Smart Horror Movie Protagonists

The protagonists who don't split up and don't constantly do stupid shit, who don't get dropped like flies and who might even one-up the villain, if not outright kick its ass.

Other urls found in this thread:

houseofnames.com/macready-family-crest
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He didn't say the fucking words

Can't speak for the rest of the squad.

Shop S-Mart.

Didn't do them much good but the correct spirit was there.

Trust in Mike

Pretty much everyone from Carpenter's version of The Thing qualifies, but MacReady is probably the quintessential example.

Nigga's name is MacReady. HIS NAME IS "SON OF READY". He was so on point that he gave "Childs" a bottle of gasoline to see if he'd recognize it wasn't what it was supposed to be, and so he'd be extra flammable.

Seriously take a look at this
houseofnames.com/macready-family-crest

I think that pretty much everyone in this movie acted reasonably to what's going on. The only exception I'd give is that the first time that the monster was inside her house, she decided to go upstairs which goes against the suggestion of the dude that infected her which is to never go to any place with only one exit, though to be fair she just went out the window so it was fine in the end.

Ash is an imbecile, did you even watch the films OP?

In the first movie he's realistically a bumbling asshole who ends up being forced to fight or die against the deadites.

By Army of Darkness and Vs. he's a fucking legend. In a spinoff series he also kicks Freddy and Jason's asses.

Pleb

retard

desine ineptere

Admiror, O 8ch, te non cecidisse, qui tot scriptorium taedia sustineas

His problem is he's a smart protagonist in a world of retards.

>This time he's not taking any chances, tracks down the killer to his civilian identity and the movie ends with him shooting him in the face in his home.

underrated film

There's a sequel?

Ash is a moron. He's just ridiculously good at killing Deadites.

Only person to realise you don't bring a fucking guy who just got ayy'd onto the ship.

Yeah, it's called The Collection. I thought it was alright, it's not as well-liked as the first.

The ending was good. It's rare you see the super serial killer lose in the end.

I never did understand what was happening in the log footage.

Rape, mutilation, torture, reaching down a guy's throat and physically pulling out his guts, doing the whole "we don't need eyes to see" thing. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

They went to Hell/Hyperspace, got driven bugshit crazy, and tortured each other to death. It wasn't a ambiguous sequence user.

They traveled through the Warp without a Geller Field.

That has to be the pinnacle of horror movies with smart protagonists. It's one of the reasons people still remember it today, the main characters don't just act like dumb fucks and die for it, they take actual measures to counter the Thing, the Thing still kills them anyway because it's so unstoppable, it makes the movie much more terrifying.