A Lonely Place to Die
How I Live Now
Mad Max Fury Road
Stoker
Edge of Tomorrow

What should I watch now?

based on your taste, I'd recommend watching the business end of a shotgun

>>>/oven/

Alright then, pretend I like whatever stupid group of movies you like. Now…what should I watch?

your blood slowly filling a hot tub

It's impossible to enjoy anything around you faggots any more.

Is Stalingrad (2013) any good?

no

not as good as chocking in a plastic wrap. You should try that.

Are their any good movies? What are the titles of those?
Have any good movie come out in the last 5 years? What are the titles of those movies?

The Getaway (Sam Peckinpah)
Wild Bunch (Sam Peckinpah)
The Killer (John Woo)

He's a non-PC Tarantino that preceded Tarantino.

Zootopia is pretty decent

I've seen all of those but thank you. I enjoyed all three. I really like the Wild Bunch.

This scene makes me believe you.

Thank you for the recommendation

From these I saw Stoker and loved it, but people say it's only good if you never saw anything from Hitchcock. And I saw How I Live Now. Nice Saoirse Ronan in it and I liked the song at the end, but otherwise it was YA romantic shit.

Most of the other stuff semms like overrated stuff, like Drive.

So, I guess maybe something from Hitchcock? Or other shitty YA movies?

It's not Holla Forums approved

Wow. That is DISGUSTING. Racist, Homophobic, Fascist, Ignorant crap. It makes me sick. Inhuman. VILE! NO!

I'm with you, that's a good one.

Nah, that one fell short. I got more out of John Wick.

have you seen blue ruin?

How about Green Room, Blue Ruin, Nightcrawler, Snowpiercer, and It Follows? Also Enemy but only if you're okay with feeling nauseous for the whole movie

I didn't see most of the movies on that list but I did like MMFR, Cloverfield lane, and I guess Edge of Tomorrow was alright for what it was
yes I am completely aware that the plot was dumb, protagonists were retarded and had no reason to leave, antagonist was sort of a good guy, and that the setting doesn't really make sense in the first place. But anyone who denies the fact that it is an absurdly good looking movie with amazing art direction, music, and great action scenes is kidding themselves. People here just hate it because they're contrarian hipsters and "muh feminism"

why did Enemy make you ill? I liked it, not as good as the book though. they changed it a lot, the spider stuff was all new.

John Wick had Kevin Nash in it, which means it's objectively better than a film that doesn't have Kevin Nash

I liked it in the way that I like horror movies because the whole thing was incredibly unsettling. The yellow color pallete, toronto concrete buildings, strange music, and of course the oddly paced dreamlike story made the movie really unsettling. I describe it to people as how you would feel if you woke up in a dull, mostly empty concrete apartment in toronto with a lot of important things you were supposed to do today, except you are paralyzed and you have no idea when you'll ever be unparalyzed and feel very anxious about it.

I didn't read double though, did it explain more about the fetish club?

Also, >>>/rec/

Who said this again? Can't remember the meme origin on twatter.

I liked this movie

I want to marry Emily Blunt.

as an italian speaker it's a bit silly tbh
mainly because of the fake ass forced accent every actor speaks with

Blue Ruin
Under The Skin
Dredd
Enemy
The Master

It was Sam Neill's reaction on Twitter when someone showed him one of Ben Garrison's cartoons.

I should watch Under the Skin and The Master then because I really liked those other 3

Also forgot to mention The Shallows if you can forgive the first 15 minutes of "woo fun teenager surfing summer pop music yay!"

I was surprised by how varied the whole movie felt despite it pretty much all taking place on a couple small rocks, as well as some really good cinematography.

also you should check these out since it seems we have similar taste

I still need to see Snowpiercer. I liked Nightcrawler and just watched Green Room this morning and thought it was pretty good.

Victoria is from last year. I can recommend Under The Skin as well.

I want an action movie about a squad of people who destroy shit using tacticool teamwork and squad tactics. Something like The Expendables, but actually good. Is there anything like that?

The Expendables 2

Snowpiercer is kinda like the sci-fi revolution bits of hunger games but actually good, kinda like how Battle Royale is the hunger games part of the hunger games but actually good.

It isn't perfect and doesn't make a ton of sense upon close inspection, but it's self contained, has smartly played out action scenes, and certainly has an original setting. Its weakest element is characters which I generally care the least about as long as they aren't the focus (example against that would be Nightcrawler or The Shining which is exclusively about the characters)

other bong joon ho movies are even better tbh
especially this

thanks for the rec fam, I'll check it out

speaking of non anime Asian movies I strongly recommend "I Saw the Devil", "Oldboy" (2003 Korean one not the 2010 American shit), "Battle Royale", and "The Raid 1 and 2" to anyone who hasn't seen them.

yes, user, stalingrad is good. check out the older one as well, they both have thomas kretschmann as a german officer.

if you are going to mention blue ruin you should also mention Green Room which just came out.

I thought It Follows was vapid as fuck.
Why did you like that movie?

Original premise/monster, very good cinematography, great soundtrack, believable but still somewhat interesting characters, self contained, and it was quite scary in a way that I haven't seen capitalized on in a horror movie (but a way that a lot of people experience themselves in real life). The question you think when you're walking alone at night outside of a bar and you wonder if the guy 20 feet behind you is following you for some reason.

There are quite a few shots in the movie that just show the characters in a normal situation like at school as a person out of focus in the distance walks in their general direction, and it's easy to see yourself in the protagonist's situation where if some dude told you that a monster that looked like any arbitrary person was going to follow you and kill you, would you believe him and run out of the classroom just because some old lady is walking outside or would you try and suppress the fear and continue with your daily life?

I find it very hard to sympathize with the characters in most horror movies because they are either dumb or in a situation that is difficult to see yourself in, but everyone at some point in their life has been afraid that someone they see is following them. And for the dumb part I'd say the protagonists of It Follows actually played the whole thing pretty smart, or at least believably.

Green Room was excellent, I would love it if more thrillers were shot like horror movies because that movie scared me a lot more than the vast majority of horror movies I've seen, despite not intending to be a straight up horror movie. If someone saw a trailer that just didn't show any of the backwoods antagonists they'd definitely assume that it was some kind of monster flick or slasher.

Yeah, I definitely prefered Blue Ruin though.

Thats pretty much how I felt about Blue Ruin

Damn, I didn't expect an actual non-shitpost response for liking a movie on this board.

Personally I didn't notice the soundtrack at all, not even in an atmospheric sense, though I agree the cinematography was pretty good.

I did like the ambiguous ending where the two are walking down a street and the camera focuses on some person walking behind them.

Otherwise I mostly hated the characters about as much as I'd hate any other stupid horror movie character, and looked forward to their demise.

The scene where she first directly encounters the monster in her house and has to escape the fucker through the second floor window was pretty intense, I'll admit, but otherwise I thought it was about as uninteresting as most other horror movies overall.

I really did like the final conflict at the pool building though.

For the soundtrack, I'm glad Disasterpeace can be known for something else other than working on Fez.

If you're into waifu feels try ruby sparks.

embed related is god tier as far as horror movie music goes. It sounds super original and suits the scenes its in extremely well. The transitions after 0:30 and 1:00 still get to me despite hearing it quite a few times.

I like it.
Got a nice creepy vibe to it.
Not sure why I didn't notice that when I watched the movie, because I love creepy, atmospheric music.

Seriously, I don't recall hearing any music at all when I watched it.

I didn't really either, you aren't supposed to notice the best music in movies/games because it should blend really well. I had no idea that the music in Dark Souls and Bloodborne was so absurdly good until one day I did a boss fight without headphones and it was way less intense than it normally was. I died and put them back on then the fight was fun again.

Ewww, you're a fag.

Are you implying they're the same person?

Fucking LOL

Same, I dont remember the music.

wow, what a completely average looking woman.