Fandom is Dead by Devin Faraci

archive.is/Yuars

This guy is one of the biggest cancers to "nerd culture" or whatever you want to call it.

is the cancer of cancer a cancer therapy?

Nope. It's called double cancer

What a fucking pretentious faggot.

It's pathetic that this cunt still has work.

Remember when he said he respects ISIS?

lol he's right tho, gamregate shot themselves in the foot due to no leadership, no pr rep, and a basically anlolymous perspective on a real issue

if the people who rallied for congressional investigations into the payola scandals in the 50's and 80's were even a 10th as vile as gamergaters in public the movement would have halted just as quickly

So he's saying he's subhuman?

Fuck off Devin

Fuck off cuck. That's what killed the momentum in the first place.

I didn't even read the article, but OPs headline is right. Fandom is dead, it was co-opted by faggots and retards that don't care about the product beyond it being a fashion accessory. Now you have those shitty "Fandom Box" things, people rallying for characters to be changed completely, ironically under the guise that "They care about the franchise just so much", and as a result have dragged almost everything they've parasitically attached themselves to down, either critically, financially or both.

right, it had nothing to do with all of you acting like screaming asshole jerks to anyone who argued with you on twitter

there's a word for people who act like that in public - lunatic - and nobody listens to what a lunatic has to say

Unfortunately, the majority are normie plebs who don't understand the nuances of the webbernet, so when they see people acting like retards, they assume that person is a retard.

"Fandom" was always retarded to be honest.

It came from people not being assholes to the type of individuals who believe false words of news articles. They rationalize and explain their pov to people, but are told to fuck off.

Compare Trump and GG. Trump was very successful because he didn't apologize to asshats who distort his words. He rightfully acted like asshat to them and they're shitting themselves in terror. Being kind to people will have you stomped.

This cuckold generation continues to confuse kindness with weakness because they themselves are weak and it is the root of their unctuous manners. Blunt honesty scares the shit out of them because once they realize that passive aggressive shaming shit won't work on someone who won't play their games.

The issue with this generation is that they act constantly kind to the wrong type of people. Wrong individuals who don't seek insight from kind people, but have the intention provoking them into anger through constant mockery and dishonesty.

People like Faraci need treated with constant disrespect because it's blatant that he doesn't value the respect that others give him.

You saw how people distorted the words of James Rofle, despite him saying nothing sexist? Those are people that you should rightfully treat like shit, along with those who believe their false rhetoric.

Go away Devin. What kind of sad pathetic faggot are you to spend your nights doing vanity searches?

People who engaged in collusion and nepotism by defending their underhanded behavior deserve to be treated like assholes on Twitter. Go back to reddit if you think softening your rhetoric against shitheels makes you look superior.

nigger please, i remember the tone policing arguments and the gg board splits. 95% of the people who otherwise would have cared abandoned the "hashtag movement" once it became apparent the level of absolute vitriol was getting anyone slightly supportive of gg into serious social trouble with friends, relatives, coworkers, etc.

you fucked yourselves by being assholes. movements dont survive that

/thread

Not really too many people unwilling to do shit in addition to moralfag e-clebs trying to tell people who actually do things to not do things

Claiming its dead is a meme and claiming pr killed it was one of the most nefarious ones.

People are mostly just waiting for sjws to make the next move. #notatmytable is an example

Seriously Devin, shave that shit you dare to call a beard, have a real job and get out.

Devin, please quit rewriting history by acting like the PR shills were right and that they didn't kill the movement.

So where were all the people your good PR was supposed to add?

You cucked yourselves and drove away all the people looking for an opposition.

Kill yourself GGHQ.

That "vitriol" in GG was prevalent like the "sexism" in James' Ghostbusters non-review, a non-issue manufactured and hyperbolized by the press.

The demands for PR cucked GG, mainly because the opposition didn't value it and pushed their own false narrative. Remember when they tried to shut down an unaffiliated SWSX panel about games journalism, despite it not being about harassment?

You can't be nice towards unethical people who distort your words. This is why Trump is successful and GG isn't.

the point of agitation is to switch people on the fence to your side. there is literally no other way for gg to achieve its goal of fair games coverage and an end to paid reviews, except by showing the general public that the "game" is rigged.

by alienating the general public with this kind of bullshit, you lose. not by "playing the sjw's game" - by NOT playing it

This is why I treat people who support Trump, Hillary, etc. like shit. I mock them while pointing out how their votes don't matter, the system is rigged, etc. I'm unapologetic about it because the hard data supports me; every politician is bought and can't be trusted. It's kinda funny watching them froth at the mouth and get increasingly confused, but recently I've just stopped engaging anyone who thinks they're talking about politics, because they're not. Memes, rhetoric, and talking point aren't politics.

This describes the behavior of nearly every group on the modern world, along with "playing the victim".

Because that is the problem, right? Not leftism in general ravaging anything and everything it comes in contact with. No, it's fucking "ethics" in game journalism.

Oh, what a fool I was!

GG lost anyway. No amount of MUH PR MUH ETHICS saved them, no begging leftists to go gentle on them did, no amount of appeasement and seeking common ground did.

All they are now is a dead horse leftists use to beat, a catchall term for anyone they happen not to like. And they call all their enemies GG because they know what a ridiculous clown troupe GG turned out to be.

That's exactly what that user was trying to say. Instead of agreeing with them that the game is "sexist" but it has all these other merits that should be taken into consideration the proper response should have been to tell them to fuck off and proceed to rape and pillage anyone that stands in your way.

Instead of GG's cucked attempt to shelter Zoey from righteous wrath, like the beta bottom feeding white knights they are, they should have shut the fuck up and let the professionals handle it.

Rapp got her ass handed to her when Holla Forums took things into their own hands. Meanwhile, GG was arguing that that pedo cunt was our ally because she was trying to equalize real pedophilia and 2D.

Simple truth is that GG lost because their beef with the leftists wasn't ideological. GG and the leftists agree on virtually any issue you care to name, they only start spregging out when SJWs besmirch the holiness that is GamerGate.

All of this was just one spat between one group of leftists and another group of leftists.

Look at you, so smart, so enlightened, so above us all.

Give us your pearls of truth oh wise one!

Oh look, the same old response from the drones. Mad as fuck.
Post the "le normal person" strawman meme next.

It's okay brah, calling yourself smart is what smart people do.

go post about politics on facebook, newfags.

It's never too late to kill yourself.

wat

crying "muh PR" is why you lost. there is only so much one gay British man, no matter how fabulous, can accomplish.

Alt rightists pls gas yoursleves

storm/pol/ pls.

Cuck pls

>>>/ovens/
>>>/reddit/

this is why that faggot from Disturbed turned against you and donated money to Feminist Frequency, so who's the real cuckold?

Oh what a great loss, the marginally talented kike from a shitty band who stolen band names for his new project left the movement.

No wonder who worship a faggot kike, you have shitty role models. Now fuck off.

Retard stormfags like you who claim gg lost are like faggots who brought into the meme chanology lost. SJWs are a joke to the public eye much like Scientology. It suceeded in its inital goals the ony problem is lots of retards can't get news ones and the clique it went after still exists even though its weakened. Much like scientology

In fact you know Zoe has been actively shilling Holla Forums boards with misinfo?

Wrong gg wanted to ignore her because she was an irrelevant whore the main target was NOA

Go home zoe

Good riddance, no one wanted him anyway. Not surprising he'd donate to them considering he's just like them.

Disturbed's all-caps faggot Went SJW because people told him to fuck off when he wanted to shoah the new Daily Show guy for making innocuous Jew jokes.

He was as bad as they were.

Someone remind me why this tubby faggot isn't widely considered a lolcow. It's a mystery to me.

I'm not an edgy teen so I couldn't give less of a fuck about what some faggot from Disturbed does.

Oh please. video games, comics, literature, you guys lost on every front. Content providers chose SJWs over you in every case, because your petitions and emails were toothless threats.

Do you fags still think the Devs will rise up like the Great Pumpkin to help you? Is Lo Ping still promising they'll come in the winter?

Trump has shown us a better way. Never apologize, never give an inch, always attack.

Remember when you guys #StoodWithBahar and she laughed in your faces?

Oh, you mean the kike that OY VEY'd because people wouldn't become his personal army against some leftist faggot that made a jewk about g-d's chosen?

You're not convincing anyone, Devin, least of all, yourself. Just make your threat post that you can cap and post elsewhere, already.

Oops, wrong Devin. Wow, "Devin" really is a name for assholes.

Jesus Christ…

Literally who?

Whom are you really trying to convince, friend?

Not that this this bile-spewing SJW prick is correct, but "nerd culture" and "fandom" are pure cancer. Basing your identity, pride and community around your consumption of media is fucking stupid and an easy way for big corps to milk your asshole dry. Both groups need to die off immediately. They can take each other out if it pleases them.

If you're gonna admit you lost an argument, smug anime girls and greentext is the way to do it.
Back to Holla Forums shit-for-brains.

Nigga, come on. Join the smug club. You'll be a lot less angry when you discover the magic of shitposting with anime girls.

Wait a tic, I remember this goony motherfucker. I don't know if it's still around, but he used to have a site called Badass Digest where he'd write super pretentious shit about genre and exploitation movies. Like, he'd do articles about how Barbarian Queen is a feminist masterpiece or some shit. Much like everyone else in that Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse clique, he was pretentious about movies that they have no right to be pretentious about. Desperately trying to justify why the lowbrow schlock they like is actually high art. I love the stuff too, but I know that Humanoids From The Deep is trash and have no problems with that.

Pretty much this. Somewhere around the mid 2000s, fandoms were taken over by marketers and corporations who realized they could rake in the shekels by releasing cheap crap to Hot Topic. They created geek chic and made it look like being a "nerd" would make you look smart and quirky. They took what was a bunch of different subcultures and rolled them together and sold it as one monolithic entity called Geek Culture. They convinced people that in order to call yourself a fan of something, you need to first open your wallet, and that fandom is measured by how much you own. They also did this to sports years ago.

Fandoms were always cancer, but like everything else, the kikes got involved and made it worse.

Spot the normalfaggot statist pussies.

He's actually a self-aware shill and makes a living to write this shit. Stop falling for his bait.

He will shove up state corporatism up the Americas collective arseholes so hard you won't be able to post his name without paying copyrights.

Westerners have been fully indoctrinated to love capitalism and government, they actually like being poor and stupid and think it's "natural law" that they be peons who are ruled by vain, insane plutocrats. As long as they can see some bloated asshole in a bad rug on TV and think "wow he hates all the same things I've been trained to hate", they're happy.
If you gave them real freedom they would kill themselves. They need someone like Obama or Trump. They need the illusion; they would quite literally die without it.

Libertarianism will never amount to anything more than a cargo cult of the rich. Anarchism is a bad meme. There are only two systems that actually work, rule by aristocracy (plutocracy) which unfortunately thanks to globalism and the technology of today is worse than ever before and monarchism, which the aristocrats fight.
You sound like an SJW, Trump is simply catering to the white working class instead of white aristocrats. He's pretty much all talk but that's more than enough reason to vote for him instead of the people who don't even pretend to care or are openly hostile.

This is either really shitty bait or you are blatantly retarded. Which is it, Moishe?

I wouldn't say Devin Faraci is a cancer, I think he's inching closer by the day to >>>/cow/ material. Everything about him from his attempts at incendiary rhetoric, his treatment of others in the name of politics, and the unkempt beard reeks of an old goon who desperately wants to be taken seriously when he complains about internet hashtag terrorism and comflates complaints about a computer game to the plot of Stephen King's Misery.

I can tell he's going for those rage clicks, but I can't see why anyone should get mad over this shitposting. If anything, it's kind of depressing to see someone so unhappy and starved for attention.

Oh, so he's complete vermin. Good to know.

I can give a pearl of wisdom for him: the current status quo needs to end, and it needs to end with all of the old guard too. Preferably in cleansing flames.

It will never end. You are just as fucking annoying as the stormtards. Just shut the fuck up and talk about movies.

You're right.

FIRE IS AN END AND A NEW BEGINNING

www.4chan.org

you have to go back, but not because you don't worship the God-Emperor, its because of your terrible low energy attempt at a post

You have to go back

>>>Holla Forums

is prachi gupta implying that weasel-faced pajeet is the sexiest man of 2013? hmm i wonder if she is somehow biased

this is the exact same vibe i get

Sadly this wasn't proven conclusively but given how close he's to this clique and all his other manners I'd say yes.

Devin "#GG is worse than ISIS" Fartasi

literally worse than isis

Fandoms are nearly always pure cancer. Trekkies, Dr. Who, and SW communities were insufferable log before internet came around. Only decent community in recent years that I know of was centered around The Witcher games, but within few moths 2nd game made it to Xbox, quality of forums went to shit.

It was folded into/bought out by Birth.Movies.Death. Similar to what is slowly happening to sties like cbr, TheMarySue and io9.

ebin strawman, kiddie.
love the use of "signal" and "social media", really hot normalfaggot shit at the moment.

Have you never read a history book? Never been to America? These are things that children know.

Oh. Oh, I see. I'm sorry.

Mad as fuck.

Wait, what?

gamergate was only good in thought, never in execution

from the start it was instantly labeled hate/soggy knees group #24

their cover of "sound of silence" sucked

"nerd culture"/"geek culture" enables wil wheaton to have a career that isn't flipping burgers. let it all burn.

i keep hearing about this faggot but i don't know who he is, what he's done and why should i care.

Your life will not be enriched in any way by knowing the answers to any of those questions. Just let it go.

didn't he lick out Robert Rodriguez's asshole?

Uwe Boll needs to beat the everloving shit out of him again.

You'd never get it, even with small words and pictures a 5 year old could grasp. Cringey morons like you are what finally made GG discussion intolerable here.

I thought it was the director of VHS that bodied Faraci.