So apparently there's a new (read reboot) Halloween movie coming out with Carpenter as an executive producer...

So apparently there's a new (read reboot) Halloween movie coming out with Carpenter as an executive producer. It seems like we don't get much in the way of good/scary horror movies these days, there's not too many anyways, but maybe this will help remind people what it's all about. Then again, I've only seen the first Halloween movie and it scared the shit out of me the first time. It could be another Ward for all we know. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/oRxEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit. Forgot archive.

archive.is/oRxEI

which means he does nothing.

It's something at least. Unlike all these other "reimaginings".

From Bloody Disgusting

I'm not familiar with his stuff. Haven't seen Oculus or Hush. Were they any good?

The short film Oculus that the major movie is based on was interesting and creative. His hollywood work is pretty shit though seems to allow producers and executives to walk all over him and make a vanilla product.

Expect this to be disappointing sadly.

If anyone feels the need for a bit of short horror though, check out his oculcus short.

Oculus was watchable and even enjoyable at parts, but betrays itself in the last 10 minutes so that Oculus 2 could be a thing because sequels is the mark of a good horror movie these days

Oculus and Hush were pretty damn solid.
At the very east, they're an enjoyable watch. Especially Hush.

I like that movie along with the sequel. Halloween "purists" scream because Rob Zombie gave a motivation to the killer who had none, but I've felt that in these decades, that brought Michael closer to the viewers. But I also loved Halloween III, which didn't feature Micheal in the main role…

his childhood was shit. what a fucking revelation.

"Purists" just want a repeat of the original movie. That's why they always bitch about remakes. The horror genre was built on remakes. Do you realize how many remakes of Dracula there have been? There was practically no bitching back in the 50s when Hammer made their first Dracula film. Why is there so much now?

WHAT???

I thought he died, I was listening to some soundcloud compilation of his obscure and unused music and was sad he could not see the rebirth of synth.

Great news to me just for that

The best we can hope to get is Carpenter looking at it and saying "It's shit… do it again". Until the studio kicks him out for demanding quality.

Meh, Halloween died about six movies ago anyway.

John Carpenter is a hack and his only fans are edgy teenagers, beardfat fedoras, and Alex Jones.

Michael Myers should have been over and done with after the second movie, if not the first.

You're probably thinking of Wes Craven.

ah so you're legit retarded, good to know

no one batted an eye at Reboots back then, because they weren't about starting a "new audience" that alienated the old one, there was no "old audience" in dracula's case, true that many of its iterations were seminal in the horror genre, but they were as niche as they were influential, its not until someone made a release with a large enough backing and a wide enough appeal that it was able to get widespread praise and recognition, pair that with the budding puopularity with horror movies at the time and you have a recipe for success

Reboots nowadays are cashing in on popular properties for nostalgiabux with no respect or thought put into who this relates or compares to the original, and little more than that, Rob Zombie's Halloween is no different, though to his credit Carpenter told him to make it "his own" so its not entirely his own fault that its shit

Carpenter has said that his role in these remakes is to put out his hand, tell them to put money in it, then go get high and jam with his buds. Dude does not give a shit about the movie system at all, after all the bullshit he's had to put up with.

I saw what happened last time somebody remade Halloween.
I'll fucking pass.

Yes expanding on his fucked up childhood in the first rob zombie remake was good on him.
The bullshit visions in the 2nd film however……..

The first Halloween remake was good.

The second remake was really bad. I remember watching it in theatres and the shot would pan out with the guy on the phone sitting on the far right end. Michael would casually walk up to him an stab him. It was indicative of the quality of the movie. The protag's scream at the end went on for far too long. It caused a tonal shift from horror to comedy.

Michael was also the actual boogeyman, which is why he was initially credited as the Shape. He was a supernatural force that came to town to cause destruction. The third movie was nice as it shifted away from Michael to focus more on Halloween, but I think the druid angle was a bit silly. It also brought down some of the other movies a bit in the end as it allowed a mysterious other figure to break out Michael from jail. Michael should have gotten out on his own power to emphasis that he wasn't what as human as he appeared to be, but a boogeyman.

The visions were a bit much and could have been cut.

It doesn't help that a lot of newer films have appealed way too heavily to the pop teen market. Just look at Halloween: Busta Rhymes edition. Also, slashers have been pretty cliche since the 80s/90s. Some good slashers have come out since then, but it was easy to tell that they needed to take a break when Jason went to space..

I believe that was the original plan as Michael Myers wasn't the focus of Halloween, but grew so popular that he took it over.

FLIPMODE GON GETCHA BOY