Watch Deep Space Nine

Those weren't awful, it was nice to see how a secular society like the federation learnt to deal with and see the positive side of religion. Quite red pilled, for star trek anyway.

Again only bad if you just think back to the highlights, everyone wants instant payoff these days but those kind of episodes did important character development and world building that made you care more when they did something cool.

Dax always sucks, still the one with the three ancient klingons on a planetwide massacre was awesome. Also she made an interesting foil for the egotistical Bashir in the early series. Her character would have been much better had they pulled a role reversal once he revealed his true genetically engineered power level.

GUIDE TO DS9 FOR DUMMIES!

Skip first episode, skip season finales, skip 2 parters not about klingons, skip anything with "profit" in the title, and skip "move along home".

What are the good DS9 episodes that focus on combat and intrigue? I can't be bothered to wade through all the Star Trek shit to get to the good part.

Well first thing you should understand is that DS9 is one of the more episodic Trek series.
But if I had to name a couple stand alone ones that even a first time viewer could probably get into?

Combat,
Empok Nor 5x24
The Way of the Warrior 4x1
Blood Oath 2x19 (second best Dax episode, only second best because she's still alive)

Intrigue,
Q-Less 1x7 (if you love some Q, it's the only Q episode in DS9)
The Nagus 1x11
Duet 1x19

Just keep in mind some of these will have spoilers towards the entire plot.

I've watched through DS9 for the most part, mostly skipping "one off" episodes, those that I knew were gonna be shit and the boring parts so I have a general grasp of the plot, and don't much care about spoilers.

I'm just trying to find what good episodes I missed.

But thank you anyway for making an effort.

Season 4's finale is one of the best episodes in the series.

I suppose it could be argued.
I'll have to add in

Between Odo, Garak, and Quark, DS9 has some of the best characters in Star Trek, captains and first officers excluded.

It's because it's something better! A Garak episode

Must we fight?

I didn't see all of DS9, just really the first season, and in that Dukat seemed like a standard Cardassian asshole. Let's say I wanted to see the most awesome Gul Dukat episodes. What would they be?

Hell Holla Forums should just put together all the best bits of DS9 So pretty much each time Garak and Dukat is on screen

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Was trying to avoid main plot heavy episodes.

O'Brien was DS9's punching bag
While Worf was TNG's one

It's the engineers curse.
Just ask Jordie.

Psst. Sisko-user, did anyone save the Holla Forums custom Star Trek thread?

>from the last season

I didn't. Did you?

Writers who try to pull this shit need to have their laptops and fingers broken by jocks.

Worf is treated like shit in that entire episode.

FFFFFUUUUUU-

I don't remember if it's in archive or not now. But hey, we remember the details…somewhat. To another thread, I guess.

So the new ST show they are making. How badly will they miss the mark?

Star Trek has been all over the quality map with its series, so to miss the mark they'd need to be completely facing in the opposite direction.

Nog is acting like a complete dweeb kissing up to Sisko with his fucking hands behind his back. I'm becoming convinced that his only purpose is to make the main cast more likable by comparison.

That's not hard really. I think Nog is fine in the later episodes though.

The only good thing that ever happened with Nog is when he was a cripple.

You are forgetting the time where he goes on a double date with Jake and demands the women chew his food for him and calls them fee-males and the date crashes and burns, that was genuinely funny

Actually, he only asked her to cut it for him. He later pointed out how polite he had been by not asking her to chew it too.
I personally find everything about the Ferengi feminism too annoying to be amusing.

That particular case was quite interesting though. When Jake goes back to his father and says how Nog behaved, Sisko doesn't once condemn how Nog treated her. All he says is that humans and Ferengi have significant cultural differences and that Jake just needs to accept it. I had thought lefties defending misogyny in the name of cultural sensitivity (a la migrant invasion) was relatively recent, but that episode aired in 95.

"Cardassians"

Is that supposed to be Seven of Nine?

So much for the rule of law in 2387…

Multi episode sotry arc with interesting tension and suspense.

Jadzia is singing a Klingon war song

yeah they've run the gamut from shit to fuckin' shit!

So basically all of Season 6 and 7?