You have been sent on a great quest through a dangerous medieval fantasy land...

You have been sent on a great quest through a dangerous medieval fantasy land. The quest will be full of peril and adventure. One man will accompany you on this task.

Who would you rather be your traveling companion and best friend, Eddard Stark, or Boromir?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Mtmft
digitalspy.com/tv/game-of-thrones/news/a436396/game-of-thrones-creator-ned-stark-would-lose-a-fight-to-boromir/#~oZ8i1LTe9TfPAe
archive.is/VGmZh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are we talking about pre- or post-execution Ned?

I choose 20 good men and a few loyal hounds

Boromir. He's a better fighter, has more tactical savvy, and the ring is nowhere around to tempt him to despair.

I'll go with 42 year old Sean Bean

I dunno, 52 year old Sean Bean packs a punch

archive.is/Mtmft

Sharpe

What the heck is this man a time traveler?

Eddard Stark, easily. He's older and has more experience while still being a capable warrior. He could also provide some advice in dire times.

Neither.

Boromir is probably the superior warrior. Stark was no slouch but his greatest feat of killing Arthur Dayne was tainted by Howland Reed saving him from being killed by what is implied to be dishonorable means and the fact that they Stark and his crew outnumbered them by a little over 2:1.

Didn't Boromir get owned in battle though?

By an endless wave of orcs and Urak-Hai after slaughtering scores of them. They had to shoot him full of arrows in the end. Stark has no comparable feats to that. Stark was good fighter but he was more of a leader of men.

Trident

He was with an army there. Boromir stood alone. Besides even the fat man says that Boromir would win.

digitalspy.com/tv/game-of-thrones/news/a436396/game-of-thrones-creator-ned-stark-would-lose-a-fight-to-boromir/#~oZ8i1LTe9TfPAe

The fat man says a lot of shit

J U S T

That he does. I question his statement that Jaime could defeat Aragorn. Still when looking at the raw feats we have available to us in their respective stories, Boromir is simply more impressive. He has better showings, is said to be Aragorn's(of Numenorean descent who were strictly better than an average human) near equal in battle, and died in a spectacular manner alone against a horde of enemies who were forced into ranged combat to finally win. Stark fought well in a army and when he beat Dayne only thanks to outnumbering him and a last minute save from Reed. He folded quickly against the Lannisters when outnumbered and died in a dignified but impressive fashion. I have to rate Boromir higher as a warrior.

*dignified but unimpressive

He's getting married again
archive.is/VGmZh

Ned was highly sought after by the king to be his Hand, he was loyal to the end, and tried to fight on his behalf and stand up for his family line even after his death and at his own expense because it was the honorable thing to do. Ned faced his execution with quiet, honorable dignity, thinking in his final moments only of his daughter's safety.

Boromir wanted to betray the Fellowship before it was even formed, was a buzzkill asserting all along their quest was impossible and died betraying his companions and trying to take the ring for himself.

I mean, if we're going on a quest through a fantasy land, there's going to be some sort of magical weapon or something, right? A flaming sword? Thunder hammer? The glaive from Krull?

Ned simply would not attempt to betray me and take it for himself, Boromir definitely would. And the creep might try to talk me into blowing the horn of Gondor. Fuck that shit, my quest isn't getting written by Anne Rice.

Honestly, I'd have to go with Ed. The one Ring may not be there, but you never know when you're gonna encounter something else that can screw with people's heads, and Boromir HAS shown to be pretty vulnerable to that sort of thing. Ed, for all his faults, will NEVER stab you in the back.

Plus, with him acting as the straight laced, knight in shining armor, I'd have a good contrast to my more cynical and pragmatic way of doing things. You gotta have good contrast like that, makes for a more interesting story.

Though exceptions WILL be made should the Boromir in question be from the vid posted here.

Boromir, the rightful ruler of Gondor, obviously. His only mistake was trusting Aragorn.

Righteous rulers of Gondor for a thousand years after the foolish Kings killed themselves by being prudes.

Gone, with the last remnants degenerated to savage bushpeople on the level of Middle Men they wantonly mixed with. Not to mention Isildur giving up his claim to the Southern Kingdom.

Didn't the last King of Gondor die because the Witch-King of Angmar kept challenging him to a dick measuring contest and he gave in, despite all his councilors telling him not to because he had no heir, and he went and got himself killed?

boromir because cuck of thrones is pure shit

I'd be fine taking either since I'm guaranteed to not be the one dyng.

If you go into Silent Hill they'll both come out alive.

A dipshit rebel that will die rather than lose his "honor" and then crack and lose it in the most dumb way
Or
An honoreful soldier, loyal and skillful against evil, which even under corruption helped his friends nonetheless sacrificing himself

Geeez user. I don't know, who I'm going to pick

Say again? That fat hack claimed what on the last descend of numenor?

I would go with Boromir. As long as we can make our story "lord of the rings"esque and not game of thrones like, which I would risk by picking the Stark. Even if Nobromirmir betrayed me he would still sacrific himself.

^

If I blew your horn, would I die?

It would be extremely noisy

Why everyone would do that? They are the worst family in all westerns after the targs.
Martell if you are a vengeful person FTW

How so? Starks are bad motherfuckers, as far as battle is concerned

The whole Jon situation proves this is not the case

He have done it only to cover his sister honor. And he got killed by jeoffery because the honor of his friend was being shat on by that incestuos cersaie. He lost his "honor" to cover one, and he lost his life to protect the other.
Admit it, he is only a rebel dipshit i like that he is so full for being honorful but everything he have done was just being retard for the sake of an hack writer

Not really. Small John or the tribes of skall are bad mofos, the fat of white harbor is another that can be ok since is the only lord in the north that still remember and doesn't accept to be cucked by the fake arya marriage.
Starks where in power only because moat Collin was the only protective thing between them and the south, and when they met someone stronger puff. They bent the knee. Plus of all the Starks, only Ned for being a proper soldier even if retard and Jon are acceptable. Arya is a whiny cunt. Sansa had to be punched several times, seeing his dad being killed before stop willing to give her ass to the king's son. Catelyn is a cunt. Robb betray a promise done to a lord to chase sweet lion pussy not having any honor. Spastic kid is useless and savage one is basically background. Starks are one of the wort family and people like them only because are the "protagonist" of the story

Boromir actually killed the shit out of his enemies even when outnumbered.
Stark only ever did anything of note when he was a lad, and even then it was mostly luck that carried him through it all.

Boromir got jacked on his way to Rivendell and walked the rest of the way there, right after having lifted a seige against an enemy that his city had been fighting more or less alone for generations.

When he finally arrives to answer the summons, abandoning his countrymen in an ongoing battle that could swing for the worst at any time to find possible solutions, all he sees there are dwarves that preferred to hide and count gold and a bunch of salad eating motherfuckers telling him how weak he was for being the captain of the only palpable resistance against Sauron. Also there's this thing that has all of Sauron's power and would be a potential force multiplier.

Then to make matters worse, this hippie faggot who chose the judgmental prick Elf culture over his fellow man decides to waltz in and become his king claiming it as an entitlement to his bloodline despite his line just fucking off into the wilds for centuries while Boromir, his brother, and his dad had been holding down the fort and leading men into battle and death.

Boromir left his post to find answers and hope, only to die protecting fucking hairy-footed pygmies.

Still would take him over Ned though.

Boromir is one of the best swordsmen in Middle Earth. Ned is average for a highborn.
Boromir is a chill dude that enjoys the bantz. Ned is constantly weighed down by honour, obligations and duty.
Boromir enjoys adventure. Ned sees it as a role that must be fulfilled.

The answer is obvious: Ramsay Bolton.

saved :3

That was Jaime's gimmick. He was the most naturally talented swordsman in the world. Thus, Georgie-peorgy took great glee in crippling him.

Give me a lucky general over any other.

And what? Tickling it?

The expression is "holding the fort".

Thing is, Jaime was crippled in a power play because Vargo Hoat (who had betrayed the Lannisters for the Starks) correctly suspected that Roose Bolton was planning to go over to Tywin's side. By maiming Jaime, he hoped to make Roose's position untenable.

Thank you for your pedantic autism. I shall remember this lesson forever.

Clearly Aragorn assasssinated him. LoTR is written in-story by Frodo (and partially by Sam), who weren't present when Boromir died. It just happens that only witnesses of Boromir's dead in middle of bumfuck nowhere were two foreigners (both not even Men) who stand to gain from Aragorn's ascendancy and Aragon, who had blotted usurping the throne of Gondor for longer than Boromir had lived.

Wasn't Vargo completly fucking mutilated as punishment for maiming Jamie?

Luck can help you until a certain point. Then unless you gitgud you get shat on user.

no boobs for you then

Okay. As tempting it is to actually have sex in fantasy universes and even to get to pound some twink boypussy, I don't think I would risk it considering the mortality rate of characters in game of thrones.

But you are tempting me hard here, user.

Look at pic related. I want to be the husband of the twinky, androgynous boy emperor of the game of thrones equivalent of the roman empire.

Yeah, after Brienne bit off Vargo's ear, the infection kind of made him even more unstable. Then the Mountain had his arms and legs chopped off and fed to him. Last we saw, he was a limbless stump, tied to a pole, screaming in mad agony.

KEK

vs

Easy choice.

Aragorn did nothing wrong.

>>>/furry/

The mountain cut a piece off of him everyday, saving his cock for last iirc.

my fallout character has 10 luck, so nah he's good for life.

006 isn't a fantasy character, dumbfuck

Odysseus.
I know that nigga can traverse the world and is a pretty good fighter.

tell me 1 female in LOTR that isnt waifu material

na. he is a shitty person and a dumb one too

Huh?

1) Odysseus didn't want the suitors there and was forced to join the Trojan war
2) Greek laws of hospitality meant Penelope couldn't send them away.
3) Penelope didn't fuck any of them

His wife remained faithful. Odysseus was the one who fucked around.

Read a book sometime

And he came back after like 10 years and right at the moment she wanted to remarry.

she said that she remained faithful, but check outside sometimes, grills arent.
im not a faggot nerd

I'm sure they have many cheaply animated versions of the Odyssey for kindergarteners such as yourself.

The greek gods (namely Athena) told Odysseus that Penelope was always faithful. She also had her grown son Telemachos who would have murdered her if she fucked around on her husband and his father.

And if any of the suitors did nail her, he would have claimed the island as his own because that was the whole point of being a suitor.

So no. Penelope was faithful.

Was Ned even ever supposed to be a great fighter? I thought he was supposed to be an okay General, but pretty average to below-average in personal combat. His only great feat was surviving the Tower of Joy, and that was only because the frog shanked Dayne in the back.

pretty much nails it.

Obviously he wasn't the best warrior in the Seven Kingdoms, not with Jaime, Ser Barristan and others running around. But he was supposed to be a pretty good warrior. I think Robb Stark may have been better though

I thought it was weird Jon mentioned Robb was a better swordsman then him, when I got the impression Jon was a superior warrior to both Robb and Ned, though still inferior obviously to the likes of Dayne, Barristan, Jaime, etc.

There's not much really to compare the two. Obviously in the show there's the Battle of the Bastards, which Jon won because CIA showed up and Jon got lucky. And then there's the battle at the Wall, which was mostly the Night's Watch picking off the Wildling army at a distance and I can't remember if, in the book, Jon actually engaged in some hand-to-hand combat. Jon was ultimately victorious there again because Stannis showed up and scattered most of the Wildlings before they could attack the wall again.

But Robb won every battle he was in except the Red Wedding and that's because he was ambushed. The only battles that the Stark army lost, at Duskendale and other places, had nothing to do with Robb.

I was more talking about as an actual fighter, not as a Commander. Obviously, Robb was GOAT as a Commander and leader of men, that's not in dispute, but I never got the impression Robb was a particularly skilled swordsman. He nearly got killed at the Whispering Wood and was only saved because Jaime accidentally got his sword stuck in some dude's corpse and couldn't get it out.

Not terribly surprising considering that the sword instructor no doubt tried a little harder with the trueborn heirs training rather than the bastard son.

Logically, I would agree with you, but for some reason Martin seems to want to portray Jon as this great warrior prodigy, so I thought it was weird that the show had Jon say Robb was better then him.

I'd agree that Robb SHOULD be the better warrior, but from everything we've seen, Jon is simply better.

Problem is that we don't actually see Robb's battles. We just hear them reported. It may have been that he almost died at Whispering Wood but we could chalk that up to inexperience. I can't remember if we're actually told how many men Robb personally killed at Oxcross.

This, pretty much. Robb probably was the better warrior, but for some reason, we never get to see it. The only time we ever see him in action is against those Wildlings in the Wolfswood.

Invincible as a Grammaton Priest, at least until he found the joy of reading

Supreme Sean Bean.

I like this Sean Bean but I think medieval fantasy is the genre he would be least effective in, and most other Sean Beans are much better suited to it.

I don't actually know what movie this is, mind you.

keep your reading faggot. is already dying as a medium and will soon gone

and greek gods have never lied nor bullshitted someone for their intrests right :^}

honestly, i think Robb won every battle mostly becasue he got alwasy undervalutated by his enemy and he was better than what they thought

Whats your IQ? You type like a faggot and your shits all retarded.

As much as you may dislike it you should seriously consider picking up a book. You not form sentences correct, is very noticeable maybe book help write better?

Boromir: Lived through 1 out of 3 books.
Eddard Stark: Lived through 1 out of 5 so far, maybe 7 if he finishes it before he dies

1/3 > 1/5 or 1/7

Therefore, Boromir is the greater of the two.

Based.

Anyone shy of Sandor or Gregor would have been eaten alive by Jaime at that point. Can't really hold it against Robb.

They never would protect a cheating woman unless Zeus was the one who fucked her, and even then Hera would limit how much they would do.