This was the last time they spoke as friends. Qui-Gon is standing in the dark, Obi-wan is standing in the light

This was the last time they spoke as friends. Qui-Gon is standing in the dark, Obi-wan is standing in the light.

P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y

SO DENSE
O

D
E
N
S
E

nice triple dubs

still better than the Jew Jew garbage

IT RHYMES

still pissed of that we never got that scene of him at the bar as a young man

INVASION
I
N
V
A
S
I
O
N

Jedi are pure beings who don't have filthy thoughts of sex in their mind.

knowing Lucas it was likely a complete accident.

trainwrecks are forever user

the smell of shit tends to linger

that's why bathrooms have those vents that suck everything out

does the star wars extended universe have a Jedi training school sex abuse scandal? I am virtually certain it would

I honestly would like a movie about "The Adventures of Qui-Gon" or something

I really liked his character

damn it I knew not watching the whole show would come back to bite me in the ass

Do you think they will reveal in the next Star wars that based darth Jar Jar was the real phantom menace all along?

We got a ton of junior EU novels that told his story from his apprenticeship with Dooku and up to Ep. I. Of course, all gone now according to Disney.

Yeah, he was just so comfy, it's such a shame he got killed in TPM.

He really was the only good thing about Phantom Menace.

God, I hope so.

Just like the interracial relationship between Rey and Flinn is the best thing about TFA!

Suck a dick

The last time they spoke was when Qui Gon died in Obi Wan's arms.

It's like pure poetry.

TPM is easily the best prequel film.

I don't get it.

I never understood that part. It seemed to "plot" for me

So Qui-Gon was a better light saber duelist but died because why?

Only thing I can think of is Obi Wan was angry and he was SO ANGRY that for a moment he channeled the "bad" Sith force and overcame Darth Maul because he was more Sith at that point due to his anger

But that seems dumb since he was a Master Jedi at that point and would have known not to give into anger

Lucas never really bought into the "transistive" combat thing.

Any fight is open to be won by either side to some extent.

He didn't have the high ground.

it's a parody of a famous ROTS scene.

B…buh my epic plinkett maymays!

IT'S TIME FOR OBI

TO LET ER' SITH

If you people weren't dumb enough to we would have an autistic sequel expanding the rather than a soulless cashgrab

Lucas has always strived for realism in his films, the better fighter doesn't always win, there are more factors in play during a fight than just skill.

This post seems to be incomplete but I think I agree with it.

In the old comics they often stated that Qui-Gon was unpredictable and some jedis claimed to sense a bit of the dark side in him. He was kind of a grey jedi.

That's why you see some light on him in the picture
Bravo Lucas!

He was also one of the few jedi in the old comics who engaged in romantic affairs and almost fell to the dark side when his bitch died.

In which comic? It sounds kind of interesting.

The only one I've read with him in it he just does whatever the force tells him to do, sometimes that means being nice to bad people, sometimes it means murdering the fuck out of them. He doesn't seem to follow the Jedi code at all intentionally but happen to follow it enough when he's blindly following the force that the council accepts him even if they're not entirely supporting his actions.

What "character"? He was a line delivery automaton. Probably the second most robotic character after Amidala.

is that a fukken death stick??

Qui-Gon died because he was an old man being pushed to his limits. That's why he was meditating during the force field part, he was exhausted.

The rest of the scene was contrived though.

Not really.

And now go watch your 7 shit.

TPM could have been a good movie if they cut out the council meeting shit, made Anakin into a badass older teenager, and Obi-Wan an older Jedi Knight and cut out Qui-Gon entirely. I like Liam Neeson, but I still got no idea why he was in this. What did he do in the plot that Obi-Wan couldn't have done?

Qui-Gon was apparently old and easily exhausted, and Darth Maul just kept on letting him tire himself out until he got an opening. Plus, Qui-Gon's fighting technique sucked ass in closed spaces, which kind of makes you wonder why he insisted on pushing Darth Maul into a small chamber, and didn't hang around to let Obi-Wan catch up. That's what anyone with a modicum of intelligence could have done.

Also, because plot. Darth Maul didn't immediately bisect Obi-Wan when the latter jumped up right in front of him, for example.