What did you thought about Interstellar?

What did you thought about Interstellar?

I thought I should watch it. Then I never got around to it.

Very flawed but enjoyable movie. not a great Nolan movie tho.

Very emotional, okay I guess.

Good until the ending which was beyond retarded.

FIX YOUR SITE

unbelievably retarded.
It's like if you had a dream about a cool sci-fi movie and then just wrote it down exactly how you remembered it without checking to see if it made any sense.

Some nice visuals and atmosphere at times but it makes no fucking sense at all. 2/5.

Don't.

Had cool visuals. That's all.

This is a really good description.

"Man, I was like a farmer and we had corn but it all died so I went to space even though nobody believed space was a thing and we went to a portal aliens made and then we went to a water planet and almost died from a giant wave but then we went up and the guy on the ship got super old and then we flew to some planet and there was a guy but he was an asshole so we flew off into a black hole and they had my house inside it and then i saved everyone and went home and saw my old daughter die"

Oh shit Marty !

that door explosion literally scared the shit out of me

Luckily you were wearing your theatre diapers that day, right?

Overrated garbage.

no. I don't have any kind of diapers

It looked great, sounded great, and was fairly entertaining.

Considering the state of Hollywood it's the closest thing we're going to get to actual sci fi despite the shit story. By this I mean it wasn't about explosions and shooting ayys as much as it was about exploring spess, light philosophy elements, and some cool technology.

I see it as a reboot of 2001, with its problems stemming from the modern hollywood need to make everything a character story and explicitly explain the plot at the end. 2001's ending was probably similarly retarded too, but they didn't explain it to you and I think it's far better to keep it vague and mysterious in this context.

MURPH

I cried really hard, three times. The first time was when he was watching videos catching up after he got back from the water planet.

The second time was when he was screaming at himself to not leave his daughter in the past.

The third time was when he meets his daughter all old.

Man the waterworks got turned on pretty hard.

This is strange since I don't really cry, pretty much ever.

Pretty great, it gets me right in the feels every time. My only complaint is the awful sound mixing where the music often drowns out the dialogue. For some inexplicable reason, this is the thing it actually won an award in.

I sure don't. 2001 was fucking ruined by its incomprehensible acid trip ending. 2010 is far better kino.

You misunderstand, I meant that if your ending is going to be absolutely retarded then don't try explaining it, which is why 2001 > Interstellar. Having a well written ending that makes sense and isn't vague is ideal, such as 2010 like you said, but most writers are incompetent hack frauds.

that's the only redeeming quality of anime tbh, that they dont try to explain everything, they let the audience figure shit out

american movies stopped doing this decades ago and it sucks. if you have to hold my hand through the denouement your story needed some fucking work

hey, look at the pleb! everyone point and laugh at him for not understanding something so easy to comprehend!

I liked it but the actor playing the main character was not suited for the role. Good actor, wrong role for him. It is hard to do time/space justice in film because it requires a suitable solution to a problem unsolved presently. Making emotional bonds able to travel time/space does present a solution but a hippie one at that– probably every evolutionary psychologist walked out in disgust after seeing the ending.

I'll take any decent sci-fi movie though, not enough of them on a regular basis.

He woke up on a cylinder colony, not a Dyson sphere, didn't he? I've only seen it once and can't remember shit except some baseball gag.

it was boring
daughterfu was cute though

It was environmental propaganda disguised as a science fiction movie.

The movie's plot relied too much on emotional moments, which made it weak because Nolan can't do emotions.

Has some plotholes and other problems but a lot less than most people believe, some people cant seem to grasp the 5th dimensional shenanigans going on.

i thought the whole tesseract thing was pretty awesome, what was stupid is that it was poweed by love… fucking gay

It wasnt, nothing in the movie happened because of love. The retarded woman said some shit about muh power of love but everything was explained scientifically

i think it could've been salvaged if the "eyecandy" moments had more screentime, but alas; it's shit

Visuals were good but all the people prasing them for how deep the "science" was really triggered my autism. The guy ageing 30 years in a few minutes was way too exaggerated. Gravity influences time but their orbiting ship would have experienced very close to the same gravity as the crew on the ground.

I really liked it. I think Nolan makes great movies but his diehard fans ruin it by talking like he's the second coming of Christ. If there wasn't such hero worship then contrarian places like Holla Forums probably wouldn't hate him so much.

It was breddy gud until the whole "luvs transcend everythang!" and it just went to fuck after that

its a fucking time-travel movie, and they pull a huge paradox mcguffin bullshit to save everything

Also they travel to another galaxy not another star

You're retarded

Boring, melodramatic and retarded. So like any other Nolan film.

It looks nice though…just a shame it's not a hour long silent flick.

What?
The only reason they had it is because he saved the earth/universe or whatever. But he was only able to do so since he had the machine that couldn't be built without him using it.
That's not deep or timeloopy or some shit, it's just sloppy writing.

And the whole villain-shit? Really?

Stupid as all fuck. I am honestly amazed at people that think this was a deep and meaningful movie, and I suspect half of them are paid shills.

First third of the movie was completely pointless drivel that could have been cut down to 10 minutes, or cut altogether.

NASA is so poor they have a highly advanced robot AI guarding their secret compound. Guess they don't have the budget to hire Carlos to do it for them. Also, let's not forget out hero finds the fucking place through the power of dust reading, and he just happens to be the last astronaut on Earth or some shit.

Next part is kind of good, as they prepare to launch, go through the singularity (which looked as good as can be expected). Then we come to the first planet, and oh boy was it fucking shit. "We're not ready for this", no shit Sherlock. Couldn't even waste a little time to scan the surface, maybe then they wouldn't have missed the fuckhuge tsunami coming their way. At least the robot got some use I guess.

After that it's the ice planet, right? And that was boring too, because it deals more with Matt Damon going insane than with anything interesting, and then we have the woman wanting to go on a suicide mission to be buried with her dead lover. At least they got the part where the female is an emotional child right.

Then there's the ending, which was so goddamn stupid words fail me. Oh, and it was basically what an epilogue would be like if it was a cuckold. Our hero gets cucked by his strong, independent daughter womyn that magically nullifies gravity and saves all of the human race. Fin.

Proof enough that Hollywood is now completely incapable of making sci-fi.

The movie was too advanced for most people.

is love quantum mechanics? could love be the answer to the quantum computers?

It's okay. One thing I didn't like was the sound because half the time the EPIC SO EMOTIONAL music was blaring so loud I couldn't make out what anyone was saying.

that shit needs to stop, i dont want to go deaf from watching a movie in a theater where the entire fucking room is a physical amplifier. sound mixers need to do a better job at that shit

you clearly missed the part where cooper says "love transcends the universe"

simply put, the power of love literally allowed cooper's daughter to solve the gravity equation thing and save humanity

eat dick you faglord

That's deep. They should've also had the villain defeated with the power of friendship.

It wasn't love you idiot, he touched the 5th dimensional plaid stitching to help her figure the shit out.

It's not that simple. The waves on the surface would be moving extremely slowly relative to their current time on the ship. Still might have been able to correct for that, I dunno.

The moment the power of love was introduced to explain space shit it ruined the whole movie for me, I really really expected at least a try to make everything work but we got the power of love… and that fucking scene where he watches his daughter or some shit, what are the fucking odds of that? just what the fuck

fuck that movie

The odds were 100% since the people who made the tesseract made sure he would see and interact with his daughter at that exact time.