Gods of Egypt is fucking awful. Terrible acting, dialog, action, you name it...

Gods of Egypt is fucking awful. Terrible acting, dialog, action, you name it. It's so bad that I think it's really close to being one of those shitty masterpieces.

I've made some webms for your consideration.

A sample of the great dialog and acting.

This thief guy has to sneak into the bad guy's gold treasury to steal back Horus' eyes. I have not edited this in any way. They really just cut from him surrounded by scorpions to outside.

Fuck that's the wrong one. Well that one is just more shitty acting and dialog. Next one is the thief.

Like I said, that's how they really ended the scene. Amazing.

Alex Proyas did nothing wrong.

Possibly the funniest part of the movie.

In this movie Ra lives on a spaceship and turns into giant fire wizard to fight an evil worm thing.

Truly a battle for the ages.

I don't see the problem with the cut. Its just implied that with the horus, the scorpions weren't an issue anymore.

Also, the scene was better shot than that Legolas bullshit.

Every action scene in the film is plagued by this fucking 360 camera bullshit. Ser Jaime looking a little retarded here.

actors still can't handle green screen.

All of these are from the first hour. That's only half the movie. There's plently more shit to show but this took a while and I can't just spoil all the good stuff.

I should have elaborated more. In order to get to this place, he had to sneak into a gold delivery then ride with the gold down a giant slide until he reached this place. There appears to be no doors of any kind and the only way in or out was the slide.

AYO HOL UP

If you are a good actor you should handle green screen.

does this surprise anyone though? these mythological CGI action flicks have always been awful.

-I thought the lanky Cambodian who played Hathor in this was ugly as fuck.
-However, the young love interest had a fantastic rack and a pretty face to match. I might have hated the movie if not for her.
-Gerard Butler was a hilarious, fun villain. Reminded me of Hades from Disney's version of Hercules.
-The banter between the thief and Osiris was pretty good.
-The cgi transformer battles were cringy.
-Geoffrey Rush may have had a silly costume, but his acting was awesome as always.

That's what I took away from this. I liked most of the actors, even if it was a sill movie.

I could not hate this film.

jesus christ i can't believe the director was at all proud of this

Is anyone else sick to death of these pretentious fucking British accents in antiquity films? They're not speaking English in the first place and these are American films made for an American audience.

Yeah I don't really see some huge issue with this movie. It's not fantastic, but it's pretty fun.

Somehow a British accent is still an audible signal of "royalty" or importance, in the west. Or something.

There is no British accent, it's the Americans that have accents. As for what it invokes, when English is properly spoken it invokes the aristocracy, the great lords of a once great empire. It's a refined and educated tongue that when spoken will by itself make colonists feel inferior.

lol, this is what limeys actually believe.

They sound terrible.

its the same bitch who played Elektra in DD Season 2

It took me a 2nd view to notice that she had been hit! This is hilariously bad.

Anyone else thinks Jame Lannister actor is playing a really bad Snake ripoff?

Pick one

OP is not only a homo he's a homocuck, as in he enjoy seeing his boyfriend pozzed by a bull.

Why does everything have greenscreen today? A teacher once told me it was more expensive than actual visual effects, is that true?

at least it's not more wewuz bulls-
oh
nevermind

Probably not anymore.

The high costs for green screen effects came mostly from the cost of technology to produce it. Now that we live in this highly advanced computer tech society, all a production company needs is a fairly up to date rig and a shit ton of green tarp. This then makes the prices unilaterally cheaper for all of that companies productions, as those green screens can be made into anything.

It's gotten cheap enough that even you tubers can afford it, and even if it's not to the same quality as mainstream movies, I wouldn't be surprised if in 3 or 4 years it will be truly comprable.

Now let's compare the costs of making each set, working with city governments to film, obeying all the codes, then making each and every set piece, acquiring all the explosives or whizz bangs needed, and then making specific props for that genre or movie. In order to make any profit, that company would have to make 4 or 5 movies of the genre to justify all the expenditures.

As much as I hate computer graphics, it does decentralized power in the filmmaking world to some extent, though it's very marginal and an entirely bullshit explanation. In the old days, the only people who could afford all of that were the ones who've been around the longest, either due to previous capital acquirement or having a bankable name.

Tl;dr

It's cheaper, you're teacher is just an oldfag.

They used to make some decent movies about Egypt.

WEll, he told me 2 years ago. It is curious because he was teaching production.

How old was he and did he ever work on a film (if so how long ago and with whom)?

He was pretty old, maybe on his 60s? And he mostly worked for national public TV in Spain.

It makes you sound like a dick sucker.

The film could have been better, I agree with that…
I found it entertaining though

Video games from 2007 have better graphics

I'm just glad this movie exists to trigger the

WE WUZ

crowd, to that end, I'm annoyed by the presence of the nog playing the god of wisdom. I'm also glad they didn't cast the usual 6/10 for the love interest so as not to make women feel inadequate and actually found an attractive actress.

Green screen is fine for backgrounds and settings, but not for characters you have to interact with. The computer model will never match up perfectly with the human actor, no matter how good they are, sending it into the uncanny valley.

The most hilarious thing about the whole "muh white Egyptians is raciss" stuff is that the director of the movies is an actual fucking Egyptian, who later moved to Australia.

Granted, ancient Egyptians were likely more Arabic/Asiatic white than European white, and probably did have niggers in the south part of the country.

I honestly don't see a difference to the average capeshit people masturbate over. These webms make this movie seem at least somewhat more interesting than the fucking Avengers.

WE

WUZ

KANGS

This new Stargate reebot, is looking pretty wack.
Is the nigger with a golden hairweb supposed to be Teal'c?

Holy shit this is bad.

Nah sjws would be thrilled with this shit if it had an all black cast even though that would be even more inaccurate than really tanned white people

If they made a historical movie about the later dynasties of egypt that had a few nubian/ethiopian pharaohs then yeah, cast black people, but this shit here is just terrible

But the worst part

ALL ACTORS HAVE HAIR

You think sister fucker could lift for a few months before playing a god

As a side note its sad when even The Mummy was more historically accurate than this shit

Fuck. I look at something like this, think of all the money lavished on the sets and costume designs, the special and visual effects, and I think, this is what you did with it, this is what you made.

What a fucking waste.

They're so obviously inserted onto the background its painful.

I know the Australians had a hand in developing this buy still.

so its just fucking stargate, then.

Why does the gate have 12 chevrons, though?

obviously theyve installed so many more gates, they had to increase the number of chevrons to account for them.

Did they spread those gates over different cluster/superclucters etc, or are those densely packed into one region?
Because if the latter, that means they have over 10^19 gates.

a phone number can have 11 digits. does every permutation of 11 digits result in a phone number?

*does every permutation result in an active phone numer?

Fucking hell, looking at the quality of our actresses, you'd think 90% of Australian girls were top-tier hot babes.

Meanwhile, where I live, it's like 70% middle-aged mums and fatsos, and a chance of seeing some hot chicks if you get out on a sunny day, which is fucking never.

Fair point.
Also, stargate dialing never made any sense to begin with

he was probably out of touch.

Who wrote this shit

Just watched this would rate 6/10

lots of tropes I guess

Ingredients list

I liked Geoffrey Rush but he didn't have much to work with and the chopper guy from mad max was nice but he had like 2 lines he just repeated

what the fuck am I reading?

Are you fucking retarded or something?

Yeah. White. As in skin color. As in, there are Arabs and Asians who are white in skin color.

Or is that too much for your mind to handle?

Yes Egyptians get black washed now but some of them were dark as fuck, retard. North Africa may be white but South Africa is still right downstairs.