Oh Look, It's This Thread Again

Time for another Disney remake trailer and its accompanying thread. If you haven't seen it yet, please see it first before reading replies so that you can reflexively vomit as much as I did.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/beauty-beast-teaser-tops-star-897032
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it'll happen

also, idina menzel wants lesbians in frozen 2

fix'd

Why they do this, even the fucking trailer looked like shit, and I doubt they will be able to capture any of the characters even cromunlently.

Dude I know a lot of adults who will flock to the theater to see this crap. And honestly I can't see the appeal of watching a movie that couldn't surpass the original

Oy vey, gotta make sure the copyright on the cartoon adaptation of a public domain story doesn't expire, and we already fired all our cartoon artists!

Fuckin' heresy right there. The only way they could make this good is by having Gaston kick ass for two hours, then fuck the Beast's shit up at the end and bang Belle after she becomes not-retarded.

seriously though, nothing will ever beat 60's-70's Disneyshit

OP back with further comment on everything I know about it other than She Who Must Not Be Named:

Because I never watched Dreamgirls, I would say he hasn't done anything good since Chicago besides Kinsey and Mr. Holmes. But if they bring the songs back, he would be in his element.

The former is known for two things: writing shitty DVD Disney sequels (Lion King 1 1/2 being the one exception) and writing bad-to-mediocre fantasy action (Battle for Terra, Hercules 2014, and Huntsman Winter's War). They probably put The Wallflower on for quality control, since he's also written a musical albeit the gayest musical of all time until Frozen 2 comes along, but still and has also written a movie featuring She Who Must Not Be Named.

Seems they're definitely bringing the songs back.

I don't watch Downton, so I don't know about him, but maybe Bill Condon got him cast because he vaguely looks like Brendan Fraser, who was in Gods and Monsters, but isn't Brendan.

I haven't seen his parts in Clash of the Titans, Three Musketeers 2011, Immortals, Hobbit, and Dracula Untold, but they seem cheesy and hammy enough to allow him to at least attempt to fill that barge-sized hole. And Gaston actually seems like the perfect part for a straight-acting gay Big Guy. His chin seems fine for the part, too.

This seems fine, I guess.

They do a very good job imitating Jerry Orbach and David Ogden Stiers in the trailer, but I'm not sure that translates into actually filling these roles well.

He actually fits perfectly.

Another thing about Luke Evans because I didn't read his whole wiki article: he was also in the first West End run of Rent.

It's not gonna work. Evans comes off as too much of a likeable fellow to play a straight-laced macho "asshole" like Gaston, and in live-action, the kiddy morality of the animated movie might not work nearly as well.

Here he is in a Gaston-off with Hugh Jackman. Both failed.

Fantasia is the best Disney film, but Beauty and the Beast is the best one from their renaissance period in the late 80s and early 90s.

the question here is: Will the SJW destroy them once they try to adapt Pocahontas or Aladdin?

That was fine until people started fucking talking.

I thought Maleficent was good, but I can't say I'm optimistic about the Beast remake. A 26-year-old maiden in a poor provincial town in medieval Europe? Watson should really have been cast as the old beggar woman who cast the spell on the prince on that fateful night. The prince is canonically 20 during the film—maybe being a beast gives you a natural cougar fetish but Watson's kinda >>>/hebe/ if she's dating someone who barely passes the [age]÷2+7 test. And Gaston wouldn't be interested in a haggard old spinster pushing 30, given that his desire to make six or seven babies with his wife would be a biological impossibility.

NOOOOOOOOOO-

OOOOOOONE'S

SLICK LIKE GASTON

I'd like to say they wouldn't even try, but we all know that's not realistic.

However, Pocahontas is the lowest rated of the Disney Renaissance films because of both sides of the political spectrum complaining about racism.

Aladdin had this changed because of angry Muslims.

just rape my childhood

Eh, I can see why the Arabs complained and they changed it. It'd be like making an animated Disney movie about Beowulf or some shit and then singing about how Vikings, when a man died, would brutally kill his wife so she could join him in the afterlife, assuming she wasn't already dead. Just needlessly pissing off a potential demographic in a kids film.

Eh? Right wingers complained too?

Basically it came down to right wingers complaining that the white people were too barbaric and the Natives weren't barbaric enough, and left wingers complaining that the Natives were too barbaric, and the white people weren't barbaric enough. There was also a small portion making valid but irrelevant points about historical accuracy.

Which is a shame because, complaints aside, it is a beautiful film and a masterpiece of animation. Certainly better than Hercules, which got mostly positive reviews.

Because they're in denial?

Cutting body parts off of people for crimes real or imagined is what they do in that part of the world. It makes no sense to deny it.

They complained about the whole goddamn thing anyway. They complained that the handsome Aladdin and beautiful Princess Jasmine looked too 'European' whilst the bad guys looked more traditionally Middle Eastern. They complained about the characters' implorations to 'Allah'. They complained about goddamn everything.

Do you know what people did back then? Ignored them.

Back to Cuckchan, faggot

lol wat

It was shit.

Maleficent was the best Disney villain and the made her a fucking faggot.

NO ONE'S DICK IS AS INCREDIBLY THICK AS GASTON'S

WITH MY PRIAPUS YES I'M INTIMIDATING

I recall this shit from my youth and I wasn't surprised that it took place.

You mean these ignorant fucks got pissy that the high royalty thanked their god? Well, why should I be surprised.

Agreed. The movie was animated in a fantastic manner and the pratfalls and humor shit was very toned down, as well as not shying away from the violence and death that came with the conflicts.

Hercules was almost nothing but humor with a few action-y bits thrown in and when things got bad, they were hard to take seriously.

Hadies was perfectly fine though. He was easy to slip between being an ass, but also angry and dangerous simply depending on how his VA delivered his lines.

James Woods was the only good thing about Hercules.

Nevermind, I forgot Pinnochio exists.

No

All I did was cringe throughout Maleficent, and now I'm not even going to watch the Beauty and the Beast remake, They've already hideously miscast Bell as Emma Whyson what hope do we have that they will cast anyone else properly.

Wow, they actually miscast everyone.

The Gospel Revival soundtrack was excellent, but James Woods was perfect like a diamond as Hades, I wasn't even mad that he was far off the actual Hades.

YOU SEE-EES
'S YOU SEE-EES
BICEPS BICEPS BICEPS
EVERY LAST INCH OF ME'S COVERED WITH CUM!!!

The Slimline PS2 can't handle soundies tbh

Taqiiya however the fuck sandniggers spell it doesn't work when the truth is told, infidel.

>>>Holla Forums

Nigger are you DEAF? I love McGregor, but he didnt sound good at all. granted he got one line, but t sounded bad. McKellan sounds NOTHING like david, but he doesn't sound bad. McGregor sounded like he was trying way to hard

hollywoodreporter.com/news/beauty-beast-teaser-tops-star-897032

Really? Where's the source? Because there's only 8.5m views on Youtube.

Smells like Disney shilling.

So Gaston finally gets his story told right?

Who am I kidding…Not even myself.

This is the more appalling opinion, honestly.

YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!

That was McKellen? I thought it was Robert Downey Jr. at first.

McGregor just sounds odd. He did a great job of disguising his voice, but he sounds nothing like Lumiere.

In fact, their voices are the wrong way around. Lumiere sounds more like what Cogsworth should sound like (high and nasally), while Cogsworth sounds more like what Lumiere should sounds like (deeper and breathier).

This shit is gonna suck so hard.

The original Aladdin took place "in a city in China". and was Chinese.

The story was added to "One Thousand and One Nights" in the 19th century because an Arab told a Frenchie the tale.

So, they should have/could have complained about that, I guess.

He also ends up in Africa and seems to have infinite genie wishes.

There is also a great scene in the book talking about Jewish merchants being dishonest and ripping Aladdin off.

Aladdin is also completely and totally retarded.

MUAAAAH

From what I remember, it took place in China, but the tale itself is most likely Arabic, as all the characters in the book are still Muslim and have Arabic names, and the version of China portrayed in the story has a Sultan and a Vizier for some weird reason.

It's weird. It's like setting a tale in medieval Europe, but with a King Mehmet, Sir Suleiman and a Princess Leyla, and having Janissaries serving as royal guards.

no shit, right?

Hadies was probably the least offensive of any of the Greek pantheon. I think the "worst" thing that happened was his wedding to Persephone and his mother-in-law getting pissy and refusing to let plants grow and such while her daughter was with hadies, so he only got his wife about half a year.

Or how about how the Cyclops people gave the three brothers gifts?

Seriously, other than Hephaestus, Hadies gets shafted the most out of the pantheon. The one thing they got right was the bantering and bickering between the gods.

I never read the book, but honestly in the disney movie, Gaston gave up on Belle after she publicly humiliated him. He just wanted to sit in the bar and stare at the fires.

It wasn't until Lefou (and everyone else in the tavern) began stroking his dick and making his ego swell, pretty much telling him that he's completely unparalleled and DESERVES Belle.

This pushes him to go bonkers and act as the over the top dude everyone wants him to be.

Hell, he's expecting to fight this Beast with… A boot knife and a bow.

So he busts into the room where the beast is and is ready. Let that beast charge him and he'll shoot, let him attack and he'll counter attack.

Instead, he stands there, aiming at the beast. beast just looks back at him, hangs his head and gives into fate, so Gaston shoots him. The shot may have been fatal, but there may have been magic fuckery keeping the beast alive, at least until the last petal of the flower fell.

But even at that Gaston still keeps fighting the beast and doesn't shy away when the beast fights back. The only glimpse of Gaston not wanting to be there is when Beast gets an advantage and holds him over the edge of the castle, but then, what would he return home to if he came back without the beast's body or head?

All those villagers keep thinking Gaston is a hero and beef him up to be greater than anyone else. If he failed, then that illusion to them would be broken. Gaston therefore has no choice at this point, he must kill the beast or die trying.

The Book is way different, Gaston isn't a character there isn't really a real antagonist too, Belle's sisters are bitches and Belle is kind of standing in her own way, The Beast dies of a broken heart.

Well all their stories are way off, The Little Mermaid dissolves into seawater after the prince marries another girl, The Hunchback holds Esmeralda in his arms until he dies, Mulan Commits suicide, They really changed everything.

The story was Arabic. 'China' was really just code for 'Somewhere far away' because what the story describes isn't China at all.

Seems par for the course.

Shit, i remember seeing Jurassic park back in 93 and thought it was great, but it wasn't until around 98-99 that I got my hands on the novel and, holy shit is the novel better.

The biggest mistake of our era.

They should make a movie about the Brave Little Tailor. On the other hand, there is so much machismo and bold, don't-give-a-fuck attitude in that story that it'd probably give the SJWs and the kikes at Disney aneurysms.

The problem nowadays is that they are making just as much noise as they did back then, but there was more common sense to be had and no one with two brain cells to rub together listened to them.

For a moment, I thought it was Kristen Stewart.

This is even worse.

Yay, rather than remake a movie from sixty years ago, they're going to ruin one many modern adults grew up with.

70's Disney had an awful lot of duds, mang.

You can't blame Disney for that one. They needed the hero and his fucktoy to look attractive, so of course they're just going to be white people with dark pigmentation. That's how you can draw far hotter arabs and nigresses than exist in reality. They're just whites with dark/black skin.

Who would be better casting options? I am drawing a blank on young french looking actresses who are kind of bookish. Like, a young Allison Brie would be nice. A more douchebaggy man to play Gaston would be ideal. Beast will be mostly CGI so I dont really care about the casting choice there.

har har, dah har har

The original story took place in Central Asia, Uzbeckistan. Alladin was a Chinese boy and the Princess was Uzbeck.

Was that uninspired murmuring supposed to be Lumiere?

Oh fuck off!

Reminder emmas been singing for 20 years and was trained to sing and dance as a kid. She sings briefly innawoods after the second task in goblet of fire, really pleasant voice imo. Cant wait

Link or GTFO.

she does sound like she's be a good singer, though