Previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/77uwkt
imgur.com/a/VShlZ
vodlocker.com/9i3aavbew3ko
openload.co/f/nvimSvnAsBU
watchersonthewall.com/sophie-turner-suggests-sansa-try-women/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Next episode is the Kingsmoot. Who should be king?

poal.me/77uwkt

Why does it matter?

And shouldn't it be called Lordsmoot? Or are they still in rebellion?

People have resusitated clinically dead people before, and they often do in fact see no 'afterlife'.

So I'm not sure what's 'fedora' about that statement.

I barely know what you're talking about, but going off of Varamyr's description of when he died, Jon should at least have gone on a drug trip or something.

in b4
I don't fucking care, man. I don't give a shit about the godawful show canon, it's trash and they made everyone in the entire world retarded just so the plot works.

Jon could have said:

Instead, he said:

This is a stupid complaint. The show is definitely shit but there's nothing wrong with there not being an afterlife. If anything the fact you are bitching about shows how often people like you are catered to in the media.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's just religious cry babies pretending that they are being victimized by Game of Thrones. (Show is still trash, though)

Is there still hope for good political intrigue with CIA?

No, I agree with you on that, I'm talking about the guy making atheist fedora jokes at the other guy for talking about there being no afterlife in GoT if you're not a warg.

I seriously hope you guys don't think R'hllor is an actual god or something.

North of the Wall- Bran sees the White Walkers and the COTF in a vision, where his presence is sensed by the Night's King. Bran stays in the vision too long. In real life, he and his companions are then found and attacked by the White Walkers, and the Three Eyed Raven is killed. Hodor can also be killed in White Walkers attack of the cave, only Bran & Meera escape.

The Wall-
Everyone teams up to take back Winterfell. Jon & Sansa ride out towards Winterfell.
Accompanied by Brienne, Sansa meets Littlefinger in the North and confronts him for leaving her with Ramsay, she does not trust him now. Brienne is sent south on a mission by Sansa towards Riverrun. Sansa will stay in the north to rally the northern houses in the next few episodes.

Iron Isles -
Kingsmoot. Asha makes a claim, so does Euron.
Euron becomes King of the iron isles. He may mention the magic horn of dragons. Euron's plan is Queen Daenerys.
Theon/Asha go east to seek Daenerys.

Meereen-
Tyrion will meet a new red priestess Kinavra who will help him to set Meereen right. Varys will dislike her. Varys mentions Stannis losing because of Mel, The Red preistess knows personal details on Varys and this frightens him. This Red Priestess becomes Tyrion’s right hand and tries to get the city under control with him

Bravos-
Arya is given a new assignment by Jaqen, Arya watches a play , Arya is asked to kill an actress, i presume this actress will play the role of Sansa. Arya will decline this mission, retrieve Needle, with her escape from the cult & her final confrontation with the Waif occurring later on.

Dany Travels to meereen

Death - HODOR + BLOODRAVEN

NUDITY - SANSA STARK TOPLESS

When do we see her butthole?

Why are we seeing Sansa's tits?

So are you guys starting to believe my theory about the Others being a bioweapon created by the Children now?

Because you should.

imgur.com/a/VShlZ

Jon & Sansa ride out of Castle Black and Edd is left in command.
Sansa meets Littlefinger in the Molestown brothel.
Jon and Sansa & co talk about which northern houses are loyal to them.
Sansa sends Brienne to Riverrun to get their army to join her fight against Ramsey.

Dany sends Jorah away to look for a cure for greyscale.

Tyrion and Varys negotiate for aid with the Red Priestess Kinvara.

Asha/Yara makes her claim to be queen, she gets a reasonable support for her words, but then Theon is asked for his opinion because he's the "rightful male heir". Theon backs Yara and tells everyone she's their rightful queen even though she's a woman. But then Euron steps up and gets everyone to laugh at Theon for having no cock. Yara tries to accuse him of killing her father, but Euron admits to it freely and says he should have killed him earlier. Euron gives a speech about taking the 7 kingdoms by sailing to Meereen and giving Dany his fleet and marrying her. Euron is unanimously hailed king and drowned by Damphair according to the ritual . Meanwhile Yara escapes with Theon and a big part of the Iron fleet. Euron is seen to go looking for them with the intent of killing them, but when he realizes they've escaped he says it doesn't matter and he commands the ironborn to start building ships, every man and woman.

The Night's King and his army swarm the tree with Bloodraven and Bran and Meera make a last second escape.
Bran has a vision about walking amongst the undead army and the Night's King grabs his hand and "marks him" after which he wakes up. The group prepares to leave because Bloodraven tells them he'll be coming for Bran now.
Hodor is the way Hodor is because Bran wargs into him from his vision and forces him to hold the back door of a tunnel Bran and Meera are escaping through. (Bran wargs into the Hodor he's seeing as a kid in his vision). Meera keeps yelling at Hodor to "Hold the door! Hold the door!" and Hodor starts screaming it as a young man on the courtyard of Winterfell and the screams slowly turn into Hodor instead of "Hold the door". (All the while Bran still watches this happen in his vision.) Hodor is torn to shreds by the wights trying to burst through the door. This is the last scene in the episode.

Arya is shown too , she's on right in the beginning with a very long scene. First Arya trains with the waif and she kicks her ass and says she'll always be a lady. Then Jaqen comes and explains to her about the first faceless men being slaves from the mines of Valyria and that they killed their masters and fled and founded the city of Braavos. He gives Arya a vial of poison to use on her next target and tells her she won't get another chance. Then we watch a long scene of Arya looking at a play of the death of Robert Baratheon and the execution of Ned Stark . Arya is clearly affected by seeing her father die again. The person she needs to kill is one of the actresses Cersei. She seems like a decent person to Arya , we get a little backstage scene about the actors (there's some obligatory flashes of a cock and some Sansa tits here) and we then see Arya asking Jaqen about good people also getting the gift. Jaqen tells her servants don't ask questions.

I don't know what I expected.

This is actually interesting, though.

HOLY SHIT, SOMETHING COOL ON GOT?!?

What theory is that, again?

The Children created the Others from the First Men so that they would act as bioweapons in their war. The pact happened shortly after this, with the Children tricking the humans into believing their religion through falsely planted dreams and visions through the weirwood trees. The Others are back because they either went out of control or because humans haven't been following the pact.

Do you have any evidence to back that up beyond Martin's other work?
I like it, I'm just wondering if there's anything actually subtle I may have missed.
>tfw I've been reading my mom's books and she only has ADWD digitally

Why call it a bioweapon though? Just sounds like magic to me, bioweapon implies science fiction.

Probably because bioweapon sounds cooler.

Why would they send wights after Bran if they were working for the Children of the Forest?

Like I said, probably because they're out of control now and have sentience, but that wasn't the original intention.

There are subtextual hints.

Okay, so do you have any theories about who the Children of the Forest are? What their goals are? And what the Others were intended to do for them?

Wait a minute…
Wouldn't this parallel the Valyrian Freehold possibly breeding dragons into existence? Obviously, they haven't gotten out of control yet, but the potential is there.

If the long night and all the myths surrounding the Night's King are just lies made up by the COTF, that's going to be a huge fucking let down. Maybe that's why George is so slow on making progress with writing, he knows it's going to disappoint everyone so he's dragging it out as long as he can.

I don't see how you're interpreting this as "the long night was a lie". I just thought it meant the Others got out of control.

Phantasm suggested that the whole religion, the old gods, the weirwoods, is just shit made up by the COTF to control the Northerners. That's a letdown, and it's highly fedora friendly.

But that makes sense.
You didn't think gods were real in this setting, did you? I bet you think R'hllor is an actual deity, too.

Yeah, they're the native inhabitants of Westeros. The humans came and they destroyed nature, so the Children turned the humans into Others against them to force this baloney 'pact' which is really just an excuse to watch them through the weirwood trees forever lest they slip up. The religion of the Old Gods was also constructed to keep the Northmen pacified and warring amongst themselves with blood sacrifices and whatnot.

You've all gotten rused by a 70s hippy liberal. The moral of the story is not to take nature for granted and not to be a religious fanatic.

It would, definitely.

It's also incredibly heavy handed and political. Stannis is religious, he evil and stupid. High Sparrow is religious, he evil and stupid, Ned is religious, he evil and stupid by serving evil elves.

Shits fucking pretentious.

The only thing that's pretentious here is your completely retarded interpretation.

Stannis wasn't actually religious.

None of these people are evil and stupid, they're just misguided.

See: AFFC Jaime for someone that isn't misguided. Preston is right when he says Jaime has 'graduated' to GRRM's motto.

Not really, George may feel clever, but when he finishes the story, or when HBO does, people wont like it anymore. It's going to be quickly forgotten. If all this stuff about the COTF is true, and all the prophecies and all the religions and all the magic is bullshit, then this story didn't need over 7 novels, it didn't need this many seasons.

It could have just been a trilogy, better yet it could have been 1 book. This was just a massive waste of time. All this time, all these characters, just for a an /r/atheism post.

You seem critically butthurt about this theory, dude.

Wouldn't the Children basically be Jews in this case?
Actually, this series is redpilled as fuck if that's true.

The thing is, this is a common theme in the cultural ether now, but in Georgie's time it was new, and novel. It's classic 60s-70s hippy..

See: the film Wizards. Same message with more clear cut 'good vs evil' morals.

I don't think it's a theory, it does make sense. I'm not butthurt, I just feel stupid for not seeing this to begin with. I feel like I massively overestimated George's ideas for the story. Hell, if the whole thing was about global warming the series would have been better than this cynical circlejerk.

What makes me angry about this is that he chose to do a fantasy story with these themes. Fantasy is the wrong genre for this. This would be like writing a science fiction story saying that religion is great and that the scientific method and logic are gay as fuck. Fantasy has always been about myths, dreams, and faith. Apparently A Song of Ice and Fire is nothing more than art school deconstruction.

Props to Phantasm for being smarter than me.

PLEASE BE TRUE

We must be approaching this in totally different ways, because I'm not seeing anything cynical here.
Are you that guy that posts that GRRM isn't as good as Tolkien because his work lacks faith in Christ? Is that unironic?

No, I'm not even Christian. I'm not religious at all. I just recognize that fantasy is a genre about myths and the unknown. GRRM just pulled a massive fuck you to fantasy fans.

No wonder the show has felt so disappointing. This isn't D & D's fault, they've known what they've been making since the first season.

But there's still magic. Religion still exists. Myths are still around.
What the fuck are you bitching about?

You're a dipshit. This isn't a fantasy series, it's science fiction.

Whatever, whine some more.

All of the magic is trickery, that means it isn't magic.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that bringing the dead back to life and transplanting your consciousness were just tricks.
Silly me.

Science Fiction doesn't make something realistic, science fiction is a tone, and atmosphere. All of the magic in GOT, if this theory is true, is just highly advanced technology.

If there are no Gods, then there is no magic.

Why?

SUMMER IS KILLED IN EPISODE 5 TO SAVE BRAN

ALL CHILDREN OF FOREST DIE PROTECTING BRAN

BLOODRAVEN KILLED BECAUSE OF BRAN STUPIDITY

HODOR IS A RETARD DUE TO BRAN FUCKING UP

HODOR DIES BECAUSE OF BRAN MISTAKE

FUCK YOU BRAN

JAIME WAS RIGHT IN PUSHING YOU OUT OF THE WINDOW

Because if there aren't Gods who can manipulate the world, the universe, then the universe has set rules. The fact that Thoros and Melisandre both do the same thing to resurrect someone, the fact that all the dreams and visions are implemented by the COTF. This all suggests that there can be scientific ways to explain everything in this world, it's a fake world, it's fake science, but if there are rules without Gods, then it's not magic, it's just fake science.

I guess.
Really, if you can bring back the dead in a world where the biggest technological advance is a telescope, I don't care if it's magic or science.

That's the thing though, if this theory was true, then the telescope wouldn't be the most advanced technology. The others are, that's why Phantasm called them a bioweapon.

I don't care, nigger. Peddle your butthurt to someone else.

Then why are you here? Why are you discussing this show?

Go be aloof somewhere else, dipshit.

I think because the books have taken so long to come out that people were expecting something grander.

But it still works, I suppose, if you just assume magic instead of genetic engineering.

There could still be magic; it's just being employed in a very cynical way.

Not only the CotF implement dreams, but also certain people on the 'fire' side. Quaithe is a good example.

This goes back to the whole 'advanced science in sci fi is no different to magic' rule. They're a bioweapon in every sense of the word, and they're incredibly advanced, perhaps even sentient, but they're likely created through magic.

I care about the show, I just don't care that you're upset that the genre isn't what you thought it was because some guy on the internet called ice zombies "bioweapons". Get your head out of your ass.

I would probably have thought this was actually a cool story if it hadn't been dragged on so long. I like some of George's short stories. I guess that's what you get for wasting your time thinking about the prophecies and mysteries in the novels. Kind of funny actually. At least I'll get to enjoy watching everyone else rage at the end of the series.

You think Elio and Linda know about all this?

I take it back, "I care about the show" is a pretty strong term.
I like the books. The show's… a thing.

Blow me, pendejo.

Imagine it's a lolipop, you'll enjoy this.

wtf is this?

I think they know more than they let on, but not the ending.

WATCH IT HERE -

vodlocker.com/9i3aavbew3ko

Enjoy!

Sad ep.

Hodor :(

Thanks, nigga. This is one comfy night.

When she gets her diaper changed user :^)

just watched the leak and it's the same. The bullshit kingsmoot lol.

Another link-

openload.co/f/nvimSvnAsBU

Hope everyone likes the episode.

I think it was OK, not as good as ep 4 but still quite nice.

oh for fucks sake

it's D&D's version of asoiaf politics, get used to it. I bet he'll say

great, now the live thread is ruined

wtf is that shit? It's not a shocker anymore to be honest. And time travel? It's getting more bullshit. I doubt this part is a D&D fanfic.

Ftfy.

I love the fact that GRRM shit on Lost, even though his series is looking more and more like a Lost ripoff.

finished his magnum opus

the TV series will be canon.

it's noon in Hungary, m8

This was the first decent episode of the season. At least we got closure on Hold-The-Door.

Trump seems to stutter and stumble a lot in his speeches though

They still somehow think they are independent. These are are basically irrelevant in the show. I really don't understand why the rest of the kingdoms didn't wipe these fuckers out. All these guys do is rape and pillage. Their taxes must be mediocre as fuck since they don't produce shit. Is it just because 7 is a nicer number than 6? And why the fuck is CNN reporting this? Is real news not a thing anymore?

Speech written out tends to look like that, especially if the speech wasn't pre-written or if it was written to appear organic and on-the-spot.

I can't handle these conflicting emotions

This, it was fantastic
But most of all
The only weaker part was Kingsmoot, because Euron actor isn't that good for the role after all, and they stole the fleet to easily. Probably second best Ep this season.

100%, it's unbelievable what ruin Bran caused by connecting to treenet without administrator, dumb kid.

Perfectly confirmed, and while the bioweapon angle is interesting, it's hardly a new theory, isn't it? CotF creating, or at least being connected to WWs has been one of the most popular fan theories since I can remember, it was discussed in the first /got/ threads on halfchan years ago and people talked about it in ASOIAF/GoT nerd club I used to go to.
But with these new developments, another fan theory (I believed in) goes out of the window - Bran becomming The Great Other, or controlling the WWs in some way. It's hardly valid now after they killed Max von Sydow, Hodor and Summer.

It's almost respectable how GRRM put some of the worst writing he's ever done in the prologue of ADWD, like a warning for sensible people not to waste the time going further.

Please. Faggot fedoras are the MOST catered to group.

Why is she CONSTANTLY lewd?

is it really gay though, since he was a female wolf when getting fucked by male wolfs?

cocaine is a hell of a drug

I don't know if "gay" is the right word for it, but it certainly reads like some old man's perverted fetish.

No idea what you're talking about, she likes sweets.

That was a great episode.

The only thing I didn't like was Yara being a cucked and Victarion-esque instead of a reasonable isolationist. Making LF incompetent was an author's saving throw, at least. I'm glad the character got called out for it.

What the hell happened to Hodor? Did Bran break his mind whilst warged into him and into the past at the same time?

Where the hell will Meera and Bran go now? They're freezing in a blizzard. How will they survive?

I'm guessing we won't find out until next season. There has been no leaks about Bran being at either Castle Black or Winterfell.

There's no way Bran is going back to normal people. Not with the shit he's seen.

That nigga is making himself a new weirwood cave if that 'mark' isn't permanent.

Also, the reason why this episode was good was because they played to each character's strength and wheelhouses. No one acted that out of character except for Yara, slightly.

Agreed :) The CotF WW-creating druid-like ritual was disturbing and creepy as hell, and many strong scenes besides that.
I don't think he was warged in the present, Bran just tried to control him in the past, or implement the thought of holding the door. It was an evil act, because it ruined Willis' life for the next thirty years and condemned him to eventual brutal death.

von Sydow told him to become the next raven, so as you say, no way he's comming back after these events. His treenet addiction got Hodor, Summer, Three Eyed Raven and CotF killed.

Holy shit I think you're right.

That was goddamn evil, but a necessary kind.

Also they showed how Edd isn't actually LC, something /got/ Anons were complaining about, but there is no one else to lead.

At that point, it was. But none of that would have happened and Bran could learn a lot more if it wasn't for his retarded decision to surf the visions on his own.

So can Bran still not walk? How the fuck can Meera carry him anyplace?

This episode was basically Avatar; Bran abused his wondrous magickaltechnopowers because he hated being a cripple, and this cost him and everyone around him a shitload.

That was grouse. Dolorous Edd resignedly taking command was definitely what book Edd would do.

the first decent episode and also the first meaningful death scene in the season.

this. he looks like a fucking dudebro, absolute shit for the role.

So will we ever see him again? Will we see his cool adventures or is he just going to come back and say he cured himself?

Or will he die along the way.

I miss him already.

Pic hopefully not related.

I normally shit talk this show to no end. But there wasn't a single thing I hated in this episode. I have zero complaints. Loved the Jorah scene, loved the play and the actors (was really nice world building and atmosphere for Braavos), and that ending was amazing.

10/10 for sure.

tfw Bryan Cogman saves the season

Did Cogman write this one?

Well no wonder

Sounds like she's just nicely exiling him.

which begs the question, why the fuck did they recast the role? he had like 10 minutes of screentime.

Probably just so they can say they cast a famous actor. Pure Hollywood bullshit. I guess it can be explained away by the fact that Bran got a haircut too, so we can just pretend that's what the Raven looks like without a beard and long hair.

It's just 10 minutes of frowning and nothing else. D&D just loves to waste great actors.

She doesn't wanna see him dying fruitlessly and know he's a warrior, a doer. It's like those Northern Clansmen whose old men go out into the winter so they won't be useless mouths to feed.

Scuse me, I have something in my eye.

This is the Dany we should see more of. Not the crazy Walder Frey with teets last episode.

Famous does not equal great. He phoned this whole thing in big time. All he does is phone shit in.

He was a great Ming the Merciless.

But he's close to 90 years old now. It was a mistake to get him for this.

I don't mind his looks or him acting cocky and Chad-like, it is supposed to be part of his character. The actor (otherwise great in Scandinavian indie movies) just can't sell it. I liked his lines though.

What will Linda pick apart this week?

I'm gonna guess she's gonna have a stick up her arse about the Others reveal.

No idea, honestly. I suspect they won't dedicate much screentime to his solo adventures. Is there some other character he could bump into?

no, I think Bran warged him in the present but past Hodor noticed his presence which broke him. that, or they just switched up the chronology of the scenes for dramatic effect.

Euron, Theon or Yara.
Quaithe.
Sam or Marwyn in season 7

My guess is he heads to Oldtown to find a cure. Sam tells him his father's last wish.

He does it on purpose.

Take the Scott Adams pill.

Betcha he end up in Bravos

She liked Episode 4 which was the worst of the series. She's kind of a little bit retarded.

Have you ever seen any Bergman films, user? He doesn't care anymore, and he has no reason to. He voiced a vidya, that's all you need to know about his present disposition. GoT is probably in the same category for him, or he has a GoT watching grandchild who talked him into it.

Sadly that wasn't in the show. They cut it.

Could've happened offscreen.

Why didn't I think of this? It's happening.

When I saw Max Von Sydow isn't good, I mean he isn't currently good. I personally love The Seventh Seal, however, he currently is a shit actor and is only doing it for the money.

Casting him was a slap in the face to lesser known actors who could've done a much better job.

actually, no. this one was D&D. I guess they just got their shit together for one episode.

It says right in the opening credits that it was Bryan Cogman. Are you retarded?

Like I said, it's because the characters act like they should. No one passes around the idiot ball.

It doesn't matter who wrote it, that's why it was better.

I meant said, not saw.

that's my point. he looked like he was about to throw a frat party, not conquer the world. he's supposed to be one of the most dangerous men in the /got/ world but the guy has no charisma.

With what? Three Eyed Raven had like 7 lines, and that's counting
Other actor would have worn prosthetics, that's pretty much the only difference. Aemon actor is like 100 too (and blind on top of that) and he was great, but he had actual material to work with.

He should've borrowed about a thimble of Ramsay's Jokerness.

Max Von Sydow doesn't need to be in Game of Thrones, he's already famous, he already has a career. They could have used that role to boost another actor's career. Instead they gave to a famous old fart who was too much of a prima donna to even wear a wig and beard.

The Euron actor isn't bad at all. You guys realize he's supposed to look unnaturally young right? He's supposed to look uncanny.

Yeah, I got that :)

You're right, unfortunately. KIngsmoot was handled very well until he showed up (Alfie as Theon 10/10), but after that you could only concentrate on the Danish actor struggling with the role. The drowning scene was good because the focus wasn't on him.

I actually liked him, but he's a bit too macho, ironically.

Euron's meant to be a bit - as the weeaboos say - bishounen. He's meant to be a bit perverted and effete. He's not fully Jack Sparrow, but he's more down that road.

This is why I think Madds would actually be a bad choice to have played him.

it literally says written for TV by D&D.

For Jorah to Dany

she'd have to be, to have married this betato

Did we watch different credits? I need to take a screenshot.

For me, it's not the looks at all, we even talked about the casting back in September and were looking forward to him. Neither was he written badly, quite the contrary. It's just that his personal charisma is unsuitable for the character, you can almost tell the actor isn't like that in real life.
Just compare it to how Pedro sold the role as Oberyn.

I think they picked the actor for his likeness to Alfie Alan. I'm just glad he's an actor I've never seen in anything before.

Maybe you're right. It's a bit too early for me to judge. Hopefully he doesn't die this season. (tfw he probably will)

Euron kills Yara. Theon kills Euron. Now Theon is the King.

Whoo hoo

It wasn't? Shit, I thought I remembered the scene.

Funny how the book and show get crossed like that.

I know that was a leak, and all the other leaks came true, but still…how do Yara and Theon go all the way to Essos, then come back to kill Euron within the same season?

Also why even introduce the character if he dies the same season without having changed much at all?

It's D&D, It doesn't have to make sense. All they care about is moving the story along.

this is what I saw

Guess I'm the retard.

(Checked)

This, underrated part of Ep5

The actor was decent, but I think overrated.

Am I the only person who disliked Oberyn?

This episode certainly restored my faith in them. If they kill Tormund this season I'll be as happy as a clam.

I despised him in the books. In the show I just found him annoying. I think I may be one of the few people who believe that he deserved to get killed by the Mountain.

No you are not the only one. I didn't much care the character both in the book and the tv show.

Why do you want Tormoond dead?

He took part in the raid on Olly's farm and reddit loves him. I can't stand the actor either. (Loved book Tormund, though.

Good reasons. He is a bit inconsistent in the show, they try to grimdark him a lot more.

nah, I think your brain was just playing tricks on you. I mean
it was the logical conclusion.

why? one decent episode doesn't undo all the atrocious shit they pulled before.

I liked him because he brought some variety and his death was one of the highlights of both the books and the show.

Oberyn as character aside I enjoyed his short presence in KL, Pedro was very convincing in all nuances. You could believe him the bisexuality, the cockiness and flamboyancy, but also the underlying hunger for revenge. He completely overshadowed Dinklage in the jail scene where he says he will fight for him.

I'm not denying that Pedro was great. I think he captured the douchyness of Oberyn perfectly.

Guys, could you rate me? I'm going on a date with a girl who looks like Sansa tonight.

Only Ep3 was weak in my opinion, and Ep1 certainly wasn't season-opening material, but not bad either. What was wrong with Ep2 or Ep4, besides the S1 finale rehashing climax?

chinese sweatshop/10

7.5/10, good choice of glasses, they suit your face :)
You should work out though, looking too skinny

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

by the only non-shit episode I meant Ep2.

it's not the fact that they rehashed it, but the whole Dany subplot was a new low. also the rest of the episode was boring as fuck and had a lot of character inconsistencies.

Episode 4 was awful on every level. This episode was like a reverse of that. Really weird how this show fluctuates in quality.

Agreed. Episode 4 has characters acting either way out of character or over the top.

In this episode, the characterisation was near perfect.

tripfags get out

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I liked it overall except for the Salsa-CIA confrontation. I could deal with the way they played out show LF's scheme. in fact, their confrontation could've been a great moment for their changing power dynamic if they had it 1-on-1. but no, they had to have Brienne there butting in with the death stare and the mmhmm shit. they had to turn it into muh rape and I could rek you. instead of Salsa's redpill vindication they turned it into a feminist emasculation power fantasy. god I fucking hate show Brienne.

That Hodor stuff was fucking stupid but I still got a bit emotional

Call me a sentimental faggot, but I liked Jon and Sansa meeting up. I like consolidation of storylines.

Even with all the tumblr nonsense, the show has a structural problem which makes it suck, and that's the split plotlines. Each plotline has maybe forty minutes of forward progress in a season because characters are all split up.

Season one was tight because there were two or three separate locations at a max in an episode. Now there are about seven or eight.

That's because of people like you that God left the human race.

Not gonna lie when I read about the what happens to him in this episode, I thought it was retarded. Then I watched it and I cried ;_; I am such a faggot.

Totally wasn't expecting this. Nope.

Not via prayer after being braindead for days, genius. It was a fedora moment from fatso and Kike&Kike, pure and simple.

why does it trigger you though?

like clockwork

so episode 5 is out early?

no seriously, everyone knows it was silly to combine magic resurrection with "there's nothing there lul" and it's obviously another example of D&D choosing to be edgy over making sense. I'm asking why you /christian/ autists are so assmad about it though.

They're not, though. The only butthurt has come from the fedoras.

no. why do you ask?

nice strawman

See? There's the classic fedora butthurt again.

Grow some thicker skin, autists.

yes, see

surprise surprise, the fedora's a gamergater.

who said I was either of those things?

That's some pretty good cinematography there.

stay mad

yeah

pretty good for a first year film student, sure

Needless to day I was very disappointed.

you go girl

and here I thought Maisiefags were cancer. man, was I wrong

remember when these threads were about GoT?

me neither

Does Hodor have the most fucked up arc of all characters in ASOIAF?

Not even Theons arc is this miserable

Did that elf just pull out a thermal detonator to sacrifice herself?

That depends. If Aerys was driven mad by Bran, then Aerys might overtake him.

I actually like that pottery if it happens.

I thought they were meeting of cult dedicated to worshipping a british bridge troll

Man its gonna suck if they make it all about Bran and time travel because of this

The way I see it this is a lesson for Bran, and he will be so traumatized he wont try to alter the past again

Had an odd dream last night of a GoT episode:

What the FUCK

Aw, don't sell yourself short, fedora.

New thread
New thread

New thread

New thread

What are you doing?

New episode has already leaked. So a new thread for discussion of a new episode.

It leaked 8 hours ago, we're discussing it here and this thread still has 80 replies to go. BO is supportive of /got/, but we don't want to upset him by making making new generals before reaching bump limit.

Praise D&D

While I agree, I don't you think you're going to fit in here, haha
How do you rate it compared to other seasons so far?
I'd say it shares 3rd spot with S3, but it has potential to be better than S3 by the time we reach finale

We'll go to this thread after this one has 300 replies, okay?

She goes FUK YOU I DON'T NEED YOU I WILL DO IT ALL MYSELF
Seriously bitch, the man is lord of the veil, he has an army and a lot of influence while you only have some fucking wildlings.

Also cia acting was complete shit, it's like he didn't even try.

Just when you think Sophie can't get any lewder
SHE WANTS SANSA TO GO LESBO WITH ARYA
watchersonthewall.com/sophie-turner-suggests-sansa-try-women/
:o

Did he ever try?

Those are some high quality breasts, not snek-tier, but 8/10 at least.

Its difficult to compare to them since I've been a bookreader this whole time and getting something completely new is a new feel

I'd say its easily better than season 5, possibly better than 2 and 3, I still think 1 and 4 are the best seasons

Also since Braavos scenes didn't suck this time, I included a Maisie in my post 4u

Before it felt like he was making fun of the show, now it feels like he came to a school play he didn't want to be in and wants out.

Hodor = hold the door.
Sad 5ever

And you're right about that, so here's a /lesbo/ Mophie right back at you :) Do you think there will be more scenes of the acting troupe? Because they were fantastic.

If it weren't for his immortal CIA status, /got/ would be furious.

Thanks for the HD, user.

Shame her tits are so shit, or I'd probably like smirkfu a lot more.

Wait, is the episode actually watchable?
If I considered dropping the show after last week's bullshit, will this one be actually mediocre?

Jesus fucking christ this plotline is ridiculous. Also kingsmoot was 3 people just as predicted

Sadly no, because the plot doesn't demand it

My problem with Aryas arc is that since GRRM removed the time skip its obvious that she cannot become fully faceless in the time span the books/show deal with, its only a matter of time until she flees and everything else feels secondary

Its a shame because Arya used to be one of my favorites but her story has really been dragged down by this Braavos nonsense, it screams of "worldbuilding with nothing happening" like the last 2 books

Same here, now everytime I see her (and she can make some nice naughty faces) those horrible breasts come to mind. Why did she agree on going topless with such a badly shaped chest? Or better yet, why didn't D&D make up som excuse for not doing the nude scene after they saw those pancakes? Surely the shooting day wasn't the first time they saw them?

It's a legit 9/10 user

Can I get a rating from someone who doesn't eat shit?

The inconsistencies don't even bother me

What bothers me is that the actual character/actor feels more like Victarion than Euron, he has none of those mystical and threatening qualities of Euron, hes just a regular dude and a brute

Maybe D&D heard the complaints about cutting Victarion and decided to combine the two? Either way I'm way more interested in what what Yara and Theon do than Euron

Positives:
Hodor dies and becomes retarded.
Nights King!

Negatives:
New rhlorr priestess is bland
Euron is cucking the iron islands to Dany
Arya is in it

Wait a second, isn't she going to kill the actress? I've seen some low quality embed of the leak with horrible audio and didn't hear some parts. Would they cast RIchard E. Grant for just 90 seconds?
Sadly, agreed. As much as I enjoy every Maisie scene, it's material for one season at best.

So Hodor died holding the line? Was Hodor Imperial Guard all along?

Not sure what you expect here. This is a thread where people watch GoT repeatedly, discuss it extensively and what's worst, spend dozens of hours reading ASOIAF. But go ahead, "drop" the show, I bet it's the first time you did that :)

I just want a review from someone in these threads who isn't a shit-eating showfag. Preferably from someone with tastes similar to mine. Given how differently we view the show and the source material, we simply aren't going to enjoy it on the same level, and therefore your numbers are meaningless to me.
9/10 is a very, very high rating, and I wouldn't say there's been a single episode that good yet.
Where'd the tripfag go?

for some reason D&D really don't get the idea that massacring your noble house is counter-productive in a feudal society.

pssh, they'll be rolling out with that fleet in 3 episodes, you know it.

This is exactly the echo-chamber hivemind that we've been trying to prevent for months in /got/

Do you skip to the last chapter of a book before you read it and then proclaim its shit because it didn't surprise you?

The episode hasn't aired yet, nigger.
No, I'm not watching the leak and I don't think it counts. Piss off.

Are we ever going to get a reason for why CIA gave her to the Boltons in the first place?

It was a rash choice of reaction pic, no intent to be rude, sorry. You know, you can read back the thread to see what other Anons thought of the episode, instead of just comming here and proclaiming your opinions BEFORE watching the episode. Seriously user, you're being sillier than usual today.

You're still getting spoiled assuming you read the thread

What are your tastes? Someone who considers AFFC and ADWD good books? Autistic shit-eating bookfag?

If yes, then you wont enjoy the episode. If not, you might.

Because someone's gotta get raped by Ramsay, so D&D did the thing they usually do and just slap storylines together like Doctor Frankenstein.

You assume I give a shit about spoilers to this awful show.
Believe me when I say that is not the case, user.

You assume I give half a fuck about what you have to say.
I hate that I can tell exactly who you are. I hate that I can recognize you here. I hate you and everything you like and I sincerely hope you get cancer and drive your car off a bridge.

For some reason, /got/ has majority of such posters. Or at least a very vocal minority.

What about spoilers to your awful books?

Because thats what you are getting by watching this show

I came here to see if the episode's better than the trash I've been watching.
Then someone goes WOW IT'S A FANTASTIC EPISODE 9/10 GO WATCH IT NOW user! That's meaningless to me - it says absolutely nothing about the episode.
I assume this episode is going to be shit. I'd rather it not be, but I've been burned too much not to know better.
you're assuming I ever left here, too

but of course. it was a great episode that actually moved the plotlines forward. it had better characterization than previous episodes and wasn't full of boring filler. we even got some interesting new revelations. Sansa's confrontation with LF felt hamfisted and the kingsmoot was shit, most likely because Alfie Allen has more charisma playing a dickless broken kid than the guy they cast for Euron's role. I liked the direction, they even managed to do an emotional Dany scene which somewhat made up for last week's cancer. also the first non-shit death scene happened this episode. I rate it 7/10, -3 points for LF dialogue, kingsmoot and dick warts. obviously it's nowhere near as good as the books and I also suck cocks.

that about right?

I just don't understand why don't you read back the thread, user, there are about 130 posts by 5 different people dedicated to nothing but talking about the leaked episode, including all the great parts and some weaker elements. Do you want me to repeat everything for your convenience?

/got/ in a nuthsell :)

if I wanted to make an excuse for their shit writing, I'd say CIA underestimated Salsa. he manipulated her into choosing to marry Ramsay and probably thought he could ride in as a savior and Salsa wouldn't connect the dots. it still sounds kinda retarded but what can you do

Hey, thanks, buddy. I also suck cocks and think it's obviously nowhere near as good as the books.
Hopefully I'm surprised tonight!

>>>/got/ sucks so much ass. Nobody ever posts there.

On an entirely different note I'm really attracted to those elves,

The show's been resorting to that more and more as time goes on.

Why do you insist on triggering me with every other post you make?

top kek

lmao

yeah well you can't have characters acting smart if it complicates the plot. plus they have budget concerns.

thinking that CIA is gonna let you go after insulting him like that isn't good politics. he will have his revenge

you're right, that's why they didn't include a single battle from the Stark-Lannister war.

>instead of ending the episode on the small Walder Willis they decided to show two minutes of a kid who can't act for shit having an epicletic fit

Was that supposed to be dramatic? This was fucking hilarious. Also hold the door is a fucking retarded explanation, people heard him say hold the door clearly, people knew what hodor meant and yet nobody told bran or any starks.

D&D's embezzling the money, obviously.

Nice titties, but I still want the real Sansa nudes too

probably funding the cast&crew's coke habit

Or just Sophie Turners

don't forget Emilia Clarke

Emilia just has a food habit.

Trips confirm Clarke is a Crack Whore

(Checked)

beat me to it with the pic

I was considering this one too

Yeah but that makes no sense. He put her there, and they already had an excuse to attack winterfell, so that Sansa could reclaim the north. Unless they established that the vale wouldn't be interested in fighting and CIA needed a way to instigate a war, then it makes no sense.

Looks better as a brunette.

It's a pig in a blanket.

Careful

How soft do you think Emilia's arm fat is?

Please, she's too fat to fit on a dragon now.

It's the proper plural form of elf.

Actually he's pretty well off, he seems to be doing it for fun more than anything else.

It's not so much as a lack of faith in Christ as it is how cynical he is. Although faith in our Lord certainly helps even atheists such as Lovecraft can write good fantasies if they just approach it the right way. Lovecraft put it quite well in his criticism of Lord Dunsany:

"As he gained in age and sophistication, he lost in freshness and simplicity. He was ashamed to be uncritically naive, and began to step aside from his tales and visibly smile at them even as they unfolded. Instead of remaining what the true fantaisiste must be - a child in a child's world of dream - he became anxious to shew that he was really and adult good-naturedly pretending to be a child in a child's world."

But in gurm's case it's a tipping of fedoras and disdain of the genre instead of being goodnatured. An approach to myth and dreams must be an earnest one, if you make it self aware, cynical or try to deconstruct it because then you have missed the point.

I want to squeeze it. And her fat ass.

NEW THREAD →

to be fair they've been neutral throughout the entire series.

I think this was the idea. of course it's an uncharacteristically stupid and obvious plan for Littlefinger but whatever, D&D are a shit.

Fuck off, retard.

2 episodes at most. Did you see how fast Baelish got to Mole Town?