Today marks the day Alien premiered in the U.S in 1979. But who needs a reason for an Alien thread...

Today marks the day Alien premiered in the U.S in 1979. But who needs a reason for an Alien thread? Post all things Xeno. Guess I'll start things off with a basic question.

Alien or Aliens? I can safely say that I'd go with Alien. Aliens is good in its own way, but I don't think it captures that atmosphere and mystery I loved in the first. I've also seen Aliens way more, and it has become all too familiar.

I liked aliens more but the first one is very unique and I don't think any of the later films managed to even come close to the atmosphere of the first.

What would the ideal AvP movie look like? Would you set it in present day, or future? Would it be on Earth or LV-whatever? Would the military feature at all, or leave it to scientists/civilians getting massacred?

AvPvBvS

I still don't understand the whole fixation people have with the AvP series. I thought it was extremely underwhelming, and I think Predator just sucks in comparison to the original Xeno. Were the sequels redeemable at all? I've only seen the first and I guess I've erased most of it from my memory.

Anyways, I think it would have been kind of neat to have something like it take place in a more claustrophobic location like the Nostromo. This way you could keep the horror elements from both series without resorting to 100% schlock from the gate. You would need humans of course, but I would argue against Marines. Leave them as engineers caught in the middle of two incredibly intimidating creatures.

That's because they are fundamentally different movies.

I'd say the original AvP was above average. Sequel was terrible in every aspect.

I've only seen the first half of Predators 2, it had a much stronger '80s vibe to it, kinda cheesy and over the top with the backdrop of the gangwar but seemed to stay true enough.

Predators was also average, not standout, but not overly retarded and dense like Prometheus/AvP2

That goes without saying, but a lot of what made Alien unique was thrown right out the window in order to make the sequel, and Aliens established the route the series would eventually go down. I do enjoy watching it every now and then, but it's pretty much nothing more than a dumb loud action movie to me.

ayy

I can agree with that.

That looks and sounds really fucking gross.

I refuse to watch any Alien movie except the original because I'm autistic and I don't want the action sequels to ruin it for me.

Alien 3 was almost shamelessly trying to copy alien while adding the action of aliens.

And it ended up being the worst of the bunch.

Aliens 3's problem is no one had control, it was a cluster fuck of ideas and dropped footage. The base concept would work other wise.

Whatcha think?

Did somebody say..Xenos?

Not really and it didn't copy Aliens at all.

fuck me, i forgot the first xeno gets killed by the predator

I feel that the Engineers would have been long extinct by the time the preds discovered the xenos. I also feel that Engineer tech would be far more advanced than the preds. The Engineers specialize in building better worlds, after all.

probably, but did avp ever have any real logic to it?

Oh if only Renny Harlin had made Alien 3! Sure it would have been bad, but it would have been so gloriously bad!

The new Alien audiobooks are bretty good.

The new story has Rutger Hauer as Ash - who uploaded his consciousness into Ripley's escape pod.

Haven't got to the AVP audiobooks yet.

Predator 2 is really enjoyable now. I liked Predators.

Has there been any news on Covenant?

I would have loved if Vincent Ward had stayed on and just grabbed the producers by the beak when they tried to mess up his film. The whole wooden monastery in space sounded really cool. Could have been a highbrow blockbuster.

Not as far as I know. Nor has there been any news about Neil Cuckampf's Aliens sequel.

That's being shelved until not-prometheus 2 is done

I hope it never takes wind. That shit was fucking fanfic-tier. And this comes from someone who actually liked reading Fire and Stone. Even with the shitty Predator-stuff inbetween.

That whole idea was fucking gayer than shit. I would have stuck with the William Gibson script.

You've got no taste at all.

I just realized, eventually some exec will remake Alien for modern sjw sensibilities, only this time with a strong female nigger.

You're saying you wouldn't want to see people transforming into Xenomorphs?

Did you miss AvP 1 ?

Oh my bad, i though blomkamp's movie was called covenant, but that's the next ridley movie.

Only news i know is katherine waterston was cast and there's a pic from set, related.

Alien is GOAT, Aliens and beyond is fanfic tier that shits all over the Xenomorph's mystery and horror.