Underrated Animated Movies

Why is this movie never talked about?

Because cartoons are for children.
>>>Holla Forums

This cartoon isn't for children though.

It's a good thing you likely don't have children.

stock plot and shitty animation? also I don't think a lot of people went to it as kids which is really how these things develop a cult following

Oh I'm laffin

We have our own site for it now.

What the fuck? The plot might be shit but it's an amazing looking film.

Stock plot? Name another movie like it. The main character isn't even the one who defeats the villain.

And the animation is superb.

it looks like a shitty stop-motion He-man, I can practically count the frames per second
also that lip sync is truly awful

Looks like you don't know what animation is. It's moving slowly there because it is supposed to be. It's the final confrontation. Most every other scene in the movie is fluid.

Did you ever even fucking watch he-man? He-man has shitty animation nowhere close to this.

so like Heavy Metal? Or, fuck, the Lord of the Rings?

the visual style and lack of detail resemble He-Man. I am not the only person in history to have this opinion.
your fedora is showing

let me guess, you were triggered by the helpless woman character needing to be rescued.

You need your eyes checked.

No, it isn't an anthology of different stories, and the "main character" did in fact defeat the loknar.

Now you're digging.

What a faggot you are.

yeah, you're right, this art style looks NOTHING like he-man
Citing one of the biggest fantasy books of all time is digging? fuck off

stay mad

The only similarity so far is theme and the main character having blonde hair.

Yeah, because the only similarity is thematic and not centered on the plot. You have never even watched the movie, this if fucking obvious.

the similarity I picked based on YOUR statement
I will defer to the cinema experts here

8 FPS is not animation, user

pot calling the kettle retarded, this movie practically looks rotoscoped it's so bad

There is no similarity outside of theme. None of the characters are alike, the struggle isn't the same, the end isn't near the same, there is no macguffin to fight over, the villain doesn't even want the slut his mother brings him, he just wants to destroy and rule.

You haven't watched the movie

I don't give a fuck what some critic thinks. They most likely hated it because it is manly as fuck, which is probably why you hate it too.

>>>/a/

I'm sorry that you are unable to discern quality from trash. The Japanese make better animation in both plot and artwork. Enjoy your western crayon scribbles, I guess.

to refresh your weak fucking memory, the statement you made was:
Is it manly as fuck to be an idiot? Then you probably have chest hairs coming out of your teeth

The way Sauron dies is nowhere near close to how Nekron dies. Nekron dies getting hacked to death by an axe, he doesn't just die because his bling got destroyed. The "similarity" is paper thin at best.

The only idiot here is you. You haven't watched the movie and have no clue what you are talking about. That I described a vague reason why it is different from the MAJORITY of animated films flew over your head, or rather you purposefully sought out the flimsiest similarities in other works to give your argument some form of legs.

it's been nice chatting with you fam

You mean The Hobbit.

Heavy Metal was the shit!

the polar opposite of Fire and Ice.

Fire and Ice is cave men warring with a psychotic wizard homosexual for the glory of the empire to save their big titty bitches.

Gandahar is a future big titty bitch matriarchy fighting against a glorious robot Reich which did nothing wrong to save their free love commune.

Both are underrated

Because it looks rotoscoped as fuck, even to people who don't know what rotoscoping is.

Heman also had some rotoscoped cycles, especually for running and all that.

Ralph Bakshi doesn't give a shit, though, and neither do I.
The man was right when he said that "rotoscoping from back then is the same as 3D usage nowadays"
It looks out of place and uncanny, often, but it still does what it is supposed to do.

Fire and Ice is also kinda boring and bland, but it's not awful. I like it, but I can't begrudge anyone not liking it.

Secret of NIMH kicks a lot of animu ass.
Especially for its time.

Too bad the ending shits the bed.

Wizards was pretty good
So was Fritz the Cat in a hilariously racist way.
Bakshi did a lot of semi-decent things. He could never really go all the way and make something great, but he was consistently "good"

Really makes you think

i swear i was just thinking that
and i mean, that exact same words, "heavy metal was the shit", just a few seconds before i scrolled down to see your post

we're made for each other, user

you mean like South Park right?

no, not because of the hell scene thing, this shit was really well done and i cant believe it's this overrated, also anything by Jan Svankmeyer

Fire and Ice is pretty cool. Features batman, a sexy brown girl, and decent action.

I Was Toilet Trained Too Early: The Movie

Mein neger

You're going to have to explain that one to me.

everything Bakshi did was underrated

this is back when they still had to draw all the frames user. yes even the inbetweens. Only disney could afford the ridiculous cost and actually run a studio that large.

*for fluid motion

I'm assuming he means Pink's relationship with his mother, wherein she was too hovering, overbearing, and protective. I don't know how to explain the joke in words, but I'm sure it connects Freud's theories with what I just mentioned.

Pic related, though.