Untitled

awesomebryner.com/ridley-scott-plans-to-make-more-alien-prequel-and-sequels/

The man is nearly 80. He's not going to make all these films.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. There's no way he'll be able to make two more after Covenant is out. Can't he just film it all at once? Cameron is doing that with his insane Avatar sequels.

Why was Prometheus even made when nothing actually happened?

Well, in the original script, stuff actually did happen. Then Scott got Lindelof to re-write the script and we ended up with the finished product.

Prometheus is an alien film alright, in the sense he's the disparaged parasite that kills its host from the inside and leave it behind.

The Spaihts script was formulaic and boring as hell.

So no Neil Blomkamp Aliens movie then?

Ridley's plans are too big to complete in his lifetime.

Ridley cucked Mr White Guilt.

He doesn't understand that mystery is better for horror?

Hopefully fucking never. The concept art looked mostly fucking retarded. Even though the concept of some terrorists assaulting WeyYu HQ sounds like a tempting premise. Just don't put any fucking biomes with xenomorphs inside them there, that would Resident Evil -tier.

Thinking about it now, the Peter Weyland, David8 and other promo stuff was actually better than the actual movie. They should do like Scott said, forget the alien's direct presence for a while and do movies about the creepy dehumanized corporate culture WeyYu is doing. How they slowly replace all human workers with androids and be lawfully immoral.

But the *wayland makes a facility to breed aliens and things fuck up* is a common theme in both games, comics and books.
It can be done well.

It's not meaty or interesting enough. In fact it's fucking boring because it always results in the outbreak, and then it's the bog-standard escape-survival battle in dark corridors. It serves games fine that need a quick setup for the near plotless action, but movies need a bit more. It also very easy way to devaluate both the company and the monster.

By the way, was it Wayland Utani in Alien 4 ? Or something else ?

Most people assumed it was a natural species, but I guess panspermia has to be shilled so they were suddenly manufactured by Blue Man Group.

Nah, they were United States military or something. Weyland Yutani got bought by Walmart. Seriously, it's in the fucking movie.

Most people are retarded. Most people are also retarded enough to want an Aliens 2. Which I cannot see to be anything but an utter disaster. What Cameron did with that movie cannot be done any better. Same applies to the original Alien. They shouldn't try to directly rehash the first two movies, because they sure as hell cannot compete with them, not in modern day regressive movie industry.

As opposed to the Lindelof script, which was formulaic and boring as hell, for different reasons

That's a relief.

I want a full fledged war movie with marines fighting Xenos. They've yet to do an outbreak story on a global scale.

Starshit Troopers is that way, pleb.

Why can't they just do a proper Alien vs. Predator movie with colonial marines and shit?

Just keep that fucker Damon Lindloff away from shit this time.

Because both of those things were shit?

with more black men fucking white, blonde women i hope!

God I fucking hope!

Why are they planning out more? They haven't even finished making the new film.

Either ridley has gone insane and is just pumping out ideas on coke, or lost his shit since tony and is going all out before he jumps as well

There was a thread about this a while back, i wrote a decent treatment for a simple avp flick that was better than the actual films we got

We could always just play the video games.

Because it's a shit concept that is popular amongst underage retards who have no cinematic standards. Why try better when they gobble up that shit anyways?

it works best as a comic/game anyway, they did the stupidest thing with the movies by not setting them in the time of the colonial marines

Might seem stupid to you, but all those scifi sets cost money to design and build! Even in fucking Prometheus, the movie that was supposed to revitalize the franchise had extremely limited and low budget sets compared to the original film.

doesn't seem stupid to me at all, i wouldn't mind if they went ultra low budget like riddick.

also, what the fuck are you talking about? prometheus had a budget like ten times that of the original film you dunce. are you fucking dan bresee, making those "this film is actually low budget" jokes on chan boards now?

pick one

I'm sure JJ won't mind taking over another franchise! His name is a big draw, y'know.

Seriously though, is there any young Director you would trust to make something out of the Alien franchise? I can't think of any.

I'm told Duncan Jones did a pretty good job with Moon.

literally anyone who isn't jew jew.

alfonso cuaron would make a dope alien film, but he doesn't do that kind of sci-fi.

there's also gareth edwards, the godzilla guy. i could see him doing a good job.

oh i forgot, it seems ridley scott's son is getting into sci-fi films as well, here's a teaser for his film.

Didn't Peace Walker already do Vocaloid AI?

At this point they really should just let Alien die.

Ooooh. Advanced directioneering, Cpt. Movie Man.

Isn't it a bit too early for an Ex Machina reboot

That money went on cgi and stuff, the physical sets themselves were fucking low-effort garbage.

wow, you really are retarded, aren't you?

People have forgotten that Ridley was just an atmosphere and visuals guy… and now they actually listen to his ideas.

Hopefully we'll be able to get away from the shooty shooty Cameron brought to the series and go back to its horror roots.
Prometheus did a lot of things right, too bad they bit off more they could chew.

M8 when was the last time horror worked at a cinema–other than as some low budget indy type pic?

As much as I want to read this thread, the last film was spoiled for me, and I don't want that happening again.

Wait so the Ripley Aliens sequel was canceled?

There are like 3 decades of perfectly good Material they could use to make a movie. They could just use a few of the DarkHorse comics as a template.

But I suppose making movies about big blue bald men and squid-babies is more interesting

God I fucking hate Joss Whedon.

As much as I like those comics, they are too shit to be movies. Whedon's film was like the Dark Horse comics, and it was pure shit.

u wot m8

I think that Earth Hive books could have made a pretty good movie. But I'm a sucker for trash considering I own a lot of the WH40k books

Are you saying the sets looked good?

Alien was all that was needed.

Cameron pulled off a miracle with Aliens and every sequel to those two can be nothing but another Alien remake like Alien 3 or an Aliens remake like Alien Resurrection.

Alien is a slasher movie.

Aliens is a zombie movie.

Prometheus first half is a sci fi movie, second half is a slasher movie.

All that's left is a found footage Alien movie or a horror comedy.

they looked fine, you dunce.