So the Knights of Ren are chumps and get wiped out by Luke

makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-episode-viii-the-knights-of-ren/

So the Knights of Ren are chumps and get wiped out by Luke.

Kylo defeats Rey but Luke saves her.

very meh

Unsurprising.

PROBLEMATIC

also Tom Hardy has a cameo as a gay Stormtrooper.

it would be kind of neat if their part of the flashback/vision scene actually happened in episode 8, I guess.

and?

What were these faggots doing in TFA?

Besides eeeevillle

Looking cool.

Ah, Leanne Crow.

It's part of JJ's mystery box.

A mystery that hooks the audience but has no meaning, it's what the entire series of LOST was based around.

Well apparently Luke's going to shoah them all so they'll be about as relevant as Captain Phasma

Are cool-looking cutouts all we can expect from the franchise?

this

snoke is actually the smoke monster

that's exactly what you can expect with hack writers that aren't even going off of george's ideas.

Thing that bugs me about this new trilogy is that there is no strong villain.

You have Kylo Ren LARPing as Darth Vader and Snoke who is just some deformed old guy in a chair.

Against Luke and co how are they meant to be a challenge?

They might try to make Kylo threatening by having him BTFO everyone except Luke, but it's kinda hard not to feel super-retconny after he got humiliated by Rey Sue in TFA.

On the other hand, it'd be hilarious to see them indirectly admitting that Rey beating Kylo in TFA was total horseshit.

See, that would have been a cool way for POETRY if they mirrored the Empire/Rebel scenario to the Republic/First Order scenario. Having the Sith/ebil nazis fight against the superior armed and numbered Republic would have been fresh.

Ren can still be a Vader babby and Snoke can still try to be the Emperor, just that they have to fight with subtlety, assassination, manipulation, infiltration, recon and more. But nope. They built the biggest, baddest weapon ever and wiped out the Republic's capital planet and no one cared. They have massive armies of Stormtroopers to fight everything and everyone.

My friend, what was the prequel trilogy?

Rey's already completed the OT character arc: she defeated the dark lord and spared his life.

If they do two more episodes it will jist be the same story.

It really was the end fight which fucked episode VII up totally. All the stupid shit up to that point could have been forgiven if Luke had driven off Ren on the frost planet and taken Rey on as an apprentice.

No.

but user, RLM said it's bad therefore you can never ever say anything about it period unless it's mockery.

I think I'm done with Star Wars.

I have no interest in seeing Rogue One or the Han Solo movie.

I'll keep track of Ep8 only because I feel I need closure on the story of Luke. After that I don't care what they add to the franchise because it's clear it's not for me.

The best thing they could do is make a movie where Darth Vader kills shit for three hours.

All my four year old cares about is Darth Vader in the movies. That's all any four year old cares about.

You have raised the child right.

He watched the new movie and immediately asked to watch Empire after.

I said, "son, I am not disappoint."

Oh he can do a lot of stuff alright

Exactly how I feel. I don't even know who they are trying to cater to with this new stuff. Besides, of course, the retards that will spend money on soulless, disposable spinoffs because it says "Star Wars."

people who have such an incapability to create a personality for themselves they have to look at others, copy only the most superficial qualities of them like clothing or entertainment interest, and wave that shit around like a parade.

they're basically manufactured, needy peacocks. a "peacuck" if you will.

So you finally found the source?

Pretty much. I remember being super disappointed when Vader turned out to be Palpatine's bitch in ROTJ and to some extent, in TESB, because I wanted him to be a badass lone wolf wizard ninja slicing rebel motherfuckers to shit and conquering the galaxy and beyond.

For normalfag "lol I'm such a nerd XD" types. The kind of people that went apeshit for TFA simply because of it being Star Wars, while a lot of us, likely to be much bigger fans than them as well, were saying to at least wait. JJ Abrams was a big red flag, the marketing was just "hey remember all the great stuff about the OT? Here it is again!" and the diversity push.

Did you suck your husbands dick after? You fucking homo.

Who the hell brings a nonlightsaber to a light saber fight?