TETSUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOO

TETSUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOO

THAT'S MISTER KANEDA TO YOU PUNK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyone have the pic of Tetsuo saying 'It was that nigga.' and the little kid walking away says '(swag)'.

==CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

That movie is so fucking overrated.

RASERA RASERA RA SERA SERA SERA RA SE RA SE RA SE RA SE RA SERA SERA

This. Ghost in the Shell is much better.

The movie is great but the manga outshines it in every way.

I haven't seen gits, doesn't it take inspiration from akira?

They're just being contrarian.

GITS has two pretty good movies and two seasons of Stand Alone Complex, all worth watching. SAC S1 is about the ultimate anonymous hacker "terrorist"; SAC S2 has a plot about a manufactured refugee crisis which is becoming startlingly accurate.

Don't get me wrong, Akira it's overrated but is still very comfy and visually pleasing and I haven't seen the other GitS content but as for the first movie goes is really REALLY mediocre, barely good, and expecting Akira levels of animation I found it very choppy.

The animation Akira had is mind blowing for the time.

but when you read the manga and learn about how much of the story they cut its astounding becasue after the giant ass explosion there is entirely new arc about Akria himself going lord of the flies and shit.

Definitely check it all out. GitS doesn't take inspiration from Akira, they are both just cyberpunky movies. Avoid the 2.0 version of the first 1995 movie. It adds a bunch of jarring cgi and generally just looks worse.

In terms of animation Akira is a vastly superior film. It looks amazing and was a true feat for the time. However, Ghost in the Shell is still the superior movie. Akira suffers from a world and story to big to cram into the film, you can tell how its been cut from a much larger story in scope. Ghost in the Shell has a tight character focused story of a woman have an existential crisis about her identity. Though the final battle with the tank may not compare in visual spectacle to the final battle in Akira, it is a much more thematically satisfying conclusion as the character literally tears herself apart.
Basically I'm just saying Ghost in the Shell is the better movie as a whole and one of my favourites, even if Akira has better animation. Akira is still a solid movie but it is overrated as fuck since its a real mess of story and world building.

The opening title sequence of Ghost in the Shell is on of my favourite scenes in any movie. Perfectly captures the theme of the film. Embed related.

Its mentioned twice, very shallowly.
The whole government affair got put aside by the AI thing that after a very emotional resolution turns out nothing really happens and the whole "Not you or me but something completely different" was just the two sharing a body and shewas mildly aannoyed about it.
Not to mention the pacing is really bad.

With Akira it didn't matter that they cut a lot because they put a lot of focus on Tetsuo and Kaneda and its pretty much revolved about their character arcs instead of the lore leaving it as secondary.

While in GitS nothing really gets explored not the characters not the lore not the world.
It feels like a first episode, probably goes better with the treat of the franchise but as a movie on itself it barely holds up.

That's the feeling I got, it feels like a pilot for a series, a great pilot or first episode but it really misses any real resolution our fails to show the full extend of them. Like it was leaved for future stuff.

Macross Plus(the movie version, not the OVA) is better than both.

Film communicates through more than just dialogue.

This is not correct.

kill yourself tbh fam. Movie compilations are always shit.

Brooklyn Kaneda or go home.

So do I watch sub or dub?

Sub. Always sub. And watch Ghost in the Shell instead.

Both dubs are shit. In fact Akira may be undubbable because it's one of the few anime where the animation was timed to the voice actor performances. This why any non Japanese dub of Akira looks off.

Fuck off Gitscuck

Stop watching cartoons.

I know, and this didn't.
Almost everytime they touched the subject it was as shallow as when the protagonist did.
The whole spirit thing in the garbage truck was never explained or shown why it was needed for.
I mean, yeah, all that was for the international comitee shit but never explained why it had to be done like that.

Not to mention the boat scene was character mining at its worst.

The parallels between the protagonist and puppetmaster are never fully covered besides they both have a completly synth body and PM is completly sure of his existance whereas Motoko's isn't and almost every other character is an object more than a subject.

Another hour or half hour would've been very useful here.

Not to mention that before a great character examination was done at the ending it was how to say… "Bulletspeed cut" literally.

I literally can see the "To be continued" at the ending.

hang yourself tbh fam

fucking hell

I saw the avengers in my language and thought it was an average normie good movie, then I decided to watch it in english jut to discover the atrocious acting it had.
And why fucks would I want to see a worst version of the movie?

typing like
this
is really not
appreciated
please
fuck off
reddit

I'm not really sure you understand the movie very well. The opening title scene and the boat scene are amazing. The Akira movie is shallow, its basically an action film.

I'm lost here. I assume you mean the garbage driver hacker guy. No idea what 'spirit' you are referring too.

What is character mining?

Is English not your first language?

well yeah, fuckin manga is like over 2k pages long.

if it hadn't been the creator writing and directing the movie it would have probably been shit.

If you haven't seen Texhnolyze, do yourself a favor and watch one of the best animated series ever.

Dude, Akira is like, over 2 hours long.

My point remains. The movie's like half the manga, right? Nobody's going to sit still for a four hour movie. It would work so much better as an OVA.

More like a third or quarter of the manga actually.

I never really understood the point this show was trying to make. The ending was especially confusing.

Fine, two or three movies.

There's a scene mid movie where he asks some younger guy from his gang to get him a bike, and so when the guys does - he just fucking crashes it into a wall immidiately, so the bike explodes.

Now explain me Holla Forums, what was the point of that?

just hold up a mirror at a 45 degree angle to your computer screen
bonus effect is you can watch yourself masturbate
life hacks

Owner of that bike was killed by Tetsuo. So Kaneda sends his bike to his dead owner into afterlife by symbolically crushing that bike into a wall.

Thanks, maybe me and my friend weren't watching the movie closely enough.

Well if you watched one specific (shitty) dub, it won't make sense even if you payed attention. So maybe it's not even your fault.

I believe I've watched a subbed version, and the scene didn't make much sense. So I've probably watched it with the subs that were later made into the shitty dubs you're talking about. Thanks anyway.

I just watched both subbed and (good) dubbed scene.
Tetsuo wanted to know where is the red bike (Kaneda's bike), because he was always jealous of that bike. Kaneda acknowledged that. Then younger guy brings in bike that was owned by Yamagata (guy that was killed by Tetsuo in the bar).
Kaneda mounts the bike and says: "I'm sending Yamagata his wheels". Slam into wall. End scene.
And that's it.