Alien's worst plot hole

No sense of disbelief outlasts the absurdity of a "perfect" species, able to mature to 7ft in a matter of hours and whose eggs are basically immortal… and yet need to parasite a host to reproduce.

And they don't even consume that much of the host's biomass, which pales in comparison to their metabolism anyway, so it's not like they're "evolved but flawed". That biology was just written to justify a slasher movie in space, not unlike cartoon characters designed to be better massproduced as toys.

You mean a bioengineered weapon might have traits that enable it to grow quickly and use the people it's attacking as resources?

Of course it is.
Anyway if i'm not mistaken the entire point of this is that the Alien incubates in the host to help it adapt to the environment. The species isn't perfect, it takes on characteristics of its host.

The Alien in Alien 3 incubated in the body of a roided out Bull that was bred for the kitchens so it was exceptionally bigger and stronger than the Alien in 1 for example.

Just like for the predator's wrist band is too small to actually make a nuclear explosion, that the mechs in Pacific Rim wouldn't be able to move under their own weight? That Godzilla would require so much caloric intake that he wouldn't last a single week?.It's almost as if real world physics was secondary to making an entertaining movie!

That is only about a third true. IIRC it was a bull in the theatrical release, but a dog in the directors cut. The alien itself was known as "the runner" it wasn't bigger or stronger than the drones in the other movies, but smaller and faster.

Good thing that's not what a plot hole is.

You got it backwards, dog was theatrical, bull was director's cut.

Jesus Christ are you actually complaining about a plot hole in Prometheus? THE WHOLE FUCKING MOVIE IS SWISS CHEESE

But this all pales in comaprison to the biggest mindfuck ever to be put on screen

And then guess what?

How the hell did the producers miss this? Seriously. This is probably the worst plothole I have ever seen in a movie.

Gee, really? What a fucking shock, its almost like they wanted to make a slasher movie set in space and designing a creature around the concept is smart.

Godzilla is nuclear powered. He would only need to consume enough protein for his body to keep his cells repaired.

Why is Bane is being raped by a giant starfish, OP?

Doesn't take that much to make a bomb if you're super efficient.

:3

The thing that always bothered me was how it grew. You can't just create biomass from nothing. What was it eating?

It wasn't a particularly big explosion.

U mom

this bothers me regarding the hulk as well

you can invent some bullshit where he uses deeply hidden radiation to grow in size, but you can't explain how Hulk can just lose all that biomass and especially muscles like that.

HIS FUCKING SKULL shrinks and even his TEETH grow and shrink.

Prometheus was shitty fanfiction

they don't want to just destroy earth for the fuck of it you retard. they didn't create humanity just to circle back later and destroy them. it was part of some experiment or bioweapon project.

you mean like facehugger + human = xenomorph? so you just hate this entire franchise then.

Souls.

i'm thinking this series of movies isn't for you.

their motivations and reasons are kept ambiguous for the whole movie, a lot of characters reason that they must be going back to wipe out humanity.

Except that the whole facehugger thing was actually explained and was part of the movie, instead of lazily thrown into the end because "hurr durr there has to be a xenomorph in there somewhere!"

Prometheus was a low effort cashgrab at best. As other user has pointed out, there are plotholes galore and nonsensical characters/writing.

Hulk isn't attempting to be science fiction though. It knows it's stupid schlock and it revels in it. Alien is another matter.

When is the next Plinkett review coming out, Mike?

You are severly autistic like all the dorks triggered by Prometheus.

WRONG
They didn't create humanity (intentionally), there was a deleted scene that explains that humanity evolved from their DNA being injected into the water on some random planet (Earth) during a ritual (with their blood).

Humans are basically shitty deformed engineers.

Humans evolved, engineers didn't :~)
Engineerfags BTFO

If I was an engineer I would have taken me some humans and cuddled with them.
They are so cute.

I would love to be able to hug and cuddle with some humans.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? I've watched Alien 3 many, many times and it's always been a dog. I even have a toy of it somewhere (the box said Alien 3 - Dog alien). When was there ever a version with a fucking cow running around the prison? You mean they filmed all those scenes twice with different animals? Why?

This is some Mandela effect shit.

In the dozens of Alien 3 threads I've read on here, this is the first I've heard of this.

But they did, kind of. The deleted scene you're talking about makes it pretty obvious that they intentionally dropped their DNA together with the goo to create a species on the planet.

Or do you mean they didn't like that it was humanity that came out of that experiment? I can agree with that. It seems like the movie is implying that they are not to happy with the result, or want to drop another load of goo on them to accellerate humanities evolution once more and see what turns up this time.
Which would make them pretty shitty scientists to be honest.

Here you go you fucking sperg.

It's an Ox in the Directors Cut and the Novel.

Maybe the Predators had "red matter" just like the vulcans, makes a big boom.