Citizen Kane

Saw this for the first time, I really liked it. Not too well versed about it's innovative film making techniques but the way it was shot and the story was superb.

Thoughts?

I knew Holla Forums were plebs but I didn't know it was this bad, not even wineposters are here.

What's to discuss? You either think it's the greatest film ever or it's overrated trash.

I really enjoyed it when I first saw it, but I don't think I entirely understood the themes of it at the time. Should probably rewatch it.

All the Americans are asleep, wait a few hours.

TELL ME ABOUT KANE!

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE HAT?!

Charles Foster Kane is an enigma, one of cinema's interesting characters which itself can bring in discussion as well as the film's overall themes.

Yeah, should have posted it a bit later, oh well.

Saw it for the first time myself a couple weeks ago. Really liked it all around except for that fucking cockatoo.

I don't watch films made before 1960.

MUUAAAAGHHHHHH THE ROSEBUD

movies before the cultural revolution were p good
they had subtly and tension and it's fun watching more tradition social convention and laughing at how backwards all of the racists were

i think there's a basic misunderstanding given by the misleading name of the board here
Holla Forums isn't about movies and tv shows, it's just about memes related to the entertainment industry

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Might not be the best film ever made, but it's still really good. Some of the techniques it used are still impressive to this day.

i'll let you know this movie is approved by the god emperor himself

Recently he said that it is his favourite movie.

and he also clearly stated that django unchained sucks
PATRICIAN TASTE
A
T
R
I
C
I
A
N

T
A
S
T
E

MWAAAAH THE ROSEBUDS

Its overrated trash. Lets discuss some Alfred Hitchcock instead.

Hitchcock is shit

I really like Hitchcock. Not everyone of his films is a masterpiece, but they're almost always satisfying. The only one that disappointed me was Suspicion.

What did he mean by this?

Classic films are perfection.

He meant that, even though he had all of the material possessions money could buy, the only thing he ever truly wanted was the peaceful and innocent life he knew as a child.

Witnessed.

wow how bold and daring.
don't tell me, he likes The Godfather and The Beatles too. incredible.

it's true though. he was literally incapable of ending a movie in a satisfying way

I'm guessing you never watched Rear Window or every other stinking movie he ever made you wretched pleb.

old movies are full of monsters and aliens though

Do you think people want to talk about the same classics every single week? That's why every board becomes a shitposting haven, only so many cockatoo discussions to be had.

Calm down, we can talk about Sander's favorites another time.

MWAAAAAH

Excuse me, but I will post no memes before its time.

MUAAAWWAAAHAHAHAA IM A HACK

That's funny because that is the entire plot of the film, as well as what film enthusiasts have been interpreting for decades. Cinema's first 'what did he mean by this?' moment.

Yeah, for a second I tnought the film turned dark before realizing it was a bird.

Because every film I watch HAS to be nu-edgy and in color.

Any examples you can think of?

He looked really sad when he said that.

What went wrong?

What are some other good Welles kino?

Dear god he was Japandering before Japandering was a thing.

bicycle thieves? at the beginning the guy doesn't give the negro a job
he says "get the hell out of here damn negro, we don't have enough jobs for respectable white people as it is" but in italian
then the mob of unemployed laugh at him as he runs away

Don't reply to such cheap bait.

Actually this was around 1980 so this was about the same time that everybody else was doing it

It's a great film but not the bestest ever.

It's superlative status is a cultural shibboleth among certain circles of film critics.

"What, you don't know Citizen Kane is the greatest movie of all time. What a plebeian … "

THE FRENCH CHAMPAGNE

that's the most surface level "analysis" of Kane I've heard

He also unironically liked TDKR so I wouldn't take it so seriously.

Hothead detected