So that Hodor shit once you get past the shock value really doesn't hold up. It is fucking stupid...

So that Hodor shit once you get past the shock value really doesn't hold up. It is fucking stupid, nonsensical and cheap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XHhoVif_dbM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Keep it in the GOT thread.
Also, agreed, they are just killing off characters for shock value.

The whole episode was dogshit. They spent the whole hour on petty bitching, literally every fucking character acting completely out of character (Varys fucking bitching about a woman's religion and then being hurt when she brought up his castration? Are you fucking kidding me?), and just making up bullshit rules (The white walkers can't go to the tree, but because one of them burned Bran's arm, he and his whole posse can just roll in. Also, they want to kill tree dude for no reason. Also, the zombies could have just burrowed through the ceiling the whole time and never did for no reason. Also, an unrelated person yelling "hold the door" can just channel through Bran into the past and make Hodor retarded for no reason. Also "Bran, you need to leave right now, except wait you should warg out with me and become an easy target at the worst possible time first". Fuck this fucking show.

I liked it, but you're entitled to your opinion.

The whole season up to this point is a patchwork of interpersonal drama and asspulls.

He wasn't offended, he was shocked that she knew knew about his castration is such detail.

Where do you think you are?

The fact that he got into a pissing contest about religion in general doesn't make any sense, given his character who has always been tactful, playing the long game, and gathering information for leverage. Him out of nowhere jabbing somebody they need over her religion is pathetically out of character.
Everybody knows he is a eunuch, and they've brought it up like 5 times this fucking season. Why the hell would be be surprised that somebody knows a specific detail about something that's already common knowledge?

I figured hodor was a warg and just saw his own death. Don't know how they will explain time travel shit.

FUCK YOU

he didn't hold up a good enough poker-face for his character, his reaction as a little too telling.

I liked Tyrions little story

The details of his castration are not common knowledge, and that is why he was shocked she knew them.
She wasn't just saying "lol u got no dik" which is what he is used to, she was saying "This is exactly how you lost your dick." I don't take issue with the other parts of your post, but Varys being shocked that someone he has never met before casually knows one of his most closely guarded secrets is completely plausible.

I can't believe how badly they mangled Hodor. He's probably the easiest character not to fuck up.

I hope it's not like this in the books.

can't tell if serious.

It's not really about religion, it's about magic. The red priests and priestesses are the magic ones and Varys has a disdain for magic because of the wizard/warlock/whatever who castrated him. He told that story to Tyrion regarding Melisandre and it's come up here again in an awkward attempt by the writers to create some kind of symmetry.

I do agree that Varys would have been more cool with his shit.

Also, am I the only one who would totally fuck the new Red Priestess, whatever-her-name-is?

You mean humour value, right?

I am.

I know they've established that Hodor's name is Walder, from the very first book, and that he's always been retarded, so that's secure. I'm just wondering if Martin's explanation for the origin of 'Hodor' will be as retarded as it was here.

I'm with you on that, she's got some nice tits.

I was hoping we'd get to see said nice tits, but alas I was disappointed.

There is still time my brother, hold fast to hope.

This show is being written by a pack of hens now.

I know the show is waaay off from the book but is that how Hodor's name came about in the books?
It seemed like a really shit way to kill off a character with the whole "WOAH EPIC TIME TRAVEL TWEEST!"

Martin hasn't revealed where 'Hodor' came from, but seeing as the show changed Hodor's real name from Walder to Willis and made it so that Hodor used to talk until he could only say 'Hodor', instead of always being retarded and only able to say 'Hodor', I strongly doubt the origin of the term will be the same in the books.

It will be.

He practically confirmed the Hold the Door thing in an interview before this episode.

Oh jesus

Which interview?

Figures that the most retarded thing to happen in the show yet would also happen in the books.

they burned the characters. they centre the story about shit few people care an as usal D&D as the strong point

after season 4 that they had to start creating shit becasue they passed the books it all went downhill

What even happened in this episode> I watched it and only really recall the female grayjoy getting btfo and then she stole boats.

And killing off memedor too

You need to stop fucking around with your phone while watching shit, you stupid idiot.

Basically, it's all a load of shit. The only good parts were the tits.

I was watching it, the point is that a bunch of meaningless shit happened and I forgot it all shortly after because this show isn't doing anything.

Poor hold the door. Why didn't he run after he had held the door for a while? Why wouldn't they just track em in the snowstorm? Can't they just track him with his sauron mark?

They changed it from Walder to Willis because they didn't want showfags to think he was Walder Frey.

Was it supposed to be sad, Holla Forums?

I watch it just to see what stupid shit is going to happen next. I am not disappointed. This episode was hilarious.

I dropped this trash hard in season 3 and never looked back. You can keep enjoying your butchering of the source material with 200% more fags and feminism, but I'll pass.

Bran and Meera timehaxed his brain and all he could do -all he could exist for- was Holding the Door. They condemned him to a lifetime of mental retardation and a hideous death for like a twenty second head start on the ice zombies.

those I can tolerate

what I have a problem with is that he spent five books building up a cool world and an intriguing plot, assuring us that it's not just gonna be cliche shit where the heroes are invincible and the bad guys are pure evil and just want to kill everyone, but now it turns out all of that is the case and we couldn't even hear it from GRRM himself because he can't be arsed to write anymore

President Tramp will save us from shit like you.

I almost cried.

hit too close to home, huh?

That was lame.

you're just digging yourself deeper, m8

Thought it was a kinda neet denouement for the character but jesus christ everything else about that scene was pure garbage.

What did he say exactly?

If he gives Hodor a heroic death in the books, I won't be mad. If he reveals that Hodor is a contraction of 'Hold the door' like in the series, I will find him and kill him before he can ever finish Book 7.

It just amazes me. Martin had all these offers from film and TV people to adapt his books, and he turned them all down because he didn't think they'd adapt his work faithfully. And who does he finally give the adaptation rights to? Two guys who have never produced a TV show ever. One who wrote Troy, which took the mythology out of Greek mythology and in which the director or whoever didn't seem to know where the heel is, and the godawful X-Men Origins Wolverine. And the other whose only writing credit is an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

The worst part is that he's so cucked he'll just let D&D shit all over the only thing he's ever written that people care about, even though Martin himself has a fairly extensive background in writing for television

A few things.

1. This show just got fuckin' Dallas tier.
2. The Others are really the good guys as many fan theories have thus far suggested.
3. Ironborn just going: "Oh, yeah, that bitch on the other side of the world, let's help her migrant crisis and rule the world???"

Kinda hilarious how their justification for this is essentially "fuck women lmao"

None of this bullshit makes any sense

I couldn't even stomach season 4, personally. Season 3, save for the Red Wedding, was so forgettable I dropped it before season 4 came around.

I take it I'm not missing much.

Basically yes the scene was intended from Hodors creation, a guy even guessed it on reddit or something years ago and he had an interview soon after where he mentioned someone had guessed the end for a character.

Its still fairly heroic he clearly regains his senses at the end but still holds the door. Its even heavily implied the reason he acts like he does is because when Bran mind rapes young Hodor he shows him how he dies which is why Hodor is terrified of fighting and loud noises.

Their justification is that they want to rule the north.

She would give it to them in exchange for the help taking down the pansies from westeros.

in other words, it's game of thrones

i think this show is crap. seen two episodes and dropped it immediatelly.

That's nice, dear.

It's fucking stupid.

At least in the books Euron's plan was to seduce Daenerys and steal her dragons with the help of the Dragon Horn. Here, no such justification. No show of strength. D&D cut out all the mysticism, and what we have left is pudgy faced motherfucker who admits to usurping their king and then plans to build the biggest fleet the Iron Islands have ever seen so they can sail to Essos and offer their services to Daenerys, when it was previously established that Ironborn make common cause with no one. And for some reason people follow him. It's retarded.

If Yara had maybe laid off the whole milk for the last two seasons and wasn't a scowling dyke, she might have gotten more votes.

Thing is, they didn't even really vote. They mangled the Kingsmoot so badly. Also, it made absolutely no sense for Theon to be there.

Nothing the Ironborn have ever done makes sense anyway. They're retards.

The whole "iron price" thing is moronic.

HODOR
ODORH
DORHO
ORHOD
RHODO

Is that a shot at GRRM or at Tolkien?

PS,
Tolkien is a hack who has been givin too much credit for his contribution to the fantasy genre.

Stop making new threads on this garbage when there are already 5 threads in the catalog for it.

Game of Cucks fans confirmed for shit taste.

I bet you're the sort of cuck who thinks Ursula Le Guin is actually a good writer and have never read Lord Dunsany. I'm ashamed of even browsing the same board as you.

They made them especially retarded in the show.

The more fantasy, the more retarded it gets, when the walkers were the only mubo jumbo in the series was much better

HOL UP

ARE U SAYING

SMACKS LICK

HOL DA DOOH

GRRM said that yes, "Hold the door" will eventually wind up the same way in the books. Hodor will die holding some door.
Now, will it be the same door? Possibly. Will it have the same context? Absolutely not.

This whole scene reeks of GRRM revealing one of his "big secrets", and then D&D just write around it until it fits their vision. This same exact shit happened with Stannis and Shireen. Yes, Shireen is clearly slated to die in the books, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell of Stannis burning her because he got stuck under a foot of snow.

I laughed my ass off at the end, way to get everyone sacrificed for no fucking reason, Bran.

Even worse, the whole scene was pretty much muh strong women fighting off the stupid ice men while mr ice lord himself who so wants to kill Bran for whatever reason just casually strolls ot the cave, stands there stupidly, and is generally taking his time.

And Theon "manned up" and gave away his lordship to his feminist sister who'se so honourful and all that that they bailed when the real lord showed up, and now the real lord is out for petty revenge :^)

And with the eunuch, know we know who or what his little ravens are, lord of Light and all that. I assume some mockery at the Abrahamic religions where they all worship the same real entity through different means.

fuck, you really can't tell the difference between reality and fiction. constantly inserting some identity politics into shallow entertainment.
do you like feeling angry at meaningless, fictional things? did someone teach you this way of thinking?

You're message is widely discredited at this point.

well yeah, it's got you retard.

also

/thread

Sure the books are great if you enjoy dry pedantic overblown cliches and listening to some mook wax on about the scenery for eight years.
But I'm willing to bet you wouldn't give two shits about defending Tolkein if not for GRRM and his current popularity.
A Song of Ice and fire books have plenty of flaws, sure, but I would still take them over Borekein any day of the week.
And no, Ursula Le Guin is for fat pagan chicks.

I mean if you really wanted to shit on GRRM for being too popular right now you should be a real hipster about it, not suck the cock of the most popular fantasy writer that ever lived.
Like come at me with some Lawrence Watt-Evans or some shit, some obscure fuck.

You're welcome to leave, and you can take the 51 fucks I don't give with you, though sadly more than half of them will fall flat.

kill yourself

Not even close to as many.
Of course it has it's flaws though.
As far as world crafting and driving the story goes though, GRRM is worlds above Tolkein, you're just too sour to admit it because you're tired of your friends and family yapping about each new GoT episode every week, and that it keeps filling up your precious Holla Forums board.
I won't blame you for that though.

Oh by the way, thanks for admitting that LotR is full of cliches and cookie cutter bullshit.
Stay mad.

wew lad
did you just blow in from reddit?

Adding in an x d face and excessive lols sure makes me look like an asshole.

Go read lord of the rings again, and this time it's not for some grade school reading assignment.
Let me know how it goes for you.

Friend, even on westeros.org people say LOTR is better than ASOIAF. Because it objectively is.

Who fucking cares what they have to say?

Said everyone who couldn't explain their point of view ever.

I never even said GRRM was that good mind you, I just said I would rather read his books than slog through lord of the rings again.(excluding the last two ice and fire books maybe)
The "worlds above" comment was mostly hyperbole on my part, but only just mostly.

Use your brain. It's a gathering of ASOIAF fanboys. You'd expect in that environment they'd almost all favor his works over Tolkien's. But they don't.

I'll spare you the autism of an explanation you don't give a damn about.

So who is a good world builder if not Tolkien or GRRM?

Because they're cucked. They probably think that saying anybody is better than Tolkien is tantamount to sacrilege, especially if Martin himself says he's not as good.

I'm not the guy you've been arguing with but, based on my own reading of The Hobbit, I would have to conclude that Tolkien is, in the very least, highly overrated.

What were you expecting of a book for children?

Something fun to read like most other books for children I've read.

I'll allow there's some of that, but I think this isn't entirely the case.

I think an important thing to remember is everybody has been kind of building on his stuff for decades. Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, etc are all derived from his works(their modern variants) and largely all subscribe to his rulebook.

Even GRRM is working in his garden and reacting to it, doing his interpretations of Aragorn or Frodo.

Animorphs was for children and that shit kicked ass.

Are you even real?

Pretty good credentials for reviewers of the literary arts there chief.

Oh no, could it be they are fans of both?
And that many people fawn over LOTR and considers it a bible of fantasy?
Next you'll be telling me how popularity proves your point.
I'll get back to you when Adam sandler stop making a profit on his films.

I guess it's just much easier to cite the unbiased source of a fanboy forum as evidence to that "objectively" true statement.

I actually think GRRM IS a decent world builder.
His pacing could just use work, and he needs to cut a lot of fat in his dialog at times.
The Tolkien universe isn't bad either, but having a good world and being a good world builder are two different things.
Like I said it's a slog just to get to the point with Tolkien.

Yes, keep giving Tolkien credit for reading books on mythology and reskinning jews into dwarves.

And every sci fi books is ripping off Heinlein, we get it.

Pick one faggot.

Could you slow down?
I can't carry all these extra words you're putting in my mouth.

What's nonsensical about it?

Bran Muffin timetraveled via a tree man and made preHodor have a seizure.

Seems perfectly understandable to me.

Why is every avatar fag a retard? Is it that you have the pictures and want to use them, so you just spit out contrarian nonsense?

Pls end life.

Bran memed his friend's death to the point of making him retarded all his life, and then killed his friend so that he could get a twenty minute head start on some frozen ice zombies who were only chasing him because he was retarded enough to stand too close to their king during one of his weirwood acid trips.

To be fair, it was a shit movie. Like most things Kevin Smith's come up with,

Not my fault you're a failure.

It's the only reason I'm doing it though and it's secluded to this thread.
Just don't want my shitty opinion being mistaken for someone elses.
I find it funny though that most of the responses I've gotten are non answers, non rebuttals, or just "durrrrr, he stupid cuz he dummm".
And of all things, being accused of being a contrarian by people ragging on GRRM solely because of all the floods of threads of people gushing over his films.
You could easily be in my shoes if the roles were reversed.

Still waiting on an explanation of how Tolkien is objectively the hottest shit on the market though.
I'm all for discussing opinions, but even some of you have to agree that
Is the most sperglord thing uttered in this thread so far.

They're oddly charming in a pedestrian pseudo intellectual sort of way.
Like a 90's teen drama, but with cursing and blowjob jokes.

Even though it fits I now I feel like an ass bag for using the term pedestrian to describe something.

His films are inoffensive. His comic books, on the other hand…it's a good thing he's too bloody lazy to write more.

Love watching reddipol get triggered as fuck. It's the only reason I come here any more.

Personally I think the most enjoyable thing he does is just shoot the shit.
I like hearing him talk more than I like his work.
Kind of like Max Landis, whose movie ideas are about 100 times better than his actual movies.

Though, the Clerks Cartoon can be fun for a first time viewing.
VERY neutral.
You wont be excited, but you also wont want to kill yourself.

I would have to agree

Yeah but does he really need 7 podcasts a week?

What are you some kinda communist fuck?

đŸ˜‚

Are you kidding me? I liked the guy until I started finding clips of him whining on youtube. Whining about every little fucking thing. Whining about every actor he's worked with. Whining about everyone he's attempted to make a business deal with.

And he has the absolute worst, cringiest beta opinions on everything.

Cisbusters: "I think they're very talented, funny ladies and it should be good. I mean why can't the ladies have our stuff, man? What you people don't get is that these things are defined by reinterpretation, man!"
Black James Bond: "I think that'd be awesome, man! You know at one point Chris Rock was gonna be Jimmy Olson and I though that was awesome too, man!"

F4ntastic, Man of Steel, Superman Returns, this fat faggot can't keep himself from juggling the balls of everyone in Hollywood in his mouth in a desperate bid to get another movie made. Fuck him, lord knows his rectangle-faced wife won't.

Seriously, Why are you bothering to bother?

I like you. What good books do you recommend good sir?

Do you seriously have nothing else happening in your life? You truly find repeating the same shitposts over and over that entertaining? Pathetic.

Probably just an attempt to see what I'm into so it can be torn down.
Only difference is I don't wave around my favorite books like they are scripture.
My tastes are probably just as bad as anyone else.

But if you want to go waste your life you could try to get through the Sword of Truth series.

come on son

Just for quick comparison:

That's way too longwinded.

Well, they ran out of books, so even while GRRM told them how it ended, I suppose there will be lots of shit they had to make up on the fly.

Sage for thread out of containment zone

Come here in my arms, bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHhoVif_dbM

he was so innocent, his life stolen from him just to be a tool ;_;

You mean by sales, or will your hipster beard burst into flame with the implication that popularity means quality?

Like I said, Tolkien created modern fantasy, but you launched into some nonsense about how 'Heinlenn' created SF (which is fucking retarded) and avatar fagged until you gave it up out of embarrassment.

It's incredibly simple, I don't understand why some of you autists don't get it.

The difference is that LoTR and associated books were about the languages, but GoT is just about the sex and the fucking food.
Pages of food descriptions.
GRRM is a fat fuck.

Absolutely disgusting.

GRRM write about cultures. Food is a very large part of culture.

Cardinal writer's rule when asking the reader for suspension of disbelief is that you can ask people to believe the impossible (superman can fly; fantasy world where everyone speaks modern english) but you can't ask them to believe the improbable (our hero guessing the combination to a lock on the first try).

GRRM pulled the "hold the door" gimmick out of his ass. He already established that Hodor's name is Walder and that he's a retard that can't even get his own name right. So, now we're supposed to believe that it's just a coincidence and he's actually saying "hold the door"? Coincidences are cheating.

D&D actually fixed it (a rare show improvement) by naming him Wyllis.

Everyone sits here and acts like all the pages of food aren't succulent.

You're gonna have to explain that some more.

The implication I got from the book is that nobody thinks he is trying to say his name, they know he's saying a made-up word.

But I think in the books they believe a horse kicked him.

Now this is something I do like.

No, fuck them for that