Tvtropes remains an excellent place of media debate

Really.

Other urls found in this thread:

allthetropes.orain.org/
allthetropes.org/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when you decided to post this, where did you think it would lead? what did you expect to get out of this thread?

Libel community of autists turns out to be full of stupid people. More at 11.

Go to allthetropes

The irony

in case anyone is thinking that this is just one person, I'd like to remind you that Fighteer, the head of the moderation team there, has said that people who disagree with SJWs about anything do not deserve to live

Why would anyone think that? Everyone with common sense knows that TVTropes is a pozzed mass of autism and has been for quite a long time.

It's nothing new that tvtropes is a SJW shithole. It attracts just the right crowd.

You have the autistic betacucks that do all the hard work (for free!) that makes the site popular in some faint hope a woman (or "woman") on the internet will show them a shred of attention.

And on the other end you have the leftists using them like their Jewish masters use the goyim, while ensuring that each entry properly shills the ideology and no wrongthink goes on.

Friendly reminder that the owner of Tvtropes is also a pro-Muslim, pro-SJW pedophile.

A few years back it wasn't like that. It's amusing to see how far it's fallen. Ever since they started restricting registration a-la NeoFag they've had a massive drop in users and activity too. Even the Libcucks are getting tired of how Libcucky it is and anyone interested in learning about media tropes is driven away by the psychopathic SJW pushers and/or the Great Wall of China you've got to climb just to register now.

funnily enough, there used to be a thread on the off-topic forums called "jewish tropers report" or something similar, and most of the really crazy SJWs were in there talking about how jewish they are

Leftist entryism. It's a known and well documented phenomenon.

That's what usually happens to communities taken over by Marxists. rpg.net went from the central autism hub to a moribund cesspit that all content creators left (because leftists kept shitting on them) and where the moderation and select users have a hidden subforum they used to discuss white male castration.

Ditto for Something Awful.

Wait, what did they do? Do they have you write an essay on the glory of Marxism or something?

Oy vey. Just a coincidence, goyim.

you'll never be a bigger cuck than rpgnet

Don't they have a clause that forbids you from arguing/disagreeing with a woman?

no idea but I do know that tvtropes bans users for disagreeing with sarkeesian or quinn

Oh God, their rule and guideline section is a goldmine.

the only good thing is that unlike say in 2014-2015 this is no longer applauded or considered good. even lefties are calling people like those at rpgnet or tvtropes fucking retarded. they have no real pull and exist just to be laughed at

Yet Marvel pulled another Heimdallr to the applause and adoration of all.

I don't share any sort of hope that this is going away anytime soon, and even if it does the damage is already done.

it won't go away until the nukes start flying

purge

What's the activity like there? Faster than this place?

It's funny how because the social justice warrior crowd got laughed at so long and hard that they started adopting the criticism they were receiving as things to project onto others.

Like saying "reals before feels". They don't know how to actually use these phrases appropriately, but that they use them in any form still shows just how affected they've been by them.

Their old arguments have been openly ridiculed by other SJWs so they've had to start changing things up if only slightly.

That doesn't really answer my question. How many users are we talking?

Go over there and look at when the last post in each section was. It's a ghost town.

There should be a law where idiots who sling accusations of rape around like this are required to get mouthfucked until their throat bleeds.

We call that "Cracked Downturn".

Sadly, it's irreversible.

social justice cretins are actually trying to mock people now by insinuating that anyone who doesn't agree with them is "getting triggered". projection and mudslinging at its finest.

Yet apparently "triggered" itself is a triggering word yet they have problem throwing it around when it comes time to mock muh ebul conservatives.

>post yfw that Cracked has had the lowest search trends since December 2007

this seems weird because I remember every faggot on planet Earth linking that shit back in 07 and 08 but being dead as fuck during what this graph considers it's heyday.

Sorry, my smile is too smug to captured on camera.

That was when they went full normie-pandering. The quality wasn't as good, but you occasionally found a decent article if you only went to the site once a week/fortnight.

But then, for whatever reason, they decided to go full SJW.

It was always a click-baity site aimed at normies, difference is it had some quality SOME which is much more than the average normalfag site

My theory is that they went full-sjw because they couldn't even keep that minimum of quality up

Every shithead who peaked years ago is going sjw in a desperate attempt to be relevant again, from that fat faggot tim schafer to that cuck who played the gay kid in the startrek series

Wheaton's always been SJW

So it was cancer and became cancer?

more like cancer to aids.

If you're reading it, it's for you.

spot the normalfags fresh from soshul media.

It used to be "just input a name and a password and it makes a cookie"
Now it asks for email, uses recaptcha, and -probably, I haven't passed the first screen- after that it asks for a post or something, but I didn't bother to try re-registering.
Even if it doesn't ask you to confirm you aren't a meenie weenie, the mail one was a shit decision. It's amazing how a site can go from the sensible choice to the absolute shit tier decision when they had a perfectly good reason not to ask for an email. There was no need to change it, other than to drive away people they disagreed with. It's shit, shit shit and it fucking angers me because it's in every fucking website. The had it right the first time and they ruined it, completely.
It's amazing we still don't need a government ID to fucking register at anything yet with these cucks.
And it will end up driving people away. I kept coming to chans just because of the non-registering clause. I'm going to waste my time anyways, and it's good for you if I waste the time on your site, so don't stop me from doing that.

Yeah. At some point they had an article along the lines of "what to do with a retarded child", where the guy refered to the potato as "genetic mistake" and other little pearls. It was fun.
They added a disclaimer at the top some time after.

Email-wise Tvtropes also requires you to use a business or school email to register.

That's sounds interesting. Anyone have any info on that?

Being anonymous is evil, goy. After all, if you can't be tracked how will you purchase all sorts of useless shit on the lovely modern internet?
Don't forget to sign in to absolutely everything, using your real name, of course! Praise google!

its the usual false rape claim kind of thing. that or a PR stunt considering he immediately released a video denying the allegations without a lawyer present.

Tobuscus is a rapist?

TV Tropes used to be good.

It went to shit when goons/sjw/marxists/feminists went on a censorship crusade because the articles about rape were "creepy" and "triggering".

see the post above you

It went to shit before that. It had this sweet spot between the period when they finally stopped being a Buffy fan forum and went to being a trope collector.

It all ended when they pulled up the stupid as shit belief that the website needs to be accessible to everyone, and thus they killed every in joke, took out the troper tales (which were cancer but eh) because they might offend someone, renamed MANY tropes because they referenced older literature/other languages/in jokes/specific obscure media and they were thinking of the lowest common denominator here. Basically they aimed just short of Babies who don't understand language.

TV Tropes was always shit. It's just a bunch of fucking lists.

I thought you were serious for a second.

Moral of the story is to never let your community tolerate leftists, not even when some smug, fence sitting shit starts screaming about "freedom of speech". Chase the leftists out like everyone chases the Jews out.

Why wouldn't I be serious? It is just a bunch of goddamn lists, that is its one and only purpose, to categorise shit into neat little lists.

I'm going to assume a few things here
1:) You've never in your life heard of TVtropes until this thread
2:) You're literally retarded
3:) Point 2 times a hundred.

Exactly, TVTropes is for of autists think they can write a good story by grinding everything down to a formula taking and taking X, Y and Z ingrediants and poof there's the keys to a good story.
Its not too bad if you don't take it seriously and just check out some neat things about a film/game/tv series/whatever you just finished but if you use it for writing tips then you're reatrded

I, in turn, am going to assume a few things about you here

1) You've never heard of or been to TV Tropes before this thread
2) You're autistic
3) Point 2 x ∞

Back to your autism concentration camp.

Actually, this has been a common understanding of language since at least the 1800s if earlier. It also doesn't claim to make anyone better, it's for literary understanding.

Maybe if you actually paid attention in high school english you would know how basically everything in the media can be broken down into elements.

You're right, but that doesn't mean TV Trope is a good site not filled with autists

There's breaking shit down into elements and there's what TV Tropes does. Every fucking thing is a trope. Characters did a thing? That's a trope. Characters didn't do a thing? That's a trope. Characters said they were going to do a thing but didn't do it? That's a fucking subverted trope. Characters started to do a thing but then did the opposite thing? That's a fucking inverted trope.

Even if the community wasn't shit and the site wasn't swamped by political correctness and social justice, the wiki is a bloated corpse with no sense of quality control and is actually rather poor for its purported aim of helping people to analyse media. It really is no surprise that TV Tropes has given rise to people like Anita, with their vapid, surface level criticism.

And you sound like a retarded tryhard.

TVtropes was never a bastion of alphaness, but it was a nice, decent community at one point that had an interest in deconstructing literature, movies and TV, comics and video games, now it's a cesspit.

You fucking faggots always come in and aim straight for the most tryhard response by claiming it was ALWAYS shit. This is of course incredibly counter productive and ignores the central issue that the community went from an autistic niche in the internet to an SJW cesspit.

You're why Holla Forums is shit.

Dat generalization.

This makes me think you weren't on it in it's golden age just before it got popular. It makes me think you're incredibly new and only experienced it in it's SJW infested form. And your previous point reinforces this.

It was a community of beta enablers and bottom feeders, and what happened to it is what happens to every community full of thirsty betacucks.

No, it's whiny cunts like you. Fuck off with your apologism. White knighting for an autistic website is about the most pathetic thing I've seen all week.

The lack of self awareness in your post amazes me.

The amount of denial and desperation in your posts amazes me

Autism is a terrible condition.

explain please

Says the guy that:

I'm not the one in denial here, user. You're just a huge hypocrite with a superiority complex.

(likely false) rumors that kicked the "stop youtube drama" movement into overdrive. Basically small to medium-sized youtubers have started realizing that they can get a ton of views and subs very easily by making people get pissed at bigger channels. Usually it's just stuff like "X emotionally abused me", or "X stole something from Y", or "X lied about Y". As far as I know this is the first time someone's made rape accusations.

They made Valkyrie, who is Thor's new love interest, a black girl.

If you hate it so much here, why do you come here? Why don't you go back to TV Tropes and taking pozz loads in your face?

this pisses me off so much, they victimize themselves all the time

Because I haven't been to TVtropes in over 6 years now, user. And I don't hate it here, however YOU hate it here since Holla Forums is literally what you described tvtropes as being.

INB4 more deflection.

Yet here we are, not giving a fuck that someone is a cunt, unlike TVTropes and other cucked shitholes.

Thirsty betas such as yourself are a blight on any community, because you will do and say anything, debase yourself to any level, just to get female attention.

not gonna lie here. i had a friend who basically went to this website every fucking day and read ALL of the articles

guess what happened. go ahead, I'll give you a second

he decided to read an old feminist book from like the 60s or the 40s or something and was convinced that you can't be NOT sexist without being a feminist. he's like 5'6" and has the greasy hair and facial hair of a beta male. he even managed to convert a 90 lb even more pathetic beta who was actually part of a stem field because they're both gullible. few months later he tried to convince me that pedophelia is acceptable and the same as homosexuality, so i dumped him like a bad habit. later i found out he tried contacting me by banging on my door and shit and trying to talk to my neighbors

Wut.

Don't mistake his behavior as anything but his wish to fuck a feminist. Not that anyone sane can decipher why they want to fuck legbeards so bad, especially when the legbeards only get moist when looking at Chad Thundercock.

Point being, once you wade too deep in Marxist shit you can never get back. They will destroy whatever social support structure you have and force you to burn all your bridges, so you can only depend on them and be surrounded by their hugbox. They operate like a cult, they prey on the weak willed and weak minded (betacucks).

I can't believe somebody would be desperate enough to white knight TV Tropes of all places.

gayder go fuck yourself, TV tropes became furrie and kidde central, might as well go to KYM to learn about series.

he's obvioustrolling at this point

ah I forgot the pleasures of watching the other guy be a schizo.

and wrong.

Huh, I basically did the same thing he did and landed on the opposite side of the spectrum, as did a friend I still keep in touch with.

I first noticed Cracked was starting to decline in quality in late 2012. They had a yearly end-of-year thing called the "Top 64", where they would write 8 articles about 8 different types of media, for the 8 best instances of whatever that media is. One of the articles in question concerned the topic of video games, and about HALF of the entries were from authors who outright stated at the beginning of their sections that they haven't played video games for half a decade/a whole decade.

I really should've stopped there, but I was too young and naive to notice the warning signs.

Things continued to get worse in 2013. Groupthink began to permeate the comment sections. If you didn't like ChristinaH's shitty articles, you were a sexist. If you didn't want to fuck a tranny, you were a sexist. If you didn't want the Redskins to change their name, you were a racist. I never created an account though so I never bothered voicing my opinion, but this was largely what represented the foundations of the echo chamber that Cracked willingly turned itself into during that period of time.

Another important thing to note was due to the declining number of authors in that timeframe, a female user named AuntieMeme had Photoplasties (Cracked's version of SA's Photoshop Phriday) entirely reserved for her. Even though she was the only entrant, she was still given the prize winner's money of ($10?) ($50?) for every competition she "won". I'm pretty fucking sure that counts as employment, except by creating fake competitions where one person is guaranteed to win 100% of the time, the boss doesn't have to pay the employee minimum wage for working under this shady af method.

By Summer 2014, the frontpage looked pretty much like the screenshot in , which even though is only half-true as the articles were compiled over a few weeks' worth, it was clear the audience I represented was no longer wanted. In addition, the forum was even worse. If you go on ED where the rest of the screencaps I and a few other anons took are archived, you can get an idea of the extreme-left cesspit it had turned into over that point of time. By September, everyone had left. The comment section for the first Gamergate article was actually largely in disagreement with the author, but by the second one all of those users had been purged. Thus you end up with a freefall in trends as everyone of importance left, like rats on a sinking ship.

There's a difference between continuing to enjoy a huge, everlasting bowl of M&M's with the vague threat that one or two individual Ms may be laced with cyanide, and knowing that most of the bowl will kill you if you so much take a whiff of it. Of course the smart person would heed the warning right off the bat but why waste perfectly good M&Ms if there's such a small chance of suffering the consequences?

I haven't visited Cracked in over 18 months now, and I feel so much better for it. I'm glad I came to my senses in the end because I'd dread to imagine the pathetic beta Commiecunt SJW I'd've turned myself into if I hadn't. I'm not entirely done with the site though, as I do plan to organize a raid later in the year hinging on the condition that Trump somehow wins the election, as no doubt they've created dozens of attack articles already and nothing would trigger them more. Also, Rules 1 and 2. (see screenshot)

I still have the bad habit of visiting TV Tropes whenever im really, really bored or want to find out about a spoiler i don't care about, but damn it is bad. And what's with the autists putting their usernames next to some opinions or observations? Then you read their own profiles and how they add Tropes to themselves, and it becomes both funny and worrying.

Something that really kills it for me is how they want to add their Tropes into their favorite series, like MLP for example. I never saw the cartoon, but is it really that full of character, narration and other traits? And even worse if they mention a grope, but say how it's subverted or avoided, so what's the goddamn point then.

I remember this fag. He was one of those "my great-grandfather's best friend's cousin's pet pangolin was Irish so I am too" types, only he kept trying to speak for everyone in Ireland whenever he brought it up.

I'm pretty sure I recall him trying to justify the British's attempts to take over Ireland and criticising the Irish for trying to resist it.

wew

lmao, no wonder you only see self-loathing nu-males dating feminists.

i wouldn't really call their articles back then clickbait. if i remember correctly they generally wrote about what was in the title. they went full clickbait after they went SJW. however, that's to be expected since it's impossible to be logical and truthful when you're trying to represent the SJW outlook.

This is to much.
My sides have left this spacetime continuum.

The narcissism

not true, i also see them in too-tight capeshit shirts talking about trump.

let me explain why TVTropes used to be "good" you could look up stuff about stuff you liked and find often stuff that was similar. now that the SJWs have descended you had better hope the stuff you like isn't "problematic" because it all got purged.

I miss being able to look up porn via genres on there

I miss porn too.
They also purged loli related tropes.
And a couple days ago I just had to write "nigger" because they used "N-word priviledge" in "Precision F-Strike", yes they censored a word in a trope about uncensored words..

If you keep away from the forums and "YMMV" its still ggod to look up when movies are shit

To be fair, 8ch was created b4 GG.

But you won't get banned for that neither otherwise.

Cracked and college humor are like those 90's representations of cool kids, skateboard slung over the shoulder, backwards cap, pocket over flowing with pogs.

Then their goofy "please cum on my face" look washes away into a serious half frown and they tell you "hey fellow righteous dude, are you aware of how bad drugs can mess up your life? Want to pull up a beanbag chair and talk about it?".

Except in Cracked's case at least the "righteous" dude rips off his shirt to reveal a pair of saggy man tits with the phrase "STILL NOT ASKING FOR IT" written in period blood across his chest, as he raises his arms to reveal cousin it has been hiding under his arms, whilst he screams at you through a loud speaker "YOU'RE A WHITE MALE!".

Much better explanation than "It's a beta enabler webstie!" or "It JUST lists things!"

perfectly fine no immersion breaking here
But being asked to prove that the innkeeper is a whore? OY VEY IMMERSION RUINED YOU DIRTY SEXIST BIGOT

OY VEY SLUTSHAMING IS BAD IF A WOMAN WANTS TO FUCK EVERY MAN SHE SEES YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT AND APPROVE OF IT YOU FUCKING BIGOT

BUT MEN SLEEPING AROUND WITH WOMEN AND CHEATING ON THEM IS SO HORRIBLE

It's a beta enabler website that lists things.

How can one company be so shit at making games?

I mean, Bethesda trash is as inoffensive as it gets. What's really insulting about their games is how bad they are.

it's the streamlining. they CAN make good games, but they feel the need to take shit out that doesn't need to come out

it's why we lost so many skills between skyrim and oblivion. it's why we lost skills entirely in fallout

hell, i still love their older games. fallout 3 & oblivion are still great to me. it's their newer shit that I can't stand

There's also the fact that they intentionally name it "anime and manga" instead of "manga and anime" for the alphabetical order. There was somewhat of a shitfit sometime about that. It's full of autists.

A lot of Holla Forums faggots don't seem to like Oblivion, although I still do as well as the older TES games. New Vegas was objectively better than Fallout 3 though.

Nice fam.

Did you forget that TVTrope purged a shit ton of articles and information solely because of SJWs?

Tropers left to form allthetropes.orain.org/ as a result.

I am always amazed at just how successful the leftists are at usurping power in online communities.

I am too. Its fucking ridiculous how rare mods with sensible, right-leaning views are.
Moderators almost always turn out to be insufferably obnoxious left-wing faggots with massive amounts of unwarranted self-importance.

My guess is that hotpocketry attracts a certain type of person. I mean, there's not many people that would moderate a web community in their free time, for free.

These people are for the most part complete betas that use their newfound position of authority to exercise all the power fantasies they don't dare act upon IRL. Since they are beta cucks they are very susceptible to believing "female approval is female attraction", so when a legbeard honeypot starts whispering in his ear what a swell guy he is and that there might be some possibility of them hooking up in the future the cuck falls over himself to "show off", either by white knighting for her and wielding the banhammer on the userbase, or giving her a position on the mod team.

And since leftists are completely incestuous and always default to in-group preference (like the Jews that taught them everything), once one of them is in power, more will follow.

Eeeeyep.

This is why I stick with the group I formed in there all the way back in '10. None of that shit happens and we're free to write and game as we please.

Don't go into the Doctor Who/MCU threads unless you want to deal with tumblr's little sister. Actually, go for it. Trigger Wack'd while you're at it, little SJW bitch tried to say Daredevil should be redone as a buddhist.

Go for Unnoun too. She can rarely form her own arguments, just copypasting from tumblr/other blogs.

Stay within rules and regs, but make yourself impossible to refute properly.

Post results if you want

It isn't opening.

Also, what happened? I'm curious.

never played NV, but from what I heard it's basically the sequel fallout 3 deserved, especially compared to 4

i think it's mostly because it's usually the leftists who try to get in these communities long enough to get there wereas most of the right wingers are trying to get jobs

Probably because most people with right-wing views are out working for a fucking living.

Even if we wanted to go shit up Tvtropes now it's almost impossible to get in anonymously and quickly.

BTFO

around 2015 or so the boards got sold as far as I know. an islamophile pedo sjw took over and began purging anything related to gamergate, critical of sarkeesian/quinn/feminism/liberalism, and basically turned the site into a cultural marxist tropetopia.

allthetropes.org/wiki/Main_Page

Actually the first mass purge was done as a result of fandoms on the site wanting to circlejerk uninterrupted. The ones that came afterward were demanded by SJWs (mainly goons).

This

What? Caps please, I gotta see this mess.