/got/ general

Ayy lmao edition
Previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

watchersonthewall.com/new-photos-game-thrones-season-6-episode-5-door/
watchersonthewall.com/george-r-r-martin-talks-fan-fiction-advises-aspiring-writers-discusses-reasons-killing-off-characters/
time.com/4123634/george-r-r-martin-refugees/
watchersonthewall.com/director-daniel-sackheim-discusses-brienne-tormund-jon-sansas-reunion/
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Sigorn
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/games-of-thrones-season-6-major-deaths-and-spoilers-dropped-by-cast-during-two-truths-and-a-lie-game-a7035526.html
mises.org/library/case-free-trade-and-restricted-immigration-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Kingfag

first for fuck GRRM

First for the one true Queen.

First for,

Can this please not be a meta thread?

I look forward to the Rule 34.

You don't need to. That way it'll be cooler and more mysterious in the flashback.
I think they were afraid that people'd make lightsaber jokes about Dawn…so they…made him have two swords…

New photos from Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5 “The Door”
watchersonthewall.com/new-photos-game-thrones-season-6-episode-5-door/

I like that Dany is wearing her jungle bitch clothes again.

I find it odd how so many people seem to think that on Television you are obligated to explain every little thing.

What is he about to say Holla Forums?

Something forgettable I'm sure.

I never said logical, I said predictable. as in, their writing has a pattern of simplistic stupidity to it that makes their shit easy to figure out.

because you were giving them too much credit and decided to overanalyze a scene they obviously put way less thought into than you did.

(Checked)
George R.R. Martin talks about fan fiction, advises aspiring writers and discusses his reasons for killing off characters
watchersonthewall.com/george-r-r-martin-talks-fan-fiction-advises-aspiring-writers-discusses-reasons-killing-off-characters/

Why doesn't half of the population in Westeros and good part of the nobility die in their mid thirties from flu or something, you know, like medieval people used to?

because GRRM is full of shit

the only time 'the hero' dies in his books is Jon Snow, and he comes back almost immediately with no adverse effects

Apparently Jon does.

except when you're Dany

Tell that to plot-armored Arya, Dani, or le meme midget. IRL the Mad Queen would have already been assassinated for all the bullshit she did in Slaver's bay.
I bet he doesn't even believe in the bullshit he said. He's just trying to go "muh realism" to justify killing off characters for the sake of shocking the readers.

There show has progressively gone for 'tell don't show' for a while now. The tipping point imo was when Littlefinger said 'your sister' instead of 'Cat' when he pushed Lysa out the Moon Door.

Really, LF? She knows she's her sister. You'd say Cat if you didn't have a television audience watching you.

Maybe he's just suffering from mental issues. He's old and fat and has an unhealthy diet. Maybe he truly doesn't realize how much of a hypocrite he is. Or it could be a case of, "It's okay when I do it."

Those three have to live because their arc is more important than proving a point about the finality of death.

user hit the nail on the head here →
This has always been the main selling point of ASOIAF, plus pandering to social outcasts.

of course he doesn't. he's a leftist

Can we keep the buzzwords to a minimum? Just call him a dipshit, that's what you mean.

top tier writing fam

did I trigger you, Holla Forums?

don't forget flying magic animals coming to the rescue

I'm not a leftist, I'm probably in the center. I suppose it was stupid of me to try to police your language, but leftist on Holla Forums has become synonymous with stupid/dumb/retarded. It's now a worthless word here.

Did South Park get GRRM right?

At least Tolkien wasn't being cynical with his stories, he was actually trying to create a mythology and he was a religious man. When GRRM brings a character back to life he lacks the honesty of Tolkien's faith in Christ and he turns himself into a hypocrite.

not just Holla Forums, m8

he's way too thin

This 100%, haha. If any major character dies in TWOW I won't worry much, because there's a good chance they will come back by the end of the book one way or another. Or it will turn out they were wearing magic necklace and it wasn't actually them getting shanked. It was consistent and true to Tolkien's universe, but GRRM sticks to "grimdark shock realism" when it suits him and switches to high fanasy tropes when he feels like it.

Are there that many wieners in ASOIAF though?

What does everyone think is going to happen with the High Sparrow? I can't tell if D & D love or hate him.

He is a leftist in the traditional sense of the word. Also,
time.com/4123634/george-r-r-martin-refugees/
And

who even cares?

Good point, why even discuss this show? Lets all the fuck off and stop posting. You can start.

I bet Paris has a collection of strap-ons.

Nevermind D&D, how do you feel about him? He's gonna get BTFO sooner or later I believe, this season most likely

aka hypocrite retard

I like him. They try to make him unsympathetic with the whole death for gayness thing, but then they go and make the nobles (Olenna, Cersei, Jaime) complete monsters who don't care if their peasants die in a civil war.

I like him because he seems to be breath of fresh air compared to the other characters. That is of course if he is actually honest in his convictions. If he's just another schemer with ulterior motives then I will be a little let down.

The inconsistency with his stories, the ones he tells other people about his origins and motivations make me curious as to what his plans are.

Gotta draw inspiration for those POV penetration descriptions somehow, haha.

"Hold on, Paris, this'll be real quick. Okay, I'll be the 14 year old princess, and you be the Khal who bought me in a marriage pact."

"No, spank it like a man, Drogo would've hit her harder."

This is what worries me about D & D, I wonder if they truly don't see how detestable Olenna and Cersei are, perhaps them coming from rich families, being wealthy Jews, has led them into a state of mind to similar to the nobles in Westeros for them to look at the characters objectively.

There's a sincerity and authencity to his works that's really great and haven't ever been truly matched. GRRM lacks the spirituality, understanding of his cultural heritage and the mindset that made Tolkien so good. They're not even writers in the same genre truthfully.

too similar*

this. certain storylines feel like they're taking place in a parallel universe.

I like him as an antagonist and I also like the fact that at least someone's still around to do actual scheming as opposed to the one stab surprise betrayal shit. but his monologues are fucking tedious.

when was it ever established that the cared about peasants?

I try to take the show without the author's./showrunner's intent in mind and just take what's on the screen. And there's a dimension to the nobles, especially in that scene, that was a believable evil. So I hope it was on purpose.

I do LOVE how they play the swelling epic happy Mhysa music when ''Dany celebrates burning people alive that she's goaded, just like her father would've have. If they ever do a flashback with Brandon and Rickard's deaths, someone needs to put a youtube mash-up where they play that scene and then the flashback with the same Meesa theme.

It wasn't. That's why I like the Sparrow in both continuities, he brings out more dimension metatextually and in the other characters. That's a good character.

How else are they supposed to deal with the situation though? Sparrows are too powerful now, and if they disrespect the ruling families this much it's only a question of time before peasants try to sack Red Keep anyway.

This is what makes him so intriguing for me too. It seems his populist rhetoric might really be just a tool, and we know D&D aren't especially fond of religion.

Cersei in particular is almost completely rewritten character at this point, you should probably feel sympathetic for her in GoT. I prefer the paranoid, drinking, stupid, insane version in AFFC, honestly. Maybe my favorite chapters from that book.

Why do Murricans think they should have any say on matters that only concern Europeans? It's like if I should argue that America should open its border to Mexico and let all beaners in without any control. I won't be the one to get pozzed by the arriving hordes so why not? Maybe we can ship some of those towelheads directly to GURRM's residence and see how much he likes it.

They could try a more guerilla approach where they get someone to do a noble sacrifice and assassinate the High Sparrow. The Faith Militant wouldn't even know which new guy to appoint. That's essentially what Jon had to do to Mance Rayder.

However, the Faith Militant would probably just go nuts. Good job, Cersei, giving those guys power. Bravo.

My biggest fear is that they'll pull a Stannis with The High Sparrow's ending.

:o it's like you've imagined this scene before

Pure poetry.

he meant that we should let Syrian refugees into his house so that they can satisfy his wife in a way that he never could

I agree. this is also the reason I lost interest in the Bolton storyline. D&D's idiotic purge pretty much killed character development in the North.

Seriously, I am actually surprised no one outside of /got/ sees how evil this scene is. She goads them and then murders them all violently and painfully, when she could've just accepted being a Dosh Khaleen, waited for the Khalar Vehzven to be over, and told Jorah/Daario to kidnap her quietly in like a week.

Then all she has to do is mind meld Drogon again and come back riding him if she wants their army. She can say, 'listen, I have a dragon, so I lead you all now or else'. Similar to the way in which people use nuclear weapons in a Cold War. That would've avoided murders, and gotten her some excellent generals.

What Dany did would be like if the US did a complete ground invasion of North Korea whilst it had nukes on retainer.

Could have fooled me, with all the womyn surviving being retarded all the time and basically going on romantic fantasy adventures but I guess it only applies to men.

The Children of the Forest created the White Walkers to "protect something". Bran sees the White Walkers and the COTF in a vision, where his presence is sensed by the Night's King. Bran stays in the vision too long. In real life, he and his companions are then found and attacked by the White Walkers, and the Three Eyed Raven is killed. Hodor can also be killed in White Walkers attack of the cave because he has to hold the DOOR , only Bran & Meera escape.

Jon & Sansa ride out towards Winterfell. Along the way, they make plans to rally the Northern houses in the war.
Accompanied by Brienne, Sansa meets Littlefinger in the North and confronts him for leaving her with Ramsay, she does not trust him now. Brienne is sent south on a mission by Sansa towards Riverrun. Sansa will stay in the north to rally the northern houses - like House Mormont.

Kingsmoot. Asha makes a claim, so does Euron.

Euron becomes King of the iron isles. He may mention the magic horn of dragons. Euron's plan is Queen Daenerys.
Asha is angry because Euron is a man and steals his ships.
Theon/Asha go east to seek Daenerys.

Tyrion will meet a new red priestess who will help him to set Meereen right. Varys will dislike her. Varys mentions Stannis losing because of Mel, The Red preistess knows personal details on Varys and this frightens him. This Red Priestess becomes Tyrion’s right hand and tries to get the city under control with him

Arya is given a new assignment by Jaqen, Arya watches a play , Arya is asked to kill an actress [ play the role of Sansa]. Arya will decline this mission. Arya will later escape the faceless Men and return to Westeros.

Dany collects all her Khals & returns to meereen, travel scene.

Sam scene where we meet his family. His father hates Gilly.

Major death - Bloodraven/Hodor

The Northern stuff is cool, everything else is meh.

it's okay when a woman does it

The only logical explanation is that D & D are heavily seeding the idea that she will become The Mad Queen. I wouldn't put too much stake in the audience, they also hated Olly even though he was meant to be a sympathetic character.

B-but she burned the patriarchy that resembled sand dindus, h-how can that be bad? Murder is always justified if you have a vagina.

Don't get me started on poor Olly. The kid likely had some form of PTSD from watching his parents get eaten, and then he's portrayed as the bad guy for being human and not being able to put this aside for the invasion of the Others.

But then, just fucking three episodes later, Jon doesn't put aside the fact that he was stabbed for the invasion of the Others either, wanting to go South for no reason! Why is Jon supposed to be sympathetic for this but Olly not?

you forget that Dany fans are mentally ill themselves. they love her because she acts out their desires on screen.

hes fucking great, probably my favorite character, I love how he basically admitted to jamie that this is all about deposing all these incestious fuckwads, that little twinkle in his eye lmao

Its one of the more apt portrayals of early christianity-

Think what you will of religion but the New Testament is basically a thinly veiled resistance manifesto against the roman empire, its more Ches "guerilla Warfare" or Dachs Total Resistance than a religious text, a fact many are hilariously oblivious of.

whoever came up with the whole sparrow thing(is it in the books, i have no idea) clearly is aware of this, its one of the few storylines that im still looking forward to

If I had faith in D & D I would say this season is all about the fall of Dany and Jon and that we were meant to like Olly, that we were supposed to understand Alliser. But, I have no faith in D & D and maybe they're just winging it.

So when is Trump going to come over the Wall and Make Westeros Great Again?

better yet, he's portrayed as the bad guy for killing the faggot responsible for the deaths of everyone he knew and loved, instead of spreading his ass cheeks wider.

Oh my God I have found something deeply horrifying anons.

Yes, there is also the fact that people seem to overlook, and that is that Olly probably thought of Jon as a surrogate big brother and the NW as a home, before they let in the very people that ate his parents. Sure #notallwildlings, but you're not fucking rational when you have that happen to you.

So he's been betrayed by the one person he thought looked out for him the most, and he's the bad guy for being so upset he takes revenge? I call that at least a sympathetic 'villain'.

Is he portrayed as the bad guy, though? Just because the audience is mentally retarded, doesn't mean their interpretation of the show is correct. I liked him the whole time, and I felt that the scene of his execution was showcasing how death has turned Jon into a coward and a villain.

I think by making Alliser's crowd look like a bunch of dicks and elevating Jon to hero status they really downplayed the wildings' indiscriminate murder spree earlier and Jon's role in making that happen. so, as an individual Olly might have been sympathetic, but D&D grouped him with the "asshole" crowd. also the wildings got whitewashed pretty hard.

I really, really hope you're right, user, and D&D have the balls to go through with this. The signs are there, not just the overlooked fact she burnt people alive just for opposing her and insisting on their traditions like Sir Phantasmagoric says → >>>>339409 but also the scenes with Tyrion actually trying to rule instead of hissing like she did are a strong implication.

I feel like Olly's point of view was understandable enough in the show, as was Alliser's final speech, They could have made him just insult Jon one last time and be done with him as a villain, but just like user says → >>>>339420 the entire execution scene was morally ambiguous. You know why Olly and Alliser did what they did, but also understand Jon's decision to hang them.

How exactly? It did happen, and Alliser reminded they're rapist and murderers before his death. The majority of audience probably forgot about Thenns already, but that doesn't mean you have to as well. The hangings were shot in a way where both points of views were represented. Of course the focus will be on Jon from now on, he's the protagonist after all.

The fact that Tormund is played for laughs and is portrayed as being likeable. In the books Tormund is likeable, in the show he's a savage piece of shit. Also the fact that Edd is now okay with the Wildlings, as if he forgot what happened at the wall, as if he forgot everything.

He's seen the undead army though, and he trusts Jon is capable of handling the wildlings. All things considered, Edd's stance is correct.
How does one character change the whole perspective on wildlings? I don't feel like Tormund was adjusted that much either, he has very similiar characteristics. D&D made the right decision and got rid of Mance, who represented the sympathetic wildlings in the novels, so Tormund in GoT fills in for him in this regard.

Show Tormund is a little bit inconsistent as well. He approves of raiding that village, which I'm not sure book Tormund would do (though he does have gold bracelets, but he likely got them off some NW), as he was much more trusting of Jon defecting.

Hell, when he sees Jon after the battle in the books, he flips out for all of one second and then is drinking with him the next.

I was going to post a Tormund rule 34 pic as a joke but I couldn't find one. I'm surprised none exists, what is his dick jokes.

Hopefully his asshole family will save it
These sound p. good

but the Night's Watch is made up of the scum of Westeros, so not exactly the strongest point. if anything it made Alliser look hypocritical.

felt like D&D forced the narrative in Jon's favor.

and his emo crybabby shit about "durr dey killed me, I dindu nuffin". nothing about him actually deserving to be killed.

he a gud boy, embed related.

I really don't care for the Tarly family soap unless they plan on sending Randyll to KL later.

Why? He hated the "kneelers" thoroughly and was okay with killing even the unarmed ones. There's a 6 minute scene dedicated to Jon's and Tormund's dialogue after he gets imprisoned where Jon convinces him to unite forces against the zombies, or otherwise they're all dead. At this point Tormund still doesn't trust him, but his attitude changes after the events of Hardome, where he witnesses the horror of WWs and sees Jon risking his life to rescue as many wildlings as possible. I feel like Tormund's motivations were portrayed clearly enough.

That's why I said only a little; he seems a bit too quick to be chummy with kneelers.

Most people targeted by flu were the very young and the very old. Once you survived the horrors of childhood with your family that was large just to beat the odds, you could be expected to live a decently long life.

He should totally kill some people off with STDs though considering how carelessly the people fuck around, syphilis is some mad shit.

There really aren't enough STDs in fantasy fiction. You'd think grimdark would have more of it.

Randyll does wash out a whore's pussy with lye soap when she gives his men the pox.

Nuts-on.

You know, with the amount of pissed off I was at Dany last episode, I almost forgot about show Brienne being a complete asshole.

Book Brienne would never do that asshole gloating that she murdered a man. This is a woman at was fucking traumatized at killing men that tried to rape her.

Even Stannis isn't enough to turn her into that much of a cunt.

to be fair show Brienne has always been a murderous cunt. I don't think D&D ever attempted to portray her as anything other than a raging bulldyke terminator.

It's like you started watching yesterday.

This, more or less. She never showed any remorse after killing.

I like Brienne, she might be one of my favourites. She grew on me a lot, and might be one of the only ASOIAF characters that did. It sucks that D and D basically characterised the precise opposite of her adaptation counterpart.

Flue was just the first silly thing that came to my mind, make it a rotten tooth, infection, pneumonia or whatever. Hell, even a flea bite could kill you back then. Not to mention plagues sweeping entire settlements. Kings themselves died because of complications following a broken ankle. Not an expert in these matters, but I'd say a fifty year old peasant was quite a rare sight. The age distribution in ASOIAF seems much closer to presence than to middle ages. Realistic mortality rate perhaps wouldn't make the best fantasy reading, but as it is, it nullifies any validity of the >truthful card he loves to play in interviews and exposes him as an even bigger hack.

I even liked show Brienne from time to time, but then D&D always had to go ahead and remind me that she's just wish fulfillment for manhating butch lesbians.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand filtered.

What are your thoughts on her future arc? Last time we saw her, she was walking off with Jaime to "kill" him, IIRC.

they look like aliens from a star trek show back in the '90s.

who's the midget?

Maisie Williams

Relax bruv, it's probably because eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone told me I would hate her AFFC arc on /got/ so I came in with horribly low expectations, but instead got a comfy medieval adventure where someone learns that good people often suffer the hardest, and that every ambition has a price.

I have a soft spot for gentle and sweet characters, and Brienne is a gentle giant that realises she'll never fit in and that she needs to try to make her own path in the world. I think we can all relate to that.

I really don't want her to die, but I think she's doomed. She's too morally good for the world of ASOIAF. She doesn't have a savage bone in her body, which likely means she won't be able to escape Lady Stoneheart's catch-22.

Maisie and Sophie look more manly than those guys.

Do not bully, best actor of his generation according to Maisie

guy on the left looks very manly

I'd love to suck on his armpit hair

5 years ago, gentlemen.

Do you think he was a homo back then, or did the Hodor actor turn him?

if he was a true realist, everyone in Westeros should die winter come. even without the ice zombies and the impending Targaryen conquest, they should just starve to death thanks to having ruined the country. seriously, westerosi economy has been in the shitter since AGOT, or even longer than that.

This has now become a pasta

Ramsay has pretty handwriting, like a girl's.

It's funny because it's true.

letters are written by maesters though

He probably dictated it and the scribe wrote it on paper.

If we're going by book canon, not this one (apparently).

This was my first thought too →
No way people who aren't specifically trained in caligraphy could write like that. I can barely read my handwriting t. alcohols

Wouldn't it make more sense if the white walkers erected the wall? They seem to know more about magic than the southerners. So Trump is basically a white walker and he made Westeros not only pay for the wall but also to guard it.

haha, nice one, m8.

I mean I don't like Tolkien, too much religious symbolism and environmentalism in his works, but holy shit he's FAR better than Gurm in every possible way.

watchersonthewall.com/director-daniel-sackheim-discusses-brienne-tormund-jon-sansas-reunion/

Who's ready for House Giantsbane with Lord Tormund and Lady Brienne formed by Jon Stark?

See

Wouldn't it just be House Giant?

Kek.

I actually read the first two books in the series during a holiday flight to Germany and back several years ago, funnily enough. I swear, half the bookshop was taken up with G.R.R.M's shit.

Could be, though I assumed that 'Giantsbane' is a title, similar to how 'Thenn' is an ethnicity.

I wouldn't mind if Tormund takes Sigorn's arc, but he's likely going to die from Ramsay's plot armour bludgeoning him over the head.

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Sigorn

Ramsey wrote his own letters in the blood of his victims. It's a very distinct handwriting he has, and the subjects of his letters are too dangerous to entrust the Bolton maester with. Remember that Bolton flaying is actually only a rumour in the books after the Starks subjugated the Boltons centuries before hand. And is the reason why the nobles like Lady Dustin and the Ryswells want to see Theon's hands to see if the rumours are true about Ramsey.

And the handwriting different in the Pink Letter, which is the most obvious red flag about it.

Did someone say ayy lmao?

She needs to go back!

terrible armor design for trump/tywin

But this is the thread where people are writing walls of texts about the tiniest insignificant book details just to bash the series

I wouldn't expect much intrigue around the Pink Letter in the show. for starters, they never exactly set up the book version of the northern political landscape.

You're a big knight

kill yourself

After you

His kids finished the books for him after he died.

Also, what is the point of Gilly's baby by now? In the books it was made clear that her baby was burned and the baby she takes care of is Mance's son. In the show it's just a kid.

Probably going to die.
He's probably going to die too, pretty soon, at the hands of
20 GOOD MEN

it's probably not just an ordinary baby considering it's been an infant for 3 fucking seasons now.

Maybe it's a spy for the white walkers.

I heard newborns make the best spies

Say that to my fucking face not online, faggot.

Are you talking shit about Brienne's AFFC adventures, faggot?

top kek

An extra responsibility for Sam. Also it shows how "good guy" he is by aking care of that boy, despite he is not his real son.
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just saying what the writers' intention is

is GRRM trying to tell us something?

Randyll's gonna fucking kill someone

I wasn't talking about the show. Of course Dumb&Dumber aren't capable of implementing a decent plot, they weren't even fucking capable of simply copy pasting perfectly adequate material. Just take the ToJ scene, why the fuck change the dialog to that caricature, and don't get me started on le akimbo Dayne. Fuck you Matt Easton, I didn't expect you defending dual wielding two longswords of all things

I have to admit, I haven't actually watched the show since the Ironbabbies ran away from the shirtless bastard slowly opening those dog cages. I am just here to shitpost and read the reactions of the poor sobs who actually still watch this tumor.

After season 2 the show really did go down hill didn't it?

What about the adventures Arya and Sandor?

the other day I saw some user genuinely upset with the quality of the show, it was hilariously surprising.

it was decent up until Joffrey's death

Now that I think of it, that was the turning point. I kinda miss the little brat

I have a feeling they added in the gay bashing and muh slut-shaming because they knew the plot called for him to get his shit kicked in, but they love his Commie sentiments so they didn't want to make it (truthfully) look like Marxism is inherently cancerous.

As expected from shiteating Danyfags.

Who's Asha?

:^)

meanwhile, at GRRM's house…

Are they even trying anymore?

be sure to torrent user!

What's in her bag, /got/?
post yfw it's Uncle George's new novel

Fresh cockles

PRESTON JACOBS BTFO

What the fuck, did anyone else notice they speak the exact same way?
Holy shit, am I going crazy?

at this point, I became numb to D&D's fanfiction. Then again, I still haven't seen episode five so I won't believe you yet.

What? There are red priests in Meereen.

It's not Melsiandre it's some other bitch NIce sage though.

Gas yourself.

It's not even a book thing, it's a 'don't fucking overexplain the dialogue and assume we're retarded' thing.

fuck my eyes. I'm still numb at D&D fanfic, though.

yeah it reminds me of the pilot when the Lannisters were referring to each other by "my brother/sister/siblings" all the time.

it's fucking annoying that D&D feel the need for hamfisted expository dialogue 4/5/6 seasons in because muh new audiences.

I'd make one about Edd.

The only thing is, It's about him not getting screentime. Which pisses me off, because they made room for Olly and yet did fuck all with him.

Olly actually is more important and interesting than Edd. Not every book character matters. Book Edd is nothing more than glorified comic relief.

Thanks for confirming that you are in fact a Maisiefag.

Drink Bleach

I am, but this guy: isn't

Edd is literally Reddit: The Character

Lol.

Go back to reddit.

Das right, Edd is fucking terrible. He serves no purpose aside form telling unfunny meme-tier jokes.

Olly did literally nothing his entire time on the show.
Nothing at all.

He's one of the best characters on the show, throughout its entire run.

you're confusing character with plot device, user.

He had a personality and an arc, he wasn't a plot device. You may not like him on a personal level, but he's by far one of the best things D & D have done on the show.

so what was his personality like?

He is just a kid, who witnessed a great tragedy, that, in fact, only mattered to him. I don't think he was like "they butchered my parents and Mrs. X and the postman", he was like "they butchered my parents". So he himself didn't gave a fuck about the others personally, maybe like "my whole village", but probably more like "my parents and my whole village". Thousands of other people died elsewhere, so in fact, his parents were insignificant in that huge number.

Remember Edd saying "We were at Hardhome"? Was Olly there? Did he saw the undead? Because if he wasn't, he ahd no idea, that a way bigger and meaner enemy is coming, and the wildlings are in fact needed at this point to defend the whole civilization against these foes. A common enemy is a uniting factor, but how could a kid, especially a biased kid understand this? So Jon betraying him is not really true. Yeah, he felt that, yeah, maybe the audience kinda felt that too, but in the long run, millions of people just like Olly's former parents can die because the kid and some others felt that Jon betrayed them.

Again, this only felt right because of his - in the long run/in historical perspective - insignificant personal tragedy and Thorne's hatred towards wildlings. Thorne seems morally rightous in Olly's eyes, because the kid can't understand why Jon's actions are more important.

Now, I have never felt this kid was right in anything. I never liked him. Ygritte's death in the long run is a big loss for the viewer, turning against Jon will have 0 significance now, so tell me, did he do anything that affected the turn of events in any way?

He was a scared child looking for a new home. He looked up to Jon and Jon betrayed his trust. I can't explain what personality is to you, you're clearly autistic.

Learn how to speak English, nigger.

What personality? He was defined as "the kid who lost his former life because of a wildling attack, and that's why he hates wildlings". Did I missed anything?
I give you the turning from farmboy to figther, but as far as I can remember, the only time we see him fight was when he shot Ygritte. Otherwise he was at the exact point during his death from where he started, see my first lne about his personality

Don't you mean write? Don't tell me you can't understand what I'm saying there

or you can't explain his personality because he had none

And he got that. You yourself said how he turned into a capable member of the Watch. After that happened, this "trait" becomes irrelevant, because he is no longer scared, he is only a child in years and he has a new home
And after that he started to look up at Thorne. But this isn't a personality, it's an action

lol

nice ad hom, but what do you mean by "shitty opinion"?

If you are not this guy: then sorry for the accusation

Like Bruce Wayne did.

Is there any part of the show that's not pandering madly to nazi feminists at this point?

I guess Bran maybe but they are probably going to make his next vision about a stronk woman murdering/rescuing a helpless dude.

He's going to need Meera for help and guidance

I'd say the North and Riverlands, if it weren't for Sansa going from Jeyne Poole tier abused to empowered womyn chickenhawk in the space of one episode.

oh yeah, she exists

Oh yeah, didn't the leaked spoilers say that she was going to basically rescue Bran after Hodor and Raven is killed? I guess all storylines are pozzed with feminism now.

Where is that again?

in your mom's pants

One spoiler said Benjen shows up to save them.

If you're being serious, it's where this happens.

Aha. Thank you.

Which GoT/ASOIAF character would be most likely to be a neo-conservative?

Is this star trek general? Sisko is best captain.

None of these have anything to do with the plot whatsoever.

This shit happens regardless of if Olly does it or not. In fact, it matters so little who does it, that nobody ever finds out who killed Ygritte. Plus Jon had already been stabbed 5 or 6 times, so one more really wasn't going to do him in.

Literally the only thing Olly ever did that wasn't ripped from another character.

This

Also his only purpose was probably the shock value, because if an adult gets his family butchered and he gets hanged, who cares? But if it happens to a kid, oh so shocking!

Maisie bump

I count three Maisie bumps in that pic

so someone paying lip service to the nation's needs while really being a paid shill for internationalist masters? at this rate, Tommen cause of all that Lannister debt + his weakness as king. Robin is a close contender as well

also
dumb test I just want White Australia policy and gun owning freedoms back, and some more protectionism

you need to stop reading leftie propaganda and start thinking for yourself

stop baiting me dude

no, you stop being a retard

Howdy, Holla Forums!

How's Aokigahara, Natalie? :^)

You don't say.

Take your pick:

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/
>>>/oven/

Not that guy, but it's really boring that you dislike something, slap a label on it and then use that label as a proof or a reason. Example:

don't we use labels in general because they carry a lot of information in the form of assumptions but using just one word? in that way they could be seen (not always) as containing their own proof/reason. It's just shorthand

Yup.

yeah they could have at least thrown in some theory about human souls passing through to a different universe away from the gods, or that Jon didn't get all the way to the afterlife he was just in the middle/purgatory bit for 24 hours that you don't remember

Cute opinion, but no. Labels are useful, effective and fun.

JUST

this. how do you even fit atheism and magical resurrection via prayer in the same framework? the doublethink is ridiculous

so you mean communist 50 years ago?
hippy 30 years ago?
leftist 10 years ago?

bernie sanders/ted cruz supporters currently

He could even go full buddist and say some shit like "I felt the dark, but also I felt everything and everyone arround me".

Or even go to some twisted kind of buddist hell. "The word was squeezing my body and spirit like if I was grue! forced to get into shapes I couldn't fit or mix with other souls! I don't know if there are gods, but there sure are demons after death!".

You don't need a god for your afterlife if you do it well.

The GRRM world is Saducee - they were Jews who believed God existed, but death was it and God didn't resurrect people.

So it's not like GURRM's world at all then? Lady Stoneheart, Jon Snow, that other faggot what's his name…

I'm pretty sure GRRM believes bodies are just meat and you can 'restart' them like his 486.

They would have massive brain damage and the things that killed them would have to be fixed first. In order for his type of resurrection to work there needs to be a mystical spiritual element.

Both Catelyn and Berric come back all fucked up.

There's still magic, but it's godless. Wights also get resurrected and seem to retain some memories.

It is weird because they have the concept of warging - which is pushing your consciousness into an animal - but there are no souls.

In all honesty I think this is all D&D. They're both atheists who hate religion so they had to have Jon scream there is no afterlife.

Yeah, none of it makes any sense, how do you posses an animal if you don't have a soul?
Sure, but that seems to be more of a "I've been to the other side and back" fucked up rather than a drooling vegetable state induced by the brain not getting any oxygen and shutting down.

In Catelyn's case it is the latter. Thoros refuses to do the Kiss of Life to her because he says she has been dead too long (four days) and stuck in the river. Berric resurrects her with his depleted lifeforce and when she comes back she can't speak (because her throat is cut) and she barely can do anything but hate. She's almost purely a wight.

No, it isn't. She's not in a vegetative state.

GRRM is primarily a sci-fi writer. It's not magic, it's psychic power. ASoIaF is sci-fi disguised as fantasy.

No Preston. GRRM has explicitly said it's a fantasy, not sci fi.

as cool as it would be to have Bran go to the far north to find a crashed space ship, it won't happen

well gurm has said a bunch of things, like his book getting done this decade.

So you think he's lying, or so desperate to get his book out he'll just say 'fuck it, I'm putting in robots?'

If he wanted to troll his audience he could do it the easy way and die of his own obesity

I bet that sounded more implausible in your head.

lel

Holy shit, spoiler city; Lady Stoneheart may actually be confirmed. If not, Cersei is toast.

Maisie and Sophie play 2 truths and a lie.

Sophie Turner

Truth. This is pretty much a given.

Could this be the truth?

Probably a lie. Arya's three people are Cersei, Walder and the Mountain on the show. Cersei can't die yet, Walder will probably die and the Mountain won't be killed by Arya. That's one person.

Maisie Williams

Truth. A given.

Probably a truth; as Arya taking someone's face this season is probably a given.

A lie. She'll probably kill Walder, which is one guy.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/games-of-thrones-season-6-major-deaths-and-spoilers-dropped-by-cast-during-two-truths-and-a-lie-game-a7035526.html

how can Lady Stoneheart return if she was never on the show?

checkmate, atheists.

that's Laura Roslin Catelyn Jenner Stark, not Lady Stoneheart.

Crossing name off the list does not mean she has to kill them. So I'd say

Ramsay dies
Arya checks 3 people: Cersei, Walder, and Mountain, dieing from wounds sustained at Cleganebowl. Although D&D may bring in Lady Stoneheart as a "cool turn of events" but unlikely.

I kinda hope Cersei doesn't die. That'd be moving too fast.

I just realized all the living characters are the ones I hate.

Tell me who I'm supposed to like at this point.

Ramsay.

He's not funny. "20 good men". Killed the Roose. Makes utterly no sense.

No.

You hate Davos and Arya?

You are right. It would have been more interesting had he just killed the baby in secret or something. This show is missing intrigue.

Davos went full retard this season. Arya is ok I suppose.

Arya is god-awful, almost as bad as Danyeaeyas.

Davos is pathetic now. He literally stood right in front of Brienne while she described killing Stannis and was just like "please don't kill me too, that was the past (like a week ago or something)". Davos reminds me how the whole Stannis arc was shelved without explanation:

samefag….
Does anyone think we'll get an explanation of what the Iron Bank is going to do now? They just funded a revolutionary to conquer the continent, and now they're presumably content?

You are supposed to like -

Jon Snow
Salsa
Dany
Tyrion

If you dont like any of them, stop watching the show at once.

the homophobic pope guy

But I liked
These characters had depth and subtlety.

Can't stand that guy. He's so boring and bland.

Stannis' march on Winterfell in the show makes no sense on any level.

funny and sadly true

I like Jon; probably one of the only characters not butchered in the show.

I like book Sansa, not sure if I'm okay with show Sansa yet.

I like book Dany a lot more than show Dany even in ADWD.

I dislike show Tyrion slightly more than book Tyrion.

Which GoT/ASOIAF character would be most likely to frequent this bar and be an annoying hipster faggot who puts it on for social media?

Why can't the afterlife have nothing for Jon Snav?
Maybe bastards get abyss?

I like how /got/ actually called this. D&D are so fucking cheap

No, people are just more used to female nudity so male nudity sticks out more in their memory.

:3

Just because you can bring people back from the dead doesn't mean there's an afterlife. See: IRL.

I'm the guy taking the picture

They already established that there's no afterlife. Beric said so to Melisandre back in like S3. The only reason what's his face the warg went into his hawk was because he voluntarily did it the moment he died. Also, there is literally nothing in the show to support that any Stark but Bran is a warg.

Me on the right

me on the top

They really raped Loras in the show.

tbh if Loras was consistently portrayed how he was in the books, the scene from last episode would have had a lot more impact because of what they'd reduced him to.

FREE TRADE AND RESTRICTIVE IMMIGRATION ARE MUTUALLY REINFORCING POLICIES YOU FUCKING RETARD
mises.org/library/case-free-trade-and-restricted-immigration-0

that's not how they bring people back to life irl though

the others/white walkers. They made westeros great and will make it great again in the years to come.

this. he's supposed to be one of the finest warriors in the seven kingdoms yet on the show he's a faggy dudebro shithead kid.

I say we give amnesty to the wildlings.

Muh dick.

5/5 bretty gud :DDD

This is a new low for you people.

We really need more Trump GoT OC

New thread →
New thread →
New thread →
New thread →
New thread →
New thread →

Never change, aspie. Never change.