Shock Treatment > Rocky Horror Picture Show

Shock Treatment > Rocky Horror Picture Show

Music was better, cheesy absurdity was all there, acting is arguably better, musical segments were better, plot was more coherent and better.

Why did this fail so hard and not even get a cult following?

it was extremely limited release and got no advertising whatsoever, with some theaters have exclusive midnight showings for the movie so hardly anyone went.

"The return of captain invincible" is better than those two.

Was anyone involved in this that was involved in Rocky horror or Shock treatmen?

If only, I had that webm…

Which one has the best music is debatable. If you like punk and 80's synth rock more than classic rock, the Shock Treatment has the better music. If glam rock is more of your thing, then it's Rocky Horror. I personally think that 1973 Original London Cast of Rocky Horror Show has the best music. Vid related can never be topped.

IMO Shock Treatment has the better story, but the production was ruined by the small budget. Also, it's much more tame and adult than Rocky Horror, which is why it didn't catch much interest. It has Jessica Harper's best performance though.

Stopped reading right there. Death to dubs wasters.

This song is like 10x better than Meme Warp.

Bet you also like Grease 2 better huh?

Kennedi trips

Fug

"Shock Treatment" and "Denton, Denton" are the only songs I remember from Shock Treatment. oh, and "Little Black Dress".

RHPS has "The Sword of Damocles", "I Can Make You A Man", "Rose Tint My World", "Wild and Untamed Thing", "Whatever Happened To Saturday Night?", "Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me", "Science Fiction, Double Feature" in adition to Meme Warp and Sweet Memevestite.

Shock Treatment Janet is qt though.

Sounds more like you just have a bad memory. I can actually remember all the songs from both. I've watched them both multiple times. Shock Treatement is clearly better.

Come on, there are more songs than those 3. Vid related, Bitching in the Kitchen, Me of Me, Carte Blanche, Look What I Did to my Id, the title track, they're all good.

Bitching In The Kitchen and Me of Me are okay. Lullaby and Anyhow Anyhow are pretty good. title track is best.

also FAGGOTS ARE MAGGOTS. THANK GOD I'M A MAN.

Do you eat nutritious, high protein and swallow raw eggs? Try to build up you shoulders chest arms and legs?

The original London cast is really good, but I prefer the original 1974 Roxy cast myself. I like how fast fast paced and bombastic the songs are. Both are miles better than the movie though. They slowed down most of the songs and I just didn't think they sounded as good as the stage show versions.

Shock Treatment was ahead of it's time in predicting that the media would go out of its way to turn guys into cucks. Brad even looks and acts like the betas of today.

I'm surprised that Richard O'Brien didn't try and get a remake going during the whole reality TV phase.

Roxy cast didn't have Little Nell and Patricia Quinn. London Cast's Sword of Damocles is also better than anything in Roxy Cast.

Anybody with any real taste likes certain types of both, RHPS is superior because the songs are superior. The feel and direction of it is superior. Shock Treatment is Highlander 2, Blues Brothers 2000, 80's cocaine fueled nonsense that Richard Obrien probably wishes he never made.

Both of you are wrong, movie soundtrack is better.

Haven't watched Highlander 2, but Blues Brothers 2000 was a ripoff homage of the OG movie. Shock Treatment is nothing like RHPS.

Because they hired actors instead of actual experienced singers and had to slow down the song's tempo due to that, right?

Grease 2 is a better analogy

They're still better singers. Listen to science fiction double feature by the Roxy cast, right away you have a strident off key female voice compared to Obrien's melodious own. Basically all the songs not sung by Curry sound like that. I'm going home is the only track on there with comparably good presentation.

What kind of fucking opinions do you hold, OP?

Shock Treatment's handicap was that it had no obvious links to Rocky Horror, but was marketed solely to Rocky Horror fans. As said, there were no screenings that weren't super duper late.

Honestly, tying this to Rocky Horror would've been super duper easy. It already shares a lot of the same themes. (Brad and Janet are the old world, and they're rushed into the new world.) If they shelled out the extra money for the original actors, and stated outright that Brad became a beta because of what happened in Rocky Horror, and not merely implied it, then yeah, this would've been a solid sequel. It's not, though. It's trapped in-between sequel and unrelated project.

It was meant to be sung that way, intentional 50's style pinup girl cheesiness. Also, ever heard of vocal dynamics? Patricia Quinn's version of Science Fiction Double Feature has more of that thing. It's harder to perform songs with lots of crescendo and diminuendo.

it would still be relevant, since that never ended. more relevant than the RHPS remake with a transgender Frank-N-Furter too.

"Couples Therapy" is still airing, right?

WELL FIRST YOU GO RIP RIP RIP
THEN YOU GO SNIP SNIP SNIP
THEN YOU WHIP IN A ZIP ZIP ZIP
AND SPLIT IT UP TO THE HIP HIP HIP
AND AS YOU STRIP STRIP STRIP
YOU SHIVER
AND QUIVER
FOR THAT SOFT CARESS
AS YOU SLIP SLIP SLIP
INTO THAT TLITTLE BLACK DRESS

Not really. They share more or less the same themes of getting caught up into things, in RHPS it was getting caught up in hedonism, in Shock Treatment it was getting caught up in fads and the conservative life.