Cameron isn't a fan of the Farce Awakens

archive.is/kal5m

it's a shame I lost most of the respect I had for the guy after that Avatar abortion

Other urls found in this thread:

starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/06/iain-mccaig-talks-about-production-on-the-force-awakens-hints-at-star-wars-episode-viii-plot.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And acting.
I really missed when good acting meant always be at the edge of unbelievability, one slip and your drama scene could turn into a comedy fest.

Not the new good acting which is "Act normal, like yourself, that should be realistic…right?" shit.

(Checked)
Yeah, the second trilogy was retarded as no tomorrow but it was fun to watch.
I was one of the ones who thought this was the best one since "The Empire Strikes Back", it took a while for the mediocrity to sink in my mind.
I don't give a fuck about Holla Forums, if it had dindus, if it was SJW, or anything.
But it was a mediocre movie.
Usually lowest common denominator doesn't care to rethink their impressions on movies.

I think we've all said this before. It's a retread of the older movies and barely has new ideas. At best, The Force Awakens is an impressively mediocre movie. After the first watch, you'll likely appreciate it even less and see how little the movie really has to offer.

I've heard a lot of people say "I liked it when I saw it. But the more I thought about it, the less I liked it." Or variations of that sentiment.

Also this strange thing where people say the black guy was the most likable person in the movie and he didn't do anything. Apparently this girl has no charisma at all.

I haven't seen the movie but it's what I've heard.

yes WE've said it, but now someone who actually is someone inside the business is saying the exact same. someone who is not a paid or sjw ridden reviewer/journo.

having said that, between avatar 2 or the force awakens 2, I couldn't really tell you wich one I would choose to watch

How? Please describe your thought processes. I need to know.

I was watching it for the first time in my life reminiscing about the prequels.

oy vey, this is like another shoah

the new visuals in the force awakens were that retarded nazi stormtrooper scene and that terrible CGI asian lady's bar. this isn't exactly groundbreaking criticism but I'm glad JC had the guts to say it.

I don't understand what's supposed to be wrong with hat pic. Is it the abundance of greenscreen? If so, why is he more guilty than the other directors who use green screen for almost every scene?

false advertising

JJ Abrams said the same thing in an interview

Avatar was better than TFA, honestly.

was it really false advertising though? I hated TFA, but it did have a lot of location shoots, especially compared to the prequels

I mean, jc isn't wrong on this affair, but should his opinion really matter when his own taste has gone so far down the drain?

BOTH AVATAR AND TFA SUCKED

I was a big fan of the old trilogy, until the phantom menace broke my heart and destroyed star wars to me.

I wouldn't salvage a molecule of that shit. Still, cameron was based on this one.

well that's the point isn't it? that whole marketing campaign was emphasizing that their production process was different from that for the prequels, they "listened to the fans" and so TFA would be a better movie. I mean please keep trolling if you like but as far as I'm concerned they delivered on that promise. The problem with TFA is not poor special effects, it's a lack of imagination.

REHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEALLY?

I don't know what conspiracy you think I'm part of, I already said the movie was shit. Only a retard would criticize it for the special effects.

She's never in danger, never has overwhelming odds against her and masters everything she tries in the very first attempt.
She's a Mary Sue by definition and the only thing that people remember of Mary Sues is that they're forgetable as hell, since no tension will build up whenever something dangerous happens.
She's just plain and boring to watch doing shit.

Don't you fucking dare hold her hand!

I'll never forget her fish face "acting", where in each scene she just keeps her eyes open wide and delivers her lines in a flat monotone.

I still can't figure out why she got casted in the first place. She's ugly, she can't act. Is it because she's willing to suck old Jewish dick?

Or is it that Jew Jews specifically picked the most bland and uninteresting cunt around not to trigger the abomination Western women have become?

nice meme

I watched it online myself, I tried going in with a totally clean slate, wipe all the hype and drama out of my mind.

It was still disappointing, bland, and pointless.
When all of the prerelease hype and drama is washed away, you find that the movie just has absolutely nothing actually in it that makes you care about it.

It wasn't the absolute cancer fest people make it out to be, it was just disappointing.
I wish the movie mad my angry personally, because all it really did was make me bored and depressed.

They sold the movie on hype and brand recognition, of course it was bland and disappointing

Every movie sells itself on hype, and every franchise film sells itself on brand recognition.

That is even worse than a cancer fest. A movie is supposed to make you feel something even if it is anger or disgust at how bad it is. If it can't even do that then it has failed utterly in its most basic purpose.

I'll give you hype, but not brand recognition. Studio recognition maybe, but not franchise recognition. A franchise has to start somewhere

I went to watch it with my normalfag friends, and all I took away from it is that I liked the spade the most as a character. At least he had something resembling an arc, and he actually developed as a character, haphazard and nonsensical as the development might have been.

And this coming from a staunch Holla Forumslack should tell you everything you need to know.

The movie was fucking boring. It recycles everything from the OT, from plot to visuals, it all lacks weight, it just feels like one long commercial pandering to people with nostalgia bait.

The Prequels at least had a multitude of new concepts and visuals to cover up how godawful the plot was, here you have nothing. 20 years onwards everyone is still using TIE Fighters, Star Destroyers and X-Wings. Only the Stormtroopers seem to have switched for Nerf guns, likely to even further remove any real sense of threat from the heroes.

That's how everything is sold nowadays. Games too, they don't sell because they are good games (at best they are mediocre), they sell because they are hyped to high heavens.

People are actually buying the hype, not the product. They are paying for an "experience".

It made me finally understand why the majority of my fellow Holla Forumslacks hate Jews with a burning passion. I finally grasped why the vermin belong in the oven.

That's something, right?

Damning Avatar with faint praise, mang.

Here was his arch in a nutshell.

He was the worst character in that film in my opinion, but I guess it's between him and chompy mc'gee.

That is a intellectual response. It inspired no emotion or feeling from you, just a disdain for the makers. It still fails utterly.

Avatar was great when Quaritch was on screen or the filthy space furries got to feel the white hot rage of the machine god.

The story might have been recycled trash, and the ending a shit deus ex machina, but at least it looked pretty and you could tell it was made with care. Hell, TFA is so goddamn shit it made me start appreciating the Prequels.

And then we later find out he was a janitor. Why the First Order thought to bring a janitor along on a shoah mission is beyond me.

And ook and eek in joy while doing it. Then again, he is a nigger, so lack of empathy is to be expected.

This too is very much in line with what niggers are really like.

Even worse than bitchboi, Mary Sue and the spic pilot that gets no character at all?

Sometimes death is preferable.

Mary sue was annoying because she was unstoppable and there for boring, he was annoying because he was literally written as subhuman trash, but somehow he is the token diversity character.

And he was as much of a bitch as bitchboi, but at least bitchboi's only fault was he was poorly utilized.
As much as I hate Max "Don't blame me, blame everyone else" Landis, his vision of Kylo coming out, tooling both of them at the same time and daring him to kill him over and over again, when he secretly does want to die because he regrets killing his father, but they are both incapable of beating him because obviously they would be.
I would of been a mild saving grace for an otherwise forgettable movie.
I'm already leaking out memories from this flick, hopefully it all goes away.

Like the flintstones movie, or that Alice in wonderland tim burton abomination.
Two movies I watched in theater, and can't remember a goddamn thing about other than the fact I disliked both.

Thanks alcohol.

Granted he was shilling for Terminator 5, but really that he did so should invalidate anything he ever says about movies. If you know he will support a shit movie because money/friendship then how can you ever trust anything he says about a movie?

He doesn't go far enough on TFA either. It was a shit movie. Ripping off ANH is the least of its problems.

God, that was so fucking retarded.
If she wants to stay and get blasted to bits the fucking nig should've just left her.

Even the people that worked on it won't say it's good.

He doesn't want to burn bridges with Disney or JJ, this is the strongest criticism of it you'll see from him in public.

It carries through to their whole Force Awakens industry.

Kylo Ren is on all the merchandise, he's the face of their franchise now and he's not the type of character fit for that purpose. You could argue the same with Vader but it wasn't until ROTJ that he became multifaceted.

You had all these people running out to buy Captain Phasma toys before seeing the movie because the chrome suit looked cool and turns out the actual character was very weak.

Rey and Finn are the main characters and no kid wants a toy of some girl or a black guy, it's fucking Star Wars. You can also forget about geriatric Harrison Ford or Carrie Fisher being toys the kids want, you're left with Kylo and Phasma as the heads of marketing.

starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/06/iain-mccaig-talks-about-production-on-the-force-awakens-hints-at-star-wars-episode-viii-plot.html

I'm sorry, George. I'm so, so sorry.

So Rey was meant to be the granddaughter of Qui -Gon Jinn and Shmi Skywalker?

Disney removes this because they don't want prequel only characters to be important in the new series of movies?

Does his opinion matter anymore?

I'm still miffed that they fucked up the most interesting character in the movie. An ex-stormtrooper who doesn't have the guts to kill. That'd be an interesting story to follow as he slowly awakens to the force, and rejects using it because he's a pacifist. The whole story could be about finding luke to resolve the issue, but instead it becomes about how he has to acknowledge and accept that killing is a neccesity.

No, he just has to be anti-nazi, he's totally willing to kill all of his friends and former comrades. He just dindu nuffin.

Fucking hacks.

The only thing that really got me in the movie was the bromance between Llewellyn and Ooga-booga. There was an actual reason for them to be somewhat friends, and, what's more, I think they share a very odd screen chemistry together. The movie would instantly be 10x better if it were just about them escaping the new order.

Mind, I haven't seen it since it came out in theaters had a celebration with a couple of my friends, one of whom was visiting. We spent 3 hours shitting on it afterwards. same with Batman vs superman. That may just be comparing shit to the absolute dead zone of charisma that is Smuckers.

Seriously, why do so many people find her attractive on any level? They do understand that calling an actress plain is considered a polite insult right?

You know the answer. I have seen people who liked this movie because:"Its a movie for my little girl. Star wars can now be for her and it is not always the man's world." Guess who said that a woman.

They could have cast anyone who was at least average looking I have yet to hear most people criticize her face so long as that person was female and willing to do whatever they told her to do. I say Ridley fit the role perfectly.

Yes, the answer is always yes.

Weren't the original Robot Chicken episodes enough?

Yeah, well, that just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Disney/Kennedy seems to think so, as they "indefinitely" shelved the thing

Meanwhile, they let this happen

Oh boy

Maybe he would still be with us if only we'd bought tickets for the 3D re-release of the Phantom Menace.

I'm so sorry George.

Or Red Tails

Yes George, I can't believe The Fart Awakens made me appreciate the prequels more

RIP in peace. Goodnight, sweet prince.

i actually did.

the blu-ray changes (mainly just cgi yoda replacing the puppet) helped make the film better imo.

tbh i would have felt better about the disney buyout had they continued doing the 3d re-releases, which would have concluded either this year or next year. so yeah, disney fucked up by missing out on extra dosh.

we had carrie fisher do the same shit 40 years ago.

they both suck dick, but avatar sucks less

Part of that I think is because of distribution rights to the originals being with 20th Century Fox

And maybe GL put something in his contract preventing them

why not both?

Depends on what the force awakens 2 we're talking about

No, this was an Episode I scrapped idea.
I'm under the impression Luke married a woman (who got his Skywalker surname) but she was impreginated through the Force.

So technically Rey is a Skywalker. And the real chosen one.

That was by design user, the movie made bank. The whole "nerd" thing is still in yet people don't actually want to be nerds. JJ Abrams said himself he didn't care about Star Trek but he was hired to make it as mainstream as possible.

I know it's RLM, but…

Atleast someone at Lucasfilms had enough sense to stop it

Carrie Fisher actually pushed Lucas to let her wear the Slave Leia outfit. And she was reasonably attractive.

wew

Actually, the Black guy at least had something of a character arc. He just wants to leave the conflict entirely, but he eventually decides to stick around for his friends.

Of course, the only friend he's sticking around for is Rey, who he's practically worshiping despite nearly getting killed by her twice, only one time being accidental.

Then there was his time swinging a lightsaber which I thought was done rather well. Sure he can swing it around, byt the moment he fights someone with actual training in melee combat like TR-8R or Kylo Ren he gets his ass kicked.

Then Rey outdoes him in lightsaber combat despite using a staff all her life, which would be like someone who's trained in Claymores switching to a raiper and being just as skilled with it.

It was basically pandering to the "real Star Wars-fans" who for some reason hates the prequels.

It was so obvious when they included the falcon, Stormtroopers, Tie-fighters, Han Solo, Chewie, Luke etc. It's easy pandering instead of doing an actually great movie.

People enjoyed Finn because Boyega was literally the only person in the entire movie who seemed to be having fun with the role and brought a at-least a tiny bit a levity to the movie.

you know how I can tell you're fifteen?

Stop posting, Rich.

The sad thing is, there were like three seasons worth of material actually made. They claimed they merely wanted kids not to view SW only as a joke before TFA, but that's looking more and more like an excuse to hold people off until they forget. I say it still deserves to be released, but only for the same reasons as The Day the Clown Cried. I mean, if the fucking Holiday Special didn't completely ruin SW's reputation…

I personally think they have been going to shit again lately
They never really properly explained what's the difference between funny schlock and Hollywood-schlock like Roland Emmerich's movies.

that's because there isn't one
people don't like Independence Day because they're stupid, people like Independence day because Independence Day is stupid. When Will Smith punches the alien and says "Welcome to Earth", the audience doesn't shotgun a beer and chant "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH", they laugh. There is no difference at all in the schlock level of the dog running away from the fire in ID and the boat in IDR.

What is this drive within people to be as mediocre as possible?

that's young Drew Carey before he was a fat guy by the way

That's because dinsu is the only one able to act weird isn't its? or at least have a concept of it, need still to improve for sure.
And his character is the only one that have an arc even if badly done

Stop with this meme its triggering me. They both are unknown gay and the tension for kissing is palpable since the first scene shitlord.

They think they have something to show for without putting actual effort in it.

What the fuck are you talking about? Avatar was amazing. James Cameron made $2 billion selling people dances with smurfs. It was the best and most profitable practical joke of all time.

TFA is worse than the prequels because despite having vaguely relatable characters and pacing that has the slightest amount of thought put into it (unlike the prequels), all of its art and audio assets are copy/paste from the OT. Art and audio are the only reasons anyone ever cared about the Star Wars movies, this would be shit like the lightsabers, tie fighters, prequel droids, and the very good sound design for all of them. None of the movies have ever had good characters, stories, and the settings (again just the movies) never really made much sense or had depth to them. At best the non art/audio bits were competent (most of Ep 4 outside of acting).

he also was the only character in the entire movie to have something resembling an arc

He actually did it, the absolute madmen.

Oh the irony! so many jokes and they got bought by disney anyway

At least fisher could act and had more than one fucking expression during the whole movie, and it wasnt "CRACK EYES WIDE OPEN"

On a first glance, i would have placed it about fifth or so as well. But i think i need to really sit down and watch the series again. I think 7 fits better with the release order, but definitely not chronological order.

Stop acting like this wasn't foretold