Good acting?

What would you consider top notch acting?
Can be a TV show or a movie even a play.

I just get the feeling the quality of actual acting has declined in recent times.

Christopher Lloyd is really good in Suburban Commando

you can really feel his anger at the system that froze him

Being at the edge of believability.
When a single fail in diction or facial expression can turn your serious acting into a laughfest.

The nu-good acting of "act like yourself cause is realistic" doesn't work on every movie, but is the standard now.
Especially used by
DUDE WEED LMAO

What the hell was that?
I almost shat my pants and I don't even know the context.

total alienation of the audience so they respond in a purely intellectual way to your art

>purely intellectual way

better to be a fedora than a woman tbh
video related, you must be 6' or taller and a true alpha to appreciate the caliber of this acting

i always refer people to
VILE!NO! man and everyone else there had great and believable performances

He complainted about being "PURELY" intellectual.
The way you say it sounds like "Men don't have feelings" instead of "Men aren't as sensitive as women".
If you don't have an emotional connection then you have no real motivation (An emotion) to liked it.

The fact that you prefer that is because you have emotional appreciation of it already.
You're not looking at a math problem to distinguish the complexity of it.
And if it were then there's no real reason to say that you think a integration equation is better (despite being more complex) in any way than 2+2 unless you put the emotion to appreciate it.

The way you say it sounds like you have autism

Holy fucking keks.

They surely are expressing emotions, but without the context I can't really tell if lesbians or death sworn enemies.

That's fucking nice.

protip: if somebody calls you autistic and you think THEY'RE autistic, you must be really off the charts

Fucking derailment, post more acting.

What a fucking sore looser.

Do they fuck?

Honestly, a lot of the actors from the MCU are fantastic. RDJ, Chris Evans (has a knack for the occasional subtlety, though his face IS always stuck in the same set of expressions), and Tom Hiddleston, in particular (Loki is a very unlikeable villain in Avengers 1, which people forget is the sign of a good actor playing a villain). Mark Strong was great as the bad guy in Kick Ass, imo, as was the guy who played him. Michael C Hall was fantastic as Dexter Morgan for the earlier seasons of 'Dexter' (as well as in season 7) and even better than him (later seasons), Jennifer Carpenter as Deborah Morgan (season 7 made me fall in love with her). If you decide to check out Dexter, skip season 6 entirely, you'll thank me later. The season recap in season 7's premiere tells you literally everything you need to know about it. Despite its popularity, I have to give props to Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul for Breaking Bad, as well as the guy that plays Tuco Salamanca, and the guy who plays Hector Salamanca (I legit thought he was paralyzed the first time I saw him in the chair).

As far as your comment, OP, the line everyone cites (which is true) is that this is the best and the worst time for TV and movies. Technology, writing techniques, directing techniques, and acting techniques are all getting better as sciences, but the "talent" pool for all of these is growing at an exponential rate, making the finding of real talent more and more challenging (though probably not scaling linearly with the former's increase).

In short, it is cheaper and easier than ever to shovel shit into peoples eyes and ears, but if you really want it (and have the money) it IS possible to make the greatest movies ever, in our time.

Superhero movies are historically seen as 'low-brow' when compared to dramas, but let's be honest… The Dark Knight kicked ass, and was worth it, despite all of the incessant and god awful Joker impersonations we still see to this day. Heath Ledger was legitimately the best thing about that movie (next to maybe the writing and pacing) and anyone who says it will have rocks thrown at them for "just saying that because he died", but deep down in your soul, you know Ledger's performance was spectacular.

All that being said, there is no shortage of fantastic acting in plenty of modern movies. I could go on and on, but I am forcing myself to stop here.

Yep, autistic fedora.
Just shut up the next time.

This.
Has Megan Fox had any roles recently?

Wowee zowee, my grammer sucked balls with that post. I really need to learn to proofread.

I hated the MCU acting in "The Avengers", looked like not single one of the actors wanted to be there.
In they other movies they act meh-barely good.
Yep, Michael C. Hall makes a great acting for a sociopath.
Also
Really?
Man, you already mentioned MCU and Dexter season 7, there's no coming back from that.
Yeah, it was a shitty Batman moviee but a good movie on its own.

Never watched the capeshit hes apparently in but he was good in street kings

Numale cuckolds need to go.

Who didnt like season 7? It is widely regarded as the one of the best of the series… loved by both critics and the few who were still watching the show.

Besides, you can easily tell from interviews that the actors from the MCU love their jobs and love filming. Who wouldnt? Act angry in front of a green screen and rake in millions? Sign me up.

I also shouldnt have said "despite its popularity", although I do find that a lot of super-popular stuff to be garbage (see: Big Bang Theory, Friends, Two Broke Girls, almost every other sitcom).

Just curious, not offended or anything, but how was Dark Knight a bad batman movie? It features growth and development of the character established in BB, shows conflict internally and externally with the joker, features his signature tactical kick-assery, and shows off some of his new toys (although you can hardly describe the bat-bike as "new" within the mythology, it was the first time we saw it in this iteration of the franchise).

I'm pretty sure you meant season 4 or we are talking about different series

Well they sucked at it in avengers.

OK, I forgot I could take it as b an elseverse.

Everyone talks about how Jake Gyllenhaal did such a great job in Nightcrawler and while that's true, I think they overlook his side kick. Rick is probably the most believably acted character I've seen in any movie, feel free to prove me wrong by posting counterexamples though.

Seriously, who isn't a stereotype?

That movie was implausible shit and it clearly had an agenda to paint the news media as a reflection of the racist bigotry of suburban whites, when in reality the news media is run by leftists which routinely hide the race of the culprits because they actually are mostly blacks and hispanics, just look at crime statistics. Jake Gillenwhatever's performance was a ridiculous cartoon character.

If people ITT want to see a good performance that's actually subtle and varied watch Paul Scofield in A Man For All Seasons you stupid mother fucking nigger faggots.

Watch the original Lion in Winter if you want to see a whole lot of top shelf acting. Peter O'Toole at his best, Kate Hepburn + a young Timothy Dalton and Anthony Hopkins.

Glenda Jackson in Elizabeth R too.

I thought Daniel Day Lewis did an amazing job as Bill the Butcher. Every scene he did was in was memorable. His "Civilization is Crumbling" monologue is some top notch acting. Strikes pretty true these days as well.

Holla Forums hates it i consider dicaprio as a good one. He was really good in django he made a good point on being an hateble character. Sadly he won an Oscar for the wrong movie so (((they))) could be happy

Him and his majesty seeayaey and Biggu guy

The pinnacle of the art

I hate Jews as much as the next guy, but I think you're a little overboard in what Nightcrawler was presenting.

He was an autistic sociopath, how do you think he should have been?

The Lion In Winter has some of the best acting I've ever seen. Embed related is a great monologue, ignore the video's low quality.

Peter O'Toole was fantastic in general, really.

Her golden pond era blowjobs when her head was all shaky were probably fantastic

It really is one of if not the best english language, ensemble cast acting performances ever committed to film. Surprised there's so few scenes from it available on jewtube.