Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IUHCypVac60
youtu.be/g91KQB2TvF8
youtube.com/watch?v=vC_pxMm-w58&list=PLKmmElmiQkLCB5V4Ey-Cn7f5QAjyFb5uL
sbs.com.au/food/programs/gourmet-farmer/listings/page
abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/default.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TEST

He's great until his autism starts flaring up and he refuses to use simple purpose-built tools because

So he ends up constructing some disposable paper maché tin foil monstrosity to take the place of a regular god damn smoker.

by far the comfiest cooking show ever

just hearing the theme again makes me feel like I'm watching it by the fireplace with my parents again

A few months ago I had no interest in cooking shows, and I had a seething hatred for how lazy Science channel and other entertainment productions have become.
It was stupid late, and I was desperate to find something to watch, as I flipped through the channels I came across Good Eats, and it caught my attention and I enjoyed it, just to see someone show me something that actually has some care and effort put into it.

I ended up downloading the show and watching all the episodes.

It's valuable advice though for people with limited kitchen space. A cardboard box lined with tin foil makes a great smoker and you dont have to spend hundreds on something you dont know you will ever use again.

Although Good Eats is top notch, there is one better show: Ainsley's Barbecuing Bible

Is it just me, or is Gordon Ramsay's food overrated? I tried many different recipes, and Brown's, Nigella's, Emeril's, Oliver's and many other chefs food was at least good, but Ramsays was underwhelming at most. His scrambled Egg was especially underwhelming, and yet people couldn't shut up about it.

Cutthroat Kitchen > Good Eats.

It is Alton Brown in his final form.

it counts.

it doesn't

more like cucking show

america's test kitchen
made in spain
julia and jacques cooking at home

literally any other cooking show on PBS is better than this edutainment trash. alton brown is the mythbusters school of cooking, for every one thing you learn you get twenty minutes of filler and ads. fuck that man with a vegetable peeler.

I seriously do not like po' boys without some kind of mayo, way too dry

They're both great in their own right.

With how god awfully low-effort and shitty other edutainment programs and channels have gotten, the quirky characters, skits, and demonstration techniques of Good Eats are a breath of fresh air.

why not enjoy the gentle caresses of Julia Child instead

I was thinking the same thing.

It's not just you. I too fucking hate his scrambled eggs. I have no idea why he acts like he is the king of scrambled eggs.

But his other recipes are…suspect. He really seems to like to make things more bitter whenever he gets a shot.

My mother fuckin nigga. Spicy mayo perhaps?

You did not just claim there's a better cooking show than pic related, you filthy uncultured swine.

Accurate. Chen Kenichi best Iron Chef.

fuck yes, I make mine with canned chipotle peppers

I like his scrambled eggs
some people like tougher scrambled eggs, is what it boils down to. chefs have wildly different preferences for fried egg technique too – some of them love them browned and some of them like them cooked at the lowest heat possible

anything with Bourdain is worth watching

Yes, G-d forbid professional chefs actually be challenged. Listen and believe.

You mean like the time he ate a meal in Vietnam with the drone bomb nigger king?

I disagree with your politics, but I approve of your image macros

Martha Stewart

Dinner and a Movie

Giada De Laurentits

well, at least you can say you tried

Do drinking and eating shows count?

He's partly responsible for hipsters though

let me give you a hint

Seriously though Zane is amazing

fuckin tarded tbh

OHOOOHOOOHOOO
JC is my cookfu. She may look like she was hit by the ugly train and dragged along to every stop but this biddy knows her techniques and spices and shared them with style and panache.

I miss you bae ;_;

superlative cooking show coming through

He uses unitaskers (moreso in later seasons, when episodes had a narrower focus on something you can't make without a certain tool built for the job), without declaring his own exceptions to the rule he'd been berating viewers about (narcissism). Then he did a 360 on eating healthy and became a calorie autist. Couldn't stand him in later seasons. Pro's tip: most of the cooking basics can be found in cookbooks (like basic, prose-heavy cookbooks with minimal illustrations, not a themed or picture-book cookbook).

I just wish I could find a good source for technique tutorials, my knife skills a shit

still garbage

forgot pic

Thank you. I thought I was crazy with how everyone praised his recipes.

See, it's not only scrambled eggs. His other recipes somehow always yield disappointing results. His chilli beef and lettuce wraps for example was all heat and no flavor, and Ramsay even fucked up spaghetti sauce. It all come out rather flat and boring. Honestly, his stir fried duck with noodles and Gazpacho were the only good ones I came across.
I am tempted to say that Brits just don't know how to cook, but then there are chefs from Britain that are actually good.

Auntie Fee, nigga!

How long does it take to go bald, he must of lost it because of stress, because he has a stubborn thinning hairline

I haven't tried any of his other recipes. what was wrong with the spaghetti sauce, maybe it's just a different type than you're used to? his beef wellington looks pretty good though.

Iron chef is the only exception to this rule, and only the original Japanese one.
The American one is dog shit.

Compared to
Or

The other alternative is watching producers pick some cute mildly fuckable barely legal blonde who served Gordon Ramsay raw goddamn chicken as her final dish in the competition to be master chef.
It's right there in the credits after every episode

at least he's not an SJW

You can stop further balding with scalp massage and good shampoo. I did it.

at least you didn't say coconut oil

This and more wishful thinking brought to you by people still up at 4AM.

or nofap

My only problem with him is his agreeing with the dry rub bbq faggots. Sauce has and always will be superior. I don't give a shit that the south wants dry ribs instead of ribs dripping in delicious sauce.

Daytime here.

Good show. American version fucked that formula up and I heard the revival of the original show didn't do so good. American Iron Chef isn't still going on right is it, since they've already replaced it with more refined and popular competition shows like Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen? If it wasn't for Iron Chef such shows wouldn't be popular since they clearly took elements from it that was surprisingly lacking in the american version of Iron Chef.

Since someone mention Good Eats, I bet I know a show that people don't remember that borrowed heavily from that show. I think it was called What Would Brian Boitano Make. Yes, the figure skater got his own show on Food Network. If you want to see an alternate world where Good Eats failed, look no further than that show. Might be hard to find. I only caught one episode when it first aired with Kristi Yamaguchi in it early in the morning in a sleepy haze.

Full episodes of this show are uploaded if anyone's curious, but it's using RTMPE, so sorry for no webm. youtube-dl doesn't work for this video.

youtu.be/IUHCypVac60

Mah nigga.

It's now just about possible to watch this show from beginning to end, since they reaired the first episode in Japan a while back. There's a lot of good shit that NEVER got on US screens.

Any thoughts on this show that he hosted?

youtu.be/g91KQB2TvF8

Well, I was wrong, it wasn't spaghetti sauce but bolognese sauce.
Ramsay didn't use celery, seasoning was limited to only salt, pepper, and oregano, and he completely ruined the whole thing with Worcestershire sauce. Not to mention the biggest offense - Ramsay simmered his sauce for "few minutes," instead of normal hour and a half or more.

Flavor had no depth, was boring, and ended up being too acidic. It was worse than store bought canned sauces.

yeah I don't like the quick-cooked variety much either
strangely enough some people prefer it, you can talk about complexity all you like but the characteristic freshness of quick-cooked tomatoes goes away with a long simmer
maybe it's a brit thing? they have lots of bastardized versions of international recipes. but in terms of "authenticity" keep in mind that the original bolognese sauce didn't even have tomatoes in it

I bet you own a waffle-iron, faggot.

lots of people build their own (sometimes temporary) smokers, it is not practical to have a big metal can in your yard unless you use it a LOT

Mah nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=vC_pxMm-w58&list=PLKmmElmiQkLCB5V4Ey-Cn7f5QAjyFb5uL

practice. Also just watch chefs. At work though, not on TV. They dial the fancy up to 11 for that shit.

here's my contributions
Gourmet Farmer
sbs.com.au/food/programs/gourmet-farmer/listings/page

It's about a sterotypical food critic who actually puts up and tries to become a farmer. The countryside is amazing, the food is amazing. This is probably the greatest ad for Tasmanian tourism ever.

The Cook and the Chef
abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/default.htm
Watch flamboyantly Gay but mysteriously married (to a woman) Girly Chef man and his mother cooking nice food and having sick bantz.
It's always a bit chintzy whenever they go out in the field but the cooking is pretty great.

nah, I like Alton Brown but even he can't redeem that shit show

I disregarded him eternally after he disrespected Trump

he was always a leftist retard when it came to politics though

COMFY

Food Party

Baking is cooking

and that's why I download all my manga now

He's ALWAYS been like that though. He took a trip to the South in one episode a few years back and basically went on all show about how US non-Democrats piss him off more than people from other countries he's dealt with who are legit hyper retarded because muh culture. In between eating the food of course.

His head looked like it was going to pop off at the neck when he went to see Nugent and the army vets at the end.

And yeah I am sure there's a certain amount of scripting on those kinds of shows but his reaction is in-line with everything else he's ever indicated

That looked like a comfy cookout though

what

Are thick people better cooks than slim people?

He always has to buy the most expensive stuff…

I think you're putting the cart before the horse.

Thickness is a consequence of being a good cook.

GET OUT
NOW