Thoughts on X-Men: Apocalypse, Holla Forums?

Thoughts on X-Men: Apocalypse, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/XMenApocalypse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I refuse to watch any movie with jlaw at the forefront.

I watched it, now I loved the 90s cartoon, and the character of apocalypse and they sort of got his character right. However the movie is just so boring, and with catniss everdeen as an xman giving her hunger games style speeches "imma fite coz we fite" it was just so out of place.

It's better than BVS

Agree. I wish Apocalypse got more screen time. Good acting from the spic jew as well.
On the other hand, Fatniss Evergreen makes me cringe at every line she delivers.

Biggest offense: you become aware halfway into the movie that it's going to set up the first movie of the original shit xmen trilogy. It,s the producers fault.

6/10

Doctor Doom is more menacing. Thanos is more powerful. Loki is more clever. Mephisto is more evil. Galactus is more grand.

Apocalypse is a bad villain to base a movie around.

Actress that played Jean was the worst actress I've seen in years

Entire sequence in Stryker's facility looked like a made-for-TV movie visually. Also how the fuck did they escape from the helicopter.

Weapon X cameo was shit. They turned a wild naked beast with adamantium spikes and rad looking helmet into a guy wearing cheap shorts and dental retainer headgear. Total disservice to BWS's original.

Beasts wire-fu looked like shit

Quicksilver scene was kinda cool but too long and retarded at parts.

5/10

this was a big issue, mystique has never been a central character unless it's like a nightcrawler episode. she's always been secondary and should have stayed that way.

waste of oscar isaac, he did a fine job as apocalypse, the best parts of the film were absolutely magneto's stuff and the quicksilver music montage because that's the only screen-time he gets now.

well, yes and no. they won't retread the same ground those movies covered, since all of that was erased, but the main series is essentially over, and now we're moving into spin-off territory, unless there's gonna be x-men 6 with mr. sinister as the villain.

that's just the thing though, apocalypse is usually the end-game villain.

Try scrolling down the catalog, shill.

To be fair, Apocalypse is to the X-Men like Thanos is to the Avengers, the last big bad guy there is. Not to mention that Fox doesn't own the rights to Thanos, Loki, or Mephisto if I recall, and Dr. Doom and Galactus have already been in the Fantastic 4 movies.

X-men has been mostly shit, but it's been mostly self contained shit.
Antman died halfway through for me and the people wanting Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers to crossover are terrible, terrible plebs.

I don't read comics though so I can only expect the worst.

He's gonna be in Wolverine 3, played by Richard E Grant, I think

mfw we'll never get a proper BWS weapon x adaptation

saw it and liked it for what it was, schlock with some weirdly entertaining pacing (it goes from dark serious shit to quicksilver then back to dark serious shit without delay, which was strangely funny). 7/10 summer action movie only for the jokes and action scenes, 2/10 serious movie the story was retarded.

was he in anything good other than Drive?

How about you browse the catalog for 20 thread about it you dumb autistic nigger faggot.

Sucker Punch?

Wasn't he in Inside Llewyn Davis? People said that was good.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/XMenApocalypse

check em

How can you not get dubs on a board as slow as Holla Forums? You one dumb nigger.

well I don't know if I could honestly say Sucker Punch was good. I'll give it points for having a genuinely original setting and style, but it was super dumb and didn't make any sense.

Who the hell let Bruce Jenner onto the set?

That puffy space vape cloud is galactus??

It's supposed to be

Bitch is so fucking ugly. I can't wait until she starts doing informercials after her movie career dies.

Just watched it and you know what? It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and was actually pretty decent all things considering. That said I found the focus on Jennifer Lawrence and Sophie Turner in the leading roles is what actually brought the movie down, they were pretty weak in this.

That doesn't make any sense. She was in a burka because she's a white woman spy posing as a peepscarf-clad sandniggress, because that's the best way to conceal oneself in an Arab country.

If it's any consolation, I didn't go see this because the last trailer tried to convince me she was the main character.

God forbid we find these attractive women (and JLaw) attractive. That would be sexism.

I swear to God, if these people ever had their way, the human race would die out.

Wait, what? Why autosaged?

I saw it only because a friend who I haven't seen in a long while wanted to go. He had fun, even though he knew it was flawed.

Quicksilver has the only really good scene. Just look for that online and you've seen the best this movie has to offer.

Something about the way it was shot and cut together felt very….low budget. Once Apocalypse returns, things feel very cheap and simplistic. I'm so used to movies nailing the big-scale aesthetic, but despite having a clear CGI budget and different scenery, I could not get behind how this film was strung together at all.

James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender are the only good performances in this movie. They should have been the main characters instead of the script constantly waffling between the other characters. Everyone else was either given a very monotone role (Apocalypse, Wolverine, Stryker) or phoned it in so hard it made me cringe, especially Jennifer Lawrence. I can just see the director running over the script with her, telling her that her character is a Strong Female Character and she must be Strong too. Quicksilver's actor tried, and he delivered on that one scene worth watching, but he needed a better clue on what was what when he got more serious scenes. Psylocke looked really cool but she was just a mook with no character to her.

These people make no sense to me anymore.

Yip. It's in cheeki breeki though

I'm glad the BO is finally doing something about the endless capeshit clogging this board. Now if he would just ban the faggots who constantly post it.

Don't knock capeshit, at least it's not Stronk womyn–oh fuck.