America BTFO

archive.is/h2029

Jackie Chan can say whatever he wants, but the fact that Chingchongs have a pleb taste in kino still remains.

Good to know that Blizzard shekels are being used to pay for these shills instead of making Legion not suck.

With all the comedies with Jackie I forgot how nationalistic the chinese are.

Chan's not even mainland Chinese, he's from Hong Kong.

Chan is a huge PRC shill

I wonder what they have on him

His parents would be ashamed. They fled to Hong Kong to get away from the communists.

I would literally learn a dead language like Latin or German before learning Chinese.

A movie done in English with an American director and American actors is going to make people want to learn Chinese?

Duncan Jones is British. He's David Bowie's son

British/American whatever. Still Hollywood tier.

it should be mildly interesting when chinese state propaganda becomes a major part of world film culture

Am I supposed to care?

why would the Chinese like this shit?

Anything that isn't pure PRC propaganda is probably refreshing to them, which is why they show up in droves to see trash like this.

Chinese are apparently big World of Warcraft fans.

I doubt it would happen. Americans aren't going to watch Chinese movies and I'm doubtful that Americans are going to put Chinese government propaganda in their movies no matter how desperate they get.

The chinkos limit the number of western movies coming in so the film makers try to chink their movies up so they get in

And with companies and movie theaters becoming owned or funded by the slant eyes its going to happen
I think that Matt Damon Mars movie is an example
An Iron man movie had new footage with popular Chinese actors shot for it

IIRC some WW2 movie had a subplot with Chinese commandos helping the heroes in Europe added

They pander to them, yes. But pure Chinese propaganda? I doubt they'd go that far.

with the internet they won't be able to stop them, it doesn't matter what theaters are showing anymore. and people watch loads of foreign language genre films these days, just look at how successful anime is in the states
plus there's a booming asian middle class in the US for word of mouth

Chingchong Chan seems to ignore the fact that western audiences don't see movies based on vidya.

No they don't.
It's a dying niche market, in which there is really only one major player because most of the competition died off.

I guess I didn't phrase that well, they don't watch a huge variety of foreign movies but the big foreign movies get a lot of attention. Pan's Labyrinth, Audition, City of God, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Oldboy (to name a few) have all been huge hits stateside, and hong kong action movies, anime, and jap horror all have significant followings here.

I don't mean the niche market, I mean stuff like the fansub community. Do you realize how amazing and historically unprecedented that is, to have such an audience that high-quality translations of foreign television shows for children are available?

Nobody will fucking learn Chinese. Nobody will ever bother watching Chinese movies. Nobody will care about Chinese music.

China is nothing but a slave society that makes consumer items.

Yeah, not happening. The largest film schools in the world are the one in Seoul, Korea, and the School of Cinematic Arts at USC. The latter is the host to a plethora of famous directors and has lots of connections, and uses English as a language.

China will never be a bastion of film. It will always be LA.

Out of all of those movies, one of them is Chinese, and it had such a tremendous worldwide success due to specific factors in the film industry at the time (martial arts films were a very, very novel thing for westerners).

Sure, filmmakers are going to kowtow to the Chinese in exchange for their creative liberties, but the idea that Hollywood will directly collaborate with the Chinese government to make propaganda films for money is bullshit.

Also, the Chinese film industry is never going to compete with Hollywood.

I didn't say chinese cinema is big now. I said it WILL be big
I didn't say that either. China will produce propaganda independent of Hollywood's propaganda, and because of international culture and the internet, we will get to watch both of them
like hell it won't. the Chinese government has a heavy incentive to push domestic propaganda and displace Hollywood's influence on its populace

Makes sense since farming money in shitty MMO's is their national export.

Also dying

yeah but that's because the anime fad is over

It's more to do with the fact that people like Crunchyroll are strong-arming them out, coupled with the fact that the Japanese are actually really strict on piracy. They can actually send you to prison if they find out you're pirating shit.

only in japan though, the fansub community existed because they weren't otherwise available. sorry to hear that they're getting pushed out though.

How do you think people get episodes to sub when there aren't any available streams?

well but that piracy is lower risk, they only have to supply it once and the content owners haven't gone after those guys much

America > China never forget Pearl Harbor

*Harbour

britcuck pls

I saw a whole 60 minutes segment about the emerging film industry in China.

The fact that the government intervenes to ensure no anti-government sentiments are in the film says to me that their industry is a joke. Can you imagine a film like John Q being shown over there? For all the billions they spend, not having freedom of expression means they're just amateurs in both filmmaking and society.

To be fair, American films faced heavy censorship in their near infancy.

you think hollywood is some shining beacon of freedom of expression? we don't need anything as heavy-handed as censorship, anti-government films simply don't get funded, promoted, or critically acclaimed.

Depends who's running the government. When it was Bush's government there was no end of anti-government films.

really though? the only mainstream ones I can think of is fahrenheit 9/11 – a pretty big success, I'll admit, but a movie Disney actually tried to suppress, also criticism of its inaccuracies rapidly saturated the media. It's true that a similar movie wouldn't be released in today's China, but is that kind of heavy-handed suppression really the most effective propaganda strategy? what political film in this country led to real change? was george bush tried for war crimes after the release of fahrenheit 9/11? was he even voted out of office?
meanwhile the action genre was and is completely saturated with movies glorifying military adventurism and super spies like the Sum of All Fears and the james bond movies

ftfy

yeah what a fucking unfair world, I bet JEWleywood won't even buy the script for my pro-eugenics blockbuster

Reminder.