I felt this scene was too self aware.

X-Men Apocalypse thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm4446467/?ref_=tt_cl_t10
a.cocaine.ninja/cphxqr.mp4
poal.me/mztn2u
archive.is/tx7jV
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who is that Tobey Maguire looking fuck playing Cyclops?

imdb.com/name/nm4446467/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

Quicksilver had the best scene again, too bad they can't give other mutant powers impressive scenes like this.

the whole scene is too long and has too much motion to fit in an 8mb webm's bitrate.

God in that imdb profile his pic makes him look like Adam Driver as Klyo Ren.

What a chameleon ass motherfucker.

damm Sophie where did you learn act? you had one line and it's still shit.

jubilee's actor certainly was

bad acting thread?

Deepness of apocalyptic proportions!

fuck off >>>/fag/

Fun fact: she got a B for GCSE drama. This is whilst she was appearing on Game of Thrones, too.

Is it that bad in GoT, i only watched s1 and her acting was ok, not best thing on world not worst thing in series.

Why even have Jubilee in the film when she dosen't even use her powers?

I don't get the comparison of X3 to Return of Jedi, RotJ was well received at the time wasn't it?

>>>/reddit/
Time to go home, Bonzo.

Let's put it this way, it's a good thing she's pretty

RotJ was and still is considered the worst of the three originals. It's the bloody Ewoks.

their age group, especially the girls would have liked the ewoks then though

Once maybe but no longer

Eh, I'd still do her

It's age group pandering at it's worst. Star Wars wasn't meant to be exclusively for kids so why throw something in that isolates adults while only appealing to kids?

Quicksilvers power is the best but it's the same quirky XD ADD 80's MUSIC bullshit.

I also want to know why he doesn't work within the rules of any sort of momentum. Why the fuck doesn't moving something make it explode?

Star wars was never supposed to be taken seriously. It was supposed to be a camp serial like Flash Gordon, you had a plucky hero against an evil empire and tin foil landscapes between here and there.

This is why I like the prequels better than the originals. It did the plucky space adventure a lot better and haven't aged any where near as badly as the original has. The original's model work is still great but it spawned so many copy cats because people like you thought it was deep and mature instead of what it actually was which is shallow space opera. I don't even have a problem with space opera or shallowness but Star wars now is not what it was, they're very different things and you're judging an old movie by new standards which didn't apply at the time.

There's a difference between
and

There's a lot of overlap because kids shit is never serious, but that doesn't mean shit for adults must therefore always be serious.

I never claimed it was faggot. I'm saying star wars is camp space opera with no depth beyond "What moves the story forward to the next scene we want to happen?". That is all the original trilogy was ever supposed to be and now it's become this behemoth of a franchise that dwarves even Christmas. It's just too big and people have lost the innocence of the original movies.

The scene above is a modern idea of Star wars jammed into the past and any one with a clue understands how utterly devoid of talent the writer is to make such a scene. It's modern pandering rewriting the past to fit with the current popular opinion.

It's like me going to the 1950s and commenting on smoking giving you lung cancer.

What you're saying is you're repeating something you read on Holla Forums like a sperg when it wasn't even relevant to the conversation

I decided to ignore your autism and say something about Star wars as the discussion was about. I could of tore you a new asshole by pointing out how many serious kids films there are but that would of required you learning something and I suspect you're a nigger, so it's probably best you don't try and learn things or you might hurt yourself.

Jesus Christ, just how many x-men movies are there?

Six, and three spin-offs

poetry

Here is the funny thing: they established in the previous X-Men movie that people carried by him need to brace themselves to not get hurt by the whiplash effect. This scene however threw that conveniently out of the window and he is able to save countless people without breaking their necks or bones in matter of nanoseconds.

Yes? Have you ever been to Holla Forums? People love hating things. There was even a time where people called it an internet hate machine.

Hate is fun.

I remember the good old days when we used to explode vans for the fun of it

quicksilver's powers are lame, they are getting into the flash territory now.

That's the funny thing. Even josh "the cuck" whedon knew that quicksilver is not that powerful

No one cares about your capeshit autism.

Pal, quicksilver was put by fox just to mess with marvel as they can use the maximoff twins. But quicksilver is not that fast. In the crossover they made with DC, the flash is faster than him.

got rekt by Apocalypse thou

That's because the Flash is speed itself and can go as fast as he needs to. Flash gets depowered frequently against his villains, so he slips on ice and banana peels a lot.

Quicksilver was probably the best part of this movie. It was a fun movie, but the acting was pretty uneven. I still believe that putting JLaw in the center role was a mistake as she seemed to phone it in. Fassbender and McAvoy did very well, but a lot of the newer actors came off as a bit wooden at times. Scott also reacted to Havok's death for all of 10 seconds before he seems to forget.

The movie was ok, but a fun summer action movie. It could have been a lot better and should have been a lot better.

The main thing that I'm wondering is if they'll make another movie between Apocalypse and X1 or if they'll redo X1-3.

I doubt it's worse than First Class. What a mediocre overrated thing.

Maybe because it's a fun summer movie.

A sequel was already confirmed, Singer hinted it will touch the cosmical aspects of X-Men.

after credits was Sinister though, thought it might be another time travel w/ Cable maybe even Deadpool

XXX-Men: The Casting Couch: The Movie

Why is it that every newcomer Game of Thrones actor Except Alfie Allen is willing to accept shitty roles in movies?

What a great idea.
>Let's make the next trilogy a huge pile of shit in space with a lot of cheap special effects!

he was in a really shitty zombie movie

full scene anyone?

trips of truth as usual, someone finally gets the fact that star wars was b scifi camp shlock all along.

Everybody knew that, the thing is how stupid autists o feminists claiming being "le geeky quirky girl XD" are the ones who believe that Star Wars is "deep"

alright did any autistics here watch the whole movie? If I absolutely must see a movie in theaters right now with someone and give hollywood my shekels would they be well spent on this one?

keep in mind I've already seen Green Room and Cloverfield lane isn't playing anymore near me.

it's average. not the best x-men, not the worst x-men, even though realistically all of the x-men movies are not good to begin with.

if you want to go see it, then go see it, imo you should see civil war since it handles some of the same issues but better. ironically, bvs tried some of the same stuff as well and i'd rate x-men over bvs.

if everybody knew that, the prequels would have been received better.

On the contrary, the prequels are so hated is because Lucas was trying to made the same points again.

But Star Wars' fans autism as their headcanon don't come into fruition was the reason they hated the movies.

so Deadpool 2 then

exactly, Star Wars is exclusively good for its art and audio direction and the prequels did those a bit better (usually) than the OT, and for that reason plus what you said I like the prequels a lot more. Of course that doesn't mean that they're good movies, they just have the virtue of NOT being the most boring story I've ever heard while also having really good art design, music, and sound effects

who cares, thanks to these scenes the Flash film will seem like it's playing second fiddle, not that it wasn't always going to feel like a b-rate film in comparison just like it's daddy.

For all the fuss about Lawrence being the heroine and all, she didn't do shit. She smacked some guards and got choked like a bitch like Apocalibs. They REALLY tried to sell her as a other Katniss, but the movie fizzled out fast whenever she started talking. Movie was so-so, but at least a bit better than BvS, which isn't really saying much.

kino

It was but its backlash is revising history. So these characters somehow aren't coming out of the theatres awestruck because it's current year. 80s nerds would've have that kind of talk, not these normalfags.

I agree with the first part, but I-III aged worse than original trilogy. CGI robots and clones look pretty bad, and seeing Jar-Jar next to actors is just really off putting. Only wonky parts of the seigniorial trilogy that I can recall looking bad are AT-AT walker falling over and really bad greenscrenn when Luke is dropped into the pit by Jabba. Other than that, practical effects used in original trilogy still look very good.

There is bad CGI in Episode 1-3 I agree but you can't pick out the good CGI. Every set is made up of like 50% CGI and 50% real models. People can't pick apart which is which most the time because it's so well done even by todays standards.

The clones at the end of episode 2 look good. I always thought they were real, but they're all CGI.

I also never said the look of the film has aged badly as it hasn't, those models are still top tier by todays standards. The story has aged badly, as has the universe. Star wars grew with the culture and what it was then and what it is now is completely different.

This movie is so fucking stupid. I knew it would be bad but I can't believe I went in thinking it would be stupid fun. Instead it's really stupid and not fun. The first hour takes so fucking long and I actually fucking laughed when magneto's new family dies. It was just done so terribly that I couldn't take it seriously. I wanted to walk out before the first hour was over and probably should have.

0/10 not even funny bad

Actually felt like a boring re-thread of his admittedly great scene of Future Past.

I disagree, the prequels look amazing. Even TPM which came out in 1999 still holds up to this day.

They never bothered to define what it is that he can actually do. So you go through the movie randomly finding out what his powers are depending on the situation he finds himself in.

It's been confusing in the comics too.

He's augmented by alien technology and his mutant power is being able to control molecules from my understanding.

It's like that in the comics too. He's always been mostly a shit villain. The only good part of his story is the character conflict he causes.

It was a fun movie. See it if you want, but bring your own snakes. They're very expensive at the theatre.

Any X Men movie without sentinels is always shit.

SUCH A NERD XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

here

a.cocaine.ninja/cphxqr.mp4

it had sentinels at the end thou

The only X-Men movies that have had Sentinels are X-Men 3, Days and now this one. I'd say that 2/3rds of the time any X-Men movie 'with Sentinels is shit.

Stop shilling your trash here.

wow, really makes you think…

He was the best part of that movie

the one in x3 wasn't even real though, it was a massive penistease

is jungle book still playing?

that's good if you're into little naked boys climbing on things

also bill murray

christopher walken was wasted though

When will the stronk womyn fad end?

Looks like they're redoing the Phoenix saga too.

It was still there. And, cocktease or not, X-3 was the only one that actually gave us something resembling the Kirby Sentinels.

absolutely. take this survey about it

poal.me/mztn2u

poal.me/mztn2u

poal.me/mztn2u

poal.me/mztn2u

Okay, I'm 35 minutes in and I'm noticing a theme with this movie.

More of it is in non-English than English is. Other than the scenes at the school everything has been in any language they can find except English. Is this the new marvel anti-white push? It's not diversity casting if we need Arabic speakers!

They completely forget all that later.

Fox made this movie. It has nothing to do with Marvel's bullshit.

Man Quicksilver really is the best example of a speedster that isn't held down by plot, huh.

The full scene is fantastic, it shows the real power of super speed while having some interesting writing.

The problem is outside of that scene he's basically useless. There is no reason he couldn't have soloed everyone but Apocalypse, breaking their necks and calling it a day.

she wasnt even addressed by name which was surprising

LOL

psylocke if she had mental powers could probably take him down, Angel can fly higher than quicksilver can reach, Magneto had that magnetic field that even he coulden't penetrate, and Storm if she flew and just iced the floor and blew wind eveywhere she could easily take him out.

standalone quicksilver movie when?

salvage this shitwreck

Evan Peters must have been a hellcat on the casting couch for Singer to indulge him with the best scene in two movies.

forgot picture

I wish they mentioned his metabolism

if they ever get the rights back they'll probally do it. Scarlet Witch goes crazy and reality warps the 2 worlds together, but instead of getting rid of all the mutants in the world, it adds mutants! DUN DUN DUN

Maybe Fox and Disney will be forced to join forces after the inevitable decline after Avengers 3.

There are rumors that Fox already surrender the Fantastic 4 and they will appear in the upcoming Inhumans movie.

is she was a boy would she have had more screentime?

not even included in the final scene

Even a meme character had a better showing

Even in the cinematic universe Jubilee is useless

What does Jubilee even do? I really just remember she could make sparklers and she was pretty close to Rogue.

Yellow and blue are the best x-men outfits.

well her name has 'ju' in it, so i guess she steals things?

olypmic level gymnast even though that was never shown.

used to be a vampire

Everyone is comic books is an Olympic level something. Even if it's some random side character like a guy who serves coffee to Mr. Fantastic, except him to have "Olympic level athlete" in his bio. "Exceptionally physically fit" if they're a bit pudgy.

So, really, her most distinguishing characteristic is that she can make sparkles.

dont forget everyone is also a "master tactician and a natural leader."

genius
level
intellect.

Dumb question but i really need to know the answer: IF i was to see this movie would Marvel get some money?

i'm not sure if they get direct royalties based on ticket sales, but they definitely indirectly profit you buying a ticket to this movie.

yes but jubilee is basically an asian mckayla maroney that shoots sparkles out her ass

Watched it today and I thought it was pretty fun, obviously the quicksilver scene was great but there was some other fun stuff too. A recurring thing that I noticed is they would start some "muh serious hollywood emotional moment" garbage and then another character would interrupt it, the quicksilver scene itself did this on a larger scale. You get magneto's family dying, him starting to brutally murder people, xavier getting kidnapped, and then right in the middle of that the fucking quicksilver scene starts. And then right after it ends we go back to super serious stuff.

Whoever directed this is a complete madman, I don't think he intends for some of this to be as funny as it is though.

I just want an X-men movie that is exclusively a collection of action scenes and jokes because it is impossible to take this shit seriously no matter how hard they try. I guess Deadpool was pretty close to that but many of the jokes were cheap and it only had one or two good action scenes.

Well fuck, i was somewhat temped to see it but since i recently decided to not give Marvel money i'm not sure i should see it anymore

a good policy is to pirate everything until you're convinced that someone deserves your money.

a shorter way of saying that is: pirate everything, don't give anyone your money.

Well i won't be able to pirate since i promised to see it today but i'll keep in mind what you said

Dude you've got it all wrong, you're supposed to buy a ticket for a movie that you'd actually like to support (of the movies in theaters now that aren't cancer I'd say you would be choosing between Cloverfield Lane, Green Room, and The Nice Guys but I haven't seen that last one so I'm not sure).

Then make sure you buy the ticket at a time around the cancer movie that you want to see, then instead of watching the movie you have the ticket for you just sneak into the marvel one.

I don't think sneaking will be easy

dude you just walk in, the only time you can't do this is if you're in one of those shit theaters that actually has people just outside each room to check if you have the right ticket. I haven't seen that in awhile though and it was only because I went the day of release. Pretty much if you're past the first dude that checks your ticket right when you walk in that's the last time anyone will care.

>implying people have conversations like this right after seeing a movie like Star Wars

Much less normalfags.

They fucked up Apocalypse back story so bad, it has so much potential if they put more focus on apocalypse's youth.

Diversity quota.

I don't mind it. Jubilee is an established character. But the main heroes are all blessedly white.

They're on the biggest show on television, and desperately trying to expand their stars before the series ends. Sophie's other two roles (a girl who gets replaced by an evil version of herself in a mirror, and an evil live-action version of Kim Possible) may have been complete shit, but Jean Grey is a smart choice for her, even if I think the movie is complete shit. Jean Grey is an iconic, popular, and extremely powerful figure. I mean fuck, she's what kills Apocalypse in this.

Because Cyclops is just too much of a good guy boyscout to ever fully let him have the spotlight (in the comic, Cyclops kills Apocalypse, albeit with a special charge he gets from Storm) when it's some Hollywood fag calling the shots.

I still think Sophie's gorgeous, personally. Regardless of some bad shots people obsessed with Maisie post in every thread she's mentioned in.

She could release multi-colored blasts of plasma that looked like fireworks. Generally these just delivered mild burns and blinding opponents, but whenever she took more of a protagonist role it was stated these powers could become much more.

Then when "No More Mutants" happened, she was one of the ones depowered. There's actually a panel about her being homeless and living on the streets as Emma Frost kicked her out of the mansion with all the other depowered mutants.

Then she becomes a vampire for a while, feeds off of Wolverine and then X-23 because this lets her not be evil for some reason.

I don't know if she was ever given her powers back.

I would agree.

She can't act though.

her american accent is passable

That seems ripe for a "Sucky sucky big white dick! Onry five dorrah!" story.

That all sounds extremely dumb.

she wasn't even interesting though

and blue

Ever since the introduction of the Ultimate line, everything at Marvel has become increasingly stupid. Back then it was just one comic line that was garbage, but with each passing year an increasing percentage of the comics were shit, until we get to today where nothing Marvel puts out is any good, and virtually every editorial decision is made to spite someone. Every decision involving feminism or a raceswap? To piss off the old readers. Every decision made involving Fantastic Four and X-Men? To piss off Fox.

The entire line is basically a spoiled rich girl going "LOOK DADDY! I'M SMOKING! LOOK DADDY, I'M DOING DRUGS! LOOK DADDY, I'M SUCKING BLACK COCK NOW!" while dad's long since gotten a divorce and moved to Thailand with his new wife.

Ultimate was fine. In fact I'd argue Ultimate were some of the only good books Marvel were publishing.

It's the fact that they let Loeb destroy it, and then they folded it, that's bad.

No, Ultimate was not fine. Ultimate kicked off everything that's currently making comic books shit.

Most of the stuff you're talking about happened after Loeb got his hands on it. When the line started it was some of the best stuff Marvel were doing.

No, I specifically avoided mentioning any of the post-Loeb stuff. Loeb is a terrible hack, but he was only shitting on a pile of shit. I didn't mention Wolverine's illegitimate son who produced liquid adamantium to cover his bone claws, I didn't mention Blob eating Wasp, I didn't mention them bringing Galactus back despite the already complete shit Gah-Lak-Tus storyline, everything I mentioned was before Loeb ever touched it. The entire line was deconstruction "Let's make everyone an asshole or a sociopath" garbage, because it was put together by Millar and everything after tried to emulate his sociopathic style of having no one be relatable or moral.

Black Spider-Man was post Ultimatum and you mentioned it, along with Reed becoming a supervillain.

This was a good movie. There were only a couple plotholes, but I enjoyed it.

I particularly liked the re-imagining of Nightcrawler as Rod Flanders from the Simpsons. It was a refreshing take on the character.

The critics are wrong.

Sue cucking him was pre-Loeb though.

critics hate anything that's not marvel.

the bvs fanbois were right.

Why bother? The points basically come down to 'I don't like it because it's not 616' and 'I'm going to blame Ultimate for all of Marvel's problems regardless of whether or not it actually had anything to do with those problems because I don't like it'.

That's a complete re-interpretation. The Ultimate line is when Marvel started writing everyone as an asshole, it was their justification for the endless reboots and doing things specifically to piss off the fans.

Remember that before the Ultimate line they tried to replace Peter Parker with Ben Reilly, and negative fan reaction is what changed their mind. It was after Ultimate that they decided it was fine to change everything specifically to piss people off because it would get people talking. It was the Ultimate line that dragged the line to the left and added all the retarded, quickly dated political references. Everything currently wrong with Marvel can be traced back to the Ultimate line. Don't forget, the fact that Marvel maintained one 616 continuity and didn't have line-wide reboots used to be what separated them from DC, Ultimate was what told them they could get away with it.

You're not even addressing the specific charges, because you can't. You know it's right, you know all those plots were garbage. You can't in any way defend the Ultimate Colossus and Nightcrawler storyline, so you're trying to dismiss it offhand because you liked it because on some level, you're an edgy teenager. Everyone acting like a complete douchebag appealed to your nature.

They never rebooted Ultimate once. In fact, Marvel never had a reboot until Secret Wars, that's DC's bag.

I take it you weren't alive during/were too young to remember the 90s. 'Kill off or replace everyone's favourite hero with some twat' was the favoured gimmick tactic of the Big Two during the 90s. They did it to Superman. Batman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man (although Ben Reilly was the only thing people liked about the Clone Saga), Captain America, Thor, everybody.

Ultimate Marvel had fuck all to do with using outrage bait to sell comics, they were already doing it when Ultimate came along.

Slumping sales due to the story being a convoluted mess that ran too long is what changed their mind.

They decided this long before Ultimate. As I said, changing shit just to bait outrage is hardly a new tactic and it didn't originate with Ultimate in the slightest.

You're projecting like a motherfucker

The Ultimate line WAS a reboot of 616. It was showing what they would change if they could get rid of 616. Everyone knew eventually they were going to fold the two lines together, that's why Quesada denied it so feverishly claiming it would prove they'd officially run out of ideas.

That's the point, Ultimate paved the way for Secret Wars.

Of course, I remember Thunderstrike, and U.S. Agent and Danny Ketch, Rhodey, Ben Reilly and Hulk becoming Grey Hulk and then Smart Hulk. I remember Azrael and Superman Blue and Steel, Superboy, Eradicator and Cyborg.

Back then it was short term shock value. Everyone knew it wouldn't last because the new characters would never be as popular as the originals. Back then it was just a cheap way of introducing a new legacy character. Now if you say you don't like it they openly refer to you as a racist, sexist, homophobe, etc. Now they're trying to keep the changes permanently despite the comics selling like shit.

Before Ultimate if fans expressed outrage they would change things back. Afterwards, they don't even care if the sales tank.

They gave a ton of interviews at the time about how they were getting tens of thousands of physical death threats in the mail over it.

So then tell me what you liked about the Ultimate line. Be specific. Explain what was better about the way characters acted than 616. Don't give some vague, worthless "It was better written" bullshit, give specific examples of character behavior being improved.

Twentieth CenturyFox actually apologizes for the choking JLaw billboard. Rose McGowan that mad feminist is at it again!

archive.is/tx7jV

The entire movie was cheese

Despite this though it feels a lot better than Avengers. Everyone felt like their own character instead of different variants of Whedon-talk. I hate to say it but Fox is really turning this around after a certain producer left…

XXX-Men is actually the gay porn version of the movie.

I don't care how you fags do it, just kill yourselves and never post here again.

When?!?!

I thought it was only Ben that she ended up with. She never fucked Namor to my recollection

to be fair its more her evil older version came back in time and seduced him into being evil.

etc.

It's a miracle seeing you posting outside the maisiefaggotry circlejerk

Did you like Wolverine's cameo?

the (((mouse))) bought them all

Namor kissing Sue on the lips a couple of times hardly counts as cucking. If he kissed her downstairs, or if he introduced to his big throbbing sea snake, that would be a different story, but a few kisses? You're just being inflammatory.

Reed didn't get cucked until Ultimatum, which was all Loeb.

They would have just gotten rid of 616 if this was the case.

You're confusing Marvel for a company with actual foresight and planning.

That was Quesada defiantly claiming Marvel aren't creatively bankrupt. Funny how he went back on it years later.

Low sales paved the way for Secret Wars. Ultimate actually sold very well.

At the end of the day Secret Wars was just a sales gimmick to keep Marvel out of reprints. It backfired and the only reason they're not reprints now is because they've got the Star Wars cow to milk.

Most of those 90s replacements lasted a year. Most of this current crop of replacements have, thus far, lasted a year.

I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with their collapsing market and absolutely everything to do with a line not even connected to main continuity.

People hated the Clone Saga. Big surprise.

I'm pretty sure Loeb didn't write this page.

1) Is this even real? The art looks so bad
2) A break-up isn't cucking. In a reasonable society a break-up is what should happen after the cucking, or before any cucking can take place.

No, the Ultimate line was a test. They wanted to see if trying that would be successful. If letting the modern writers do what they want, forsake continuity, make everyone an asshole, etc, if it would work. If it worked, they could gradually phase out 616, if it didn't, well Ultimate was just a mistake.

It worked because the title chosen "Ultimate" made new readers believe this was the best version, this was what they should be reading. I can't count the number of conversations I had with casual readers confused that 616, Ultimate and even the movies and cartoons didn't all take place in the same story.

I know Ultimate sold well, that's why they made the rest of the line like it. By the end everyone hated the Ultimate line. Loeb was a scapegoat, but it sucked before he touched it.

Whor, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel, flat Spider-Woman, horrifically bad Squirrel Girl, X-23verine, Falconcap, how long have each of these changes lasted?

The problem with the "collapsing market" argument is that while Marvel and DC's sales have dropped, indies, Dark Horse and especially Image have increased in sales. It's not a problem with the market, it's a problem with the Marvel.

1. Unfortunately yes.
2. This is her saying she's going to be a slut and fuck every guy she sees rather than be with him, and she does end up fucking his best friend while dating him.

They will die once the SJW fade ends, 3 to 5 years, even less.

A year

That art is fan art tier

They really wasted the First Class characters in Singer's sequels.

I would have preferred if Matthew Vaughn continued the series.

Havok and Banshee are wasted characters. Instead we get Beast the Cuck and Jfat