounds more fair than the trials in King's Landing tbh.

Maybe, but like I said, it was a calculated risk. She knew damn well what she was doing as well as what would happen because of it. She even thinks about it.

The mannis still hasn't been killed off in the books, all my hopes are on him tbh.

Look, I'm not trying to say Cat is perfect or blameless or anything, only that her detaining Tyrion at the crossroads makes sense with the information she's been given and the situation that was forced upon her.
If you thought a man had paid someone to kill your child and he was standing right in front of you, would you let him slip through your fingers without doing anything, even if you didn't have an airtight case against him? And you say I'm the cuck?

At least book Jon is shrewd enough not to be an idiot with the Karstark plot (though you could argue it led to his stabbing).

One thing he should've listened to Ned about is to sit and talk with your sub-ordinates. He spends all of ADWD telling everyone to obey and not trying to make the conservatives like Marsh see why they should obey.

Bronn was protected by the gods because of Tyrion's innocence. What's not fair about that?

They'd have done it for Tywin as well. It's a matter of honor, not a matter of liking the guy in power. Not that I don't think plenty of them liked Tywin.

There's only one political climate. Just because Ned is too stupid to figure it out doesn't mean it's not in the North as well.

Ned is put in a position of power and everything starts to unravel. Tywin dies and everything goes to shit.

Just shows who the more deserving of power between the two is. Do you think Tywin would have given two shits the king's children weren't his? He would have found that shit out, likely squirreled it away someplace safe to possibly use at a latter date and kept business going as usual.

His objection to assassinating Dany was tied to the practice of assassination. It wasn't mercy, it was MUH HONOR, which, again, shows his stupidity, because Dany and her brother were busy assembling a Mongol rape horde to bring over for cultural enrichment.

Apparently he wasn't shrewd enough to explain to his subordinates why letting the Others accumulate another few thousand bodies was a bad idea. That's what most of his chapters in book 5 were, his constant inability to explain this one fucking simple bit of evidence. That, and trying to work his way out of Ned's retarded shadow.

Oh yeah, that's why everyone is rallying around his oldest child to cement Lannister power, right?

Are you a communist, by any chance? Are you retarded? Is this a fucking joke? You know Westeros doesn't have phones or the internet, right?

what did Ned gain there exactly?

an erection

Well, if Robert hadn't died, then he would have done one of two things.

Tywin tried to trap him, but in the end, it was Ned who had the upper hand. When Kevan fell upon Beric and his men, that would have been the death sentence for House Lannister had other… unfortunate incidents not happened.

Oddly enough, they actually made Ned even smarter in the show about this, where he DIRECTLY calls for Tywin to answer for Gregor's crimes. Tywin was 200% fucked until Cersei came through for him.

wew, truly a political mastermind

Uh, no, I said it was a masterstroke. Not a master plan.
And oh no, Ned wasn't prepared for the king to get his guts spilled open on his wife's word! What an idiot!

expecting the Lannisters to just stand around while his open power play happens was fucking retarded.

though not as retarded as confronting Cersei about Jaime and revealing his flight plan to her.

Yeah, why can't Ned predict the future? Fucking idiot. He had it coming.

yes, this really took superpowers to predict

You saw Robert's death coming, then?

Those are your second trips itt

of coursh

Disappointing, but she still looked hot in the series

Truly, a genius.

His biggest mistake was trusting Littlefinger.
Never trust Littlefinger.

Especially when Littlefinger is the guy telling you not to trust Littlefinger.

If a man always lies and says he's lying to you, do you accept that as truth, or is he lying about lying to you?

I assume he's lying all the fucking time, and even if he is telling the truth, there is a catch.

It sure is hothead day here

It's like that shitty riddle, except the guy that always lies to you also wants to kill you and fuck your wife.

Why do you promote someone to Hand of the King before chopping his head off?

That's why accidents happen.

if I take your head off, will you die?

It would be extremely painful.

It would be extremely shocking

UUUU

Tywin is that you?

a man can just dream

no his wife does

What is wrong with her?

Hey Holla Forums, you'll love this

twitter.com/Maisie_Williams/status/750391783645929472

Did other member of the cast cry about Brexit btw?

Kit did.

Maisie will never be your cleaning lady

You own a bridge, boss? Do you make the peasants pay brdige money to cross it?

>while Michelle Obama was in the room watching us
it was still prime, but why does there always have to be weird shit in dreams?

I wish I was rich enough to make that happen. I guess this is why they made the GoT characters so annoying, so that oligarchs would pay more to go Pepe on them. Just imagine the satisfaction of making Kelly C eat out your butthole.

I swear, if you don't stop it, Maisiefags, I will Jorahpost. Or I would, if you weren't immune to it.

So, what's up with Preston's bizarre hatred of the institution and concept of monarchy? I'm not even a monarchist myself, but I don't get his whole thinking that it's the worst political system. Is he a Communist or something?

let's change that

he's super butthurt because there's still one seat of power not occupied by STRONK WIMMIN

Did you ask him? I'm sure if you brought it up he'd agree there are some worse ones.

HOLY SHIT

is this video real?

It's from some film, I don't recall the name. I don't think they're actually having penetrative sex, I think it's just simulated, but I might be wrong.

dang. I wish it was still the seventies, when sex was real and no one batted an eye if a film had naked 15-year-olds in it

I loved that video where he got super-butthurt at his own commenters and subscribers submitting Q&A's calling out the show's feminist narrative, and he accidentally showed his power level by bitching about how men have no right to complain about feminism, and compared it to anti-Semitism.

Why are so many pro-feminists either unmarried or suck at raising children?

top kek I actually missed that. which one was it?

wew, that's one salty cuck

My mistake, he actually doesn't use the term "Anti-semitism", but he does say something along the lines of "If you're going to celebrate Passover, you best invite a Jew." meaning that if you're going to criticize or discuss feminism, there better be an actual woman involved, or else you're just sexist or appropriating or something.

oh right, I remember the passover line now.

Translation: only 'oppressed' groups get to talk about equality.

Exact SJW rhetoric.

Can you guys stop giving that retard any views? Why post his vids every thread if you hate him so much
Or is it a mirror? I aint clicking that shit to find out

wew, he's not even trying to hide it

pls don't remind me of that again, it reminds me of arguing with people who dislike classic hero/anti-hero protagonists.

I just recently started really noticing this a few years ago. What the fuck is up with that anyway? Is it have to do with Frankfurt School/Critical Theory or something?

I thought he was just commenting on the fact that people tend to root for characters they can identify with.

SJWs and of course pic related. Guess who is behind the SJWs as well?

SJWs trying to subvert masculinity anywhere and everywhere, and being assblasted over the classic male hero archtype's unchanging popularity.

And that he doesn't like this because it makes them boring.

In identity politics, a protagonist that has the virtues that make the West great (cunning, strength, masculinity, overcoming adversity despite low odds, resourcefulness, Western appearance) is to be demonized.

In other words, wanting to read or enjoy stories through such a protagonist is white privilege.

In other words, video related.

Carl pls, we've all seen your stupid video already

if he was just commenting on that, he wouldn't have used the FUCKING WHITE MALE line

he sure as fuck hates feudal monarchy and thinks it's stupid. I guess he's a current year liberal who's much smarter than those stupid shitlords in the olden times who built European civilization.

I think he's projecting; I think he claims GRRM hates it a lot because he (Preston) hates it a lot.

yeah he really seems obsessed with gurm's supposed strong librul message.

Yeah probably.

The ones saying this often have a deep derision for traditional male qualities.

Gurm is definitly a huge swarmy shitlib but he is smart enough to not smear his politics everywhere ( its more about the background and implications with him tbh)

I know he's a shitlib, I just think he puts way less emphasis on his politics than on his food.

Eh, it worked at the time. Sucked ass for most people, to be sure, but I'm 99% a medieval peasant would say the same thing about Egypt and its slaves. In lieu of better technology, we just made up for it with massive amounts of forced labor.
It is what it is.

I always got the feeling GRRM really subscribes to Tyrion's method of politics, which is actually Machiavellian, unlike Tywin, which is the public perception of Machiavellianism.
I mean, Tyrion gains a bit of power and immediately puts it to good use while dealing with his political enemies in a sudden and decisive manner. I would argue that few people know how to utilize their political station better than Tyrion, the dwarf who is always so aware of the power structures going on around him.

Well, assuming they had enough education to know that.
The clerics probably said the same thing about Egypt and its slaves, then.

it did, but it could've been worse, like getting their shit raided all the time by local warlords and foreign barbarians because there was no one to protect them. most people prefer shit working conditions to getting slaughtered and raped.

of course shitlibs hate on feudalism because they cannot into historical context

Historical context is very important about these kinds of things.
Is slavery bad? Sure, to us, in today's day and age. Well, maybe not us, depending on your political leaning, but you know what I mean. When we have machines able to multiply the amount of labor one man can do a hundred times over, just from a pragmatic point of view, it's a waste, to say nothing of the morals.

The same thing applies to feudalism and the monarchy. To us, passing down your government to one person regardless of their merit or mental ability seems ludicrous, yet back then, it was one of the few ways to maintain order and a safe transition of power when a ruler dies. Giving the crown to someone like Joffrey is a bad idea, but as we've seen, the emergence of civil war is far worse. And I'm sure the same is going on now. I can't imagine what someone in 500 years will think when they look back at us.

They'll think 'those kaffir really were decadent, I'm glad we bombed all their kaffir libraries and research institutes for being haram'.

I almost thought about making an "everybody speaks Aramaic" joke, but that seemed too easy.

Please Phantasm, do Jorahposting, its better than these horrible amounts of munterposting

Spoiler that shit, even though less bad that quasimodoposting

oops, you're right

>me on topic

I'm still asshurt about how goddamn handsome he is in the show.

GoT husbandos welcome :)

Right about what, about how pretentious you and the rest of the quasimodofags are?

Not today

It's second world…

Maisie guides my digits

wew

Look at that. He's fucking gorgeous. And sympathetic. Why do you do this, D&D? Why do you make the worst pieces of shit into alright people we're supposed to like?

Try to post ending in 222 again

12 Maisies a day keep Reddit at bay

How is this even possible?

Why was he so fucking retarded?
This retarded battle was the most retarded scene from any movie I have ever watched.

David Benioff's biggest work before GoT was Troy.
You tell me.

From where do you get that ludicrous and stupid rationalization?

It's twice as good from this angle!

Try to post ending in 222 again

UUUU

Benioff's best work before GoT was 25th Hour, Gurm could learn a thing or two about working with your characters from that novel.

Maybe Benioff should stick to adapting his own work.

Tomorrow, haha

Please

Everyone knows there's only one real GoT youtube channel to follow.

Is Maisie politically correct?

top kek

wew lad

This one?

Fuckin' seriously?

Well, it was probably Marcus. Or you?

WE WUZ NITE KANGZ

What's wrong with Detroit?

>>>What's wrong with Detroit?

He's one of my favourites. I don't know why people hate him in both media.

I think he's also one of GRRM's favourites judging by all the shit he puts him through.

'Scuse you, my heart only goes out to loyal advisers. Stannis would be little without Ser Onionknight.

BLACKED

Jorah is many things.
Jorah is strong, resilient, wise in his own way, loyal, and cunning. Jorah is not a good man. He is selfish, obsessive, and unrepentant in everything he does. He kisses a girl less than half his age and still comes crawling back to her after she says she doesn't love him and to fuck off forever. He goes through hell and back just to be her bitch.
Jorah Mormont is an interesting character, a flawed character, but he is a horrible human being and I hope he eats shit and dies in slavery.

Seriously though, 4chan /got/ back in the day had some very kinky weirdos, it was simultaneously discomfiting and hilarious.

I like the weirdos more than the waifu-ists

He is a parable about how you need to move on, but you can't because love is stupid and blind. He's the mirror image of Daenerys in that regard.

GRRM has been cucked thoroughly; Jorah is one of his pets, a catharsis. Littlefinger is another.

Lmao

M'thread

What about the part where he sold poachers into slavery just so he could buy his wife some fancy trinkets? Not once does he ever show the slightest bit of remorse for what he did, no, he regrets getting caught. Poaching is probably the lowest offense a man can make against his lord, and Jorah completely ruined these men rather than actually mete out any justice. You know you're a piece of shit when other lords think you abused your lordly power.

You came just in time for a new one :)

Get on with it then

Please attention fag/got/s
Follow this link to a new thread!

It's Maisie Magic