/Cheers/ General

Modern tv is shit, so how about discussing old shows?

Kirstie Alley or Shelley Long?
Woody or Coach?

Rebecca a shit

she wasn't fit to wash Diane's feet. although I would have liked to see that

Rebecca was funnier, imo. She was a total trainwreck.

Diane could sometime just take over a scene and keep going. But I think the show was more interesting with her and sam's relationship.

Not enough unnecessary divershitty and muh stronk female characters tbh

Cheers and Frasier might be the only case where the spinoff was superior to the show it was spun off from

The funny thing is in focus groups everybody thought a Frasier spinoff would be boring.

They really did a good job with it.

much as I hate Woody Harrelson as a person, I gotta say that Woody > Coach

just never found the Coach funny at all. maybe it's because I've had to deal with senile old people IRL, but I just find them annoying

Gary's Old Towne Tavern >>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers

Diane felt far more stable in terms of show quality than Rebecca. Both characters had a bit of a tendency to hijack the show with their shit, but I'd have to say Diane at her best >= Rebecca at her best > Diane at her worst >>>>>>> Rebecca at her worst.

I like Woody and Coach about equally. I will say that the show was better under Woody, but it didn't really have long enough under Coach for the two to be comparable.

I like the older episodes

coach wasn't funny, just sad that you knew he had alzheimers or something. woody was a dumb hick which is funny I guess.

I don't give a fuck about "sam and diane". so rebecca I guess which is somewhat funny plus by this time the show was about all the characters and not sam.

*newer
fuck what was i thinking

For fucking or for comedy?

Kirstie Alley used to be really hot back then. Of course she went and ruined her looks. She's also a psycho bitch as evidenced by her involvement with The Cult

The Simpsons was a spin-off

not really tbh

Disagree tbh

Frasier hit higher highs but it also stooped to much further lows

This is a tacit admission that it was a better show

what would you say is the lowest point of Frasier?

the claymation flashback sequence

Woody, because Coach was pretty much a one-trick pony, barring the few times they used his character for more than stupid old guy jokes.

Diane a shit.
She was just a pretentious pissant to most people and a sycophant to few others. Whereas with Rebecca she was the butt of jokes and the deliverer of jokes.

I like Cheers better because it's not about fucking losers.

Fuck off Gary. Your opinions are shit and so is your dead bar.

you take that back!

Niles is not a 'fucking loser'

You're right, he's just a loser, no fucking here!
also the proper first word when replying to someone posting George Wendt is a redtexted NORM!

Norman…

The final nail in the coffin was having Niles & Daphne get together

I thought it was good how they did it, i.e. that everything wasn't instantly perfect for them just because they got each other

It's EXPLICITLY about losers. But they're funny losers.

I liked it, partly due to my hatred of 'Will they or won't they'.

To me it seemed that they sacrificed something that had been a long running element in the series for the sake of doing something new in a show that was already at that point becoming incredibly stale.

Also Coach >>>>>> Woody.

Coach was hilarious. With Woody they had to add in a dumb acting subplot for him.

I actually think my favorite episode is the one where they hook up.

They had a lot of great episodes following that: the one where Patrick Stewart tries to fuck Frasier, the one where they find a skull and convince themselves their old landlord is a murderer, the one where Derek Jacoby plays a horrid Shakespearean actor whose play they try to sabotage.

Niles' inept attempts at trying to tell Daphne how he felt about her were in themselves getting stale.

This is the reason I dislike 'Will they or won't they' as a plot device. Before they get together it's just like FUCKING BE TOGETHER ALREADY. After they get together the writers inevitably have absolutely no idea what to do with the characters any more. I mean, this is exactly what killed Moonlighting. In the case of Frasier, you can see a clear shift after Niles and Daphne get together towards dramatic storylines and it generally just fucked with the tone of the show.

I completely agree with everything you said. I just wish they could have resolved it by Niles getting over his infatuation, perhaps with Mel or some other woman other than Daphne.

Those were great episodes, particularly the Derek Jacobi one, but you also had some terrible ones too such as when Fraisier imagines every woman he has ever had a relationship are all together.

They both had their strong points. Diane era Cheers was a good romantic comedy, whereas Rebecca era Cheers was a good comedy about people getting into crazy situations. Later on at least, the early Rebecca episodes are almost unbearable.

>Woody or Coach?
Woody, I guess. The other characters respected Coach too much to really take advantage of him being an idiot.

Also, the best character on the show was Carla's ex-husband. Anyone who says otherwise is a faggot.

That's only if you post him walking through the door, like this.

nah, he sucked. their son's gf was a hottie though

I like that one.

The shit before it was weak with Lorna and Clare and whatnot. But there were some good jokes about Lilith and Diane in there.

I liked that he got together with Daphne, I just think that really should have been it. For obvious reasons (number one being that the show is called Frasier not Niles) it couldn't be.

Meh, I never cared for Frasier half as much as Cheers.

This. Cheers was all about friendly bantz between a large group of friends. Frasier is just boring. Not to mention
is the cringiest song of all time.

HEY BABY I HEAR THE BLUES A-CALLIN'

Can we force this, please?

go ahead

I'm at work right now, so I can't make a Kelsey Grammer Macro.

It was a bad Seinfeld knockoff.

Which was itself just a ripoff of All in the Family.

best Rebecca moment is when she walks into her office while reading something, and the office is full of sheep

at first she doesn't notice, but then she bumps into one of the sheep and first she's all "Excuse me" but then she realizes and freaks out

My favorite is where the bar is fucked up due to one of Gary's pranks (they wall off the keg) and she walks out of the office talking about herself, looks at the wall, and asks, "is this in any way my fault?"

When they say no, she leaves happily.

That's actually one of my favorite episodes. It wrapped up the Gary arc perfectly.

do you think Norm's wife actually existed?

maybe he just made her up to seem like a big shot

She was in quite a few episodes. She worked at Melville's for an episode and John Allen Hill fired her for spying on Norm.

She was like Maris on Frasier - the other characters all met her but we never do.

She was also in that Thanksgiving episode, though she had a pie or something covering up her face.