True Detective is probably dead

Slug back a couple shots of whiskey and pour out a Lone Star, because it looks like True Detective season three is DOA. That news comes courtesy of Vulture, which quotes an interview with new HBO programming head Casey Bloys saying that another season of the show is highly unlikely.

avclub.com/article/true-detective-probably-dead-237307

mmmm

TD is seen as a joke after the botched S2, I can see them dropping it and moving Pizza onto a new project they have more control over.

It was still more moving and gripping and vastly superior to what most other premium cable networks put out. It was just a victim of season one's success.

Season 1 was great.
The directing really made a pretty normal script something awesome.
Even the nihilistic exposition looked interesting and they finally found Mat they a role he could fit in.

come on it was shit. atrocious pacing, shitty ending. TD season 1 had the same problem but made up for it with amazing vignettes, 2 of the best action sequences on TV for years, and excellent locations/cinematography.

you can't just take away everything and everyone that made something good and expect a decent result.

Not to mention the acting in S01 was leagues better than Vince Vaughn and Rachel McAdams "acting". Also the setting of LA, the big reveal being a lame sex party, and the forced gay character and strong female character all brought S02 down

You didn't like the shoot-out?

They weren't that bad. In fact that's probably my opinion on the entire season.

Yeah, Season two was disappointing compared to the first one but can anyone honestly name a second season of a drama show that is every bit as good, if not better, than the first?

Basically, consider this clickbait until someone at HBO officially announces that True Detective is dead.

Fair enough. I would agree that people love to hate season 2 more than it deserves. I liked Colin Farrell, that line about how "We dont even go to the moon anymore" still sticks in my brain. Following season 1 it was a downgrade however, and a lot of the characters felt forced. I hardly remember anything about the gay character other than he was gay. Thats horrible writing

I remember he got shot in the back.

dead or alive?
dead on arrival?
dick on ass?
dank over awesome?
distilled on acid?

feminist bloggers and Pizza being a beta cuck ruined TD.

This show was garbage including season one.

Actually, I'd argue that TD season 2 was kind of 'red-pilled'.

The lack of tits killed it, though. The only reason I watched season 1 was for Daddario tits and I was pleasantly surprised the rest of it wasn't complete shit.

Do later seasons count? Because Sopranos 6B is GOAT. Also the Wire S2 is considered by many to be its best.

I liked TD S2. Very good, but certainly plagued with problems.

Good.

he ran out of shit to steal for season 2 so that's why it was so terrible

no way he'd do a season 3

also the change in directors rip

Damn I still remember constant threads praising that show two years ago.

who cares?

season 1 was good until the last episode, but season 2 was such garbage that I'd rather watch Game Of Thrones

What was wrong with the last episode? It brought the whole thing together.

I thought it was lame how the intricate mystery they'd been building up all season turned out to be one incestuous hillbilly

also, why did he start talking in a british accent all of a sudden?

Well it wasn't just him, he was just a big part of the muscle for the group. Remember when Rust is sitting in the hospital and the TV is talking about how the senator of the family was NOT going to get in trouble? Marty even consoles Rust when Rust talks about how they didn't get them all (or even really that many of them).

Also I thought the television show had someone talking in a british accent? The one he bent over and watched when he walked in the house. I just took this as a sign that 1: something wasn't straight in the guys head 2: everything he knew about the outside world was from a lot of this old media he watched over and over. Which reinforced the idea that he was kept hidden as a sort of family shame. Also reinforce the first point that this person was all sorts of fucked up.

S2 was literally the worst thing ever.

No, it was just pure shit. Filler wrapped in empty pathos. I wish I could ge the time back.

Really enjoyed S1, dropped S2 after a few episodes.
What went wrong?

Good.

Mr. Nick "I'm way too cool for some two-bit hack like Robert W. Chambers, that's why the only interesting stuff in my shit cop show is what I stole from him'' Pizza can get fucked.

I think some money grabbers up top saw the connections from s1 to reality and had to pozz up s2. I bet s2 would of been about human trafficking then goes up to organ stealing from the elites high up

I liked S1 but the hype felt forced. Marketing department did a good job.

I haven't seen s2 yet but I knew s1 couldn't be topped unless they had the same cast return, which wouldn't have worked within the context of the story.

I'd rather see pizza do something else anyway as opposed to have the show continually decline.

s1 had two strong characters investigating what appeared to be a cult that murdered people. The cult spookyness remained until the end of the season

s2 had 4 main characters whose stories were all kind of weak. the crime they were investigating was again, murder but to facilitate a white collar crime and landgrab. The whole strong empowered womyn thing was annoying, detective edge was annoying, his fat son was annoying, the gay cop was annoying; the only one that seemed to have his shit together was vince vaughn

Same. Shit characters, acting? and constant helicopter shots of the city to make the show seem deep. You can't make shithead characters with no redeeming qualities and expect people to relate to the show. I don't think I even made it to the main plot of the season – at least I can't remember what it was.

checked

Good. We need original works and not endless sequels and lower quality seasons.

\Thats the thing, Taylor didn't exactly do a bad job with acting as him. He was a solder, his mom was abusive, he had other things to work with, yet it was all about him being gay. they didn't even mix his problems together, like, his mom burned his back with candlewax after finding him sucking a dudes dick.

Nope, The main focus is that he's gay and he doesn't want to be.

He could have been way more interesting.

Well they forced this prog on the creator (gay character/stronkwomyn) and he cucked out and did it.

At least he tried to make them semi-believable.

It was moving away from the buddy-buddy formula that caused all the drop-off. Everything else is just the symptom.

not really. the only thing I took away from it was that brokeback mountain is a good shot. The rest seemed kind of half assed.