Is this the year when the simpsons die?

Is this the year when the simpsons die?

Other urls found in this thread:

renewcanceltv.com/the-simpsons-renewed-for-seasons-27-28-by-fox/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_138th_Episode_Spectacular
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I stopped watching at like 13, what the fuck.

What the fuck made "Teenage Mutant Milk-caused Hurdles" have that many viewers in comparison to the rest?

Probably had a guest star that drew in the normalfags.

let's hope so ffs

Sofia Vergara…

It's been renewed for at least another year

renewcanceltv.com/the-simpsons-renewed-for-seasons-27-28-by-fox/

The show would've maintained a perfectly unified base if they stopped in 1997

They would've still done good if they ended the show in 1999, or 2000, or even 2001.

Hell, I would've even applauded/appreciated those who worked on the show if they decided to stop at long last in 2007 with The Movie being the definitive end to the whole story, that thing was the shit probably due to a grand majority of preliminary work on the film being done in the 90s/turn of the millennium so a lot of unused golden era magic was present that had been missing in the series for quite a while by that point

But no, they just kept on going, and they still are. How? What for? Every possible story without a major shakeup occurring (and even with a couple major shakeups) has been told 10 times over by this point. What statement are they trying to prove? They're not doing this for enjoyment, they're commissioned by Fox to do this every year. for what is quickly dangerously approaching 30 years. THREE. DECADES. If you were Bart's age when the show started, you'd be Homer's age next year. I ran out of all possible rationalizations several seasons ago, when they continued following their 500th episode. That was the last milestone of theirs I was expecting.

Well, Smithers recently came out as gay because one of the writer's sons was gay and wanted to pander to him

That's a pretty big shakeup, who the fuck would have imagined that Smithers was gay? Like what the fuck

Uh, Smithers has been known as gay since about the third or fourth season. Remember Rosebud? This isn't new by any stretch of the imagination.

They're going to continue until it's more costly to make than they receive in revenue.

Nigger have you ever watched the simpsons? There have never been ANY clues pointing towards smithers being gay

Who are the fucking retarded, fatassed, cucked neckbeards who still watch this show?

It's been bad for over twenty fucking years.

are you retarded?

Smithers has been known to be gay for a long time and there have been many, many, many references to it

Like what?

They're baiting.

Everyone knows Smithers is gay, for Burns at least. It really worked best when he was only gay for Burns.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_138th_Episode_Spectacular

From 1995 (season 7), there was a clipshow of all the "dubious" moments of Smithers' sexuality until that moment.

Back then, it was funny because it was ambiguous. Then they had to ruin it later on, as with all Simpsons jokes.

He's being sarcastic you nig nog.

Are you being sarcastic too? Are the other anons in this thread being sarcastic about being sarcastic? Am I being sarcastic right now? Have we entered a whole new realm of meta-meta-meta-post-sarcasm? I don't think I'm autistic enough to keep up with all of this.

I can tell by the titles that this season is going to be a standout.

I wish Harry Shearer had quit like he said he would

maybe then the show could have died

Dude I was taking the piss and being sarcastic you autistic fucking faggot

I think you're reading too deep. Smithers was never ever gay in the old seasons.

This is an ass pull.

When will they learn?

Well of course, she is the main character in Zombie Simpsons after all.

Yes, but now he's come out as being gay, when the whole joke before was that he was in the closet.

We all knew he wasn't going to quit anyway. Nothing can kill this monster. Hell, even if most of the cast died, they'd just get their non-union Mexican equivalents.

Ugh, wallowing in post-modern irony as an escape from all accusations, typical toxic feminized liberal beta male.

Nah, 2.5 million is still a pretty good pull. I have to wonder what the draw for Cue Detective was, though.

I'll always consider the Tennesee Williams parody to be the canonical version of Smither's sexuality.

Smithers key character trait is that he's a sycophant, it's not as funny if it's just the idea that he's a gay man who really likes his disgusting old boss. Smithers is funny because he likes being a pathetic underling and loser.

He used to be "Burnsasexual" according to the writers, but they slowly just changed it to be that he was gay.

Gotham, that piece of shit show no one likes, pulls in better ratings than this. Same for Supergirl. Simpsons, in its prime, pulled in at least ten times what it's pulling in now.

This is not a 'pretty good pull'. Ratings for this shit are at an all time low.

probably some significant event show right before

yeah NFL Vikings vs Seahawks wildcard playoffs was on FOX right up until the start

Even the creators are signaling how much pain they're in.

America has a population of over 300 million and only 2 million Americans are still watching the Simpsons. It's far less alarming than you make it seem.

Nigger, we entered that room years ago.

succ

And by him coming out they completely ruined the joke.

And they completely ruined the joke by doing that.

I rushed this one.

Imagine, still being a writer for this show. Once in the glory days, still going on, as it is beaten to the ground.

The Simpsons died the day Swartzwelder handed in his final script

The man is a fookin' legend.

A FUCKING LEGEND

Swartzwelder is awesome. He wrote a bunch of novels that are hilarious.

They should've ended when South Park and Family Guy took over the spot.

and South Park should have quit after season 7

Disagree. Then we wouldn't have had magic such as this

Was that supposed to be funny?