I didn't know IT was a made-for-TV movie. I always figured it was a theatrical release

I didn't know IT was a made-for-TV movie. I always figured it was a theatrical release.
Is this what people were so afraid of back in the 90's? This is what made a bunch of people terrified about clowns?

The book was scarier.

I tried to read the book but I can't get into it. Stephen King writes so much filler, he goes on and on about unimportant shit.

Unimportant shit? As I recall, pretty much everything was directly relevant to the storyline.

The book is nothing but boring flashbacks and has 12 year olds having sex. Anyone who says it's a good book is a closet pedo.

The book is two stories being told congruently, you pleb.

Almost every single movie representation is better than his books.
It doens't gets better went 50% are pretty much the same basic premise and 75% tries to be in a same universe like some kind of nu-Lovecraft.

She was white, the hottest girl in seventh grade school, wasn't a bitch (actually very nice), and I was a spic version of Steve Urkel, so she did have a shit taste though.

He then gets butthurt because of it.

Found this in my dad's room as a kid and it fucked my shit up.

The only one that's better is The Shining. The Mist was a great adaptation until the millennial-bait "2edgy" ending.

Yeah I don't know what he's talking about either.
I mean I agree that King usually goes on rambles about dumb shit in his writings, but I saw little of that in IT.
Of course this was one of the stories he wrote before he went full faggot hack mode and started pumping out worse and worse shit.
I'll never forgive him for the travesty that is the last three Dark Tower books.
Especially when he literally inserted himself in the story.
Fucking stupid.

Pretty sure it was the other way around.

Stephen King is a hack fraud who has no idea how to write horror. You can't just explicitly explain all of the events that happened with "dude aliens lmao" and expect people to still be scared. IT would have been significantly better if the clown was just a mysterious psychological entity that fucked with people, there was no reason to actually go explain it or allow people to directly fight/kill it.

It also should have been more consistent with how it killed people, in the beginning it seems entirely capable of directly murdering people but it doesn't really bother afterwards and just tries to scare people, even when it is directly threatened.

I think it should have some rules like it can only mess with people, which might result in them getting killed on accident or it should be able to kill only when it lures people to a particular place (like the sewers).

It should have been obvious after watching it for a few minutes.

It's retarded shit that scares no one, and low budget to boot.

the self-insertion was lazy and amateurish, but there were worse things about those last DT books.

Well yeah, I just didn't know that until I saw it.

I enjoy King's fantastical bullshit, but would I call it scary? No, not really.

This.

Books are an outdated art form.

But it had Tim Curry.

wot

You're talking about GRRM fam

Some people are really fucking scared of clowns, it's weird.

the movies are better because the books waste a larger chunk of your life

Pretty sure this is what made everyone scared of clowns.

Reading this guys story was insane, the level of incompetency around the investigation and the fact that no one picked up on some the ridiculously suspicious shit that he got away with for so long.
Middle america truly is fucking braindead.

As opposed to current America which lets Muslim terrorists go so they aren't "racist".

Man, look at him.
He just didn't give a fuck, did he?

yeah, that gangbang with 12-year-olds was pretty scary

This

Still can't believe people unironically enjoy those books. Or the insufferable faggots that actually use the word 'showfag'

My nigga!

It was a different time.

You went from Full House to Pennywise.

I find King's writing cosy. It's like listening to some kind old grandpa tell you stories, only sometimes those stories are about twelve year olds fucking or school shooters.

I can read a 300 page book in a few hours. It's not hard, you just need to be able to properly visualize the information

Fullhouse was pretty creepy.

guess I'm a slower reader than you. If I could read a stephen king book in 2 hours, I probably would

Stephen King was way better when he was slowly killing himself through drugs, alcohol, and depression.

Also best part of IT was Tim Curry. The special effects are really fucking weird now.

this
he only drinks the bulls semen now

I must be some kind of ultra-plebeian, my favorite made-for-TV stephen king was rose red

True, I have been trying to read his books but I can't get into any of them. The movies meanwhile are perfect.

The Dark Tower is coming.

The Dark Tower is the black protagonist's dick

Way creepier stuff had came out already though.

IT was really creepy, man. I haven't seen it in years but as a kid it scared the living shit out of me. Maybe that sort of thing doesn't creep you out.

There were also a lot of other creepy clown movies and just the fact that clowns can be extremely creepy on their own.

People made the movie IT be scared of clowns?

I know those last books had a tone of problems, but that stupid fucking self-insert shittery is the first thing that pops into my mind whenever King gets brought up at all.
I hate him so much for pulling that shit.

its been awhile since Ive read the books but iirc his holster belt was full of bullets and were also the only bullets he had

maybe the black man has a bunch in his asshole or something there were like 100+

Your inability to sit down and actually take in a story without bright shiny pictures flashing in front of your face is not only a show of your lack of intelligence, but lack of creativity and imagination.

Tell me, are any of you scared of horror movies made in 1990 or earlier?
Because It aired in 1990, probably before half of you were even born.
You do realize that at one point in time Exorcist was the scariest fucking movie to exist right?
Watch it now, it's not at all scary.
Shatner used to be considered a pretty good actor at one time as well.
His over emoting was considered acting.
Some of the all time greats, even the scenes that hold up moderately well to this day would be considered bad acting if done now a days.

Exorcist is way scarier than IT.

What are you talking about?

The problem with books is too much filler. Why the hell does it matter what the streets and mountanis look like? a lot of it seems like the writer just trying to write fancy. the good thing about movies is you cant bullshit the way novelists do.