Today is my birthday

Guess I'm going to have to re-watch something or watch some animu film.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/65855103
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_(psychology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the spirit of Holla Forums, watch capeshit and use a chan as your blog to tell us how bad it is.

watch a movie about a socially awkward man who builds a successful, happy life and a loving family

Watch Ghostbusters 2016.

Are they making a movie about Jeb's 2016 run?

photoshop the 40-year-old-virgin poster and I'd believe it

narrow minded af fam but I can't blame you for being so ignorant
this board isn't helpful at all in discovering new movies to watch

that's what letterboxd is for tbh

true, there are other sites that are better at recommending movies, and Holla Forums isn't really for movie discovery, but we could have something like /mu/ share threads. Those are pretty good for finding new music. If we had at least a thread dedicated to recommending le obscure movies without a bunch of ironic shitposters greentexting >kino >artfilm >patrician it might increase the quality of this shit board.

tv is the shitposting board, even more so on infinity
tbh even halfchan is better than this shithole, I think we just don't have enough people

>>>/r9k/

o-okay

No no, I looked at everything released in the last 16 years, I've either seen it or know it's shit. There are a few exceptions I'm avoiding just because I know what to expect from those films, like anything out of China or India. I don't feel like the silliness of a Bollywood film right now, and the last several Chinese films I watched massively disappointed me. Maybe there's some recent South Korean revenge flick that came out? Those are usually pretty good.

The last five films I watched were Meet the Hollowheads which I kind of liked, Dethgasm which was okay, Enter the Void which bored me to tears and seemed explicitly designed to turn me off, Tromeo & Juliet which had it's moments and Sabotage, which was a giant pile of shit.

I'd like to see Hardcore Henry but I missed it's theater run and any torrent of it seems to have been scrubbed from KAT, similarly I've been looking for a copy of Motivational Growth with no luck.

As for capefilms I enjoyed Civil War, but I saw it opening night. (Remember that thread about the kids who clapped ironically at the end and wouldn't stop? That was one of mine.)

seen this yet?
vimeo.com/65855103

I've already created many wonderful threads that have ended with less than 20 posts and I've come to the conclusion that the users of this board are simply ignorant of the medium that they pretend to be so knowledgeable about.

It's not that I hate ironic shitposting, that's why I love this board tbh. But I wish we could be ironic while basking in the satisfying aura of our superiority in film knowledge. From my perspective the users of this board are like single celled organism and I am a Devonian shark.

hardly anyone here knows even basic arthouse

Arthouse is for fags.

This is not a place to come to feel superior about anything.

Goon, get the fuck out.

you know nothing, arthouse has the best women

This is real arthouse.

you think you're being profound; all you're really doing is exposing your profound ignorance

It takes a complex mind to enjoy and appreciate both irony and sincerity. True plebs like you would recoil at such an idea, it would seem.

my reaction IRL to your ebin troll

How many levels of irony are you on?

How many times have you had to re-pledge that $10?

sincerity is worth worlds more than your shitty suit of irony armor

That's the problem with this place, trying to sound smart has become pretentious and taboo. I'm just trying to bring back quality discussions to my favorite chan. I can easily blend in with the low effort rabble that inhabit this board because I too have been baptized in memes but I choose a different fate, the way of the creator and not the parrot.

Nice blog post faggot. Maybe for your favourite meal you should eat a bullet.

The only part of my post that was false was calling this website my favorite chan. Congratulations on being part of a place that I consider worse than cuckchan. I'll be creating OC with like minded peers while you're posting orson welles for the 200th time.

Nice low effort post, you've really done well with that one!

arthouse even beats you at post-irony tbh

Hey reddit, we're having a lot more fun here without you. Since you have more fun on cuckchan, feel free to go back.

>>>/reddit/

How many accounts have you purchased?

No, you'll be here pissing and moaning about how nobody else makes OC like every other metaposting faggot who ruins a board.

I don't think you can ruin a board that has already reached rock bottom. Me metaposting neither contributes nor detracts quality. Every metaposter you've ever seen was simply a quality contributor that began to grow tired of all of the low effort posts and decided to complain before leaving. No wonder there are no more quality posters here. Goodbye

cant go wrong with Wandkino
3, 5, 6 or 7.1

So I just give up and go replay Ace Combat instead.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_(psychology)
why are you so afraid to dream, user-san?

thata why you watch lotr, hp or star wars (yea not tfa)

lots of white people and the only black guys are mace windu and kingsley

nice qualitypost!

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Holy shit, god forbid you have to see something more than once EVER in your entire god damn life. Do you just eat a pizza and say,

Or Maybe

People like you are the most insufferable cunts to try to watch movies with. Why do you act like it's such an awful thing to re-watch movies you like? Especially when you're sitting there

RE-EATING YOUR FAVORITE MEAL

Most great movies offer a reason to watch them multiple times, especially for a pleb like me who doesn't catch all the cinematic techniques and tricks on the first viewing. Hell, even mediocre movies often have fascinating ammount of craftmanship poured into them.

list me all the shit you've seen and maybe i can point you in a direction

go to viooz if you want to watch hardcore henry

OP here.

So I ended up going out for a bit, which wasn't a great idea as there were thunderstorms all day.

Subsequently, in addition to the flooding my internet was out for most of the night, which blows as I kind of had plans with three girls to fool around on webcam.

While I was out I came across a man playing guitar for tips. He wasn't that great, his version was very slow, but when he sang "doo-doo-doo, looking outta my backdoor" I pictured the sequence from Big Lebowski. I realized that while I'd seen virtually the entire film through clips and caught portions of it on tv, I'd never actually seen the entire thing beginning to end. "That's it! I'll watch that when I get home!" but then my internet was dead, so I ended up watching some anime and the first three episodes of this season of Silicon Valley as I'd been downloading it, but intended to wait to watch it until the entire season was out.

You used the example of me eating my favorite meal. If I ate it every single day, do you think it would still be my favorite meal? I'm going to tell you one component of it, fried ice cream. I ordered fried ice cream and ate it alongside everything else. Think I should have that every day? No, I have it once a year.

I watch films and shows for new experiences, same with video games. Yes, I re-watch my favorites on occasion, but in the case of video games, it kind of feels like a waste if like me you own over a thousand games, but have a couple hundred you've never tried because you keep going back and replaying your favorites.

So, as for my favorite films? I marathon them as background noise while cleaning house, or get a kick out of getting to watch them with someone who has never seen them. It's one of the few benefits of starting a new relationship. "She hasn't seen Noroi? Fantastic, maybe she'll be the one to actually like the film."

It's a pain because it means while I do have other options, I don't have the fortitude to sit through them right now. For example, I have the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven, I've watched maybe half an hour of it and didn't feel that engaged. I've got Room downloaded. No, not The Room, just Room, the one about the kid who grew up in a small room he was kept in by a kidnapper. I got Shock Treatment downloaded, but everything I've seen of it tells me I'm going to completely hate it.

you should try getting struck by lightning, it would be more interesting than sitting in a room fattening yourself and feeling others' experiences

Happy birthday, btw

Happy after-birthday.

Watch things too many times and they get stale.

So how old are you now OP?

Watch "Happy Birthday To Me" ('81). It's a really interesting slasher that plays with ideas of perceived reality and turns some genre conventions on their head.

It also looks and sounds really pretty.

fuck my life

Shut up Eggers.

BOO-FUCKING-HOO WOE IS ME PEOPLE LOVE ME

Get a fucking grip, next time just ask for the day off, turn off your mobile and ghost somewhere. Most of the nerds here would kill you and take your spot if they could.