It's a Future Trunks vs Black Goku episode

So is this actually airing now? Is it any good? Did they change present Trunks' hair to match Future Trunks?

i don't get it.

i thought this show was to take place immediately after dbz ended.

did it jump ahead in time, or is this just out of the timeline for the sake of keeping interest?

also, why are goku and vegeta doing the earrings again, didn't they promise to never do that shit again?

It's future trunks, the one who came back to fight Cell. Back in the future 'Black Goku' shows up, makes the earth even more post apocalyptic to the point there are no humans and Trunks is an anorexic little shit who can't turn SS anymore.

why doesn't he just blow up the planet?

He's specifically tormenting Trunks for some reason

well that's dumb as fuck, worse than gt imo

Black goku more like
Future gotenks

That's a nice meme for those who wish to appear more knowledgeable to other anonymous people on the internet.

It's one thing to be Stockholm Syndrome'd into believing you need to see every bit of Dragonball media to the end out of some sense of devotion and closure. Obviously all of those people know that Namek exploding was a thing.

It would be quite another thing to actually willingly tune into the horseshit that the series has become without having the nostalgia over when it was decent to make you watch it.

I seriously hope the latter isn't a scenario for anyone.

That looks like Chevy Chase

Honestly, I'm intrigued just for the plot holes alone.

Why does Future Trunks have blue hair when Normal Trunks has kept the exact same design he's always had?

Why is Mai there, and at the exact same age as Future Trunks when there are no Dragon Balls in their world with which she could wish herself younger?

Why?

A design change, most likely.

The same reason why Cell didn't disappear when his body was destroyed as a larva. There's some crossroading between different timelines.

The former is happening to the entirety of Mexico.

It takes place before the tournament where Goku meets Uub and flies off to train him.

How can it be Future Gotenks if Trunks is fighting him? Do you mean Future Goten?

Yes, that's obvious. I'm asking why bother to change Future Trunk's design but keep the regular Trunks looking exactly the same, purple hair and everything. It's not like people are going to confuse them.

I don't understand, elaborate please

Well, the way time travel works is in Dragon Ball is that actions in the past lead to the creation of timelines that are entirely separate from the main storyline.

Future Trunks was entirely unaffected when Cell was killed in the past (I'm talking about Cell's primitive larva form), so his own indigenous timeline would not have been affected either. IIRC Mai wished herself younger before everybody got slaughtered by the Androids, so Future Trunks will end up with her either way.

The Cell that they fought, the Larva and Future Trunks were all from three different timelines.

Except that she didn't, which is obvious by her age alone. The Pilaf Gang wished themselves younger before Battle of Gods, and it couldn't have been much before Battle of Gods otherwise they would have aged closer to how they looked in their first appearance when Goku and Friends encounter them in Battle of Gods.

It's a plot hole, plain and simple. There is absolutely no reason why Future Mai should be Trunks' age.

I kinda wish Mai would fuck off already and bring back Lunch.

this is already off to a rough start… also, I thought the way he killed Bulma was a tad dark.

Holy shit DBS is fucking retarded, I'm glad I stopped watching after the first 5 episodes.

At least it's not as bad as GT, but that's not saying a lot.

Goku would have been dead before Goten could have been conceived in Future Trunks' timeline.

Glad I didn't bother watching this, then.

After the namak saga, the show just continued to progress into shit.
If you're still watch the show and are seriously invested in this shit, then there is no question about it.
You're an autistic sperglord hipster faggot.
Seriously the show ruined itself when it introduced the concept of power levels.
It's more autistic than Naruto, or One Piece, or a half aborted dumpster baby of both combined at this point.
The moment it was established that the human Z fighters had gotten to the point where even the weakest members had power levels much higher than Frieza did originally, is the moment any sane person would just throw the series in the trash.
They can't just keep upping the fucking anti when Vageta already possessed enough power to destroy the earth during his first fucking visit there.

This is the exact autism I was talking about.

is there any reason for this or is it just a non-sequitur?

Sell toys.

Yeah, and both died in really shitty ways.

Bulma gets vaporized before our eyes in a very DBZ fashion, but again, it felt a little dark in tone for what the source material is.

Mai is killed while being a distraction… against Black Goku… she dies the instant she tries to do something and is a completely meaningless sacrifice. This made worse by the fact that Trunks just sat there and watched it happen instead of intervening in any way.

I'm really trying to stick with it. I liked the movies and I love both Dragon Ball and Z. Hell, I suffered through GT… but this one is getting rough.

Yeah, it reminds me of when capeshit tries to make things more epic by introducing stuff like "omniversal entities" and 'beings that can wipe out fiction and the real world.' Superman Beyond did this and I rolled my eyes.

so what happened to make goku go edgy mcgrimdark? am i also to understand he killed everyone on earth except for trunks?
i never followed dbz all that closely.

while we're talking about dbz, does anyone know where to find a DL for the original english run of dbz, ie no dbz kai mixed in?

I'm pretty sure they've got tons of unsold stock of DBKai toys lying around. Be much less expensive to sell the Future Trunks ones as is, as opposed to spending money recolouring them.

Do you mean Ocean dub or early Funimation? You can find both on ADC but they're raw DVDISO's, and shit takes a ton of space. People have tried muxing it into raws from the Dragon Box but it's hard to do.

Oh yea, fucker just stood there and watched. And after she is killed he runs up to her corpse and starts crying like a faggot while goku watches smugly. Fucking retarded

I actually like Dragon Ball Super after the movies redo.

What you mean it's hard to care about peter parker juggling spiderman with his highschool life and his math homework when you know there are entities which could eat the planet, galaxy, or all existence and have done so multiple times?
Whaaaat?

I'll have you know my friend, that when Goku was trying to learn how to drive a car right after he defeated the universes most powerful being, I was captivated!
Riveting stuff really.