These two idiotic turds are frankly just as antithetical to the Star Trek experience as J.J. Abram's travesties

These two idiotic turds are frankly just as antithetical to the Star Trek experience as J.J. Abram's travesties.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Changeling_(Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Explain your reasoning, or be accused of bait

There's nothing scientific or even sensible about them, they're just lazy schlock.

This is what happens when you give prima donnas like Shatner and Nimoy too much control.

Are you even a trek fan?
Because that's every fucking trek movie ever.

Not a single trek movie can be judged for being a good "trek" movie, just if it's a good movie or not.
None of it EVER has captured the feel of the series.

Back to
>>>Holla Forums

Trek 1 was a great sci-fi movie.
Trek 2 was a great submarine movie.
Trek 4 was super comfy comedy movie.
Trek 6 was a fun detective story.

The rest are 'meh'

Back to >>>Holla Forums

Just because the climax was a blind fight in a nebula?
Might as well call 6 a submarine movie too.

Fuck off nigger.

nobody else cares to educate this shithead

so yeah you're a faggot

What?

TMP was a very lengthy and high budget Star Trek TOS episode.
Wrath of Khan was a very lengthy sequel to an old TOS episode that did everything right.
Search for Spock was a necessary but okay movie.
Voyage Home was brilliant and funny but another kind of science fiction than Star Trek usually is.
Final Frontier was a kino that tried to reach further than it could grasp.
Undiscovered Country was a decent final film but I think it was also the weakest one next to TMP.

Honestly this is my favorite Star Trek.

please no bully

I liked it but it wasn't as good as Wrath of Khan if you ask me. Khan elevated the material in a way that no other film did.

We all know why that is though, and it wasn't fucking shatner.

Liked both films including the continuity between them.

I hope everyone can agree the Next Generation movies were bad and that most if not all reboot films show they didn't learn their lesson: Star Trek should not be generic action sci-fi set in space, just looking at Beyond trailer and it reminds me too much of the films from the Generations to Nemesis film period.

I would not agree.

I liked First Contact

I think the problem with Generations is too little Kirk and the problem with both Generations and Insurrection is that they just feel like 2 hour long episodes of the TV series, and not the best episodes either.

Nemesis was almost total shit. Plenty of episodes of Next Generation that executed its core concepts much better. Plus they brought back Wesley, albeit briefly.

And yes, the Abrams movies are total shit. But then again, Abrams is total shit so that's really no surprise.

When has Star Trek ever been scientific, ever?

5 is good.

The same people who say looking for God is retarded forget that they spent the previous two episodes looking for a dead man and then Humpback Whales.

It's really not as bad as some people make it out to be. At worst, it's charmingly stupid, and a fun journey into William Shatner's mind.

Both things with proven existence

6 was only the weakest in being mediocre. 5's failings were more spectacular, but it was bogged down by far too many problems for the finished product to be considered great.

3 is necessary but I think it's unrealized potential outweighs the mediocrity of 6.

1, 2, 4, 6, 3, 5, come at me.

Opinion discarded.

Yes my man.

This really is the deepest of them all too. Shatner's directing skills kind of fucked it up but the metaphysical/spiritual themes going on shit all over the rest of the Star Treks.

Maybe, and? It's fiction, i can deal with it and be entertained.

And there's more, Trek is full of jews too.
You mad now? YOU MAD?

trek 1 was basically just an episode of tthe series stretched to 2 hours, resulting in a loss of rhythm and general boredom
trek 2 was a very good ship vs ship movie, and probably the best of the brand
trek 3 was just an average sci-fi flick
trek 4 was an enjoyable 80s comedy movie
trek 5 was shatner
trek 6 was meh overall, but dat ending brings tears to anybody who's attached to the TOS and its cast
trek 7 was utter shit
trek 8 was a very good sci fi flick, and the only good movie with the TNG cast
trek 9 was forgettable
trek 10 was uninteresting
jj's first trek was 2010's style sci fi flick, therefore shit
jj's second trek was like his first, but worse

Is this a good or a bad thing?

wew lad

you might say it shat the bed

But you just described all of star trek.

The Motion Picture was nothing like the series, that's why people hated it. They waited ten years for new Star Trek and when people finally got it, what they got was a poor man's Space Odyssey instead of anything that had anything to do with fucking Star Trek

TMP: 2001 starring William Shatner and soft sci-fi
WOK: fun soft sci-fi space battle flick with nice character moments
SFS: fun but has aged badly
TVH: interesting enemy but misused on a comedy plot
TFF: very mixed, disappointing, some good character moments though
TUC: see previous film but more focused but also more boring
Gen: long, tiresome TNG episode with Kirk
FC: trite 90s action sci-fi, paint-dry tier
Insur: Generations v2.0 minus Kirk
Nem: shitposting on celluloid
JJ1: watchable but nothing special, terrible acting
JJ2: much less watchable WOK redo, complete with lazy direct ripoffs from the earlier entry
JJ3: unreleased but looks like F&F in Space

STAR TREK?! MORE LIKE STAR WRECK!!

SPESS MUVY

i'd argue that 6 was a good "trek" movie, it feel the most like a proper episode than the others

1 is shit but could be so bad it's good.
2 is a decent adventure film but overrated.
3 is shit with a few good bits, could be cut down to about twenty minutes of all the important scenes.
4 is excellent fun if you're into a more comedic approach to Star Trek.
5 is fun too, very surreal and underrated.
6 is probably the best imo, Star Trek as a cold war political thriller.

Can't into math, opinion invalidated.

Also, no fun allowed try hard faggotry.

5 doesn't deserve the hate it gets but, it is intrinsically flawed due to production problems.

1's only fault is some lack of originality due to being a TOS episode remake, but it's masterful execution elevates it above all. 5 could have competed for the top spot if it hadn't entered production help.

you'll find the answer by looking at this vid

it is quite literally a remake of this episode en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Changeling_(Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series)

The Voyage Home (IV) is environmental propaganda about the poor whales being extinct in the future and this somehow pissing off some whale alien which can destroy future earth.

It's so hilariously over the top it might as well be a parody. The only redeeming factor about the movie is the crew being in the 20th century for shenanigans.

I bet you're a filthy humanist or something.
Whales > dindus

6 feels more like a TNG episode.

I think I remember that one and they aren't much alike.

Star Trek 10 was shit because it lacked CIA to take on the Big Guy.

It was more like an Enterprise episode.

But it was good, though

Wasn't there an Enterprise episode that pretty much repeated the plot of 6?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, it was very similar with the kangaroo court judging the commander guilty of a crime not committed, him getting sent to a labour colony and getting rescued by his crew and all that good stuff. I honestly liked it more since it focused more on the Klingons but it did pretty shamelessly rip off the film.

That wasn't the one where they gave a retarded explanation for why TOS' Klingons and TMP/TNG's Klingons look different, is it?

I don't think so but i don't remember. Wasn't that another episode when they were trying to save the cuck doctor when the klingons kidnaped him to cure the plague they created when trying to use the human Khan gene codes to make super klingons or something?