I really really really want to see an "Indiana Jones" type movie

Why is there no love for just an adventurer hunting for some treasure? That's all I want. I don't have high standards. Why aren't there any movies like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3663490/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4
moviefone.com/2008/05/23/cinematical-seven-indiana-jones-influences/
imdb.com/title/tt0073341/
imdb.com/title/tt1179025/?ref_=nv_sr_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here you go

imdb.com/title/tt3663490/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

Thanks, I will look into this.

What is it like? Even though I like Black Sails, I was kinda disappointed that the ship scenes were so few and far between.

So are they on adventure a lot?

And is the comedy not obnoxious and good?

national treasure? there's a series of really shitty indiana jones parodies called "the librarian"
there's the mummy
but really adventure films are more a genre of the past, there are loads of them from the early 20th century you might like. treasure of the sierra madre and ben hur are a couple of classics. the thing is indiana jones isn't really a typical action adventure movie, it's more of a straight adventure movie. that's the genre you should look at.

King Solomon's Mines

they are terrible
fucking terrible
plus you're probably a NEET so they'll give you horrible feels

I also noticed a lot of associated moviesā€¦

watched them both

That's why I like it.

tell me right now why you think it's shitty

I think I will avoid that. thanks for nothing user :^)

you could also try looking into the kinds of adventure serials indiana jones was based on.
moviefone.com/2008/05/23/cinematical-seven-indiana-jones-influences/

Wow, some of these movies were created while the west still had colonies.

I want those types of adventure movies back, maybe it's worth it to bring back colonialism just for that?

nah neocolonialism is much more cost-effective

But political intrigue, complicated bureaucracy, behind-the-curtains backroom deals don't inspire ADVENTURE.

we haven't stopped murdering people, we just use mercenaries and foreign armies instead of our own
we killed 150k civilians invading iraq and our soldiers rape everyone, even our allies in Japan, the days of military adventurism are far from over

I don't mean that kind of adventure. I might as well watch standard american action movies then.

I mean the adventure of survival, of exploration and wonder. One man and his will to find a treasureā€¦

It doesn't even need to have typical action stuff in it. I like to play stealth games myself and I prefer if the protagonist of the story doesn't murder people or at least only in self-defense.

Can you relate to that in any way, bro?

They made adventure cinema only until the 70's. After which it has been only action flicks with no regard for the elements of adventure, exploration and wonderment.

Here's one of the last good ones.

imdb.com/title/tt0073341/

That really sounds interesting. Not exactly what I had in mind, but still very cool.

Thanks!

you can have a real life adventure, if you don't mind getting malaria or murdered by south american rebels
but it's true, the rugged frontier is pretty much a thing of the past. I think indoor plumbing and advanced medicine is a pretty good tradeoff though

nah romancing the stone is '84, it's just not as popular a genre anymore

Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow was alright.

And White Hunter, Black Heart is '90. Mere anomalies, confirming the rule.

I do think that Romancing the Stone is more of an action flick, than actual adventure film.

really? the only action I remember is the car chase, everything else is knives and intrigue until the gun battle at the end which our heroes avoid. The meat of the movie is Kathleen Turner visiting Colombia and traveling through the jungle, it's so much like raiders of the lost ark that people at the time called it a ripoff

You can't get much closer to indiana jones than this
imdb.com/title/tt1179025/?ref_=nv_sr_4

Sahara was pretty good. Shame they aren't going to adapt more books in the series.

Something I wanted to mention before. Why are so many adventure movies similar to Indiana Jones Comedies?

I am browsing imdb and in addition to action and adventure, most of the movies also are comedies.

Used to watch this shit a lot as a teen, since Tia Carrere gave me quite a hard on.

First Librarian was alright, but 2 sequels after it are trash.

Tomb raider.

Go watch "The Mummy" again, it's 20 years old now and will be the closest thing we'll ever get to another Indy film.

I actually watched it just a month ago.

Indiana Jones meets steampunk with a side order of le ebin hacker meme

oh shit, I remember that series. I remember it was really fun watching it when I was a kid. Did the MC chick and her sidekick ever got together?

There's those National Treasure movies with Nicolas Cage.

Just watch this shit you manchild furfag.

But it's rated very badly on imdb. Why do you want to pitch me a bad movie, user?

Can't remember it myself, but I think he hooks up with blond secretary.

THIS

I don't think that's true. Indiana Jones was inspired by 1930's adventure serials, not Victorian literature.

Eh, good enough. I remember she was somewhat lewd.